:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Joseph Morgan WR NOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed May 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Saints WR Joe Morgan was arrested early Saturday morning for allegedly driving while intoxicated.

A Louisiana State Trooper found Morgan asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle on the side of an expressway just outside of New Orleans. When Morgan got out of the car, the trooper noticed he was swaying, smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes. Morgan's BAC registered 0.218 percent, way over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. He also didn't have a valid driver's license. Morgan, an interesting deep sleeper in fantasy circles, was on track to battle for the Saints' No. 3 wideout job this season.

I'll be extremely disappointed - nay, furious - if Andy doesn't drop him from his roster (or at least offer him to me in a trade at a very cheap price) within 24 hours.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Wow... Does Louisiana have Extreme DUI like other states? I'm guessing no b/c then half of New Orleans would be in jail... but if this were AZ or FL, it's a mandatory 3 months in jail.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Cmon Joe!!! WTF?

On the other hand, he wasn't driving...he was sleeping....we can spin it that way, no?

When I was young and dumb, I drove my drunk ass to my fishing spot where I was planning to fish it off but just as I was about to cast from shore, the sky opened up and I got wet. I then dragged my drunk ass back behind the wheel and headed home. Didn't make it. I was so tired. I cranked the radio. I opened all the windows (stopped raining). I fell asleep. Going 50mph! I woke up having crossed a lane meant for oncoming traffic and we now in the tall weeds...bounce...bounce...bounce...brakes don't accomplish a whole hell of a lot in the grass....CRASH!!! Head on with a huge tree. Radio still playing even though it was blown into the back seat, wires showing its path of travel. Contents of the trunk at my feet (car had a back seat that folded down to trunk and it all blew through there). I spent 5 minutes trying to get the keys out of the ignition because I thought someone would steal my car...thats how drunk I was. Much more to that story but I don't want to type it all out.

Hope this is an isolated incident for a guy who I have high hopes for...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed May 29, 2013 9:08 pm

I am still old and dumb.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 12:04 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Cmon Joe!!! WTF?

On the other hand, he wasn't driving...he was sleeping....we can spin it that way, no?

When I was young and dumb, I drove my drunk ass to my fishing spot where I was planning to fish it off but just as I was about to cast from shore, the sky opened up and I got wet. I then dragged my drunk ass back behind the wheel and headed home. Didn't make it. I was so tired. I cranked the radio. I opened all the windows (stopped raining). I fell asleep. Going 50mph! I woke up having crossed a lane meant for oncoming traffic and we now in the tall weeds...bounce...bounce...bounce...brakes don't accomplish a whole hell of a lot in the grass....CRASH!!! Head on with a huge tree. Radio still playing even though it was blown into the back seat, wires showing its path of travel. Contents of the trunk at my feet (car had a back seat that folded down to trunk and it all blew through there). I spent 5 minutes trying to get the keys out of the ignition because I thought someone would steal my car...thats how drunk I was. Much more to that story but I don't want to type it all out.

Laughing

That's a great story but it doesn't take away from my disappointment in you... I mean, the guy makes Kenny Britt look like a saint and we all know what you think of him...

no wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 10:46 am

England Dragons wrote:
I mean, the guy makes Kenny Britt look like a saint and we all know what you think of him...

died

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 2:25 pm

The DUI laws here are decent. Should have called cab.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Everyone is missing the point. I could care less about Joe Morgan (who?) - the point is that Andy, the most opinionated man EVER about football players, who refuses to draft guys if they farted in church when they were 7 years old, continues to let this utter douchebag of a man sit on his roster.

I quote from above:

WTF?!?!?!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Maybe I view farting in church as much more serious of an offense than this?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, if there was some follow through, I can see your point.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm

T he difference between this situation and Britt is that I don't take on trouble makers...because Joe is a member of our team and because we know this is an isolated incident, we will partner with the best people needed to straighten him out and all will be well. If he cannot get with the program will some Eternal care then we will release him or trade him to one of the trouble maker warehouses that we call other RW teams. cheers

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu May 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Maybe I view farting in church as much more serious of an offense than this?

You know what they say? A man that farts in church, sits in his own pew.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Done for the year with a torn ACL.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm

That sucks...He is now Vincent Brown 12 months backwards in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 am

The fantasy gods are pissed off at the WRs this year!!! Evil laugh 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Joe Morgan back with the Saints  party 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:54 pm

meh,  if he stays healthy he is like the #4 option behind Stills,   and he might even be behind Meacham at this point...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:25 pm

check that,  I meant Toon not Meachem,  they may not bring Meachem back,  especially after bringing back Morgan at a discount.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
meh,  if he stays healthy he is like the #4 option behind Stills,   and he might even be behind Meacham at this point...

Yeah, I'm betting that Stills is the #2 guy.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Yeah, I'm betting that Stills is the #2 guy.

Most of the offseason depth charts have Stills slotted in at the #2 slot, and I have seen Toon in there or at #3 as well. I know preseason depth charts are subject to change, but I think the Saints want Toon to step up in his 3rd year and be another big bodied WR outside opposite Colston, but perhaps Stills wins that job as well, he is talented enough to man the #2 slot... Either way, I believe that Stills and Toon factor in as the #2 and #3. And there is still a chance that they resign Meachem and further muddy the #4, 5 and 6 slots...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Morgan WR NOS   

Back to top Go down

Joseph Morgan WR NOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: