:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Andrew Luck QB IND

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 pm

I live in Pac 10 (12) country so I've seen a lot of Stanford games. Like most of the talking heads my opinion of Luck is quite high. I truly believe he is the #1 player this year and would've been in the last 2 drafts as well had he been eligible or declared. He has all the tools and intangibles that excellent QBs possess. For comparison I see Luck as the next Peyton Manning, not because the Colts have the first pick (irony is sooo cruel), seriously I've been saying that for 2 years now. I think he will make players around him perform above their pay grade and hide the holes in a team just like Peyton did for the last decade.

However I've heard dissenting arguments from fellow fantasy footballers, mostly based in SEC country, that think he won't ever be a top 5 QB in fantasy. One owner in particular thinks Ryan Mallet will be a better pro, to which I reply of course you do - he's an SEC guy. Some folks are too predictable! I've also seen discussions on fantasy forums that place Luck as a top 3 rookie draft pick, which I think is crazy talk unless you're in a 2QB league.

What's your opinion? Love him or hate him...

Back to top Go down
Richmond Renegades

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 pm

I too am fond of Luck's potential... top 5 is a possibility, but with so many other quality QBs and Indy being devoid or severely lacking serious prime talent at the moment it will be a while

Can see Luck going at 1.06-1.08 range in a 12 team league, no earlier as there are so many other talented players in this class - TRich, Blackmon, Miller, Wilson, Floyd
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Ahhh a topic after my own heart. From a Pats fan no less. Amazing. BTW, in Big 10 and ND territory, so hard to know what talent really is. OK, Floyd is the real deal it appears.

In a league I am in, (12 teams) draft spots were bid for. Someone paid over 7M of a 75M hard cap for the #1 pick. Only hits the cap this year, but has the listed salary also. Makes this player a 10M cap hit for this year. He is taking Luck from all indications. I think it's a really bad choice. Reasons? A few.

I'm not convinced that Luck is the best overall QB in this draft. I believe RG3 might be. Here's why. Luck has two, that's right, two, O Lineman that are projected 1st Rd picks. Pretty easy to be a pocket passer in college with that. Look at his numbers against ranked BCS opponets. Not all that great. Also has Fleener, listed in the top 100 picks this year. I know, I know, he plays in a NFL style offense. Whatever, it's not the NFL.

Griffin has better numbers than Luck this year. Played better against ranked BCS opponets, played more ranked BCS opponets. In those games, believe he had 17 TD's and 4 INT's. Griffin does not have the talent around him that Luck does. Yet, better overall stats and he can run.

I believe RG3 will have a much faster, and much larger, fantasy impact than Luck. I also believes it's possible he will be a better overall QB in the NFL than Luck.

If the Colts draft Luck and pay Manning, he is toast, fantasy wise, for the next 2-3 years. I am a Colts fan and the reality is, there is no real talent that will be left. They do this, there is no money to get more talent this year. This team needs a rebuild and I believe that is what they will do. It won't happen overnight. Side prediction: Manning retires and becomes QB coach for Indy.

Now back to that league. I made a trade to get the #4 pick. I was unwilling to spend my cap money to have a pick so I waited. I traded Rice/2013 #1 for Helu/Wallace/2012 1.4. Reason? Lot's of talk of Royster going to the Rams for that #2 draft spot. Makes Helu very attractive in a PPR league in my mind. FYI, needed a WR too. This helps me. I will be taking RG3 at that spot, if he is there. I think my other choice will be Blackmon if he is not and would do that in a heartbeat. Will sit RG3 for now, but expect him to be my Franchise QB soon. Think that draft rolls out Luck/TRich/Blackmon/RG3 from the sounds of things.

Just because everyone is hyping Luck, doesn't make it so. Can you say Ryan Leaf? Colts were very smart that year. I won't be all that shocked if they take RG3, not Luck. Remember Edge too. Drafted BEFORE Ricky. Oh yeah, same year Tim Couch, McNabb and Akili Smith went 1,2,3. No busts there either. If so, that will make that #4 pick interesting for the same reasons as Luck.

Looks like I won't be having any Luck at that pick. doh

Just my opinion, I could be wrong you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Well Bob nice novel high five

I think we just found out what makes you tick - little bit of Tebow love, Colts loser or Indiana related should do the trick. How bout them Hoosiers!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Easton Red Rovers wrote:

I think we just found out what makes you tick - little bit of Tebow love, Colts loser or Indiana related should do the trick. How bout them Hoosiers!

Yeah, see what happens when I get bored at work???? Start typing away and can never seem to stop! Ah yes, the Hoosiers, actually, I could give 2 sh!^'s. Basketball, almost as bad as watching baseball or golf. hairout

Need more football! :happy:
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Easton Red Rovers wrote:

Rick, I have realized I owe you an apology. Moving forward, I will try to keep my posts to one or two sentences.

Last edited by Decatur Demons on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I will use as many one syllable words as possible. I will type slowly.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Hopefully that way, you being a Patriots fan, you will be able to keep up with the conversation!

rofl thinking2 smile and wave
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Easton Red Rovers wrote:

Rick, I have realized I owe you an apology. Moving forward, I will try to keep my posts to one or two sentences.

Decatur Demons wrote:
I will use as many one syllable words as possible. I will type slowly.

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hopefully that way, you being a Patriots fan, you will be able to keep up with the conversation!

rofl thinking2 smile and wave

WOW --- let it begin!!! pray

What are we going to do with you Bob. tough guy I think I'm just gonna have to choose your division once I become official. After all you should be used to getting beat up by the Patriots...I'll help make you feel right at home Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Easton Red Rovers wrote:
WOW --- let it begin!!! pray

Gotta have someone to spar with. C'mon in the division! Look forward to looking down at you in the standings!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Sorry, three sentences.....

dizzy
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 pm

oh wow. Laughing

sissy fight
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
oh wow. Laughing

sissy fight

I know right, Bob hijacked my thread with his shenanigans and then says something about reminding him of his wife. I think he has a man crush on me nailbiting

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Easton Red Rovers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
oh wow. Laughing

sissy fight

I know right, Bob hijacked my thread with his shenanigans and then says something about reminding him of his wife. I think he has a man crush on me nailbiting

Shhhhhh!! Hehehehehehhehe

shocking
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:55 pm

If this guy goes to the Colts I am going to sick

They locked up Peyton for 10+ years and I don't want them to do the same with Luck. It just wouldn't be right to have an elite QB for so long and then have another fall right into your lap after just one bad season.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 pm

I agree Luck and RG3 are both going to be going very very high in a lot of leagues this year. In my 14 team Start 2 QB league the guy with #1 has made it pretty clear he is going to be picking Luck. If I had the #1 I would have a very hard decision between those two Qb's personally...
Great discussion though :)

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:48 am

I think so too. I have the 1.03 in a dynasty league and I'm taking Luck I think, assuming Richardson and Blackmon go before him.

But RGIII might well be the better fantasy QB to start with. I just like Luck's long term assuming the Colts take him.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:51 am

Luck is being really hyped up.... if I had the 1st pick I would trade to the 3rd or 4th and just take whoever is left of RGIII, Luck Blackmon and TRich. Personally I dont think Blackmon will be an elite WR. I think TRich can be decent if in a decent situation. (Rams).
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Luck is being really hyped up.... if I had the 1st pick I would trade to the 3rd or 4th and just take whoever is left of RGIII, Luck Blackmon and TRich. Personally I dont think Blackmon will be an elite WR. I think TRich can be decent if in a decent situation. (Rams).

Really? Blackmon is a FREAK! Watch and see.
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

No....Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss are freaks....Blackmon is not in that class.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 pm

We shall see my friend

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

No....Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss are freaks....Blackmon is not in that class.

I am shamed to say... I agree with OC.

baghead2

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 am

Cosell breaks down Lucks film

(Rotoworld) After watching three of Stanford QB Andrew Luck's game tapes, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell "did not see Luck as a special passer." Analysis: Cosell watches more game tape than any human on the planet, so he knows what to look for. Cosell credits Luck for his sharp mechanics, ability to manipulate defensive backs with his eyes, Luck's "efficiency" as a passer, and his consistency in throwing "catchable" balls. Cosell noticed that Luck tends to left his back foot before ripping passes, which can negatively impact velocity. "Did not drive the ball," Cosell wrote. "A touch passer."

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 am

I only watched a few games of Luck's and I was never overly impressed. I don't watch a ton of college ball however, so perhaps my expectations were set too high going in what with all the hype I was hearing. There's something about a "can't fail prospect" like Luck that scares me. Murphy's law people...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Andrew Luck has been cut by the Colts.

Quote :
Less than a week into training camp, the Indianapolis Colts announced they had cut quarterback Andrew Luck from the roster because the rookie reportedly overthrew wide receiver Reggie Wayne by more than 2 feet during practice. "We appreciate everything Andrew has done for our organization, but we strongly believe that today's performance proves we need to move on," owner Jim Irsay said Friday, throwing his full support behind Drew Stanton as the future of the Colts. "Some may question our decision to sever ties with the No. 1 pick, but I can guarantee that anybody who saw how wide-open Reggie was would agree. I mean, that pass wasn't even close."

That's what happens when you overthrow your receivers.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Was bound to happen... he just couldn't live up to Peyton's legacy...

no

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Quote :
Less than a week into training camp, the Indianapolis Colts announced they had cut quarterback Andrew Luck from the roster because the rookie reportedly overthrew wide receiver Reggie Wayne by more than 2 feet during practice. "We appreciate everything Andrew has done for our organization, but we strongly believe that today's performance proves we need to move on," owner Jim Irsay said Friday, throwing his full support behind Drew Stanton as the future of the Colts. "Some may question our decision to sever ties with the No. 1 pick, but I can guarantee that anybody who saw how wide-open Reggie was would agree. I mean, that pass wasn't even close."

I almost took this seriously. Almost shat my pants..

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Quote :

I almost took this seriously. Almost shat my pants..

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Justin, I like the way you feed misinformation.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:26 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Justin, I like the way you feed misinformation.

Always keeping you guys on your toes!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Sigh.

I hate you Justin.

Good thing I have Colts Mobile.

You do remind me of a summers eve.

and the bag it came in!!!!!

middle finger middle finger middle finger

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Three touchdown drives in the first half? This kid is absolutely incredible. If the O-Line can holdup (which is questionable) I expect him to break Cam's rookie records.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:44 pm

................C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RAT.
A. Luck 10/16 188 11.8 2 0 142.7

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Preseason against the Rams, let's take a step back for now

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

James I'm taking a step forward.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Ummm, no.

After last year, I am not sure we can back up any further.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 pm

I've said it before... and I'll continue to say it...

Luck is a must-have Round 1 Pick 1 dynasty selection in any league where a team's success is greatly tied to an elite QB.

Trent Richardson is fantastic but there's no way I spend a 1.01 on a RB when they arguably carry the shortest longevity, the least consistency... regardless of whether or not the league continues to move toward more RBBCs, etc.

Now, I don't expect Luck to enter the "elite" tier of fantasy QBs for, say, another season or two but I'd rather lock up a Luck or even RGIII before I consider a RB.

One preseason game doesn't mean bull... nor does one season (i.e., Newton). He'll have to prove it and he'll have to do so for years but, in a dynasty format, the smart thing is to grab an elite QB when you have the opportunity to do so.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:45 pm

OK, I was firmly in the "WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" section about letting go of Peyton. I didn't like the thought, wasn't sold on Luck, saw really bad times ahead.

I WAS WRONG.

There, I said it. Out loud.

Man, is this kid impressive. The way he can move around to avoid pressure is very very nice. Especially with that O-Line.

Now if we could just fix the defense.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:55 pm

I wonder what would happen if the Colts and Broncos played each other in the playoffs this year.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 pm

I made a point to watch the Colts/Dolphins game today. Both Luck and Tannehill were really, really impressive. Tannehill needs another weapon, but he looked almost as good as Luck.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I made a point to watch the Colts/Dolphins game today. Both Luck and Tannehill were really, really impressive. Tannehill needs another weapon, but he looked almost as good as Luck.

And to think I own both of those guys going forward. Year one in Roster Wars may have sucked for the Spazz but year 2 and beyond looks mighty bright

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Believe I was the one of the only Tanny believers around here before the Draft. Still think he is very talented and is starting to really prove it. The Dolphins might have found a little gold.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Believe I was the one of the only Tanny believers around here before the Draft. Still think he is very talented and is starting to really prove it. The Dolphins might have found a little gold.

Correct. Not to derail the thread but I had absolutely no interest in him despite what you tried to tell me Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Quote :
New Colts OC Pep Hamilton says he may "mix in some read-option" in 2013. Analysis: "We'll do a great job of mixing in some power runs, mixing in the downfield passing game, maybe even mixing in some wildcat plays, mix in some read-option, pistol-type schemes," Hamilton said. "Just really try and present once again a lot of conflicts for our opponents." Luck certainly has the athleticism to make plays with his feet, but we wouldn't expect a huge uptick on his 2012 running numbers (62 carries for 255 yards and five touchdowns).

After what happened to RGIII I really can't see them pushing their franchise QB much more than they already are.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Awesome game today! In spite of how bad his defense was playing and how far they got behind and despite his turnovers, he kept his head up and kept plugging away and lead his team to the hard fought win! This guy is a leader and a great QB!

The Colts drafted Luck hoping to get a guy who could replace Peyton Manning and they got a guy who is even better than Manning! Andrew Luck is a stud!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Cool 

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:54 pm

I'll hold of on the better than Manning statement at this time. However, he is looking mighty good and the arrows are all pointing up.

Montana to Young
Favre to Rodgers
Manning to Luck

Some teams just piss me off. ARGH!  hairout 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Statistically Luck is better so far than Manning, and that doesn't even take into account how much more athletic he is than the giant headed statue that is Manning!

And when did Manning ever pull off a comeback like that in a game that really mattered? Manning usually plays his worst in the big games... even with the loaded Broncos team he has right now, I think there is a better than 50% chance that he blows another playoff appearance! Peyton Manning is a really good QB, but his legendary status is completely overrated!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Well IMO we have 14 odd yrs of a career vs 2 yrs. I'm not ready to anoint Luck as better at this time. Manning may be a lil annoying with all his hand jive business and line barking. However, he's got great career stats and a Superbowl title. So I give him the advantage at this time. Will he (Luck) be better? Perhaps, that is quite possible. However, that CHEFS "D" isn't exactly the second coming now is it? You even called them "posers". So whooping them isn't exactly taking on the 2000 Ravens or '85 Bears and giving them the Norris-esque roundhouse. Plus, it is one game and some luck was involved. That's all I'm saying.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Luck QB IND   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck QB IND
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: