Share | 

Karlos Dansby LB CLE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Quote :
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

After signing Ellerbe, the Dolphins are releasing LB Karlos Dansby, who had 134 tackles last season

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm

oh the joys of IDP football

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Booooo! Hopefully Dansby can catch on somewhere and play, he still has something left, obviously!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 pm

interesting.. Wonder where he will go

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 am

Quote :
The Miami Dolphins asked free-agent LB Karlos Dansby (Dolphins) to restructure his five-year, $42.5 million contract; however, he declined. As a result, he was released.

That'll do it.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Quote :
Free agent ILB Karlos Dansby says he's received interest from the Jets, Texans and Falcons.

Dansby, who started all 16 games for the Dolphins last year, has visited with the Cardinals, Bengals and Bills as well. He'll be 32 in November, but is coming off a career-high 134 tackles and graded out as a top-13 3-4 inside linebacker. Dansby is trying to leverage his way into guaranteed money on a multi-year deal.

Sounds like he can still play at a high level and teams are interested in him, just that the ball is in his court.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 am

(Rotoworld) Cardinals agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Dolphins, on a one-year contract. Analysis: Coming off a 16-start, 1,123-snap season for the Dolphins, Dansby will hold down the fort while burgeoning superstar Daryl Washington serves his four-game suspension. With Jasper Brinkley and Lorenzo Alexander competing for the Cardinals' other inside linebacker spot, Dansby should see plenty of snaps even upon Washington's return. Dansby is going on 32, but was Pro Football Focus' No. 13 inside linebacker last season. It's a solid signing for the rebuilding Cardinals.
Quote :

may hurt Minter's value

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am

Dammit

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 am

That all but kills Brinkley's value, he's nothing more than depth at this point...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

banana in tux

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm

I can't help but enjoy it when others fantasy teams get hurt by things like this...LOL..its all fun and games til its my team.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
That all but kills Brinkley's value, he's nothing more than depth at this point...

I was hoping Brinkley would at least do something - but oh well not much investment
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I can't help but enjoy it when others fantasy teams get hurt by things like this...LOL..its all fun and games til its my team.

problem it usually seems like its my team getting hurt
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Washington likely in for additional ban??

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Fri May 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Washington likely in for additional ban??

sounds like it is very possible
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am

Quote :
AzCardinals.com doesn't consider free agent ILB Karlos Dansby a candidate for the franchise tag. Analysis: Dansby - who was tagged twice during his first go-round in Arizona - would be due $10.9 million under the tag. Dansby is coming off a monster year, but the cap-strapped Cardinals can't commit that kind of money to a 32 year old. Dansby expects to be back with the Cardinals in 2014, but he'll reach the open market if the sides can't hammer out a deal before March 11.

I didn't realize he was that old.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:43 am

line backer is a position like QB on the offensive side of the ball. the good ones can play at a high level well into their 30's.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow - really thought the Cards would have fought to keep him after last season.

Browns agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Cardinals, on a four-year, $24 million contract.

The deal includes $10 million in the first year and $14 million guaranteed. The Browns are paying a hefty premium for a 32-year-old player that only garnered a one-year, $2.25 million contract a year ago, but they are getting an upgrade on D'Qwell Jackson. New coach Mike Pettine can plug Dansby into his 3-4 scheme and expect plus grades against the run as well as the pass. Dansby piled up 114 tackles, 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 pass breakups as a key cog in the desert last year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 pm

shrug

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Dansby is really good, but he isnt worth that kind of money. Cleveland is so desperate to win that they are going to overspend on finding players.

Just because your have a truckload of money to spend, they should spend it wisely.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Excellent landing spot for fantasy. He won't put up 2013 numbers but will still be a fantasy LB#1 in Cleveland.

vote yes 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Not sure I agree Craig.

He has missed a whopping total of 8 games in 10 years, only 2 since the beginning of the 2008 season.

Then posts the season he did last year.

His numbers will decline, but I'm betting he has 2 good years and 1 average year left in him.

Also, Rotoworld had him ranked as the #2 Inside Backer. That's ahead of Daryl Smith/Jon Beason/Angerer. That speaks volumes for me.

Obviously, the Browns agreed.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Cut.

Wonder how quickly he's back in AZ.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Either Hue Jackson won't be as good as I thought, or he has no say whatsoever. How is it possible to deplete a depleted roster?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:48 pm

I think they are going full on complete rebuild. I bet Joe Thomas gets traded next. I mean, why keep these "pieces" if you know you're going to blow chunk for the next 2 years.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I think they are going full on complete rebuild.  I bet Joe Thomas gets traded next.  I mean, why keep these "pieces" if you know you're going to blow chunk for the next 2 years.

Why blow chunk for 2 years? I just don't get the idea of "full on rebuild." It's not like they traded Dansby for picks. Plus they are letting young talent walk. It makes no sense whatsoever

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:55 pm

I think they are going full on complete rebuild.  I bet Joe Thomas gets traded next.  I mean, why keep these "pieces" if you know you're going to blow chunk for the next 2 years.

I would have killed to have Joe Thomas for his career. What a waste. Factory. Of. Sadness.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Word in Cleveland is nobody wants to play for the Browns. Dansby must be doing cartwheels.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Word in Cleveland is nobody wants to play for the Browns.  Dansby must be doing cartwheels.

Didn't Kaepernick expressly say he want to play for the Browns?
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 pm

I hope he goes to GB! I don't give a shit how old he is, he is way better than the bums we have in the middle right now

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Why blow chunk for 2 years? I just don't get the idea of "full on rebuild." It's not like they traded Dansby for picks. Plus they are letting young talent walk. It makes no sense whatsoever

I think the only reason they cut Dansby is because of the Demario Davis signing earlier. It kinda made him expendable. But I agree, I am not sure what is going on with that organization dizzy

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:51 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I hope he goes to GB!  I don't give a shit how old he is, he is way better than the bums we have in the middle right now

He is old as hell, but dude can play. I hope he signs with a team that at least gets him to the playoffs...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Dansby is a tackling machine still and I too hope he signs on somewhere that has playoff potential. Maybe he can place the losses in Denver?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Dansby LB CLE   

Back to top Go down

Karlos Dansby LB CLE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: