:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Rob Housler TE CLE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Rob Housler TE CLE   Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians revealed Monday that Rob Housler has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
If it's a high ankle sprain of even normal severity, Housler will definitely miss next week's season opener and could be out quite a bit longer than that. Housler suffered the injury in Arizona's third preseason game. Already behind Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and Andre Roberts in the competition for Cardinals targets, Housler isn't worth a pick in standard fantasy drafts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Got him in another league. Hope he gets healthy, so Check-down-Palmer can throw him the ball 100 times....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Quote :
I'd say it's likely the Cardinals will carry four tight ends on the 53-man roster, but will the fourth be Robert Housler? That all depends on how he plays during training camp. I think he's sitting at No. 4 right now behind John Carlson, Jake Ballard and rookie Troy Niklas.
Analysis: Housler isn't exactly a good fit for Bruce Arians' scheme. The tight end isn't a high-catch, high yardage position in this offense. Housler led all Cardinal tight ends last season with 39 receptions and 454 yards. For now, Carlson would be considered the be fantasy option of the bunch but there are much better TE2's with upside to choose from.

Sheesh. How fast he fell.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Two Housler posts in 24 hours. It must be July.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:36 am

Is Arian's scheme really that bad for TE's? It didn't seem to be a couple of years ago when Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener were rookies... Oh well, Housler's window is closing fast, many thought he had potential but he hasn't been able to produce when given the opportunity, so next man up... such is life in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:54 am

The way I see it, you would an idiot to keep Jimmy Graham off the field as a coach so what is Housler doing that the coaching staff hasn't directed a great deal of attention to him? Something must be missing.

I do think maybe a change in team could result in more of a chance though. As long as he is a Cardinal he is worthless.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Is Arian's scheme really that bad for TE's?   It didn't seem to be a couple of years ago when Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener were rookies...   Oh well,  Housler's window is closing fast,   many thought he had potential but he hasn't been able to produce when given the opportunity,   so next man up...  such is life in the NFL...

maybe it wasnt HIS playbook they were using

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Is Arian's scheme really that bad for TE's?   It didn't seem to be a couple of years ago when Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener were rookies...   Oh well,  Housler's window is closing fast,   many thought he had potential but he hasn't been able to produce when given the opportunity,   so next man up...  such is life in the NFL...

maybe it wasnt HIS playbook they were using

I believe it was Arian's playbook as he was the OC and interim head coach that year. Anyhow, I don't think Arian's scheme is TE unfriendly per se, but you do have to able to block to stay on the field full time... That is why Dwayne Allen was successful in that scheme, he is a really good blocker and receiver...

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Visited the Falcons today.

I don't believe in Santa Claus but I do believe in miracles. Please little baby Jesus make this happen. pray

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Quote :
Browns signed TE Rob Housler to a one-year contract. Analysis: It's a nice low-risk, high-upside addition for a team looking to replace Jordan Cameron with some weaponry. Back at the 2011 Combine, Housler ran 4.55 with a 37-inch vertical at 6'5/248. He's been limited to 105 catches in the four years since and struggled badly with drops in 2013, but he was a terrible fit in Bruce Arians' TE-unfriendly scheme. Housler will have a much larger opportunity to capitalize on his athletic skill set in Cleveland, where there's no pass-catching tight end in front of him. He's been called a wideout in a tight end's body.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Rough. Know there are fans of this guy but going from Arizona to Cleveland means more of the same....

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:12 pm

He shouldn't have much competition for targets. Cameron had 48 targets in between concussions last year. Dray and Barnidge combined for 52. Fingers crossed on this one.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:30 pm

the biggest problem in ARZ was the scheme, CLE is a better situation as far as the fit goes, but of course, the problem there is QB... so while this could be good for Houslers production, we'll have to wait and see...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 pm

:yawn:

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:52 am

Housler had good press when he first started in the NFL. I am hopeful he can be a TE2 type. Fill in for injuries as a flex if I own him. Anything more would be a bonus.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm not sold on Housler.. Great players find a way to make plays... Hell, even above average players find a way to be a difference maker. He has the skill or at least had the skill so I guess we'll see if it was just the Arizona system or if he just isn't a playmaker.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Quote :
Housler had interest from multiple teams, but reportedly signed with Cleveland "because of the opportunities he expects" in new OC John DeFilippo’s scheme. The Browns plan to use Housler in a Jordan Cameron role, featuring him as a vertical threat in the middle of the field. With only Dwayne Bowe and Brian Hartline ahead of him for targets, Housler has potential to emerge as one of the Browns' top pass-catching options.

Bowe and Hartline as competition. confused He going to get his chance.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Well those two are just a few more underachievers.... Or maybe not....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
I'm not sold on Housler..  Great players find a way to make plays...  Hell, even above average players find a way to be a difference maker.  He has the skill or at least had the skill so I guess we'll see if it was just the Arizona system or if he just isn't a playmaker.

This is true.......great players play.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:50 pm

You have to do more then just play.... you have to make plays and week in week out not just every 4 games or so.....

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Browns, Browns, Browns.......This is the best you can do???? no no doh doh

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:07 am

He might do well with Manzel at QB :o

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Remember when our league champ was convinced this guy was a stud..

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:58 pm

I thought he was going to be big also when he came out and drafted him in most leagues.  Big big bust...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Housler TE CLE   

Back to top Go down

Rob Housler TE CLE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: