View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Apparently he has a torn planter faces in his foot.  Whatever that is.  He's out next game.  Was likely only playing to get the record.

I have been dealing with planter fasciitis for some time now although I am either one tough mofo or mine isn't nearly as bad as that of Manning or Gates because when it wasn't at it's worst I would still go running.  It does suck though...I would run and as soon as I got off my feet for a bit when I would go to stand back up I look like a 95 year old man walking on it.

Did you also injure it dodging 300 pound men that wanted to rip your head off? laughing

I injured mine avoiding 300 round idiots that make me want to blow their heads off. lol3

Back to top Go down
Vernon Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I love seeing him benched!  Mainly because I despise the Broncos  hehe mock

In that case, you should prefer that they keep starting him.

You should thank Justin that i started him... He was able to convince me to start Peyton over Smith. oh and that i should bench Lynch after that abdominal pain. JUSTIN SUCKS AT FANTASY!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Vernon Vipers wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

You should thank Justin that i started him... He was able to convince me to start Peyton over Smith. oh and that i should bench Lynch after that abdominal pain. JUSTIN SUCKS AT FANTASY!!!!!!!!!

That's rough. You should slap him up. If guys like Lynch play, I play them. But who would have guessed that Manning would have negative points? I wouldn't start him, but wow.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Vernon Vipers wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

scratch

You're beating me by ~40 points.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Justin was good at fantasy football until this season... Coincidentally RWTC started up...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:03 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
tough way to go out if this is how it plays out...   Over his career he put up alot of numbers but he lost the big games more often than not,   and while I still don't even consider him a top 10 all time QB,  he deserves better than going out on a game where he scores -12 fantasy points!

You don't consider Peyton Manning top 10 all time? I would like to see that list.

As far as a list like that goes,  just speaking for myself only,  it is more about winning championships and being clutch when it is all on the line and less about stats...   No doubt that Peyton has been one of the best statistical producers of all time,  but that doesn't make him an all time great as far as I am concerned...  Manning has overall been terrible in the playoffs,  more one and dones than anything and ironically his one super bowl ring was more due to the way the Colts defense played more than anything he did...   Peyton is 11-13 in the post season,  sub .500 is not great,  and as far as I know,  the only playoff record Peyton Manning holds is the most playoff losses all time with 13!

This got me thinking about my actual top 10 so I made a list,  checked some stats and this would be my top 10 all time quarterbacks,  where winning the big games is my main criteria:

1. Joe Montana  Titles: 4   postseason win pct: .696
2. Bart Starr  Titles: 5   postseason win pct: .900
3. Tom Brady  Titles: 4   postseason win pct: .724
4. Otto Graham  Titles: 7   postseason win pct: .750
5. Terry Bradshaw  Titles: 4   postseason win pct: .737
6. Johnny Unitas  Titles: 3   postseason win pct: .750
7. Troy Aikmna  Titles: 3   postseason win pct: .733
8. Roger Staubach  Titles: 2   postseason win pct: .647
9. John Elway  Titles: 2   postseason win pct: .667
10. Kurt Warner  Titles: 1   postseason win pct: .692

I would also rank other players ahead of Manning like Brett Favre,   Steve Young,  Sid Luckman,   Ben Rapistburger and even Eli Manning among others,   don't think Peyton even cracks my top 15.   I would even rate Jim Kelly ahead even though he didn't win a title he made it to 4 superbowls and had a winning playoff record.  Ironically,  Eli Manning (who we all know is not as good talent wise as Peyton)  is probably one of the most clutch playoff quarterbacks that there is!

Peyton may very well be a better "passer" than many of the players I rank ahead of him,  but that doesn't make him a better quarterback as far as I am concerned...

I love lists like this.....I guess if this is your criteria and you had one playoff season to win you would select T Dilfer as your QB over D Marino, F Tarkenton, and D Fouts right??????  

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

doh

In no way does my criteria condone an obvious schlub like a Trent Dilfer who just rode the coattails of his defense... Rolling Eyes
But I would trust every single one of those QBs I did list to win a big postseason game over Peyton "one and done" Manning, which is why he has no business in my list of the all time greats. If you feel differently, more power to you... laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:06 am

How come your #1 guy has just about the lowest win %?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:19 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
How come your #1 guy has just about the lowest win %?

Because my list isn't based only on win %... and becuase Montana was always at his best in the biggest game, the super bowl... and because he is still my favorite QB of all time... and most importantly becuase its MY list, based on my opinion, and there is no room for a Manning! laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 am

Oh and because Tom Brady at the very least is suspected of cheating and he will never move higher than 3rd on my list, actually I will probably move him down below Graham and possibly Bradshaw as well. There should be an asterisk next to Brady's name...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:32 am

I think that the common theme on that list is that each of them had a fairly solid supporting cast, great supporting cast in most instances. Unfortunately those QBs that did not have the benefit of even an average defense or any sort of a running game do not have a spot on the list.

The inclusion of Warner illustrates this folly. While with the Greatest Show on Turf he was great and had great success. But, strip away his team, and he's either bagging groceries at the Quik Check or sucking it up for the Giants and Cardinals. The guy went 3-12 as a starter in the '05-'06 seasons.

I understand the knock on Marino is that he never won the big one but to not even have him in consideration for the top 15-20 is ridiculous. He certainly never had any season or collection of seasons where he had a 20% winning record.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 am

As great as Mannings number are (regualr season) have to say this dude has hung around at least one season too long. He looked weak last year, and looks even weaker this year, his arm is getting into noodle zone, hell, maybe even wet noodle zone. Tough to watch for some, but I gotta say I'm kinda lovin' it. To quote the great Dirty Harry, "A mans got to know his limitations."

Cool

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I think that the common theme on that list is that each of them had a fairly solid supporting cast, great supporting cast in most instances.  Unfortunately those QBs that did not have the benefit of even an average defense or any sort of a running game do not have a spot on the list.

The inclusion of Warner illustrates this folly.  While with the Greatest Show on Turf he was great and had great success.  But, strip away his team, and he's either bagging groceries at the Quik Check or sucking it up for the Giants and Cardinals.  The guy went 3-12 as a starter in the '05-'06 seasons.

I understand the knock on Marino is that he never won the big one but to not even have him in consideration for the top 15-20 is ridiculous.  He certainly never had any season or collection of seasons where he had a 20% winning record.

You guys are free to make your own lists... My list is my own singular opinion, thought I was clear about that... also thought I was clear that my list was more about how these QBs shined in the post season and in the biggest games, its not just about great passing stats...

There are alot of overall factors that go into getting a team to the playoffs, it isn't all on the QB, so it is unreasonable to expect every year to be a playoff appearance. I am more interested in how a QB steps up and leads when given those playoff opportunities. This is why I included Warner, and I disagree with your assessment of his team(s), the Rams had a good offense but the defense didn't help much, and they became the 'greatest show on turf' because of him, its not like he inherited this crew that was ripping it up with previous QB's... also he then took a Cardinals team that nobody thought was a playoff contender and took them to a super bowl in 2008 and the NFC champipnship in 2009.

As for Marino, great passer, also had a pretty good supporting cast and made it to the postseason many times, obviously he made it to one super bowl (and lost) but overall he was 8-10 in the postseason (.444 win %) and had a QB rating of 77.1... Not exactly a history of stepping it up when the lights were the brightest. If Peyton isn't good enough to crack my top 10 then obviously Marino is out of the discussion as well.

If you would like to remove Warner and add Marino or Peyton, have at it... go ahead and make your own list! Its pretty easy and kind of fun actually! cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:05 pm

There are alot of overall factors that go into getting a team to the playoffs,  it isn't all on the QB,   so it is unreasonable to expect every year to be a playoff appearance.   I am more interested in how a QB team steps up and leads when given those playoff opportunities.

Give Montana the same defenses Marino had and no running game and see how many Super Bowls he wins...

ROTFLMAO

But, you are right. Opinions are like assholes. Even people who are wrong get to have one...

tongue

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Here is one for you Chris.

Take a look at the guys in your top ten and see how many HOFs they played with. Now go look at some of the guys you knock for not winning it all and see how many HOFs they played with.

Notice anything???? OK so maybe Brady is the exception here.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Has anyone ever heard about this story before???

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Always thought that Buick drivin', Papa John pushin', golly gee whiz bumpkin, was a lil bit douche'. But who knew? What a fraud. Be interesting to see what if any stink comes off of this article, and how much actually sticks to the great Manning clan.

If all true this may even elevate McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Clemens up a few ticks from the bottom trough they feed from. Haha, sorry Brad ... Couldn't resist.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:56 pm

It read like one side of the story to me... Why not go the distance with the as assault charge if you were assaulted? Why settle for $300,000, which sounds like an offset of the schools legal fees if it goes to trial. Where there holes in her case that are skipped over?

Not a Manning, Bronco's or Colt's fan...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Has anyone ever heard about this story before???

First heard about this seven years ago, give or take...Had heard that he "tea-bagged" an athletic trainer while at Tenn.  (Didn't know all the details as presented in the article).  I can't remember the source, but during the discussion (heard it on radio), teammates corroborated the "bad-blood" between the two. The puzzling factor brought up, was that she was obviously not the only trainer, but always made it a point to be the one to treat Peyton, even though the relationship was strained.  And he obviously allowed her to treat him, so maybe there was something "extra" going on there.  

I thought this had all been hashed out several years ago...Perhaps the telling testimony might be contained in the redacted pages of the complaint?  And BTW, who shot Kennedy?? wink

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Doesn't surprise me with these professional athletes anymore. They think they can do anything they want and get away with it

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:01 pm

I don't find this shocking at all considering all these manning's are douches, and it all starts with their scumbag father... they never even learned what the word accountability means... Fuck the mannings, they suck ass...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:19 am

If you don't want to go read that long article that Brad posted, here is a video that breaks it all down for you... It is really disgusting, Manning may be much worse than I ever thought...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for posting that Chris. It's actually unbelievable. Just nuts. On a sidenote, every time I see someone post in the Manning thread, I am hoping I see a retirement announcement.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:05 pm

I don't find this shocking at all considering all these manning's are douches,  and it all starts with their scumbag father...   they never even learned what the word accountability means...  Fuck the mannings,   they suck ass...

good post

I agree with everything said here

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Again, we need a jump to conclusions mat around here. This is from the court documents WRITTEN BY HER LAWYERS....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 pm

I have read nothing and don't care. Why? Because from the tiny amount I have caught from headlines, this is referring to something that happened quite a while ago which begs the question, why now? Oh, he won the SuperBowl. That's why. Alright. Well everyone should go crawl back into the hole they were in 3 months ago.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Who cares. Doesn't affect me.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:30 pm

I have read nothing and don't care.  Why?  Because from the tiny amount I have caught from headlines, this is referring to something that happened quite a while ago which begs the question, why now? Oh, he his defence won him the SuperBowl.  That's why.  Alright.  Well everyone should go crawl back into the hole they were in 3 months ago.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on.  Who cares.  Doesn't affect me.

Fixed that for you. He had virtually nothing to do with it. Aside from that, your post was spot on.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:33 pm

England Dragons wrote:
I have read nothing and don't care.  Why?  Because from the tiny amount I have caught from headlines, this is referring to something that happened quite a while ago which begs the question, why now? Oh, he his defence won him the SuperBowl.  That's why.  Alright.  Well everyone should go crawl back into the hole they were in 3 months ago.

Fixed that for you. He had virtually nothing to do with it. Aside from that, your post was spot on.

laughing

Thanks. I clearly misspoke.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:53 pm

England Dragons wrote:

laughing

You are totally dismissing his great 2-point conversion!

tongue

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

laughing

tongue

Good point. That didn't count in his 141 total passing yards either...

laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:14 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

laughing

tongue

laughing

Good two points

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

laughing

tongue

laughing

Good two points

I see what you did there.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:21 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Again, we need a jump to conclusions mat around here.  This is from the court documents WRITTEN BY HER LAWYERS....  

We all must remember,

Chris hates the Mannings.

Not saying he's wrong, just jaundiced.

And no, he had nothing to do with that SB. It just so happens he gets his 2nd ring.

Now retire for goodness sakes.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:21 pm

This will be entertaining. He's going to make the Broncos cut him. And then the Broncos are going to start who? Trevor Siemian? Maybe Osweiler will sign because he won't have much competition to start and the defense is so good. But you have to think that Houston is going to toss megabucks at him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:28 pm

I wouldn't want to be a fan of the team that picks him up if the Broncos do cut him and he comes back. Gross.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:03 pm

That would be awesome he retires and Osweiler leaves.

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
That would be awesome he retires and Osweiler leaves.

ROFL

They both suck. I think that'd be awesome too. I'd Rather have Cook than either of these guys.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 am

The report is that he will retire tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:08 am

That's a shame... Denver should let him wait until his 2016 bonus hits, then let him retire since he took a pay cut last season to bring them a Superbowl title. I know it would be stupid for them... But classy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:49 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
That's a shame... Denver should let him wait until his 2016 bonus hits, then let him retire since he took a pay cut last season to bring them a Superbowl title.  I know it would be stupid for them... But classy.

Peyton is not hurting for money.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah, I think it would gross for the Donkies to throw more money at that big headed freak, he's already made more than he deserves...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The report is that he will retire tomorrow.

Thank goodness.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:37 pm

That's about the first good decision he's made this season...

Going out as a winner is about as good as it gets.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:46 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Are you trying to imply something Jon?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Are you trying to imply something Jon?

Only that he gets to go out as a SB winner though he had nothing at all to do with it. That's as good as it could have been for him.

If he insisted on not retiring, the Broncos would have cut him which would have been messy. Then another team would probably have given him a chance and that would probably have been awful. Then he goes out on a 4-12 season, or worse, getting benched half way through it as it's clear he's no longer starter material.

No way to end a great career, that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:01 pm

I was just trying to joke, because you worked hard and won your championship...  laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I was just trying to joke, because you worked hard and won your championship...  laughing

laughing

Sorry - totally missed that!

doh

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Entertaining and great retirement speech today Mr. Manning. I wonder what is next for Peyton

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Great choice. He will be talked about for decades.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Good riddance Franken-douche! laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Entertaining and great retirement speech today Mr. Manning.  I wonder what is next for Peyton

He actually made some funny jokes. He made the right decision, great career.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning QB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: