x

Share | 

David Carr QB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: David Carr QB FA   Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, New York Giants impending free-agent QB David Carr is expected to test free agency because he wants to find a team where he can compete for the starting job.
He just might get a shot too.  Of course this will be the year Eli breaks his leg.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Quote :

David Carr hasn't started an NFL game since 2007, but he continues to stay steadily employed with the New York Giants.

Carr re-signed with New York on Tuesday, coming to terms on a one-year deal according to Mike Garafolo of USA Today. Carr also reportedly received interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where his old quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan is the coordinator.

There was some chatter that the former No. 1 overall pick of the Houston Texans could get a better opportunity for snaps elsewhere in a shallow market, but the market isn't that shallow. Carr makes a good living as a perfectly capable backup, but he's not a guy that teams want starting games for them. With Eli Manning up to 135 consecutive games started, Carr can expect to sit and watch for another season.

rock on

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm

"Better to be thought a shitty quarterback than to take some snaps and remove all doubt."
Abe Lincoln

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
"Better to be thought a shitty quarterback than to take some snaps and remove all doubt."
Abe Lincoln

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 pm

CUT

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 am

I didn't even realize he was still on a team.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:08 am

My memory of David Carr is a little different. He came out of Fresno State as a capable player with a good arm and better than good accuracy. He was by no means mobile though. The Texans drafted him first in the expansion draft and let him get killed for two seasons. He was sacked more than any other QB EVER over the span of his tenure in Houston. They ruined the guy. He couldn't deal with the rush, seeing shadows and making bad passes when even the chance of being sacked was there.

He seems to have finally gotten over it but I think it may be too little too late.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Carr QB FA   

Back to top Go down

David Carr QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: