x

Share | 

James Casey TE PHI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: James Casey TE PHI   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Quote :
Eagles agreed to terms with TE/FB James Casey, formerly of the Texans, to a three-year, $14.5 million contract.

Casey, 28, posted career highs in catches (34), yards (330), and touchdowns (3) last season despite being used incorrectly by the Texans' coaching staff. Casey was often asked to play fullback, but he is a natural tight end and terrific pass catcher at 6-foot-3 and 243 pounds. While we don't necessarily anticipate big fantasy stats, Casey will give Michael Vick an intriguing weapon down the seam and underneath in Chip Kelly's four-wide spread attack.

I have always heard rumblings that Casey was never fully utilized in Houston, and he has a Chris Cooley type of game. As much as I like Celek, the option of having 2 quality starting TE's is only going to help this Eagles offense. We needed another big body receiver type to help us out on 3rd downs and on the goal line. I am excited that the Eagles are going after good football players and not breaking the bank on just big name guys. Casey and Chung should both help out right away.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: James Casey TE PHI   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

So, does this mean Celek is out? I mean, in a 4 wide attack, how often will there be 2 TE sets???

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: James Casey TE PHI   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Hard to say Brad, I think Celek is still option one when it comes to passing to the TE.

[quote]Dan Graziano of ESPN, on why TE James Casey is a good fit for the Eagles: "The idea of someone like Casey, who can function as a blocker, a receiver out of the backfield or a tight end, has to seem exciting to a coach who likes to experiment and stay as multiple as possible on offense. The Eagles can run double-tight end looks with Casey and Brent Celek or line the new guy up in the backfield and force teams to have to account for him as something more than a blocker."[/quote]

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: James Casey TE PHI   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Interesting. I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were touting Casey as having the potential to be one of the next big TE's if he landed in the right spot.

No idea if the Eagles is the right spot though?

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: James Casey TE PHI   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am

Quote :
Coach Chip Kelly referenced Aaron Hernandez twice when talking about newly signed James Casey's role with the Eagles.

Kelly fully expects to use Casey and Brent Celek on the field at the same time, with the versatile Casey filling the "F" spot. "I thought it was just the best case for me to come here and to get an opportunity to see my full potential as a player," Casey said, hinting that he's been promised a bigger role than he had in Houston. Still, the Eagles will be feeding the mouths of LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson first. Casey is a poor bet for true fantasy relevance.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Casey TE PHI   

Back to top Go down

James Casey TE PHI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: