x

Share | 

Peyton Manning QB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I might be starting to warmup to the idea of Manning in Miami...Which means it wont happen.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 am

Big rumours that the Broncos that are after him (makes sense to have a QB that can actually throw the ball) but Manning is interested in playing with Fitz in Arizona...

Back to top Go down
DownUnder Mayhem!

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 am

Mmmmm, I think this Desert Train is really starting to roll.

I will put my whole 2cents on it.

DownUnder Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 am

Kolb may want to start trying to shine up that sad looking resume. coffee

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

I would love to see him in New Orleans for a couple of years. Just think if that happened, people would stop talking abount bountygate for a while and I think he is the 1 person who could help the fans get over Brees if he decides to hold out. I know it would never happen but hey I can dream can't I. I bet Colston and Meachem would rethink free agency if it did. He will probably end up in Miami, but Houston would not suprise me either.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:
I would love to see him in New Orleans for a couple of years. Just think if that happened, people would stop talking abount bountygate for a while and I think he is the 1 person who could help the fans get over Brees if he decides to hold out. I know it would never happen but hey I can dream can't I. I bet Colston and Meachem would rethink free agency if it did. He will probably end up in Miami, but Houston would not suprise me either.

I feel like the Brees issue may be a deliberate attempt to take away bountygate a bit...think about it...All they have to do is come to a quiet agreement with Brees and it helps both parties to pretend they didn't so that it is ALL BOUNTYGATE. I know its unlikely but at this point, I put nothing past em.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Peyton wants to pick his team in a week.

Hope it's true. The speculation is killing me!

Quote :
Peyton Manning's
camp is aiming to make a decision within the next week on where he will
play next season, according to sources, who add that while Manning
prefers to stay in the AFC, he is open to playing in the NFC.
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Its either Miami, Houston, or Seattle....he is not going to Arizona like everyone thinks. They've already invested money in Kolb....it wouldnt make sense. Seattle is the darkhorse because think about it.....who do they have money invested in? In fact who is there QB? lol.....Tavaris Jackson? STOP IT!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Its either Miami, Houston, or Seattle....he is not going to Arizona like everyone thinks. They've already invested money in Kolb....it wouldnt make sense. Seattle is the darkhorse because think about it.....who do they have money invested in? In fact who is there QB? lol.....Tavaris Jackson? STOP IT!!!!

Kolb is due a large chunk of change on the 17th. Just because they sank so much into him already doesn't mean they should bury themselves further. The Kolb experiment failed, get out while you can!

I can't see him going to Houston. Seattle wouldn't surprise me. Like you said... Tavaris Jackson...
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:27 pm

The cap hit to cut Kolb is $8.3 million in dead money.
If they can get a more proven QB at say 11 to 12M per and have 20M tied into this year at that position that may be the way to go.
You don't eat food when it has spoiled, you toss it out!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

It may be a little early to say that Kolb has failed, but he's CERTAINLY not someone that you let STOP you from getting Peyton Manning.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
It may be a little early to say that Kolb has failed, but he's CERTAINLY not someone that you let STOP you from getting Peyton Manning.

Almost the opposite, he (Kolb) may be someone that if you own and he remains with the Cardinals you go and get Skelton.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't own Kolb in any leagues, but I have picked up Skelton in one. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Quote :
The Sacramento Bee confirms that contract length is holding up a potential deal between the 49ers and free agent Alex Smith.
The 49ers have a three-year deal on the table while Smith's representatives are looking for a five-year contract. If the Niners wanted to play hardball with Smith, they wouldn't be adamantly denying any and all interest in Peyton Manning. Even if Smith hits the open market, he remains a strong bet to return to San Francisco. Mar. 8 - 4:00 pm et

Uh huh. ADAMANTLY. Irsay said if Peyton wanted to stay he would. Uh huh. There is NO reason for SF to even THINK about Manning. Uh huh.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Apparently the 3 favorites have emerged for the Mighty Manning ... Denver, Miami, and Arizona.

Two retirement zones and a mountain top resort. Hmmm.

Cons of landing at each...
Denver, Teblow has same agents. Run based team with Fox in charge.
Miami, none really. Gets to continue rivalry with Brady and Berger.
Arizona, an NFC team which means we would never get a Manning vs Manning Superbowl. The horror of it.

Therefore, my best guess which is basically useless, and quite likely 100% wrong is as follows;
Miami 60%
Denver 30%
Arizona 10%

coffee
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't think he would even consider Denver to cold and really no WR.

Arizona like you said in NFC don't think Payton would want in same conference.

Miami warm he has a home in Miami. Miami has some WR.

So I say Miami. But, what do I know I never thought the Colts would let him go.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 am

If I was calling this I would say he lands in KC

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Twitter is buzzing that Peyton has signed a 3 yr deal with Arizona. At this point still just a rumor

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Twitter is buzzing that Peyton has signed a 3 yr deal with Arizona. At this point still just a rumor

Yeah I've seen that. I'd be sad as I could never watch Eli beat his big brother in the superbowl :)
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

Yeah I've seen that. I'd be sad as I could never watch Eli beat his big brother in the superbowl :)

Don't buy into it, Condon wasn't at either stop. Don't see any contract signed without his agent
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:50 am

LOL, I hope he goes to Denver so we can see if he can make Decker and Co look like real NFL WRs

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I might be naive but I don't see how he can join an AFC South team - surely he doesn't want to play against the Colts twice a year and alienate all those fans?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I might be naive but I don't see how he can join an AFC South team - surely he doesn't want to play against the Colts twice a year and alienate all those fans?

Those fans wont have much to cheer for till after he is retired. But your right, I dont see him signing with a team in the AFCS.
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

You really don't think he would like to best the Colts twice a year. I do

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229525/report-texans-recently-inquired-on-manning

Quote :
The Denver Post reports the Texans "recently inquired" on free agent Peyton Manning, and lists the 49ers as one of six teams "considered alive" in the race for Manning's services.

The report comes on the heels of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel's claim that Manning would visit the Texans, though it makes no mention of a potential visit. It's also the first time the 49ers have been credibly linked to Manning. As of Tuesday afternoon, San Francisco was still believed to be on the verge re-signing free agent Alex Smith. The Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals and Titans are the other four teams "considered alive" in the hunt. Rehabbing from Lisfranc surgery, current Texans starter Matt Schaub is due $7.15 million in 2012. Rumors have suggested Houston is Manning's preferred landing spot.

After multiple seasons of looking up at him and the Colts, I'm sure the Texans would love to have Peyton on their side of the field....
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 am

I can't wait until he signs with a team so the madness of this Manning watch ends.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 am

I can't wait until he signs with a team so the madness of this Manning watch ends.

yeah. I am really starting to hate the non-stop speculation stuff too.
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm

I can't wait till it is over either. Then we will have much less to go back and forth about when he signs here in Denver Cool

What bugs me about the big stories like this is that no one ever reports or speculates on any other stuff. Do they know that there are a boat load of other great free agents out there?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I can't wait till it is over either. Then we will have much less to go back and forth about when he signs here in Denver

No kidding dude...bet you can't wait for them to get rid of that bum Tebow! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:39 pm

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#775575

Quote :
49ers | Worked out Peyton Manning
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:06:18 -0700

The San Francisco 49ers worked out free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) earlier this week and put him through a physical.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Chris Mortensen | Share: Share on Facebook

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#775575#ixzz1pJ3bMLGK

Huh, this wasn't reported. Just sayin'

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#775575

Quote :
49ers | Worked out Peyton Manning
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:06:18 -0700

The San Francisco 49ers worked out free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) earlier this week and put him through a physical.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Chris Mortensen | Share: Share on Facebook

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#775575#ixzz1pJ3bMLGK

Huh, this wasn't reported. Just sayin'

Can't tell if they're really interested or trying to send a message to Alex Smith who is being a little bitch because they'd only offer him a 3 year deal.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm

They are really interested (they flew a team doctor out there etc., that wasn't just for Smith) - the fit makes a lot of sense.
However think its still unlikely...

If he did go to SF what chance is their that Crabtree and Davis can learn all the checks etc. quickly enough...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Just another thought, although I know lots of folks just wish it would end, how about this?

49ers sign Moss on Monday, Wayne re-signs with the Colts then Tuesday night. What if, at that point, Reggie knew something? All the talking heads had it as a package deal.

It was a bit of a shock that he re-signed............

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Apparently the Pats were an option for Reggie which makes no sense to me

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:15 pm

I really hate the Media. They're doing the same thing they did with Favre to Manning. Its not breaking news every time theres a headline with the word Manning in it. Right now NFL.com has a 'developing story' that theres no firm timetable for Mannings decision. I'm sorry but that does not require a breaking news banner at the top of the page. Especially when everything in the article is news we've heard before. drives me crazy!!!

soapbox rant

/end rant

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I really hate the Media. They're doing the same thing they did with Favre to Manning. Its not breaking news every time theres a headline with the word Manning in it. Right now NFL.com has a 'developing story' that theres no firm timetable for Mannings decision. I'm sorry but that does not require a breaking news banner at the top of the page. Especially when everything in the article is news we've heard before. drives me crazy!!!

soapbox rant

/end rant

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: THERE IS NO UPDATE ON MANNING AND NO UPDATE ON WHEN THERE WILL BE ONE.

Heard it here first.
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I see what you did there...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Apparently the Pats were an option for Reggie which makes no sense to me

Signed for like $5-$6 million more than Lloyd, so maybe it was about money. Also he may have given the Colts a slight discount.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:44 pm

The Media sure knows how to beat a drum until there is no skin left. All the networks, channels, what have you want to be the first to air when he signs, so they post lame ass stories in the headline section stating breaking news: there is no new news. Laughing What a bunch of clowns.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I can't stand it either. I blame Twitter. Every dickweed wants to be the first to report something as if anyone gives a shit. I care about the story, not who fuckin told me the damn thing.

If the headline ends with a question mark, then the story is nothing but speculation.

oh and...

PEYTON MANNING LIKELY TO SIGN WITH ONE OF 31 POSSIBLE SUITORS BEFORE THE 2012 SEASON.

follow me @twittersucksmonkeyballs
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:17 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I can't stand it either. I blame Twitter. Every dickweed wants to be the first to report something as if anyone gives a shit. I care about the story, not who fuckin told me the damn thing.

If the headline ends with a question mark, then the story is nothing but speculation.

oh and...

PEYTON MANNING LIKELY TO SIGN WITH ONE OF 31 POSSIBLE SUITORS BEFORE THE 2012 SEASON.

follow me @twittersucksmonkeyballs

rofl

You're surely not saying the Colts have definitely ruled out bringing him back...? There's got to be a few tweets worth of speculation in that possibility, surely?
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
The Media sure knows how to beat a drum until there is no skin left. All the networks, channels, what have you want to be the first to air when he signs, so they post lame ass stories in the headline section stating breaking news: there is no new news. Laughing What a bunch of clowns.

As bad as it has been it still is nowhere as bad as it was the last couple of years with the Farve is he gonna retire or not watch. At least Manning is going to let the teams know his decision while there is still time in free agency for the other teams to still improve.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 am

Frankie,

I concur. There is nothing that compares to the Favre Fiascos. The year he went from GB to NYJ was bad. The year he went from the NYJ to Minn was even worse. Either one of those years was WAY worse than the Manning Move. One guy milking the media like a prissy diva for all it was worth and basically feeding off of it. The other guy is legitimately looking to move on in a timely fashion and find himself a new team well within the proper time frames, so as teams can make other moves if necessary etc...

The media though still beats the living tar out of the drum. They take a story that is good and interesting and can make it tiresome and annoying if nothing else comes along to move the headlines along.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 am

The media though still beats the living tar out of the drum. They take a story that is good and interesting and can make it tiresome and annoying if nothing else comes along to move the headlines along.

Like a certain QB out of Denver?
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 am

tough guy

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:52 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

Sorry! Back to Peyton!

So did you guys hear that he's going to choose between the Titans, Broncos and 49'ers at some point in the future?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 am

Did you hear he has been dealing with the teams directly - shocker!!!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am

Manning looking forward to playing for Broncos...

Here's the details filed to ESPN from @mortreport and me on Peyton Manning picking the Broncos. http://tinyurl.com/6pztbts
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 am

Thank god it's over! Hearing Denver might make a play for Wallace now... wouldn't THAT be dangerous!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Good move by both the Broncos and Manning

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning QB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next