:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Ryan Mallet QB HOU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:56 pm

This is just a PSA-type thing for everyone and their other leagues - I honestly don't know off the top of my head who has Mallet in RW.

This guy kinda blows. He doesn't look any better than he did last year. I have no idea why his name is circulated as a potential trade target for teams who need a starter. I'm worried about NE having him as their backup. I've heard speculation that the Mallet rumors were pushed by Mike Lombardi as a favor to Belichick, and that there was never any substance to it (you'll notice that once Lombardi actually had a GM job, they didn't make a move for Mallet).

It's just one pre-season game (this year) but I've rewatched the Pats/Eagles game for something I'm writing, and I can honestly say that he was not significantly better throwing the ball than, yes, Mr. Tim Tebow.

That is all. Mini-rant.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Still blows.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:07 am

Mallet is horrible. He gets props being Tom Brady's back up but he has never even had a good pre-season game. If Brady goes down, I can see Garoppolo getting the nod. The Pats should have traded Mallet when they had the chance...greedy bastards.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 pm

Texans acquired QB Ryan Mallett from the Patriots in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2016.

The "compensation" is as close to nothing as the Texans could have sent. Seemingly on the block since the day he arrived in New England in 2011, Mallett has been heavily connected to the Texans since they named former Pats OC Bill O'Brien head coach. Mallett adds more depth to the Texans' uninspiring trio of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum and Tom Savage, but isn't an obvious upgrade. His acquisition should mean Keenum is sent packing. Despite his inexplicable name recognition, we wouldn't count on Mallett starting any games. He's attempted only four regular-season passes, and has never stood out in exhibition action.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:01 pm

I think the Texans are a bit desperate after a woeful offseason where they acquired a worthless retread in Fitzpatrick and drafted an absolute longshot with Tom Savage... Not only did they do nothing to improve their QB group, they may have taken a step back from 2013, and Mallet doesn't really move the needle any further in the right direction...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallet QB HOU   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Mallet QB HOU
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: