HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 am

The first DT off the board? Color me shocked. The kid is good, no doubt, but I liked Star and Floyd more than him.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am

Typical Jets pick.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Quote :
New York Jets DE Sheldon Richardson (neck) suffered a neck injury in the first half of the Week 5 game against the San Diego Chargers, and he did not emerge from the locker room after halftime. Richardson is questionable to return.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am

Stud returned to the game eventually.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Quote :
SHELDON RICHARDSON SUSPENDED FOUR GAMES
The Jets' star defensive lineman violated the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

uh oh. Looks like the rook will get a chance early.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:06 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
The Jets' star defensive lineman violated the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

high five

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 am

Another suspension??  WTF is wrong with the guys?!?!  They know they get drug tested, but they still take shit they shouldn't??  I just don't understand

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Taking a page out Josh Gordon's manual for career suicide?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :

Oh yeah!!!!!

Kills me in other leagues though.....................

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Conor Orr NFL.com wrote:
Less than two weeks after the league announced a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, Jets defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson was charged with resisting arrest as well as endangering the welfare of a child in O'Fallon, Missouri.

The 24-year-old Pro Bowler was clocked at speeds of 122, 135 and 143 miles per hour in a 2014 Bentley Silver Spur back on July 14, according to a statement of probable cause issued by the department and obtained by NFL Media. Charges were made official on Thursday. With a 12-year-old in the back seat of the car, Richardson turned off the vehicle's headlights in an effort to evade the police.

The statement said Richardson at one point lost control of the vehicle and slid the rear of the car into oncoming traffic.

The news comes roughly two hours after Richardson appeared at the team's Florham Park facility to publicly address his four-game suspension for the first time.

"I apologize to my teammates and the organization," he said. "I told them you don't have to worry about my name being in the news again."

Todd Bowles, the team's first-year head coach agreed and said that Richardson's actions would speak louder than his words.

At that time, though, Bowles was not aware of the situation at hand. He spent a majority of the practice playing Richardson with the second string.

Though Richardson would not delve into specifics, he cited a particularly turbulent offseason as the source of his troubles.

"I'm not a dope fiend, man," he said. "I can say no. I just chose not to. I was in a depressing time in my offseason, and that's just that."

Per an NFL spokesman, the league is aware of the situation and is looking into the charges levied against Richardson.

Police found a fully-loaded semi-automatic handgun under the driver's seat once they were able to stop Richardson's vehicle. The report noted a "strong odor of burned marijuana" coming from the car.

"We are aware of the situation and are gathering information. This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time," a Jets spokesman told NFL Media.

Toast.

Leonard Williams time.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Yikes. This shit is the most annoying part of fantasy. Before long, MFL will have to start listing arrest records as part of players' stat sheets.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:44 pm

So he was high, going upwards of 143 mph with a loaded weapon under his seat with a minor in the car....well so much for me winning father of the year this year...clearly there is a new leader in the clubhouse.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So he was high, going upwards of 143 mph with a loaded weapon under his seat with a minor in the car....well so much for me winning father of the year this year...clearly there is a new leader in the clubhouse.

Also with the headlights off apparently

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

Damnit.......we own him too. Not a good start for our rookie debut in IDP

Hope he gets some help and turns his life in a different direction

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:57 am

Quote :
"I'm not a dope fiend, man," he said. "I can say no. I just chose not to. I was in a depressing time in my offseason, and that's just that."

That's exactly what someone with a problem in denial would say.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:41 pm

When the Jets picked Leonard Williams, it was perplexing to say the least... they must have had some very deep concerns about Richardson behind the scenes, some of which might just be coming to light...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
When the Jets picked Leonard Williams,  it was perplexing to say the least...   they must have had some very deep concerns about Richardson behind the scenes,  some of which might just be coming to light...

See, I wasn't perplexed, he was the best player on the board. You draft him every time.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
When the Jets picked Leonard Williams,  it was perplexing to say the least...   they must have had some very deep concerns about Richardson behind the scenes,  some of which might just be coming to light...

See, I wasn't perplexed, he was the best player on the board. You draft him every time.

I think it is debatable whether he was the best player on the board, and he certainly wasn't a perceived need from those of us on the outside looking in... at the time it seemed like they passed on getting better at a position of need to create a log jam at DT, not looking like so much now though...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Leonard Williams is a badass. That's all I am saying about that.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm

Leonard Williams is a badass.  That's all I am saying about that.

No argument from me, but the entire top 10 is typically filled with badasses! rock on

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:04 pm

Leonard Williams is a badass.  That's all I am saying about that.

No argument from me,  but the entire top 10 is typically filled with badasses!  rock on

See I won't go that far. I am often perplexed by some of the popular picks. Glad you are on the right side of LW. high five

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 am

The Jets obviously knew something. NFL players redefine stupidity all the time. He will probably be gone for the entire year.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:26 pm

I actually thought they picked him too let Mo Wilkerson walk in FA next year. Now they just may have to pay him.

BTW, Genius here snapped up Williams, that's right.....

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:13 pm

WTF Sheldon!!! These NFLers' kill me with their dumb assed decision making. All you got to do is keep you nose clean for like 8 to 10 years, make a shit pot of money, then go be the ass you are destined to be. Fuckin' bafoons, argh.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:57 pm

NFL suspended Jets DL Sheldon Richardson one game for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The suspension stems from a traffic incident last summer in which Richardson allegedly drove as fast as 143 miles per hour and attempted to evade the officer who was pulling him over. With Richardson on the sidelines Week 1, free-agent addition Jarvis Jenkins should see plenty of snaps. Despite his off-field troubles, the Jets activated Richardson's fifth-year option in April.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Jun 30 - 12:57 PM

143 MPH? surprised

I guess it's true, a police radio is faster than any vehicle.  So he gets suspended for 1 game for the 143mph.  No child endangerment charges even though he had a 12yr old in the vehicle too.  I think at 143mph, everybody is endangered shrug

Any press releases from the Marauders or Mayhem?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ   

Back to top Go down

Sheldon Richardson DT NYJ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: