x

Share | 

Ryan Mallett QB HOU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:18 am

Quote :
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were one of two teams to inquire about trading for New England Patriots QB Ryan Mallett Tuesday, March 12, according to a report. They were one of two teams inquiring, with the Cleveland Browns also said to be interested.

I know they said they wanted competition for Freeman but I don't see Mallett pushing him.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 am

I've not been impressed with what I've seen of him so far. I think he's coming along, but I would not be rejoicing if my team brought him in with a chance to start, which you have to figure he'd have if a teams gives up a 2nd rounder for him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am

Quote :
Ryan Mallett's arm continues to draw rave reviews at Patriots practices. Analysis: The 6'6/238 Mallett is stuck behind Tom Brady once again this season, but his name continues to pop up as a potential NFL starter down the line. He'll be a free agent following the 2014 season. "He's got arm strength like I've never seen. Ever. He uses that really well," Shane Vereen said.

I hope Brady goes down so we can finally see if there's any truth to the hype.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm

The next Aaron Rodgers?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Quote :
(FFChamps)Texans quarterback Ryan Mallett was named the starter for Week 11 against the Browns.

Analysis: Houston is on a bye this week, but once they come out out of it, Mallett will be under center. Coach Bill O'Brien praised his grasp of the offense, and now Mallett will have a nice opportunity to produce on a solid football team.

Well, I was right he would end up there. Now, we'll see if he is worth a shit.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:48 pm

laughing

Another of my players deemed useless... Although Fitzpatrick arguably already was...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Justin slacking again. wink HOU

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:03 pm

I totally don't dig through all the threads to update them. Once they're bumped I will. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:19 pm

I don't know much about Mallett but I love to see young QB's get a chance. You never know when the next Young, Favre, Rodgers or Brady is going to come along. I think there are a lot of good QB's out there that don't get a legit shot. The window of opportunity to show what you got is too small sometimes or a young QB is put in a no win situation. I know Mallett got to sit behind Brady and learn from the Patriots, pretty good tutors right there.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 pm

And there goes that....

Quote :
(RotoWire) Mallett's season is over after he suffered a torn right pectoral muscle in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: A tough break for Mallett in his second start for the Texans. Currently in the last year of his rookie deal, the quarterback -- who is in line to undergo surgery -- is slated to hit free agency this offseason, so it's possible that Sunday's contest may be his last one in a Houston uniform. In Mallett's absence, look for Ryan Fitzpatrick to return as the Texans' starter at QB on Sunday against the Titans.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:38 am

Keep this in mind if you think it matters during trade talks or a new start up. (might not matter alot, but he still is the possible starter)

Drew Dougherty of the Texans' official website expects free agent QB Ryan Mallett to be Houston's Week 1 starter.

Mallett seems very likely to re-sign with the Texans after they traded for him and were the ones to give him his long-awaited shot last season before he tore his pectoral after making one start. He's even been working out at the Texans' facility this offseason. The Texans could release Ryan Fitzpatrick and make second-year signal caller Tom Savage the backup. Mallett has a huge arm but is as statuesque as they come in the pocket. Mallett turns 27 in June.
Source: houstontexans.com
Feb 16 - 8:11 PM

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 am

I am really starting to feel bad for Andre. The dude just needs a good QB, and not this unproven mess of QBs they have in Houston.

Here is a hint Houston your team is setup for success, so just go out and find a competent QB! Guess what, you do that and you have a team that could be dangerous

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:27 pm

The QB play didn't seem to hinder Hopkins... I think the issues with AJ are broader than just QB play, the guy is old and end is near. I started selling any shares I had of him 2 years ago...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I am really starting to feel bad for Andre.  The dude just needs a good QB, and not this unproven mess of QBs they have in Houston.  

Here is a hint Houston your team is setup for success, so just go out and find a competent QB!  Guess what, you do that and you have a team that could be dangerous

Problem is there are not enough competent QB's to cover 32 teams. Hell, I'm not sure there are enough to cover 26 teams. Sometimes when you get stuck in the QB wasteland you wander the wilderness for ages before finding the guy to deliver your team from bondage. That is what makes the Packers and Colts fans so lucky. They go from stud to stud and end up with 25 years of QB play not being an issue.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I am really starting to feel bad for Andre.  The dude just needs a good QB, and not this unproven mess of QBs they have in Houston.  

Here is a hint Houston your team is setup for success, so just go out and find a competent QB!  Guess what, you do that and you have a team that could be dangerous

Problem is there are not enough competent QB's to cover 32 teams. Hell, I'm not sure there are enough to cover 26 teams. Sometimes when you get stuck in the QB wasteland you wander the wilderness for ages before finding the guy to deliver your team from bondage. That is what makes the Packers and Colts fans so lucky. They go from stud to stud and end up with 25 years of QB play not being an issue.

coffee

You bring up a good point. I think that is why I am so hard on other teams and QB's because we, as Packer fans, are completely spoiled and don't know what other teams and fans are going through.

You really got me thinking now

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:52 pm

I think the problem here is that Houston hasn't even tried to draft one since they flopped on Carr.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:36 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The QB play didn't seem to hinder Hopkins...   I think the issues with AJ are broader than just QB play,   the guy is old and end is near.   I started selling any shares I had of him 2 years ago...

AJ is a monster (on older more petrified monster now) but he still gets all the double team plays. Hopkins doesnt. He is better than his matchup usually.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 am

Quote :
Coach Bill O'Brien insisted there's no leader in his quarterback competition.

There have been a lot of whispers saying Brian Hoyer will end up getting the nod over Ryan Mallett. "That would be absolutely untrue," O'Brien said. "Every play, every day is evaluated. These guys are very even. No decisions have been made." Even if O'Brien has made up his mind, the former Bill Belichick assistant wouldn't tell the media anyway.

I have been hanging on to Mallett since his rookie season just on a prayer. I have begged for Brady to go down, and I rejoiced when he got this opportunity. I know he is not a stud, but please just let him win this job to get a chance.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Working out with the Ravens today. He ain't dead yet.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:30 pm

They'd be better off calling Troy Smith

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Ravens are digging at the bottom of the barrel aren't they laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Making the rounds...

Quote :
Ravens signed QB Ryan Mallett, formerly of the Texans.

This is about as desperate as it gets, but so is the Ravens' 2015. Coach John Harbaugh's team has suffered a hard-to-believe amount of injuries on offense. Bringing Mallett aboard is an indication Matt Schaub (chest) will miss Week 16, leaving another start for Jimmy Clausen. Mallett is a sub-replacement level player who doesn't "get it" off the field. He'll have a hard time finding work in 2016.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mallett QB HOU   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Mallett QB HOU
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: