Share | 

Peyton Manning QB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:17 am

https://vine.co/v/OiZYQExF7hU

Check out Osweilier in the background when Peyton straps the helmet on in the midst of the blowout. Fucking priceless.

"Sorry Kid, maybe next year..."

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am

mock

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:00 am

I got this from the FBG random shots email, look forward to that every week.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Now THAT is just funny.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Love it!!!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Wow Manning didn't throw a single TD for the 1st time in 52 games???? That is a crazy long streak, too bad it had to end.

From what I am seeing Manning is throwing more and more wobbly balls tongue .... I know it sounds perverted but i'm trying to be serious lol. I think it may be his age and all his surgeries, but he just doesn't have the spiral he once did

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Peyton Manning has 2 consecutive games under 200-yards passing. In his career, he has never had 3-straight such games.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Peyton Manning has 2 consecutive games under 200-yards passing. In his career, he has never had 3-straight such games.

Is this the year he gets 3 straight???? Tough game in San Diego, it will be interesting to see what happens
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:59 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Is this the year he gets 3 straight????  Tough game in San Diego, it will be interesting to see what happens

Did you quote yourself to get two posts out of one???

#postwhore

#manningisdone

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:20 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Is this the year he gets 3 straight????  Tough game in San Diego, it will be interesting to see what happens

#postwhore

#manningisdone

Lol, no I was quoting the Minions  you are crazy

I still think Manning has got some left but I'm not sure how much.  I do agree though, he could be on his last leg
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:51 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

#postwhore

#manningisdone

Hey look, I found another drunk drink poking
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:45 am

All you prospects look the same to me....

blah blah blah

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

blah blah blah

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

blah blah blah

lol 2

lol 2 lol 2

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 pm

So, now.....

Beginning to think the length and pounding of the season has caught up with him Sure doesn't look all that good the last few games, including tonight. It's either that or he IS hurt, but, he is off on almost every pass.

I wouldn't want to put much on the Broncos at this rate in the Playoffs.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:38 am

He can only play in the sunshine. If it rains or snows, or is a bit cold, or there is some wind, he's shit.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 am

5th time in his career he has thrown a 4 INT game!?!?   sick

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:24 am

He doesn't look right, but more importantly, he doesn't sound right. I think this will be his last year. If he doesn't get his shit together very soon, he won't have good memories of his last season.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:43 am

Seems like this is more than just a Peyton thing....this team was unbelievable and now nothing...Julius Thomas was on a record pace for how many weeks and now he is barely worth considering. I am sure it's several things but I don't think Peyton just stopped working....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
He doesn't look right, but more importantly, he doesn't sound right. I think this will be his last year. If he doesn't get his shit together very soon, he won't have good memories of his last season.

I don't think this year was going to end with good memories anyhow... NE now has the #1 seed and home field throughout, also if they do make the super bowl and it ends up a likely rematch with the legion of boom, I can't see that ending well either, SEA can control the running and the legion of boom has made Peyton their little bitch...

This guy has made the Broncos as a whole look better than they really are for the last few seasons, but if he is running out of steam here, the rest of the team is showing how vulnerable they can be... I don't think this team can win without Peyton performing at a high level... should be interesting in the playoffs...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Have you seen this guy throw lately? I'm not exaggerating when I say he has the arm of a '3rd string
QB. If he throws outside the numbers the ball just flutters out there, if the timing isn't exact it's gonna be a pick

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:07 pm

He needs to retire and retire like right now... POS! bring a good character guy in Denver finally trade for Johnny Matziel!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Manning looks like he may be finished. He has no arm strength and he can't move around. He had great weapons and the offense looked terrible the last 5 weeks. Their OC is probably going to leave so do you think Manning wants to play with a new OC? Not a chance. He will be great for FOX or CBS.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Nobody could catch his wobbly balls today  laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Yeah,  he REALLY seemed to wear down and wear out as this season progressed.    It is definitely a concern,   the arm strength and the ability to throw a tight spiral seem to be waning...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:33 pm

maybe but I think I will still give him a 1 year ext in GLDL - my guess is he will still play well enough during the reg season to warrant it

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
maybe but I think I will still give him a 1 year ext in GLDL - my guess is he will still play well enough during the reg season to warrant it
I would drop him like a sack of potatoes!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 pm

mock vote no

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm

The 38-year-old originally tore his quad during a Dec. 14 win over the San Diego Chargers, reports Schefter, who said an MRI later confirmed the tear. The injury is specifically a torn rectus femoris, according to Schefter, and the "bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg."

Is this what caused his poor play the last 5 weeks or is it still his decline in skills because of his age? I guess time will tell

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm

The 38-year-old originally tore his quad during a Dec. 14 win over the San Diego Chargers, reports Schefter, who said an MRI later confirmed the tear. The injury is specifically a torn rectus femoris, according to Schefter, and the "bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg."

Is this what caused his poor play the last 5 weeks or is it still his decline in skills because of his age?  I guess time will tell

What is the point in not resting him through this? Anderson did most of the work during this span anyways. Everyone knows what he can do, why try and tough this out and win... what? A bye plus one and done. Maybe it's one of those "surgery or pain tolerance" type of injuries, but you can't tell me shutting him down for a few weeks wouldn't have helped at least a little bit.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:16 am

Is this what caused his poor play the last 5 weeks or is it still his decline in skills because of his age?  I guess time will tell
Go watch the 2 or 3 games before the San Diego game...  I think you will find that Manning was already showing signs of rust with less zip on the ball than normal,  throwing wobblers and having accuracy issues.   I don't think for a second that the injury is the sole reason for his decline,   it certainly added to his issues the last month,   but this is not the same QB as he was previously,  except for the whole one and done in the playoffs thing of course...    laughing    What reason is there to think he will get better as he inches even closer to 40?   I believe the issues are broader than just the thigh injury...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:33 am

(KFFL) Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning plans to return in 2015, pending the results of his annual physical, according to three sources The Denver Post's Woody Paige trusts. The test results were learned at the beginning of March last season. The team has requested a decision from him by March 9.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 pm

There was never a chance that he didn't play. I don't care who said what.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

I hope he does play, considering I own multiple shares of Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer across the various leagues I am in...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
There was never a chance that he didn't play.  I don't care who said what.

Yeah, but any bets as to whether they make the Playoffs this year?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am

i'll bet they make the playoffs

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 am

This guy is obviously starting to show his age. Imagine an entire season that goes like his last games of 2014.

Looks like a guy holding on to long to me. Doesn't matter how good your weapons are if you can't get them the ball. This team will need to be effective at running the ball and playing keep away to end up in the playoffs. Plus that Defense is still just average to me and keeping them off the field will also be key to being successful next season. Looks like a 8-8 or 9-7 team to me as they stand now.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 am

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports Peyton Manning is training in New Orleans "with the intent to play" in 2015.
This is just the latest in a string of similar reports since the Broncos were ousted from the playoffs by the Colts. It's not shocking by any means, and we fully expect Manning to be under center for Denver next September in another push for a championship. We'll know Manning's plans for certain within a month.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Peyton Manning has agreed to take a $4 million pay cut, reducing his salary from $19 million to $15 million. Analysis: The move creates an additional $4 million in cap space for a Broncos team looking to sign franchise player Demaryius Thomas to a long-term contract. The Broncos are also in the market for up to three new offensive linemen, in addition to possibly re-signing free agent DT Terrance Knighton. Manning's $15 million base salary makes him the sixth-highest paid quarterback just behind Jay Cutler.

Looks like he's playing one more year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Atta boy Peyton!! Coming back for 1 more year, with the Broncos and the SilverBallers. Good thing, I really needed a starting QB rock on

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Some Bronco players I would be looking to deal if I owned any of them.....the cliff is coming.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:39 am

Peyton lives!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Peyton Manning has agreed to take a $4 million pay cut, reducing his salary from $19 million to $15 million. Analysis: The move creates an additional $4 million in cap space for a Broncos team looking to sign franchise player Demaryius Thomas to a long-term contract. The Broncos are also in the market for up to three new offensive linemen, in addition to possibly re-signing free agent DT Terrance Knighton. Manning's $15 million base salary makes him the sixth-highest paid quarterback just behind Jay Cutler.

Looks like he's playing one more year.

9-7 and they miss the Playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:14 am

Bob... didn't you mean one and done in the playoffs?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:43 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

That has been Peyton's calling card pretty much his whole career... he is the king of one and dones!

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 am

As he goes, so goes Singapore.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:44 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
9-7 and they miss the Playoffs.

I want to see this happen just because I live here and would absolutely love to see it play out this way. Just to see the media and fans go ape shit and blame the Broncos for bringing back Manning pray2 mischieveous

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

That has been Peyton's calling card pretty much his whole career...   he is the king of one and dones!

LOL.

Yeah, maybe he is.

You still cannot deny that he is one of the Top 5 QB's of all time. (I won't put him 1st). Brady and Peyton have contributed more to the NFL we have today than anyone else. I really do not think you can deny that either.

I really wish he had just retired, the last 5-6 games last year were just brutal to watch. You could easily see he has lost some of the magic he had. Father time gets us all Peyton, just wish you would realize that.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:43 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

That has been Peyton's calling card pretty much his whole career...   he is the king of one and dones!

LOL.

Yeah, maybe he is.

You still cannot deny that he is one of the Top 5 QB's of all time. (I won't put him 1st). Brady and Peyton have contributed more to the NFL we have today than anyone else. I really do not think you can deny that either.

I really wish he had just retired, the last 5-6 games last year were just brutal to watch. You could easily see he has lost some of the magic he had. Father time gets us all Peyton, just wish you would realize that.

Hey that's my QB you are talking about nono

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

LOL.

Yeah, maybe he is.

I think comparing "all-time" players across all different eras of the NFL evolution is a bit pointless, but if I get the benefit of hindsight with looking at all the historical QB's who played in the NFL, I am sure I can find many more than 5 QB's with a much better track record of coming up big in the big games of the postseason... Peyton has not been money in the postseason, that is just a fact and a sidenote to his otherwise impressive career...

Peyton put up alot of stats and did well in the regular season... but that doesn't make him a necessary addition to the top 5 all-time, against which I think is a bit pointless and hard to narrow down... but I can have my own opinions, and even though I am not sure who my top 5 all time QBs would be, I doubt very much that Peyton would even rank in my top 10... but whatever, that is just my opinion, don't really care if anyone else agrees with it or not...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Manning QB RET   

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning QB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: