HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Melvin Ingram DE LAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Quote :
Chargers OLB Melvin Ingram suffered a torn left ACL in OTAs Tuesday, and is out for the season.

Always sucks to lose a player for the year in OTA's

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Dayum. That sucks.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Well.............

Fuck me in a couple of leagues.....

Still have high hopes for him.

Manti's value just got a boost.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Quote :
San Diego Chargers LB Melvin Ingram (knee) is tentatively expected to undergo reconstruction surgery of his left anterior cruciate ligament next week, a source said. The renowned Dr. James Andrews will perform the operation. Ingram is expected to miss the 2013 season, before returning to the field in 2014 at or near full strength. LB Larry English is the current in-house leader to start in Ingram's place, although the club is looking into free agent possibilities, including free-agent LB Dwight Freeney (Colts).

I was in the process of grabbing him everywhere I could. Glad I only managed to reel him in twice Laughing

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 am

Meh, he didn't look adjusted to the NFL last season anyway. Not a huge loss. Like Bob said, Manti just took a step up.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 am

So, bringing him back around.

I loved this guy in the 2012 Draft. Rob was right, he looked a little lost in his Rookie year. That being said, his Stat line may not show it, but I really believe he was a major contributor to the win last weekend. While he only had 3 assists, he did have 2 PD's and an INT and, he was in the backfield....a lot. He was a problem all day for the Bengals OLine.

I hope this bodes well for him as I own him in sooooo many leagues and just kept holding on even at the cost of a roster spot. Time shall tell.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
So, bringing him back around.

I loved this guy in the 2012 Draft. Rob was right, he looked a little lost in his Rookie year. That being said, his Stat line may not show it, but I really believe he was a major contributor to the win last weekend. While he only had 3 assists, he did have 2 PD's and an INT and, he was in the backfield....a lot. He was a problem all day for the Bengals OLine.

I hope this bodes well for him as I own him in sooooo many leagues and just kept holding on even at the cost of a roster spot. Time shall tell.

Couldn't agree with you more Bob, Melvin Ingram is a beast! He has had a big impact on the Chargers defense since he came back from injury. With him active during the current winning streak the defense has been improved and whether he is on the stat sheet or not he always seems to be around the ball or having some effect on the offense. He is one of those guys who can be a game changer, he may not rack up 10+ tackles in a game all that often but his play typically makes a difference for his team. The only thing is I am not sure how big of a fantasy IDP guy he will be, he seems more in the vein of an Aldon Smith, he may have some big games with some big plays but some games he may disappear on the stat sheet... even though if you watch the game you still see he has a big impact on the game...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:20 am

Quote :
Ingram (hamstring, hip) was placed on injured reserve-designated to return Saturday, San Diego Union-Tribune reports. Analysis: It's a tough loss for the Chargers, as Ingram, the 18th overall pick in 2012, is currently tied for the league lead with eight quarterback hurries. He won't be eligible to play again until Week 11, meaning San Diego will have to lean heavily on the likes of Jerry Attaoechu (hamstring) and sixth-round pick Tourek Williams, though the team could move Reggie Walker to the outside or add Cordarro Law from the practice squad.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 am

Sigh

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 pm

That is a big blow to to the Chargers defense,   Ingram is so disruptive to opposing QB's even when it doesn't show up in the stats,  he makes a real difference in the games.   He is having a lot of trouble staying healthy as a pro however,   which is a bad sign...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 am

Quote :
San Diego Chargers LB Melvin Ingram's fifth-year option of $7.751 million was picked up Wednesday, April 1, according to a source.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 am

Continues to be a Charger it appears

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:04 pm

The Orange County Register confirms Melvin Ingram will move to defensive end in new Chargers DC Gus Bradley's 4-3 scheme.

The switch had been rumored, but not visualized on the field yet because Ingram skipped OTAs during contract negotiations. He signed a four-year, $66 million pact on Sunday. Moving to defensive end, Ingram's IDP value will experience a sizable boost. His value was hurt by his old linebacker designation.

Thank goodness for that.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:17 pm

DE!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm

And he got paid!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Whats odds he gets switched back mid-season or late offseason even...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 am

I'm not a smart enough man to know whether position changes help or hinder value Laughing

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I'm not a smart enough man to know whether position changes help or hinder value Laughing

It helps his value. Here's a fairly simple breakdown of the changes with the Chargers new system: HERE

The general idea of what is said there is right, though I think the writer has a love affair for 4-3s. The most important part, obviously, is what he says in Ingram's part about the LEO.

His stats last year would've put him on the edge of DE2. I think this moves him squarely into DE2 and possibly fringe DE1, whereas he was a good LB3 before. In addition, this is a much more natural position for him. He was originally drafted as a DE.

As a Broncos fan, I am deeply worried about Bosa and Ingram over the next few years. Hopefully Bolles is ready for the challenge.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 am

And in our scoring system, DEs are weighted more than LBs.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:49 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
And in our scoring system, DEs are weighted more than LBs.

Scoring system is one of the most important factors when considering position values. Good call Ben.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am

Yeah but a lot of people aren't as productive when they get moved to a new position. At least that's how it seems.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

Yeah but a lot of people aren't as productive when they get moved to a new position.  At least that's how it seems.  

This isn't one of those times.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Yeah but a lot of people aren't as productive when they get moved to a new position.  At least that's how it seems.  

I agree. Him and Bosa are gonna murder the AFC West. And with Verett and Hayward in the secondary, intercepting all the rushed passes.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

agree

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 am

Is OLB that far away from DE? Admittedly I've not watched much San Diego but he'll be doing similar things to what he did last year.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:23 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Is OLB that far away from DE? Admittedly I've not watched much San Diego but he'll be doing similar things to what he did last year.

You are right he will be doing a lot of the same things but he will get more fantasy points with DEs being weighted heavier than backers.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:53 am

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

You are right he will be doing a lot of the same things but he will get more fantasy points with DEs being weighted heavier than backers.

Yeah, makes a change from all my DE's moving to LB. Chandler Jones killed me last year.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

Yeah, makes a change from all my DE's moving to LB. Chandler Jones killed me last year.

Had the same problem with K. Mack. He was still a serviceable LB but was a beast with the DE designation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Ingram DE LAC   

Back to top Go down

Melvin Ingram DE LAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: