Share | 

Kenny Stills WR MIA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Quote :
Stills caught two passes for 54 yards and one touchdown during the Saints' 31-23 win over the Texans during Sunday's preseason game. Analysis: If he didn't already have the number three wide receiver job in-hand entering this game, he certainly owns it now. He blew past Kareem Jackson down the sideline and caught a 40-yard pass and quickly followed it up with a 14-yard touchdown catch after he put a nice move on Johnathan Joseph to break coverage. He now has seven catches for 140 yards and two touchdowns during the preseason and could be worth a late-round flier in deeper leagues.
Might be something to see here.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 am

Drafted him in my other dynasty league...I'd be pretty stoked if he sticks as the WR3 in New Orleans.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah, grabbed him in a few leagues. WR3 in NO actually means something IMHO.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 am

Toon wasn't even mentioned in that article.. I thought it was going to be Toon as the WR3 in NO.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am

Kenny Stills is one of the rookie WRs that I really liked who was a bit under the radar... I tried to take a flier on wherever I could, because you could get him late so there is virtually no risk, only upside... I got him at 5.12 in the DD rookie draft. I think I could have got him even later, but I didn't want to risk missing out. Pretty happy (and a bit surprised) with how well he seems to be adapting to the pro game!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Kenny Stills continues to solidify his place in the Saints offense and show his knack for making big plays with his speed and ability to adjust to the ball in the air... Like how this guy plays the game...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 am

Did you realise that his name is an anagram of stinky fuckwad?

That's how that play made me feel as it will probably cost me a win in another league. Tool.

Mad 

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 am

Stills was underwhelming at Oklahoma. It was like he was expected to be a stud and every year he failed to turn the corner. I am interested to see if he builds on his limited success this year in 2014. Colston looks older every minute. There is an opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Quote :
The Saints are "very comfortable" with Kenny Stills as their No. 2 receiver. Analysis: With New Orleans moving on from Darren Sproles and Lance Moore, Stills is going to take on a larger role this year. He's a lock to better his 32/641/5 line from 2013, but could continue to see inconsistent targets as the Saints' primary deep threat. ESPN's Mike Triplett would take the "under" on a 1,000-yard season for Stills.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:00 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
The Saints are "very comfortable" with Kenny Stills as their No. 2 receiver. Analysis: With New Orleans moving on from Darren Sproles and Lance Moore, Stills is going to take on a larger role this year. He's a lock to better his 32/641/5 line from 2013, but could continue to see inconsistent targets as the Saints' primary deep threat. ESPN's Mike Triplett would take the "under" on a 1,000-yard season for Stills.

mario banana 

I think we will see a lot of Toon as well with Colston another year older and no Moore or Sproles eating up targets...  I think Morgan might play the situational deep threat role,  Stills is not just a 9 route guy, he can be a #2 and in that role and I could see him with 1000+ yards receiving barring injury.  

Of course,  it remains to be seen how this new look Saints offense is going to be run,    Without Sproles and with less receivers,   it sure looks like they are going be much more straight forward and balanced with the running game.   Overall,  I would exprect Brees stats to decline somewhat along with the recievers.    I think they may have realized the value of an offense that can possess the ball and burn more clock to keep their defense fresher.  It will be interesting to see what happens...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am

I think the #1 wr for the Saints in 2015 is not on the team yet. Their #2 receiving option was an undrafted free agent. They will find some one or some ones in this very deep wr draft. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints drafted two

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I think the #1 wr for the Saints in 2015 is not on the team yet. Their #2 receiving option was an undrafted free agent. They will find some one or some ones in this very deep wr draft. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints drafted two

Spot on.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Spot on.

Maybe, but, they obviously like Stills. If he can get his route running down, he will be OK. He may never be the #1 guy, but think he can solidify the #2 spot this year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:42 am

Are you stating that Stills was an undrafted free agent?... not sure, but if you were that would be incorrect, as Stills was drafted in the 5th and he does seem to have a firm grasp on the #2 WR spot for the Saints this year... Nobody is saying he will be the #1... and it is obvious that they will add at least one WR in the draft this year as they have a real need there after letting Moore go and due to the fact that Colston may never be 100% healthy again. After Colston and Stills you have Toon who could still play a major role depending on Colston's health (and his own), but after that you have a buch of crap with Givens, Tanner, Morgan and Hawkins, none of those guys are anything more than depth or role players at best.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Expect any thing out of joe morgan? He resigned didnt he?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Most depth charts I have seen have Morgan as the 5th receiver or later... He is fast, but he is little more than depth and a guy that can pretty much only run deep routes. Honestly the only thing I expect from Morgan is that he will get hurt again...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

The #2 receiving option for the Saints was and is Colston, who was an undrafted free agent. This draft is good enough at that position that a 3rd day option like say Josh Huff will be better for the team than Stills

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Are you stating that Stills was an undrafted free agent?...   not sure,  but if you were that would be incorrect,  as Stills was drafted in the 5th and he does seem to have a firm grasp on the #2 WR spot for the Saints this year...    Nobody is saying he will be the #1...  and it is obvious that they will add at least one WR in the draft this year as they have a real need there after letting Moore go and due to the fact that Colston may never be 100% healthy again.    After Colston and Stills you have Toon who could still play a major role depending on Colston's health (and his own),   but after that you have a buch of crap with Givens,  Tanner,  Morgan and Hawkins,  none of those guys are anything more than depth or role players at best.  

I bought into Toon two years ago. I'm curious why he didn't see many snaps last year. It was pretty obvious that the Saints like Stills better. I really believe Stills will lock into that WR2 spot for a while.

That said, Jason is right, IMO, about their #1. I think he does come from this years draft, as Chris said, they will need a replacement for Colston in the near future.

That being said, we can also say the same thing about Brees. It will be interesting, to me, to see how he does this year.

So do they go after a WR1, or, do they get a backup/replacement for Brees? They don't pick until 27th. I know quality WR's should be there, not sure about QB's. Will depend on what some of these teams do at QB earlier in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:25 pm

The #2 receiving option for the Saints was and is Colston, who was an undrafted free agent. This draft is good enough at that position that a 3rd day option like say Josh Huff will be better for the team than Stills

Yeah, sorry, can't agree here. Stills is better than that, I think. It will all be about his route running. His speed and ability to fight for contested passes shined last year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Yeah, sorry, can't agree here. Stills is better than that, I think. It will all be about his route running. His speed and ability to fight for contested passes shined last year.

First off, Colston was not undrafted... he was a 7th round pick... Second, Stills is much better than Jason thinks he is, and obviously the Saints agree, everything coming out of NO this offseason suggests that Stills will get a bigger role and that the Saints are comfortable with him taking that role... His route running is not terrible, though it does need some work, but as Bob mentioned he was really good coming down with contested balls, and his speed got him open for alot of nice gains... he is more than capable of developing into a solid primary target, not a WR1 but certainly a solid WR2.

Now, there is no question the Saints need to draft at least one WR, they are thin at that position... but the assumption that anybody they pick up, even on the 3rd day, is going to immediately be better than Stills is just laughable...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Kenny Stills just seems like another guy IMO...they have done similar with Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper and various other guys. I am not buying it and believe that Stills owners are going to be disappointed in 2014.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Kenny Stills just seems like another guy IMO...they have done similar with Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper and various other guys.  I am not buying it and believe that Stills owners are going to be disappointed in 2014.

agreed

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Kenny Stills just seems like another guy IMO...they have done similar with Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper and various other guys.  I am not buying it and believe that Stills owners are going to be disappointed in 2014.

agreed

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)The NFL's best QB rating when throwing to a single wide receiver last season was Drew Brees to Kenny Stills (139.3).

Analysis: Don't underestimate Stills' rookie season just because he only had 32 catches. He dropped just one pass on 51 targets, led the NFL in yards per catch (20.0) and turned five of his grabs into touchdowns. He was extremely efficient while also producing big plays, a surefire sign of chemistry. Now ticketed for a bigger role in the wake of Lance Moore's release, Stills carries plenty of upside into his second season.

I thought this was interesting, I know the opinions on Stills are all over the place and many here would just as soon write him off...

I drafted him last year because I like his speed and talent and I still do. But as we all know, without opportunity and some chemistry with the QB that can only carry you so far... I think the stats above show there is good chemistry between Stills and Brees, and it looks like Stills is going to have a bigger opportunity this year which really was the only thing that limited his numbers last season... I think some eyes are going to be opened this year...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:53 am

Quote :
Stills confirmed after Saturday's game that he aggravated the quad issue he's been dealing with throughout training camp, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Stills previously seemed to be headed in the right direction, but it's now fair to question whether he'll be ready for Week 1. If he isn't, it would presumably leave more snaps for Nick Toon and Brandin Cooks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Quote :
Stills (quadriceps) is probable for Sunday's game against Cleveland. Analysis: Although Still is a player well worth monitoring after his strong rookie season last year, it's not easy to see where he might make a reliable, predictable impact in the New Orleans offense. Jimmy Graham will always be well fed, and it looks like Brandin Cooks and Marques Colston both have prominent roles locked up already, too.

Not sure where Stills is left after how good Cooks looked last week.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Stills will be there. Just another good WR for Brees to distribute the ball too.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Quote :
Dolphins will get WR Kenny Stills, Saints get LB Dannell Ellerbe and Miami's third-rounder, per source.

Sorry Bob...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

This could be good for Stills, instead of being a rarely used third wheel in NO, he has a chance to be a #2 or integral #3 for the Dolphins with an up and coming QB...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 pm

This could be good for Stills,  instead of being a rarely used third wheel in NO,   he has a chance to be a #2 or integral #3  for the Dolphins with an up and coming QB...

Think Wallace and Landry and going to hamper him a bit. Tannehill also is nowhere near the QB that Brees is. I suppose he could carve himself out a roll but I'm not entirely convinced.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Tannehill is up and coming and Brees is older and in decline, I think that gap is narrowing quickly...

The biggest thin is I just didn't like the way the Saints used him, he was used inconsistently as a #3 or #4 deep option, at least until Cooks got hurt and they were forced to use him more, I though he responded well and proved he was more adept at running all the routes and wasn't just a deep threat...

I think even the #3 job in MIA is going to provide more consistent opportunities for Stills, and Wallace han't been that great there...no guarantees he is going to stay in MIA much longer, just a hunch...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Wonder if Wallace stays?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:52 pm

This could be good for Stills,  instead of being a rarely used third wheel in NO,   he has a chance to be a #2 or integral #3  for the Dolphins with an up and coming QB...

Think Wallace and Landry and going to hamper him a bit.  Tannehill also is nowhere near the QB that Brees is.  I suppose he could carve himself out a roll but I'm not entirely convinced.  

Don't forget about their new TE rock on

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I have no idea why the Saints would move Stills. He's young and relatively cheap - certainly no strain on the cap.

scratch

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:58 pm

England Dragons wrote:
I have no idea why the Saints would move Stills. He's young and relatively cheap - certainly no strain on the cap.

scratch  

They needed to find a way to replace Lofton Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:01 pm

England Dragons wrote:

scratch  

I think the Saints GM Loomis has been concused and is suffering  from Post Concussion Syndrome.

Moves Graham on the cheap
Moves Grubbs on the cheap
Moves Stills for okay value, but why are you moving him in the first place?

Between Ingram and CJ Spiller spending a good whack of bucks, why not just go and sign Murray who was the top F/A back and has a lil of what both these guys have in one package?

shrug

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Rumor has it that Brees didn't like Stills or Grubbs.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Interesting. If they are rebooting though, would they not have been better off - at least financially - trading Brees?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:06 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Interesting. If they are rebooting though, would they not have been better off - at least financially - trading Brees?

Really, what has he got left 2 maybe 3 years. Furthermore, the decline of Brees has started already. By the time they reboot and are up to snuff, he (Brees) will out to pasture. Weird plan, man.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I could totally see this. When ND played Oklahoma Stills was a cocky cuss the whole game. Throwing that chicken head bounce in the Ds face everytime he caught a ball or shoulda caught a ball.

Brees doesnt seem like the type that would tolerate that because I am sure it reflects into the locker room.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Stills looks a lot better after Wallace was run out of town.

Last edited by San Francisco Golddiggers on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Concur. I like Miami way better than NO now.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 am

Called it! I had a feeling that Wallace would be moving on... didn't think it would happen today, but I had a hunch it was coming....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:25 am

Stills isnt going to save the Dolphins, but maybe Landry will.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:52 am

Stills is a solid WR. I like where he's gone, will surprise people if Tanny can continue to develop.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 am

Quote :
According to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, the market for free agent Kenny Stills is "already in the $12 million-a-year" range.

It sounds absurd. Only six receivers around the entire league make $12 million-plus annually. With the salary cap only continuing to rise by the year, lower-tiered players are going to start making more. Stills had a career year in 2016 and is still really young, as he doesn't turn 25 until April. He's also more than just a deep threat. The Eagles are already said to be knocking down Stills' door preparing to make a run at him when free agency opens March 9. Salguero doesn't expect the Dolphins to come close to Stills' asking price.

This is really freaking funny to me. Dolphin fans, we have a couple here, tell us your thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
According to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, the market for free agent Kenny Stills is "already in the $12 million-a-year" range.

It sounds absurd. Only six receivers around the entire league make $12 million-plus annually. With the salary cap only continuing to rise by the year, lower-tiered players are going to start making more. Stills had a career year in 2016 and is still really young, as he doesn't turn 25 until April. He's also more than just a deep threat. The Eagles are already said to be knocking down Stills' door preparing to make a run at him when free agency opens March 9. Salguero doesn't expect the Dolphins to come close to Stills' asking price.

This is really freaking funny to me. Dolphin fans, we have a couple here, tell us your thoughts.
I'm not a Dolphins fan but I have a thought sick sick sick

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 am

Good for Stills! About time someone recognized he should be paid more than Antonio Brown!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Good for Stills!  About time someone recognized he should be paid more than Antonio Brown!

laughing Well when you put it that way, maybe he does deserve that money. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Good for Stills!  About time someone recognized he should be paid more than Antonio Brown!

I mean Stills only had 64 fewer catches, 558 fewer yards, and 3 fewer TDs in one more game this year. If Stills had Big Ben throwing him the ball, I am sure he would put up AB numbers. rofl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Stills WR MIA   

Back to top Go down

Kenny Stills WR MIA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: