Share | 

Josh Freeman QB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Quote :
With the relationship between Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting quarterback Josh Freeman and coach Greg Schiano seen by league and team sources as beyond repair, Freeman is likely to ask for a deal ahead of next month's trade deadline. Schiano, whose tenure already stands at a perilous point despite coaching just 17 NFL games, further alienated the quarterback by revealing why he was absent for a team photo, and the lack of trust between the men has long been no secret in that locker room.

Furthermore, several executives on other clubs believe Schiano's refusal to ever really endorse Freeman is an attempt to undermine general manager Mark Dominik, who drafted Freeman in the first round prior to Schiano's arrival from Rutgers and who has also worked diligently to add talent to that roster in recent years. Many around the league believe Schiano would like to have full roster control as well, viewing Freeman -- who threw for over 4,000 yards and nearly 30 touchdowns last year -- as a pawn in a would-be power struggle.

Tampa's drafting of quarterback Mike Glennon in the third round this spring -- Glennon is clearly seen as “Schiano's guy” within the organization -- is just another indication that Freeman's future is elsewhere. In the final year of his rookie deal, with his value being undermined by the head coach, and with the Bucs making no attempts to extend him, a trade request by Freeman is one of few options available to the youngster.
Oh boy...

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Pedestrian...

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:01 am

Cant wait till you fluck up in week 4 so you can be benched Freeman...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:42 am

Freeman has definitely become the scapegoat in TB... but look at it realistically, outside of Jackson he has very little to work with as far as weapons go... Williams is okay but nothing special, Martin hasn't been much of a pass catcher to this point, but the biggest problems is the complete lack of a 3rd or 4th receiver and no credible receiving threat at TE! Switching QB's will not help things, in fact it is likely to get worse since Glennon is a mistake prone turnover machine!

Freeman may be out of town, but if the Bucs organization knew what was good for them, they would send Schiano out right along with him... Schiano is a pathetic excuse for a head coach and I don't see this team turning anything around with him at the helm...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:21 am

BENCHED

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
BENCHED
about time!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

This probably makes Arizona a very safe pick in the survivor pool. I predict Glennon will throw at least 3 ints and maybe toss in a fumble or two as well.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This probably makes Arizona a very safe pick in the survivor pool.    I predict Glennon will throw at least 3 ints and maybe toss in a fumble or two as well.  
Bump Martin, even against that run D

Yeah, everything that happened to CLE made MIN a great pick too..................

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
BENCHED
about time!
+1

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 pm

This, i bet,is all about Freeman getting traded in the next 2 weeks. He sits he doesnt get hurt.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
This, i bet,is all about Freeman getting traded in the next 2 weeks. He sits he doesnt get hurt.
Ya your right had nothing to do with his under 50% pass completion %, or his lackadaisical attitude around one Buc place. Your right.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Never stopped them from playing him before

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Freeman may be hard to trade though... He would be owed over $4 million for the rest of this season and he is a free agent at the end of the year either way... It will be interesting...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Never stopped them from playing him before
Actually he never had bad stats before this season... last year he was a top 10 QB up until the last 3 or 4 weeks of the regular season when the wheels came off. His play at the beginning of this season has more to do with dreadful OL play I think... it is hard to complete passes from the pocket when the pocket doesn't exist and he is hurried and running for his life. At least Freeman was a little mobile. Glennon is a statue, the definition of a pocket passer... things could get ugly for Glennon real quick!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Wow I guess us Floridians haven't watched every game that Freeman has played in his career here. First they didn't have a oline so they upgraded that, then they didn't have a good enough wr, so they spent money and upgraded that, then they blamed Winslow for Freeman's issues and removed him. Bottom line is if you have been in the league for 5 years and still make rookie mistakes then get the fuck out! And return all the millions the team gave you!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Sty,   I can understand why people would give up on Freeman...  I don't care about that...   My point is there are more issues in TB than just the QB position.    Inserting Glennon into the starting lineup is not going to make this team better...   the OL still sucks,   the receiving corps is thin with no 3rd or 4th WR or even a single TE worth a crap!   Martin isn't very effective in the pass game either...  and don't forget this team leads the NFL in penalties!   And to top it off Schiano is a terrible coach and playcaller...   Lots of reasons why the team blows right now...

So,  now you won't have to watch a veteran make rookie mistakes,  you will get to watch an actual rookie (and not a very good one)  make plenty of rookie mistakes!   Have fun!  vote yes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Looking forward to watching someone else learn the position. Hope it won't take him 5 years to learn how to be mediocre like Freeman.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Vjax sucks and thats why TB sucks. Just my opinion whether facts will back it up.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 am

Quote :
The Raiders are interested in signing Freeman, as are the Bills. Analysis: Now that Terrelle Pryor (concussion) is healthy, the Raiders are presumably looking into Freeman as a backup. Buffalo presents a much more interesting situation, as EJ Manuel (knee) is out for the next few weeks, leaving undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel as the team's only healthy quarterback. If Freeman lands in Buffalo, he could conceivably challenge Tuel as early as Week 6 or 7.
Where does he go I wonder?

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Some clown on Colin's New Football Show said he would be an upgrade over Dalton for the Bengals, would be the missing link for a championship. Fucking laughable.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:42 pm

The way the Tampa organization handled the benching and releasing of Freeman, including leaking confidential information about his ADD meds, and his "missing" meetings (when they asked him not to show up) shows how dysfunctional they are. You don't like the guy ok. Get rid of him. Don't be classless. BTW didn't they have the best record sinc the Superbowl season with Freeman at the helm?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:59 pm

The chatter is Oakland and they'd start him over Pryor. The first part of that makes lots of sense, the second less so and I think Freeman is a decent QB.

shrug 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 pm

I can see that, I think Freeman is a better QB than Pryor. Pryor didn't win the starting job in Oakland because he wowed them and took it by storm... he won it by default because Tyler Wilson was not ready and they realized they were duped with the trade for Flynn and he totally sucks!

Pryor's fantasy stats look decent because he runs, but his complete game as a QB is still lacking, he is not a potential franchise QB. With the way he plays he will never stay healthy. I think the Raiders view Freeman as a better all around player and an upgrade to their team and I would agree with that assessment. Freeman is a potential franchise QB... his exile in TB was a witchunt by Schiano who never really backed him and whittled away at his confidence. In short I believe Schiano undermined Freeman's confidence and set him up to fail... I think recent actions by Schiano during this whole fiasco should make anyone wonder just how much of a sociopath he really is.

Oakland could do a lot worse at QB than Freeman, and in fact they currently are!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 am

I don't agree. I think Pryor, while raw, can be a very good quarterback. I wouldn't bother with Freeman if I were OAK, unless it was as a backup. sounds like he's going to have enough options where he doesn't have to consider a backup spot. We'll see.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 am

Oops, just saw that he signed with the Vikings. Good move for them, I think. Freeman seems like an upgrade over both of their guys...potentially.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 am

Fuck Freeman...overrated. Oh LOL and he signs with who else..the Vikings...the team determined to never stop trying to make something work out of other teams throw-aways....jesus bleeping christ....

ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:48 am

I disagree with the commish. TheVikings havea 3 million 1 year investment in a qb that won 10 games a few years ago with Blount and Mike williams as his primary skill players and was pretty darn good for a long stretch last year. HE IS BETTER THAN PONDER. Any upgrade at the qb position even if it is a small one is helpful.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

Nice, I agree that the Vikings is a better landing spot for Freeman as he is clearly better than Ponder and Cassel combined!  

And Freeman is not a teams throwaway,  his release was the end result of having a sociopathic dickless idiot of a coach who hated him personally!  Had the Bucs shopped him preseason and not disparaged him publically they would have found suitors willing to pay a very good price.   Schiano's complete mishandling of the situation put them in a spot where they had to give Freeman away for nothing.  And he also made their organization look really bad.   If their management had any brains or balls,   Schiano would have already been fired!  

For the Vikings it is purely found gold and their team just got better!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:59 pm

I like the move for both parties. Freeman is a step above Ponder and Cassell, no doubt. He is not costing them too much - though his $3m salary is about that of the other 2 combined so that pretty much eliminates any doubt that they are going to start him as soon as he's up to speed - and Freeman has the chance to earn his reputation back.

He just has to go do it now. Potential upgrade for everyone in that offence.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Ponder and Freeman are two very different players. I wonder how long it's going to take them to revamp some of their playbook.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Freeman will never be anything worth bragging about but like you guys said he may just be better than Ponder/Cassel which is causing you to describe it as a win for the Vikings but thats why I call it a bad thing for them...they continue to find reasons to not draft a good QB...win enough games to fuck up their draft position but not have an actual chance of winning shit and then go into the next season wondering and willing to give the overrated QB on roster another shot.

The Vikings will never have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl until they figure out how to build a fuckin quality team. The end.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Freeman will never be anything worth bragging about but like you guys said he may just be better than Ponder/Cassel which is causing you to describe it as a win for the Vikings but thats why I call it a bad thing for them...they continue to find reasons to not draft a good QB...win enough games to fuck up their draft position but not have an actual chance of winning shit and then go into the next season wondering and willing to give the overrated QB on roster another shot.

The Vikings will never have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl until they figure out how to build a fuckin quality team.  The end.
Unless Freeman comes in and absolutely crushes, I can't imagine them passing on a quality QB prospect next year. Even though the Ponder pick was awful, at least Spielman pulled the trigger on a guy he thought was the guy. Poor assessment, but at least they have shown a willingness to try. And, this move shows that he won't hitch his cart to a dead horse (ala Childress to T-Jack.) Picking a QB out of the draft is very difficult and I don't begrudge them for getting it wrong. At least they are trying to do something about it.

The defense, on the other hand.....sick

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 pm

With Peterson, the Vikings are always just good enough to get a mediocre draft pick. Freeman won't change much there.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

The Vikings will never have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl until they figure out how to build a fuckin quality team.  The end.
Unless Freeman comes in and absolutely crushes, I can't imagine them passing on a quality QB prospect next year. Even though the Ponder pick was awful, at least Spielman pulled the trigger on a guy he thought was the guy. Poor assessment, but at least they have shown a willingness to try. And, this move shows that he won't hitch his cart to a dead horse (ala Childress to T-Jack.) Picking a QB out of the draft is very difficult and I don't begrudge them for getting it wrong. At least they are trying to do something about it.

The defense, on the other hand.....sick
I never underestimate their ability...

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Great, another crappy QB to go with the best RB maybe ever. GENIUS. vikings

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Quote :
ESPN Vikings blogger Ben Goessling doesn't expect the team to re-sign free agent Josh Freeman. Analysis: As Goessling points out, Freeman's arm strength could appeal to new OC Norv Turner, but considering the same front office that signed Freeman last season is still in place, it's highly unlikely they'd want to bring him back. Freeman will probably have to settle for a one- or two-year deal with some incentives this offseason. He should be able to find a team that will allow him to compete for the starting job. Oakland has already been mentioned as a possibility.

Future starter or career backup?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Get the fuck out of MN

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Signed with the G-MEN!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

As good a spot as any I'd say. He needs to go someplace as a true backup and get his bearings

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Not a bad landing spot.  Could recover value in couple years.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:43 am

Signed with the Dolphins.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:54 am

I will never own this guy

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:37 am

Who is Josh Freeman??

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:48 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Who is Josh Freeman??

He is the first version of Jameis Winston.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 am

Oh, ok....Now I know who you are talking about!! 

I think I heard they cloned Josh Freeman and named the clone Jamis Winston.  So now there is going to be 2 Josh Freeman's in the NFL!?!  Great  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 pm

I thought Josh Freeman was the first Johnny Manziel

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 am

I though Freeman died last offseason. Was he on a team?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:21 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:
I though Freeman died last offseason.  Was he on a team?

No he wasn't on a team last year. He was actually in a test facility that does cloning. The first successful cloning was a guy they named Johnny Manziel and I guess they have been hard at this past year to make a guy that will go by Jamis Winston.

The real Jamis Winston and Johnny Manziel were killed off, by the government and NFL, and these clones of Josh Freeman are the replacements for them. mock

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 am

The conspiracy theory. Thats getting pretty deep...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Freeman QB FA   

Back to top Go down

Josh Freeman QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: