:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Brandon Meriweather S WAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Finally,  this dirty player is going to see some consequences for his actions... 2 game suspension...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games/

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Guess I need a safety next week...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 pm

No you don't. "These are not the safeties you are looking for." ... raise eyebrow 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

He's appealing and they're expediting the appeal. But I'd expect him to lose given that player safety is a point of emphasis this year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 pm

He better lose! There isn't a dirtier player in the NFL right now... an example needs to be made!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm

soapbox rant 

Wow, even the NFL is run like a bunch of Liberal panzies. The old theory of "the squeaky wheel, gets the grease" prevails once again. Merriweather had his suspension reduced to 1, yes 1 measly game. Guess with the powers that be that the opening scene of the "Last Boyscout" would have garnered what? 4 games, 8, games, 16 games? No wait I know.... 16 games then reduced to 10 cause he shot most of those guys in the knee and didn't go for body mass shots. So reduction is needed, no wait ... warranted. After all he was likely having a bad hair day and all.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Unfortunately this is confirmed... the suspension is reduced : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/meriweather-suspension-reduced-to-one-game/

What a fucking joke the NFL is sometimes! If you are the dirtiest player in the league with intent to hurt other players you get a 1 game suspension or have to pay a fine... but if you are Josh Gordon and you take prescription cough medicine w/ codeine without checking with the league first, you could be suspended an entire season!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Quote :
Brandon Meriweather was back at the team's facility Monday after being suspended for illegal hits to the helmet. And the Washington Redskins safety says he's learned some important lessons.

"To be honest, man, you've just got to go low now, man," Meriweather said, via Zac Boyer of The Washington Times. "You've got to end people's careers, you know? You've got to tear people's ACLs and mess up people's knees now. You can't hit them high no more. You've just got to go low."

Yeah, that's probably not the wording the league used in its letter to Meriweather explaining why he was suspended for his repeated hits to the head. Meriweather also took exception to Brandon Marshall's comments that the league kick Meriweather out.

"He feel like I need to be kicked out of the league? I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out, too," Meriweather said. "You tell me who you'd rather have: Somebody who play aggressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?"

Meriweather is referring to a civil suit filed a few years ago by Marshall's former girlfriend, which accused him of abusing her. The case was dismissed, and Marshall was cleared of any wrongdoing.
Dumbass...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Words from a marginally talented jealous Jim that knows a big pay day will never now arrive. Hope he is smarter with his money than his words or he'll be hearing "clean up in aisle 6" in the not to distant future.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:20 pm

What he said about going low bears some truth though, jackass or not. You're going to see star players going down like never before due to these rule changes.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:38 pm

It is true, and I think it has a lot to do with the injuries. But you are already in the spotlight and being labeled dirty. Just so stupid to have comments like that be your first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Meriweather S WAS   

Back to top Go down

Brandon Meriweather S WAS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: