HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Donald Jones WR RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Donald Jones WR RET   Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 am

Quote :
Former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Donald Jones announced his retirement on Wednesday. Jones, only 25, is retiring because of kidney disease.

Jones made the retirement announcement on Twitter with this statement.

"As some of you may know, I have been suffering from a kidney disease throughout my entire life," Jones wrote. "As a result of recent advances in my disease, I am no longer able to pursue my career in the National Football League. Playing in the NFL was a lifelong dream of mine, and though I have the opportunity to continue my career, stepping away from the game is absolute best decision for my family and for my health. While it will be difficult, I am comforted by the love and support of my family, friends and doctors."

The 25-year-old became a free agent after the 2012 season and ended up signing with the Patriots in March. New England cut Jones in July and it was during a tryout after that where Jones realized how serious his condition was.

During a stress test with the Colts that involved running on a treadmill, Jones' blood pressure reached 250 over 110, according to FoxSports.com. To put that in perspective, the high-end of a normal blood pressure would be 120 over 80, according to Heart.org.

Jones originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Bills in 2010 and spent three seasons with the team. Over that three-year span, Jones caught 82 passes for 887 yards and six touchdowns. Jones' 443 receiving yards in 2012 ranked fourth on the team.
AE knows how to pick 'em.

Back to top Go down

Donald Jones WR RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: