Share | 

Johnny Manziel QB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue May 31, 2016 8:32 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Football sites need to stop posting about him, he's not a football player, and will never be again.

Exactly.  I always thought that there was an outside chance that some idiot owner might give him a chance.  But with the reports that he's dropped a ton of weight and is no where near football shape, we're looking at several years of rehab and working out to get him to the point where he could even try out for a team again.  

Time to do some RW housecleaning and move him and Blackmon to the FFA.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 am

2014 Draft, Pick 1.03 - Sty.  "Watching him in College is enough justification for me to pick him. He will be a great one."

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 am

Good stuff Sty, we all wish we could have some picks back. Andy really farted on his first pick, but then hit the hell out of the ball on his next two. Bortles and ARob back to back? Damn Gina.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Hey, Manziel is a GREAT ONE ... at Drinking and being an ASS. However, at pro ball he is a total failure. At least Sty only picked him in a private league. Gruden sung his praises on national tv over and over for all to hear.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 pm

God I love this story for some reason. Link

Anyone here a lawyer? Is this mistake by his attorney grounds for any kind of malpractice? Or just a hilarious fuck up?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Things like this happen more often than you'd think. What makes this worse is that the AP disclosed it. Both the attorney and the AP are in trouble. They both should hope that JFF gets off lightly.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Why can't he just go away?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:02 pm

And now his dad calls him a druggie. Haha.

Quote :
Speaking to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Johnny Manziel's father said, "My son is a druggie and he needs help."

"Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses," said Paul Manziel. "I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him." This isn't the first time Manziel's father has publicly pleaded for Johnny to seek help and it probably won't be the last. Earlier this week, Manziel's lawyer Bob Hinton accidentally revealed to the Associated Press that he's seeking a plea deal in his domestic violence case. Things just keep getting worse for Johnny Football.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Sadly, I don't think Manziel is long for this world.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:26 pm

JOHNNY IS SOBER! JOHNNY IS SOBER!!!!

Ex-NFL QB Johnny Manziel said he's going "completely sober" starting this Friday, July 1.

Quote :
Hahaha. Okay, maybe he's serious. But if Manziel's past lifestyle is any indication, it won't last. "No booze, eating right and training like crazy." Those were apparently Manziel's words to TMZ Sports. JFF also said he's determined to make an NFL comeback and ready to get back to work. Only after two more days of binge drinking and partying. We'd be shocked if Manziel plays in 2016.

Oh, he needs 2 more days of drunk loser time...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:03 pm

I was sure he'd wait until after the 4th. laughing

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 am

munch

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:44 am

Just loves to party. Why didn't he just wait the two days, and then say he was done?

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 pm

He will go down as one of the biggest dummies ever. He is a real like Al Bundy. He will be selling shoes telling everyone how good he was.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
He will go down as one of the biggest dummies ever.  He is a real like Al Bundy.  He will be selling shoes telling everyone how good he was.

C.Mom Man.  Al Bundy had 4 TD's in a single game.  Manziel had what?  4 beers in a single quarter? ... laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Don't take Al Bundy down like that. He's way higher in my rankings anyway.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

True, but you also liked Sankey, and defended that drug loser that you own. lol 2

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
He will go down as one of the biggest dummies ever.  He is a real like Al Bundy.  He will be selling shoes telling everyone how good he was.

Al Bundy was a responsible family man and a well-adjusted member of society and drank WAY less beer.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

True, but you also liked Sankey, and defended that drug loser that you own.  lol 2

I did not like Sankey. Get your facts straight Richard.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:29 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

True, but you also liked Sankey, and defended that drug loser that you own.  lol 2

Richard. Laughed at that. I do remember Corey sending me pics of your house. You had a fathead of Sankey.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Richard. Laughed at that. I do remember Corey sending me pics of your house. You had a fathead of Sankey.

*looks around* You see Corey around here anymore?

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Anyone think Manziel will ever get another shot?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Not in his current state.  If he seriously seeks help and gets his life turned around, and I mean no fucking around, seriously, he's young enough for somebody to take a flyer on him.  But you wonder if he even has the passion to put in the effort.  Right now, I don't see it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Nope. He gone.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Watch out he don't show up in Arena football as some sort of gimmick.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

He would sell tickets, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Exactly!  Heck I would even watch the game and it would probably be their biggest ratings.

Ok, you heard it here first.  Johnny Football to make his Arena Football Debut....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Exactly!  Heck I would even watch the game and it would probably be their biggest ratings.

Ok, you heard it here first.  Johnny Football to make his Arena Football Debut....

Drunk...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Drunk...

Lol, I thought you were talking about me for making that statement and then it hit me, you're talking about Johnny.  Gotta admit, it took me a few to figure that one out doh!  lol3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Haha, yeah I just read it back and sorry it came off that way. I was going to say, "drunk and high....."

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm

He has enrolled back at Texas A&M.  He is listed as a recreation, parks and tourism sciences major. Life after football? shrug

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
He has enrolled back at Texas A&M.  He is listed as a recreation, parks and tourism sciences major. Life after football? shrug

I smell a sitcom...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Hopefully he's getting his life together, but I imagine he is not.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:18 am

At this stage your just happy he's doing something positive. Football is a 1000 miles away right now I hope he's got someone in his life to keep it real and tell him that. I doubt he has for a long time people just blow smoke up his ass and tell him he's the greatest.

I'd like to see him play one day, probably CFL realistically but whatever people say he's exciting to watch and that's why I loved football in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:01 am

shrug

Gimmick players don't often do well in the NFL. Especially divas like him. Never bought into it from the start.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 am

I don't mind admitting I got him wrong but I wouldn't call him a gimmick player. He was a very successful college QB and that shouldn't be forgotten.
His biggest knock coming out was his size, not his attitude and actually I saw some flashes of brilliance when he did play for the Browns.

What's clear now is he has some serious mental health and dependency issues. But it would have been difficult to pick that up in the controlled evaluations they do.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:42 pm

This guy is an absolute shit stain of a human. Never really liked him, like him even less a few years later. Hope to meet him one day when I'm entering a Walmart. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:21 am

ESPN.com news services wrote:
Manziel, attending the International Football Betting Conference in Costa Rica, was asked what he would do if he isn't able to resume his NFL playing career.

"I'd do something involved with sports. I can't get away from it," he said at the conference. "I've had to ask myself that a little bit as of late over the past year, but at the same time I'd want to be involved in sports in some way, whether it's coaching, whether it's doing something like that. So I think that'd be my route."

First off, what the hell is the International Football Betting Conference and did Roster Wars send a rep? Secondly, is this the conference Johnny really wants to be attending? Lastly, I can't imagine any program actually giving him a shot at coaching other than to be able to point to him and say, this is how not to have a career in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
This guy is an absolute shit stain of a human.  Never really liked him, like him even less a few years later.  Hope to meet him one day when I'm entering a Walmart.  Evil laugh

Wonder if he will have pajama pants on when you see him

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Manziel, attending the International Football Betting Conference in Costa Rica, was asked what he would do if he isn't able to resume his NFL playing career.

"I'd do something involved with sports. I can't get away from it," he said at the conference. "I've had to ask myself that a little bit as of late over the past year, but at the same time I'd want to be involved in sports in some way, whether it's coaching, whether it's doing something like that. So I think that'd be my route."

First off, what the hell is the International Football Betting Conference and did Roster Wars send a rep?  Secondly, is this the conference Johnny really wants to be attending?  Lastly, I can't imagine any program actually giving him a shot at coaching other than to be able to point to him and say, this is how not to have a career in the NFL.

I thought he was already done with his NFL career?

And if RW is sending a rep, shouldn't it be somebody from Nevada? I mean Nevada is already a betting state.   shrug

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:

[/quote]

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 am

No CFL for Johnny this year.....does this close out any return to football?
"Earlier this month, the CFL extended a 10-day window for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to sign quarterback Johnny Manziel in order to “facilitate a process of evaluation for the player.”
That window has been extended through the end of November, but any contract Manziel signs will not be for the 2017 season. The CFL released a statement announcing Commissioner Randy Ambrosie’s decision that the league will not register a contract for Manziel this year.
“After an extensive process of due diligence and an in-person meeting with Mr. Manziel, the Commissioner has decided that he will not register any contract for Mr. Manziel for this season. However, Mr. Manziel will be eligible to sign a contract for the 2018 season and, if Mr. Manziel meets certain conditions that have been spelled out by the Commissioner, the CFL will register that contract. "
full story; https://sports.yahoo.com/johnny-manziel-won-t-play-152124887.html

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:41 am

This whole process seems a bit shady to me.  JFF called the team's bluff about potential interest and activated a 10-day period for them to make a decision.  Then the CFL comes in and saves the team from the 10-day window.  I'm cool with the CFL not letting him play but the extension of time for the team to respond seems a bit underhanded.

Free JFF!

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Personally I would watch CFL if Manziel was playing - otherwise thumbs down fart noise to that league. I hate the NFL for not giving this talented kid a 2nd chance, when you look at the lousy QB play we have to watch every week.
What did he do really? He had a drink problem. He (finally) sought help and fixed his problem. Now why can't he play?

NFL blackballs guys and its not fair.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 am

I want to get drunk with Johnny.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:

laughing

lol 2

ROFL

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

I have literally never heard anyone say this about Manziel. I think my favorite Johnny Football story is the time he went AWOL on the Browns to fly to Vegas with a blonde wig/aviators/fake mustache disguise to booze it up without being caught. This being Manziel, though, he never thought things through all the way to the end. When it came time to pay, he begged to let his huge bar bill go as a tab, but eventually had to fork over his credit card with his real name on it.

My least favorite Manziel story is how he made a habit out of beating and threatening his girlfriend.

By the way, if you've never seen this, Deadspin's piece on the Manziel family is one of the best reads about Texas football you'll ever come across.

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Michael Bennett is such a fucking douche-bag in real life.

scratch

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:31 pm

I was joking about getting drunk with JFootball, I was drunk this morning when I woke up. But yes, Bennett is a fucking tool.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I was joking, I was drunk this morning when I woke up.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:

laughing

lol 2

ROFL

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

I have literally never heard anyone say this about Manziel. I think my favorite Johnny Football story is the time he went AWOL on the Browns to fly to Vegas with a blonde wig/aviators/fake mustache disguise to booze it up without being caught. This being Manziel, though, he never thought things through all the way to the end. When it came time to pay, he begged to let his huge bar bill go as a tab, but eventually had to fork over his credit card with his real name on it.

My least favorite Manziel story is how he made a habit out of beating and threatening his girlfriend.

By the way, if you've never seen this, Deadspin's piece on the Manziel family is one of the best reads about Texas football you'll ever come across.

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Michael Bennett is such a fucking douche-bag in real life.

scratch

I can't believe that I have never seen this article before.  Great read and it really explains a lot.  Thanks for the link.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   

Back to top Go down

Johnny Manziel QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: