:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Andrew Luck QB IND

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 pm

TBH, I'm nowhere near there myself. I think he has the capability to be better, but he is not yet.

We'll see how his durability is.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Fair points Todd, but regardless of how everrated the Chiefs defense is, it is difficult to spot any defense 28 points in the 3rd quuarter and then come back and win the game. There is a reason that shit just almost never happens! Although I am not certain, I don't recall Manning ever doing it...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Fair points Todd,  but regardless of how everrated the Chiefs defense is,  it is difficult to spot any defense 28 points in the 3rd quuarter and then come back and win the game.    There is a reason that shit just almost never happens!   Although I am not certain,  I don't recall Manning ever doing it...

But Jeff Hostetler did, which means... shrug 
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Fair points Todd,  but regardless of how everrated the Chiefs defense is,  it is difficult to spot any defense 28 points in the 3rd quuarter and then come back and win the game.    There is a reason that shit just almost never happens!   Although I am not certain,  I don't recall Manning ever doing it...

But Jeff Hostetler did, which means... shrug 

Which means Hostetler was obviously better than that giant headed dork Manning!!!!   surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:24 pm

I remember this comeback vividly.

Frank Reich lead the Bills to victory over Houston in 1993 playoffs. In what I believe is the largest deficit overcome in the NFL. 32 pts with slightly under 9 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter.

Bills were losing 28 to 3 at the Half. Gave up a pick six to go down 35 to 3. Then with approx 9 minutes left in the 3rd qtr the Bills scored on a run to make it 38 to 10. Then Reich went crazy and threw 4 TD's without Thurman Thomas who had to leave the game. The Bills minus Kelly and Thomas had taken the lead 38 to 35. Houston scored a late FG to forcing OT. In OT the Bills kicked a FG and won 41 to 38.

So it does happen. Just not that often.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Oh damn, yup, Reich is who I was thinking of, not Hostetler.

But yeah, Reich is better than Peyton too, Chris, for sure.  laughing 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:21 pm

So, there has been one other 28 point comeback and of course the Bills 32 point comeback in the playoffs... So a comeback of this magnitude has happened exactly 3 times in the history of the NFL! What Adrew Luck and the Colts acheived today was absolutely amazing, let's not discount that...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm

This is the play that sums it up for me.

(10:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 31-D.Brown to KC 2 for no gain (29-E.Berry). FUMBLES (29-E.Berry), recovered by IND-12-A.Luck at KC 5. 12-A.Luck for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Ridiculous bounce on that play.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

(10:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 31-D.Brown to KC 2 for no gain (29-E.Berry). FUMBLES (29-E.Berry), recovered by IND-12-A.Luck at KC 5. 12-A.Luck for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Unbelievably fortunate. You never see it play out like that.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Unbelievably fortunate.  You never see it play out like that.

Like when Brad Johnson threw himself a TD for the Vikes... sometimes it's better to be lucky thangood.... and Luck has both those things going for him...

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Unbelievably fortunate.  You never see it play out like that.

Like when Brad Johnson threw himself a TD for the Vikes... sometimes it's better to be lucky thangood.... and Luck has both those things going for him...

Crazy always nice when fluke shit goes your way.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:28 am

OK, I'll finally speak to this.

I'm still stoked.

At halftime, I admit, I was going to try and find a Soap Opera to watch, I was that depressed.

I can make a case, I think, for 3 plays that were potential game changers.

Of course, the Luck fumble recovery.

The incomplete pass to a wide open Cyrus Gray that would have been a TD.

And.......how the hell......

Do you let the only real WR threat on the Colts get behind everyone and score a 64 Yd TD when you know they have to throw the ball?

Just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Out the next 2 - 6 weeks. Torn abdominal muscle?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Lacerated Kidney!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Dang.

Quote :
Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney, and will be sidelined 2-6 weeks.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Crying or Very sad Figures, just traded for him... mock

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:45 pm

In a carnage filled few weeks, even with the name Luck, LUCK has run out .... doh

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Sounds like it hurts pretty bad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:19 am

They are saying that they are expecting him out a month. Should make for a decent race in that division, even though they have a better win percentage with Hasselbeck. And his wife is smokin' for a 40 year old mother of 3, he is good at life....

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:14 am

I guess this year will speak volumes. Yes, the OL just teabags each other, because they cannot pass protect. The problem is, we got used to Peyton's durability, sorry Chris, but minus the neck injury year that landed us Luck, he just played. The OL really wasn't any better then, Peyton just got rid of the ball quickly.

They need to buy Luck some pass protection.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:50 am

Pass protection is a big part of it, but Manning usually had a good RB (Faulk) in the backfield to take off some of the pressure and who was a real pass catching threat as well... Luck hasn't been very lucky in that aspect, he is pretty much been working with a revolving door of scrubs back there...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Pass protection is a big part of it,   but Manning usually had a good RB (Faulk) in the backfield to take off some of the pressure and who was a real pass catching threat as well...   Luck hasn't been very lucky in that aspect,   he is pretty much been working with a revolving door of scrubs back there...
My
Dead on. That's why I posted in their thread how pissed I am. I just don't want to bring up the 1st last year and the RB's that they passed on.

I still say, if Elliot is there, they HAVE to take him.

Oh and, let's not forget Edge. He really helped the sting of Faulk. Still remember when they passet on Ricky to draft Edge. Then Ditka lost his mind.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Quote :
After his extension, Luck is now highest paid player (per year) in NFL.

$75M over 1st 3 yrs. Woah. (via @RapSheet)

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:46 pm

I think he lives up to it - last year wasn't the norm for him

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Colts signed QB Andrew Luck to a new six-year, $140 million contract through 2021.
Quote :
This deal resets the top of the quarterback market and contains a record-setting $87 million guaranteed. Luck was entering the final year of his rookie contract. Despite missing half of last season and struggling for large chunks of the eight games he was in there, Luck deserves every penny. GM Ryan Grigson hasn't done anything to protect Luck during his now-four-year career, failing to get him any offensive linemen and subjecting "the franchise" to unnecessary hits. Now back to full health, Luck should be in for a big bounce-back year as a top-flight QB1. He's now signed through his age-32 season.

Jeez, $87 Million guaranteed. Wow.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm

IF I was a Colts fan, I'd have no issues with this.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
IF I was a Colts fan, I'd have no issues with this.

Totally agree. In another 2 years, this may look like a bargain, like Rodgers deal. He is something like the 11th highest paid QB I think now.

But yeah, Luck is worth it. Last year was the exception, not the rule. Just an eye popping guaranteed number.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 am

Most Guaranteed money in NFL history... 2nd and 3rd place on that list were Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Then again, what else would Indy spend that money on? lol

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:33 am

My only issue with it is who's around him and who's going to protect him?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

I cannot believe they have Andrew luck playing behind one of the worst olines in the league.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:20 am

That is the main question. Who the hell is going to block for him. I hope he stays healthy.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I cannot believe they have Andrew luck playing behind one of the worst olines in the league.

Yep, that is the catch-22... You pay all the money to Luck and don't have enough left to pay for a respectable OLine... That might be a slight exaggeration, but while drafting some young unproven OLinemen in the draft works with the cap, it may not improve the OLine at all, in fact it may even get worse... Grigson just might be the worst GM in the entire NFL...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yep,  that is the catch-22...   You pay all the money to Luck and don't have enough left to pay for a respectable OLine...   That might be a slight exaggeration,  but while drafting some young unproven OLinemen in the draft works with the cap,  it may not improve the OLine at all,  in fact it may even get worse...  Grigson just might be the worst GM in the entire NFL...

But for the last few years they were paying Luck peanuts weren't they? Why couldn't they get something in front of him? Or at lest draft talent there. Jeez.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Luck was getting more than peanuts, but it was still his rookie salary... They had OLine problems in 2014 as well, and they didn't do crap to address it... Instead they wasted their first rounder on a WR they didn't need... Just one of the reasons why I think Grigson is a terrible GM... You would think protecting your franchise QB would be a priority, but so far it really hasn't been...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:41 am

So peanuts for a QB in the NFL, especially of his caliber.

This year they drafted OL in rounds 1,3,5 and 7.

2015 they only spent a 7th.

2014 they spent a 2nd and a 5th.

2013 they spent 3rd and 4th round picks.

I think a team should consistently draft. Oh men in the 1st/2nd nearly every year, but that is just my opinion. You can't coach size. Looks like they have tried to put a line in front of Luck, but haven't hit. But yeah, that Dorsett pick floored me.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:52 am

DAAAMN!! Luck getting paid!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:20 am

At what point do we start considering him as a bust? Or at least mediocre?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
he has had a lot of dropped passed and terrible protection today

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:08 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

IMO his fantasy value has plummeted in the past 16 odd months. Whether it is his fault or the GM's for not getting a OL worth a lick of shit is debatable. Fact is, his numbers are slightly above mediocre in 2015 and now the 2016 season .

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
he has had a lot of dropped passed and terrible protection today

Dropped passes and shitty protection aside, his value has dropped. He is not the "golden boy" who is faster than a speeding bullet and can leap a tall building in a single bound. He is looking Average on good days and Awful on bad days. Blame the Line, the coach, the GM, I don't care. He ain't the first QB to have to play through issues. The true greats still get'r done.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 am

Saw this and it made me laugh from @NFLFantasyFootball. Titled: "So it has come to this".

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Not reassuring to hear from HC on their franchise QB, "Chuck Pagano ‘praying’ Andrew Luck will be ready for training camp.
Andrew Luck is trying to head into training camp feeling 100 percent healthy for the first time in two years, but there is no guarantee he will be ready to resume practicing in full by next month. All the Indianapolis Colts can do at the moment is cross their fingers, as Chuck Pagano said Tuesday.

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/chuck-pagano-praying-andrew-luck-will-be-ready-for-training-camp-471008.html#sthash.JMUDMURv.dpuf"

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Not reassuring to hear from HC on their franchise QB, "Chuck Pagano ‘praying’ Andrew Luck will be ready for training camp.
Andrew Luck is trying to head into training camp feeling 100 percent healthy for the first time in two years, but there is no guarantee he will be ready to resume practicing in full by next month. All the Indianapolis Colts can do at the moment is cross their fingers, as Chuck Pagano said Tuesday.

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/chuck-pagano-praying-andrew-luck-will-be-ready-for-training-camp-471008.html#sthash.JMUDMURv.dpuf"

These lingering injuries are never a good sign, especially for QBs. Hopefully he'll get over it and be able to manage his injuries better in the future.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:45 am

Hate to see this. Indy needs to get their crap together and get him a decent o line. Need to protect their franchise's future and right now they are just wasting it

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm not sure they will get it together in his tenure with them. Other than Luck and TY Hilton, they don't seem to have anything in place that will help long term.

I'm sure Denver would be more than happy to use another former Indy QB to reach the Superbowl though, if he decides to give up on them one of these days.

mischevious

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Luck is a good QB, but I dislike how so many people act as if he should be fitted for a gold jacket already in his short career. Hopefully he can stay healthy In 70 career games he has 78 turnovers. shocking

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Luck is a good QB, but I dislike how so many people act as if he should be fitted for a gold jacket already in his short career. Hopefully he can stay healthy In 70 career games he has 78 turnovers. shocking

I don't think that's a particularly telling statistic. Many great active QB's have similar numbers (without doing almost any research Roethlisburger, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford all have more career turnovers than games) and for my money Luck has had by far the least protection out of any active QB over the last 4 years. Very limited time to get the ball away, and really not all that much help from the ground game. In addition, a lot of that is based on volume due to how frequently the colts throw the ball. Not to mention he hasn't exactly had the best receiving options, although not the worst either (pretty average in my opinion when factoring in pass catching backs and TEs, although I do love TY).

I can keep going, but I just don't think it's fair to evaluate him on this statistic. His interception ratio last year was only 2.4% despite having such a shitty o line. I think the more you watch Luck relative to other QBs the more you see why he is special. I agree it's not like he has established himself as the Arodg/Brady level but I'd put him firmly in the tier below that based on talent alone. Not to mention he is still fairly young and will likely improve relative to the other guys in the discussion of elite QBs

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm

I was not saying Luck is bad by any means, and I know he is special. I just don't like that it seems like a lot of people are crowning him a bit early, that is all.

laughing Still makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 pm

And he can give Kyle Orton's neckbeard a run for its' money. Not all heroes wear capes.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:42 pm

I definitely thinks he's underachieved. Expectations are really high, stats are decent. Should be winning more. They definitely need to put a better line in front of him. There has been enough talent around him to have success if he's an elite QB

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck QB IND
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: