x

Share | 

Shane Vereen RB NYG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue May 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Quote :
ESPN Boston considers Shane Vereen the clear-cut favorite to inherit ex-Patriots RB Danny Woodhead's third-down/passing-game role.

It's an easy connection to make after Vereen filled in for a banged up Woodhead in the Divional Round and ripped off 124 yards and three touchdowns on just 12 touches. "I'd say that I'm approaching this season a little bit differently than I did last season," Vereen said. "Just with a mindset of my role on the team." The 2011 second-rounder has developed slowly, but will be an outside threat for RB2 value if he can run with Woodhead's old job in camp.

Interesting to note for sure. I actually think Ridley is being a bit over valued and Vereen still could have a shot at RB1 duties in NE. But who knows the Patriots running game is a hard one to trust on a week to week basis.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Bump Ridley back up

Quote :
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Shane Vereen is undergoing wrist surgery on Monday and will miss "a few weeks."
Vereen gutted out the injury against the Bills, but Monday's surgery will sideline him for what sounds like 2-3 games. Per Glazer, Vereen broke a "small bone" in the wrist on his first play of Sunday's win over Buffalo. He experienced "numbness" in the joint after the game because the cracked bone sits directly on a nerve. Look for Stevan Ridley to regain his feature back role and keep it for the remainder of the season. Fantasy owners should hold onto Vereen, whom the Patriots still want to use as their version of Darren Sproles. Sep 9 - 1:37 PM

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 pm

wonder if you can get vereen on the cheap in other leagues.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Vereen looked very good this is unfortunate. Ridley burned me bad this week in FanDuel.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Wowzer.

Patriots placed RB Shane Vereen (wrist surgery) on injured reserve/designated to return.

Vereen was expected to miss only 2-3 weeks, but as usual with the Patriots, we didn't know the truth. Vereen won't be eligible to practice for six weeks, and can't return until Week 11 (New England is on bye in Week 10). It's a massive blow for an offense that's unusually short on playmakers as it waits for Rob Gronkowski to return. It also means Stevan Ridley could start getting some run on third downs, but Leon Washington is a candidate for passing-down snaps. Inexplicably, LeGarrette Blount now finds himself No. 2 on the depth chart, but that could change once Brandon Bolden (knee) returns. The Pats are likely in the market for veteran help. Vereen was primed for a fantasy breakout before going down. Put simply, it's a bummer.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Too bad because he looked like the real deal after that game. Patriots are a mess moving forward

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 am

Buy low in dynasty leagues.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 am

Patriots are a mess right now. Might have to lower them in the confidence pool.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey Mike... is Vereen going ot be active after the bye? I've seen reports that he's been practicing, but haven't seen anything definitive

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Hey Mike... is Vereen going ot be active after the bye?  I've seen reports that he's been practicing, but haven't seen anything definitive
Yeah he's been practicing for weeks, and sounds like he's fully healed. Remember it was a fractured bone, not like it was anything squishy like a muscle or ligament. Once he's healed, he's healed. He's been telling people that he's going to play immediately. Of course trying to gess his workload in his first week back is another thing, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the 53.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Hey Mike... is Vereen going ot be active after the bye?  I've seen reports that he's been practicing, but haven't seen anything definitive
Nothing to see here. Vereen will find his way back to the doctors table in less time that one can say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

As a matter of fact, that will be what he likely pulls next. Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Yeah he's been practicing for weeks, and sounds like he's fully healed. Remember it was a fractured bone, not like it was anything squishy like a muscle or ligament. Once he's healed, he's healed. He's been telling people that he's going to play immediately. Of course trying to gess his workload in his first week back is another thing, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the 53.
More importantly, he'll be in the starting lineup for the Gadabouts the week he's activated... He's better than what they got now.

thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
More importantly, he'll be in the starting lineup for the Gadabouts the week he's activated... He's better than what they got now.

thanks for the info.
He'll probably be rolled out in Adelaide too, not that that is saying much. But hey, it worked for Andre Brown! rock on 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 am

Looked good last night. Pats have been missing the pass catching back.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Great to see Vereen back crushing it for the Pats, bad to see him in a couple of opponents' lineups in the semi-finals this week! Fiddlesticks.  no! 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:52 am

You must have been happy. 21 yards with 3 receptions has got to be a huge downer.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am

The whole Patriots performance (especially the defense) had to be a huge downer... The #1 seed right there for the taking and playing a team that is not terrible but one that has no place beating them and what do they do? They go out and beat themselves...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
You must have been happy. 21 yards with 3 receptions has got to be a huge downer.

I was happy where I faced him. Had him going in another semi-final game, and that hurt, ouch. I need Ray Rice to only have modest success tonight, and it would help me if Justin Tucker manages to score big. It's the biggest money league I'm in, so I'm nervous, but hopeful. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The whole Patriots performance (especially the defense) had to be a huge downer...     The #1 seed right there for the taking and playing a team that is not terrible but one that has no place beating them and what do they do?   They go out and beat themselves...

As much as I love the Pats, they're going nowhere in the playoffs. There's a chance they make it to the AFC title game, but they have zero chance to be a credible threat to win the Super Bowl imo. And I was saying that BEFORE Gronk went down. Their defense is just a sieve. The 4th and 6 play to Clay was a perfect example, as was the bumbling, stumbling excuse for pass coverage by Dont'a Hightower on Thigpen's game winner. Can't win with defense like that.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 am

I agree, their defense is not good and that can get exposed in the playoffs. That is the reason why I don't consider the Broncos a lock to make the super bowl either despite all the media lining up to suck Manning's dick and crown him the champ... The Broncos defense is pretty terrible in their own right, honestly I am not sure any AFC team is going to be able to beat the Seahawks or possibly the 49ers in the Super Bowl anyhow.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I agree,  their defense is not good and that can get exposed in the playoffs.    That is the reason why I don't consider the Broncos a lock to make the super bowl either despite all the media lining up to suck Manning's dick and crown him the champ...   The Broncos defense is pretty terrible in their own right,   honestly I am not sure any AFC team is going to be able to beat the Seahawks or possibly the 49ers in the Super Bowl anyhow.

Lol on the media/Broncos love affair. Rock solid point about those NFC defenses.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 am

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss reports three years and $10.5 million may be the starting point for free agent Shane Vereen's next contract.

If Vereen wants that kind of money -- which he's certainly worth -- Reiss finds it hard to see the Patriots matching it. The Patriots haven't been known to pay up for free-agent running backs recently. Vereen turns 26 next month and is one of the top receiving backs in the league with room to grow.

Took me 10 pages of scrolling to find Vereen so I didnt double post about him.

GAWD that was painful. I might be blind.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 am

Research > Forum Search > Vereen

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:14 am

Thank you. Man you guys like watching us prospects struggle.

On a side note: If Vereen does not get signed by NE I like his value to increase in 2015. He would do well with Petyon but that is not where I would want him to go.

Maybe Arizona.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 am

If I liked watching you struggle I wouldn't have told you silly!

troll

You'll never catch me investing in Vereen.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
If I liked watching you struggle I wouldn't have told you silly!

troll

You'll never catch me investing in Vereen.

Thanks to line #1.....

Line #2 Vereen---NEVER EVER?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:53 pm

I will definitely invest in Vereen. I like his big play ability, especially if he goes to a team that utilizes him like the Saints did with Sproles. So hopefully he stays in NE

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Vereen... not even once.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:29 pm

If the Giants to ink Vereen I like the move for Vereen.

I dont think it hurts his FF value in anyway. Do you?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Nope. Think it'll stay the same.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Nope.  Think it'll stay the same.

Really? I feel like they would use him more. NE plays games with their RBs IMO.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:36 pm

They have Jennings and Andre Williams. They'll still be using both of them. It'll be a bit of a mess just like it was in NE.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:42 pm

They have Jennings and Andre Williams.  They'll still be using both of them.  It'll be a bit of a mess just like it was in NE.  

I think he beats one or both of them out..........I do see the Gia using more than 1 rb it wont be a sole position for anyone.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 pm

I like Vereen in NY, at least he has a lot higher ceiling there. I hate RB's on the Patriots, their RBBC is a ff nightmare because it's not just 2 RB's it's usually 3-5 RB's.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Helps Eli too

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

I dont think it hurts his FF value in anyway.  Do you?

Doesn't hurt or help his value IMO. He is a 205 lb RB. Too small to truck the load and stay healthy. He'll sub in with Jennings and Williams mostly on 3rd downs. Eventually it will be just Williams and Vereen splitting the job as Jennings is getting close to the end IMO.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:32 pm

I really like Vereen in NY. Eli likes to dump the ball off, so Vereen should put up some decent #s

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Doesn't move the needle much on his fantasy value IMO.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

I dont think it hurts his FF value in anyway.  Do you?

Doesn't hurt or help his value IMO. He is a 205 lb RB. Too small to truck the load and stay healthy. He'll sub in with Jennings and Williams mostly on 3rd downs. Eventually it will be just Williams and Vereen splitting the job as Jennings is getting close to the end IMO.

He's bigger than Tiki Barber. vote yes

I think.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:42 pm

I do feel like he might get a few more games under his belt per year with Bilichek always holding back his RBs to showcase different ones.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Yeah NYG seems like just as much of a committee mess as NEP was

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:17 pm

I will happily not be owning him. Really hate when teams have a mess like this at a position.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:24 pm

The NYG RBBC just got even messier. This may not move Vereens fantasy value much but that is only because he barely had any! It definitely hurts Williams and Jennings as it would appear to just spread out the carries and receptions even more... As usual, its a good football move that isn't great for fantasy...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Just got offered him for a 2016 2nd, after this, no thanks.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Shane Vereen will miss the rest of the season with a triceps injury.
Quote :
This is a shocking development after Vereen played over half the snaps and saw 13 touches Week 3 against the Redskins. It is unclear when the injury occurred. With Vereen out and Rashad Jennings (thumb) questionable, Orleans Darkwa is a must-add in every league. Bobby Rainey and rookie Paul Perkins deserve looks as well in deeper formats.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:49 pm

I'll sure miss his fumbles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Vereen RB NYG   

Back to top Go down

Shane Vereen RB NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum