x

Share | 

Cleveland Browns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am

(KFFL) The Cleveland Browns are targeting Brad Childress for their offensive coordinator position. The Browns had narrowed their search to Childress and Mike Sherman, but Sherman is close to becoming the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins. That leaves the Browns with Childress, who would become the first offensive coordinator under head coach Pat Shurmur. The hiring could happen in a few days.

Just when you thought the Browns couldn't suck any more.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:18 pm

You gotta love the NFL coaching retreads... very few success stories with them.
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Bad move - what's wrong with fresh faces anyway? The Browns must really not want to succeed. Heck maybe they're just playing for Matt Barkley already. Agree with SFGD coaching retreads...blah! I feel sorry for Cleveland fans.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Hmmmmmm, can anyone say.......Josh McDaniels?????? rofl rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Look out for the swing pass to the back-up fullback for a two yard loss....the staple of the Childress offense....especially on short yardage plays...when Adrian Peterson is your running back....

Also, when it's third and long, make sure every receiving option runs 2-3 yards short of the first down marker, and hope they break that immediate tackle to get the first down....

Also, make sure you only have 11 players on the field....
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hmmmmmm, can anyone say.......Josh McDaniels?????? rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bob's just jealous because McD drafted his bff Tim Tebow.

McD wasn't ready for the top job. He never should've left NE in the first place. He's also lucky BB took him back. I wouldn't have especially during the playoffs. If NE wins does he deserve a ring too - assclown move all around IMO.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826ce4c2/article/holmgren-says-oc-childress-is-an-outstanding-coach

Quote :
The Cleveland Browns haven't exactly been "The Greatest Show on Turf" incarnate since they were brought back into existence back in 1999.

The Browns have failed to field even a middle-tier offense this century aside from a one-year aberration in 2007 when they ranked No. 8 in the NFL in scoring, and fixing the offense was one of Mike Holmgren's top priorities when he took over as team president late in the 2009 season. Holmgren hasn't seen much improvement in the two years since, but he told WKNR-AM on Wednesday he believes newly hired offensive coordinator Brad Childress is the right guy to bring excitement back into the Browns' offense.
Wyche: A fond farewell to 2011
With another season in the books, Steve Wyche reviews 11 things from the 2011 campaign that we may never witness again.
More ...

"Brad's an outstanding coach," Holmgren said via The Plain Dealer.

"I've known him a long time. When I first met him, I had just arrived in Green Bay and Brad was on the staff at the University of Wisconsin with Barry Alvarez and he had been friends with (Eagles coach) Andy Reid and so we knew some people and became pretty close. So that's about 20 years ago. (We had a) connection over the years because he worked for Andy in Philadelphia and Andy and I are very close.

"I thought he did a really great job in Minnesota in an unusual set of circumstances at the end. He came close to going to the Super Bowl. He's an excellent football coach, a very bright guy, knows how to coach quarterbacks. He's a tough guy, he demands a lot and I think it was a great hire for Pat (Shurmur)."

The Browns' offense this past season ranked 30th in scoring and 29th in yards as the team endured a slew of injuries and ineffective play from quarterbacks Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace.

McCoy missed the final three games of the season after sustaining a concussion on a brutal hit by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and Holmgren said the second-year quarterback no longer is feeling the effects of the hit.

"He passed all of his tests," Holmgren said. "He's feeling fine and he has no residual effects from the play."

When it rains it pours. Browns are so screwed.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826ce4c2/article/holmgren-says-oc-childress-is-an-outstanding-coach

Quote :
The Cleveland Browns haven't exactly been "The Greatest Show on Turf" incarnate since they were brought back into existence back in 1999.

The Browns have failed to field even a middle-tier offense this century aside from a one-year aberration in 2007 when they ranked No. 8 in the NFL in scoring, and fixing the offense was one of Mike Holmgren's top priorities when he took over as team president late in the 2009 season. Holmgren hasn't seen much improvement in the two years since, but he told WKNR-AM on Wednesday he believes newly hired offensive coordinator Brad Childress is the right guy to bring excitement back into the Browns' offense.
Wyche: A fond farewell to 2011
With another season in the books, Steve Wyche reviews 11 things from the 2011 campaign that we may never witness again.
More ...

"Brad's an outstanding coach," Holmgren said via The Plain Dealer.

"I've known him a long time. When I first met him, I had just arrived in Green Bay and Brad was on the staff at the University of Wisconsin with Barry Alvarez and he had been friends with (Eagles coach) Andy Reid and so we knew some people and became pretty close. So that's about 20 years ago. (We had a) connection over the years because he worked for Andy in Philadelphia and Andy and I are very close.

"I thought he did a really great job in Minnesota in an unusual set of circumstances at the end. He came close to going to the Super Bowl. He's an excellent football coach, a very bright guy, knows how to coach quarterbacks. He's a tough guy, he demands a lot and I think it was a great hire for Pat (Shurmur)."

The Browns' offense this past season ranked 30th in scoring and 29th in yards as the team endured a slew of injuries and ineffective play from quarterbacks Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace.

McCoy missed the final three games of the season after sustaining a concussion on a brutal hit by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and Holmgren said the second-year quarterback no longer is feeling the effects of the hit.

"He passed all of his tests," Holmgren said. "He's feeling fine and he has no residual effects from the play."

When it rains it pours. Browns are so screwed.

RG3 has to be hoping the 'Skins trade up for him.......................
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

He's not the only one...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Whatever dude, you saw the way Chili coached up T-Jack! The Browns gotta be chomping at the bit for some of that magic!! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:12 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275ff73/article/browns-redskins-reportedly-have-limits-in-rg3-chase?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote :
By Dan Hanzus NFL.com
Published: March 4, 2012 at 03:48 p.m.
Updated: March 4, 2012 at 05:04 p.m.

Popular thinking has the Browns and Redskins as the favorites to trade up for the Rams' No. 2 overall pick and land Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III in next month's draft.

There isn't much mystery there, but there is intrigue as we learn what each team is willing to give up to take the dynamic Heisman Trophy winner.

Citing league sources, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Sunday that the Browns are against a deal that would include their second first-round pick as part of a package to move up to No. 2.

The Browns have the fourth pick, and they acquired the Falcons' 2012 first-round selection (No. 22 overall) last year in a trade that helped Atlanta secure wide receiver Julio Jones.

The Redskins appear willing to trade their 2013 first-round pick, as well as their No. 6 overall choice this year. But they aren't willing to include this year's second-round selection, which The Post-Dispatch says "isn't acceptable to the Rams."

Does it seem odd to anyone else that two franchises starving for a potential franchise quarterback would miss the opportunity to land RG3 over bargaining principles?

Perhaps it's just a standoff, with one team waiting for the other to blink. Or maybe a mystery team will seize on this opportunity of shared hesitance to swoop in.

Either way, the Rams are sitting pretty, looking forward to the draft the way a child pines for Christmas.

So the bidding war begins. Will someone else come out of the pack and make an offer? Maybe Miami or KC?

I wonder if the Browns will risk staying put at #4 and the 'Skins hold off for Tannehill.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:01 pm

can't wait til the draft...I really get tired of the nonstop speculation train...its fun for a day then annoying for 2 months
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:36 am

I can't believe after years of sitting with the #2 pick for the Lions and NO ONE ever wanting to trade up for it, that it's now - when teams want to trade for it like crazy that the Lions aren't in the Top 5. I mean, I'm good with that :) But, geesh, why couldn't we have had this rookie salary cap a few years back

Back on topic, I think the Browns are the ones to trade up. I believe the Rams will probably trade down twice. If Blackmon had shown crazy skills at the combine or at his pro day (still to come), then maybe they stay at 4. But, if he doesnt', I think the Rams think there are a number of WRs in the same tier. Heck, maybe they are trading down to land Claiborne and not a WR at all since they probably coudl get a good Wr in the 2nd.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 pm

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/arrington-redskins-chances-of-landing-rg3-improve-browns-set-on-matt-flynn/

Arrington: Redskins Chances Of Landing RG3 Improve, Browns Set On Matt Flynn

Quote :
Numerous sources told LaVar Arrington that was the direction the Browns were headed this week.

“It seems to be a foregone conclusion that the Cleveland Browns are going to go get Matt Flynn,” he said. “If that’s the case, and it seemed to be kind of confirmed by the people that I discussed it with, which are very, very in my opinion very credible sources. Unless somebody swoops in and steals that free agent away from the Browns, it appears that the Browns are going to make a strong play to go get him.

“They’re going to use their draft pick on [Alabama running back Trent] Richardson.”

Who knows if it carries any weight, but figured I'd post. Man, everyone with their 'sources,' I miss when news meant it was true

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I don't fancy RGIII in Washington at all. Nor do I like Trent on the Browns. Blagh.

Back to top Go down
DownUnder Mayhem!

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:58 am

If the Browns do go after Flynn, then surely give him a target. No 4 pick should be Blackmon.

DownUnder Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:08 am

If Manning doesn't go to MIA, there's going to be a serious bidding war for Flynn between MIA and CLE.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Am I missing something? WTH are the Browns planning to do at QB?

They're not in on Manning.

Reports are they have not pursued Flynn.

They did not pull the trigger to get RGIII.

Are they big Ryan Tannehill fans or what?

If not, who do they take at 4? Blackmon?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

If they're not Tannehill fans then they're idiots. Maybe they go for Henne? I really don't know what they're planning...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
If they're not Tannehill fans then they're idiots. Maybe they go for Henne? I really don't know what they're planning...

Is he really an upgrade? If they don't get Flynn I would think they just draft Blackmon or Richardson, get some better skill positions guys and try and help McCoy for another year. But man...not good, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Is he really an upgrade? If they don't get Flynn I would think they just draft Blackmon or Richardson, get some better skill positions guys and try and help McCoy for another year. But man...not good, lol.

Anything is an upgrade over McCoy IMO. They desperately need to find a franchise QB and build around him. That or tank this year to pick up Barkley next year?
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Am I missing something? WTH are the Browns planning to do at QB?
Matt Barkley in 2013???
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Quote :
The Minnesota Vikings have traded the No. 3 pick to the Cleveland Browns for three picks in the 2012 NFL Draft, according to Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer.

The Browns must have known another team would move up to grab Trent. I'm still not sure that I would have made that move though. CRAZY! Nice to see the Vikings doing something right though!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Quote :
The Minnesota Vikings have traded the No. 3 pick to the Cleveland Browns for three picks in the 2012 NFL Draft, according to Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer.

The Browns must have known another team would move up to grab Trent. I'm still not sure that I would have made that move though. CRAZY! Nice to see the Vikings doing something right though!

Vikings move from #3 to #4

and get a 4th round, a 5th round and 7th round pick for it. Cool

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:38 pm

I would guess Tampa was trying to move up to get Richardson

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
I would guess Tampa was trying to move up to get Richardson

that was the rumor. Good on Cleveland for going after their guy cheers

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Weeden at 22 - thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Good on Cleveland for going after their guy cheers
I think they almost had to...after missing out on RGIII....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Weeden at 22 - thoughts?

Bit of a reach. Don't really see any other team taking or even considering him before the Brown's second pick.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 am

Yeah its pretty interesting for the rest of the QBs as there are a whole lot of trully desperate for QB teams right now. I guess the difference for Weeden was his market was smaller since he can't really sit for 3 years till he is 31!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 am

I guess the only thing you can say for them is there will likely be several WRs left for their 2nd rounder but not sure if any of them are a true #1...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I guess the only thing you can say for them is there will likely be several WRs left for their 2nd rounder but not sure if any of them are a true #1...

I don't know about that there's several really good WR's left on the board especially Hill whom I'm very high on.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 am

I liked what the Browns did with the trade up for Richardson and maybe a reach for Weeden. The fact is the Browns suck ass and they always seem to be afraid to take some chances on some players. I think they got their ace in Richardson and Weeden could pay off as a starter as well. Colt McCoy or Wallace wasn't the answer, so reaching for Weeden was a smart move in my opinion. Weeden starts when he is 28 and if they would have went Tannehill he would have sit for 2 years and been like 26 by the time he started. Weeden's age is not that big of a deal in my opinion. QB's are playing into their late 30's now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
I liked what the Browns did with the trade up for Richardson and maybe a reach for Weeden. The fact is the Browns suck ass and they always seem to be afraid to take some chances on some players. I think they got their ace in Richardson and Weeden could pay off as a starter as well. Colt McCoy or Wallace wasn't the answer, so reaching for Weeden was a smart move in my opinion. Weeden starts when he is 28 and if they would have went Tannehill he would have sit for 2 years and been like 26 by the time he started. Weeden's age is not that big of a deal in my opinion. QB's are playing into their late 30's now.

I absolutely agree that age isn't an issue. I just don't see any other team taking him before the Browns in the second so why bother?

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:43 am

if he is your guy why not lock him up? They can then worry about getting their WR in the 2nd. After Weeden there was no other option at QB for someone that could come in and start right away. The Browns finally made some bold moves, and I applaud that

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
if he is your guy why not lock him up? They can then worry about getting their WR in the 2nd. After Weeden there was no other option at QB for someone that could come in and start right away. The Browns finally made some bold moves, and I applaud that

Because there really was no team looking for a QB untill maybe KC in the mid-2nd.
Look down the list of teams starting with pick #23 (when the browns were on the clock)
Lions, steelers, broncos, texans, patriots, packers, ravens, niners, patriots, giants - all no even broncos since Weeden to old to sit behind Manning
Then 2nd round
Rams, Colts clearly no then back to BROWNS
After that
Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Jags, Dolphins, Panthers - all clearly no

The maybe Bills or KC but they would have to trade up to get the guy ahead of the Browns 2nd rounder in order to get an older QB whose ceiling is prob the same as their current guys

That's why Weeden at 22 seems unnecessary

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:00 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

Because there really was no team looking for a QB untill maybe KC in the mid-2nd.
Look down the list of teams starting with pick #23 (when the browns were on the clock)
Lions, steelers, broncos, texans, patriots, packers, ravens, niners, patriots, giants - all no even broncos since Weeden to old to sit behind Manning
Then 2nd round
Rams, Colts clearly no then back to BROWNS
After that
Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Jags, Dolphins, Panthers - all clearly no

The maybe Bills or KC but they would have to trade up to get the guy ahead of the Browns 2nd rounder in order to get an older QB whose ceiling is prob the same as their current guys

That's why Weeden at 22 seems unnecessary

It does but hell then again I thought the Giants had Martin locked up at 32 and then TB trades up right in front of them to steal him. Bastards. I guess if you know the man you want you don't take chances.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am

I still like Cleveland's boldness in the pick

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 pm

I like any team having the balls to go get their guy. Its how I operate in fantasy too. Fuck waiting for shit to come to you.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I like any team having the balls to go get their guy. Its how I operate in fantasy too. Fuck waiting for shit to come to you.

100% agree with you Andy. Shows the player you believe in them as well

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

I couldn't agree more, James. I think it will be something else if they can get Stephen Hill at #37. That would be pretty crazy to get a top QB, RB and WR all within the first 40 picks of the draft.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

I couldn't agree more, James. I think it will be something else if they can get Stephen Hill at #37. That would be pretty crazy to get a top QB, RB and WR all within the first 40 picks of the draft.

Please no dont even say that. I have high hopes for Hill and Cleveland is not a good landing spot for him... hairout

Name the last stud WR to wear a browns uni eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Crazy at how many people are so high on Hill, I think he is a tad overrated myself but I will wait and see where his landing spot is. I prefer Randle or Jeffery, or Sanu

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Crazy at how many people are so high on Hill, I think he is a tad overrated myself but I will wait and see where his landing spot is. I prefer Randle or Jeffery, or Sanu

I think Hill would be a better match with Little then those 3. I would rather have Givens over any of them, but the Browns could use someone of Hills nature.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Hill blew me away with his effort at the combine. I think there's a ton of untapped potential there. Maybe I'll be wrong but I'm high on him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks

Round 1: RB Trent Richardson (Alabama), QB Brandon Weeden (Oklahoma State)

Round 2: OT Mitchell Schwartz (California)

Round 3: DT John Hughes (Cincinnati)

Round 4: WR Travis Benjamin (Miami, FL), ILB James-Michael Johnson (Nevada)

Round 5: OG Ryan Miller (Colorado)

Round 6: OLB Emmanuel Acho (Texas), DE Billy Winn (Boise State)

Round 7: CB Trevin Wade (Arizona), TE Brad Smelley (Alabama)

Grade: B

Summary

The selection of Trent Richardson—even trading up to get him—was one of the best of the draft. The selection of Brandon Weeden? Not so much. Especially in Round 1.

Weeden is a good quarterback prospect, but he's 28 years old and will turn 29 in October. He's the oldest player drafted in the first round since the NFL-AFL merger. Cleveland could have sat on him until Round 2. Mitchell Schwartz was a great pick—he's a day-one starter at right tackle—but the John Hughes selection was another major head-scratcher.

I loved the move to trade up and get Trent but like I said I think they could have held off on Weeden until the second.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I think they are back to looking for a QB and WR help next year...

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Rotoworld

Quote :
Browns DT Phil Taylor is undergoing an MRI for a possible torn pectoral muscle.

Taylor's agent confirmed the original report from Fox 8 Cleveland's John Telich. Last year's first-round pick, Taylor suffered the injury while lifting weights in Berea on Thursday. If the MRI comes back positive, Taylor could be lost for the 2012 season. The Browns' run defense was bad enough as it was.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Rotoworld

Quote :
Browns DT Phil Taylor is undergoing an MRI for a possible torn pectoral muscle.

Taylor's agent confirmed the original report from Fox 8 Cleveland's John Telich. Last year's first-round pick, Taylor suffered the injury while lifting weights in Berea on Thursday. If the MRI comes back positive, Taylor could be lost for the 2012 season. The Browns' run defense was bad enough as it was.

Ouch! And I chased Taylor myself.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 am

Interesting piece. I wonder how much is BS.

Quote :
The narrative is being written. Browns first round pick Brandon Weeden had "the look of a No. 1 quarterback" according to The Plain Dealer at Tuesday's minicamp. Weeden is the one meeting with the media after practice. Colt McCoy is an afterthought.

Weeden is being sold. The other options Cleveland had at quarterback this offseason are being discredited. Veteran Browns beat writer Tony Grossi writes that the Browns only pursued Robert Griffin III "enough to say that they tried." Griffin was viewed as "too small" and "eager to show how fast he was."

The Browns didn't like Matt Flynn either: "No bigger than McCoy with a similarly popgun arm. He was never seriously considered."

Or Ryan Tannehill: "His maturity as a quarterback and field leader were so lacking that he turned them off in personal interviews. He didn’t project as a leader."

Weeden, according to the narrative, emerged as the best option. We could swallow this entire story a little better if it didn't suggest that the Browns actually preferred Weeden to giving up picks for Griffin. That's revisionist history. (The Browns' lack of interest in Flynn and Tannehill, on the other hand, was readily apparent.)

We have no idea if Weeden can be successful as a 28-year-old rookie starting quarterback. He will get a chance to try. Grossi says Weeden has the strongest arm the team has seen in years and accuracy reminiscent of Bernie Kosar.

Now all Weeden has to do is show he can keep that accuracy when tackling is allowed. And, you know, when he faces defenses other than the Browns.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Browns   

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Browns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: