HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Chase Daniel QB PHI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 am

Quote :
Daniel agreed to a three-year deal with Kansas City on Tuesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: Although he's a former undrafted rookie who's paid his dues on the practice squad and the bottom of the New Orleans depth chart since 2009, it's still a little surprising that Daniel didn't land with a team where he can compete for a starting role. He'll back up Alex Smith with the Chiefs.

Getting crowded in KC!


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 am

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Kansas City Chiefs QB Chase Daniel can void his deal any year he throws for more than 2,000 yards and 12 touchdowns. He is guaranteed $4.8 million.

Well that's an interesting clause.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 771

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 am

I can see him actually giving Smith a run for the starting spot. He sat behind and was taught by Brees for 3 years and from what playing time he got in the pre season showed some real promise. As a Saints fan I hated to see him leave but I don't blame him one bit.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8757

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:46 am

Following the trade of Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel is set to open the season as the Eagles' starter.

Even though Daniel will likely be under center Week 1, he is just keeping the spot warm for No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz. Daniel has made two career starts, both with the Chiefs, completing a total of 50 passes for 464 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in his six-year career. Even in a great matchup against the Browns Week 1, he will not be worth using in season-long. He could be an interesting near-minimum-price option in DFS.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3441

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 am

England Dragons wrote:
Following the trade of Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel is set to open the season as the Eagles' starter.

Even though Daniel will likely be under center Week 1, he is just keeping the spot warm for No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz. Daniel has made two career starts, both with the Chiefs, completing a total of 50 passes for 464 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in his six-year career. Even in a great matchup against the Browns Week 1, he will not be worth using in season-long. He could be an interesting near-minimum-price option in DFS.

This is excellent news for my late 2nd round pick Wentz! His time will now come sooner than later. #stoked


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2601

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:48 am

Best thing about "clicking-on" a Chase Daniel thread; I got a chance to see a post by a former member I never heard of, in the Duffers...Original owner, with a nice logo and theme...Karl Spackler as his defensive coach; gotta love it. laughing


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6855

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Carson Wentz will start against the Browns in Week 1 if he's recovered from his ribs injury.
Wentz has been sidelined since taking a colossal hit in the first preseason game, but the Eagles are ready to throw him into the fire after trading Sam Bradford. Wentz has reportedly looked heads and shoulders above Chase Daniel in practice. It still wouldn't be surprising to see Daniel get the call in Week 1 — the Eagles have little incentive to rush Wentz if his health isn't ready yet — but they're clearly going to be as aggressive as is reasonable.

Well that didn't last long


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2601

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Carson Wentz will start against the Browns in Week 1 if he's recovered from his ribs injury.
Wentz has been sidelined since taking a colossal hit in the first preseason game, but the Eagles are ready to throw him into the fire after trading Sam Bradford. Wentz has reportedly looked heads and shoulders above Chase Daniel in practice. It still wouldn't be surprising to see Daniel get the call in Week 1 — the Eagles have little incentive to rush Wentz if his health isn't ready yet — but they're clearly going to be as aggressive as is reasonable.

Well that didn't last long

lol3

Shortest starting role in NFL history???

Quote :
A source told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo that Chase Daniel is "not happy" the Eagles plan to start Carson Wentz (ribs) when healthy.
Despite barely playing in the preseason, the Eagles want to go with Wentz once he's recovered from his ribs injury, which could be as soon as Week 1. While we understand Daniel's frustration, he did nothing to help himself in August by turning in poor preseason performance after poor preseason performance. A career backup, Daniel will resume his usual role when Wentz gets back.  


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3010

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Carson Wentz will start against the Browns in Week 1 if he's recovered from his ribs injury.
Wentz has been sidelined since taking a colossal hit in the first preseason game, but the Eagles are ready to throw him into the fire after trading Sam Bradford. Wentz has reportedly looked heads and shoulders above Chase Daniel in practice. It still wouldn't be surprising to see Daniel get the call in Week 1 — the Eagles have little incentive to rush Wentz if his health isn't ready yet — but they're clearly going to be as aggressive as is reasonable.

Well that didn't last long

lol3

Shortest starting role in NFL history???

Quote :
A source told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo that Chase Daniel is "not happy" the Eagles plan to start Carson Wentz (ribs) when healthy.
Despite barely playing in the preseason, the Eagles want to go with Wentz once he's recovered from his ribs injury, which could be as soon as Week 1. While we understand Daniel's frustration, he did nothing to help himself in August by turning in poor preseason performance after poor preseason performance. A career backup, Daniel will resume his usual role when Wentz gets back.  

Dang! He didn't even play a game to look bad, and lose his starting job. laughing


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7828

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:28 pm

can i claim accidental add???  shrug


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
can i claim accidental add???  shrug

What's the excuse for the rest of your roster? Evil laugh


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7828

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
can i claim accidental add???  shrug

What's the excuse for the rest of your roster? Evil laugh
 same!


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5913

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:33 pm

They probably figure playing Wentz and letting him take the bumps now is better even it losing games is at stake so next year matters more.  He also might not be as terrible as we keep hearing.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3754

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
can i claim accidental add???  shrug

What's the excuse for the rest of your roster? Evil laugh

Damn, that one was harsh. Shawn is the RW "Grumpster." His Minions have become more like Onions.

Cool


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3010

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
They probably figure playing Wentz and letting him take the bumps now is better even it losing games is at stake so next year matters more.  He also might not be as terrible as we keep hearing.

May as well go with Wentz. What's he gonna learn on the bench with watching Daniels? I wouldn't suspect much. So throw him into the fire and see what he's got. Then you'll have an idea which direction to go next season. I'm actually impressed with what Philly got for Bradford on the trade so I don't blame them for pulling the trigger on that deal.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1463

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Surprised as Pederson was basically in the same role with a rookie McNabb in 1999. He and Daniel are boys too. Would have thought Chase would get the 1st 6 games or so. Im still not sold Wentz is gonna be starting Week 1 with no real preseason.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22996

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Has Chase Daniel ever been given a shot? Obviously coaches have practices so maybe he doesn't deserve one but at the same time, if a guy is worth rostering then he should be good enough to get one shot someday, wouldn't ya think? Wentz wasn't the guy yesterday so I think they should give CD the start and see what he can do.


Back to top Go down
Online
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7828

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Has Chase Daniel ever been given a shot? Obviously coaches have practices so maybe he doesn't deserve one but at the same time, if a guy is worth rostering then he should be good enough to get one shot someday, wouldn't ya think?  Wentz wasn't the guy yesterday so I think they should give CD the start and see what he can do.
thats what i woulda thought, plus the coach knew him from KC and gave him a good chunk of cash to be there


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3441

PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:34 am

Wentz is a top 5 pick in the draft, so you kinda have to start him. Daniel is just another backup QB, with a hoping he can start at some point. But in reality, he's nothing but a spot starter and needs to get used to holding a clip board.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chase Daniel QB PHI   

Back to top Go down
 
Chase Daniel QB PHI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: