HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Vince Young QB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Vince Young QB FA   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:20 am

Quote :
Young was cut by the Packers on Saturday, USA Today reports. Analysis: Young appeared to be on track to claim the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers following last week's release of Graham Harrell, but after a mistake-prone preseason finale in which he fumbled twice, the Packers apparently weren't confident he could capably run their playbook. Young's release leaves B.J. Coleman as the only remaining quarterback other than Rodgers, but expect the Packers to poach a player cut by another team to beef up their depth at the position.
He didn't look great out there but he didn't look bad either. Buffalo should really give him a ring.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Young was cut by the Packers on Saturday, USA Today reports. Analysis: Young appeared to be on track to claim the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers following last week's release of Graham Harrell, but after a mistake-prone preseason finale in which he fumbled twice, the Packers apparently weren't confident he could capably run their playbook. Young's release leaves B.J. Coleman as the only remaining quarterback other than Rodgers, but expect the Packers to poach a player cut by another team to beef up their depth at the position.
He didn't look great out there but he didn't look bad either.  Buffalo should really give him a ring.
THis would not surprise me. Cant even name their starter next week...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Quote :
Vince Young will attempt a comeback next month at the veteran combine. Analysis: After filing for bankruptcy a year ago, Young's "comeback" is more of a thinly-veiled cash grab. Despite a disappointing career, Young was Rookie of the Year in 2006 and has been to two Pro Bowls. At age 31, he'll be hard-pressed to find a backup job. Young lasted just 11 days on the Browns' roster last spring.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Vince Young will attempt a comeback next month at the veteran combine. Analysis: After filing for bankruptcy a year ago, Young's "comeback" is more of a thinly-veiled cash grab. Despite a disappointing career, Young was Rookie of the Year in 2006 and has been to two Pro Bowls. At age 31, he'll be hard-pressed to find a backup job. Young lasted just 11 days on the Browns' roster last spring.

Two things stand out about Vince and his job hunting the past few years.

1) Lasted only 11 days with the Browns, yes the Browns. When you can't land a job with Cleveland right now you got to know you are in full suck mode.

2) Lasted just over 3 months May till August in 2012 with the Bills. A team that has used Fitzpatrick in 2012. Fitzpatrick, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel in 2013. EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton in 2014. The Bills are apparently courting Josh McCown to pair with Manuel in '15. When this group is getting work and you ain't, that may be a sign that you are done.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:26 pm

I agree 110% Todd BUT, at the same time, if he can impress people at this thing there are going to be some teams that absolutely give him a look just because of what shitty situations they're in.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 pm

I concur. I said it last week in a post regarding the Houston Texans. I would say currently there are no more and quiet likely less than 26 actual starting caliber QB's within the NFL. There could be a few as 20 to 22. This is why I kinda laugh when people shit on the likes of Bradford, Cutler, Alex Smith etc... Those middle of the road guys that are in the 12 to 20 range on any given year. Sure they are not the greatest, but compared to the cannon fodder guys like Fitzpatrick, McCown, Sanchez, Hoyer they might not be pure gold, but they are at least gold plated. The problem and misconceptions come into play when guys like Smith, Bradford, Cutler, and Flacco are all basically making the same if not more money than the big 4 to 6 that have ruled the roost for the past decade. The Brady, Mannings, Brees, and Rodgers types. Wait till Luck busts the bank and top 25M per year soon. I have never liked how the mediocre and scrub types go up in pay because the top guys go up in pay. But pay vs performance is how most of us look at these guys. If Smith, Bradford, Cutler, and Flacco were making a more modest 10M per year fans and the general masses would not be calling for there heads so much.

Anyway, I digress. If Young can show something at this off season unemployed vet work out thingy I'm sure some GM and coach will convince themselves they can fix Vince and make him the player he was suppose to be. He will get a quick pay day, show for some off season work and practices in camp, and then get cut. He simply is not that good. If he is lucky he may some how hang onto a 2nd more likely 3rd string job with some team although I would not bet on it.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Well there's nothing left to discuss here, Todd just said it all. A+ post.

As much as people will shit on Smith, Bradford, Cutler, Palmer, Eli, or any other middle-of-the-road or aging QB who the fuck do you suggest that you replace them with? Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. There's a reason that Johnny Fucking Football went in the 1st round. It's because teams are desperate. They're desperate for that "guy" that can lead the team for 10+ years. When you're desperate, when you reach, that's when you end up with Christian Ponder, E.J. Manuel, Geno Smith, etc.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Exactly like the Colts did......

Manning, then a little bit of Luck

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 am

I can't stop laughing thinking about Vince Young trying to make a comeback ROTFLMAO rofl ROTFLMAO rofl

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Exactly like the Colts did......

Manning, then a little bit of Luck throwing games.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:53 am

At best he gets a back up job, and if you are that team, begin worrying.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young QB FA   

Back to top Go down

Vince Young QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: