x

Share | 

Ziggy Ansah DE DET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Quote :
BYU DE Ziggy Ansah ran forty times of 4.62 and 4.65 at the NFL Scouting Combine. Analysis: Ansah's official time won't be announced until later Monday, but to put those numbers into perspective, they're the exact same two unofficial times posted by Wisconsin RB Montee Ball. Ansah is beginning to look locked-in as a top-ten pick.

I really thought the Giants would have a shot at this guy. Doubtful now.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Crazy he has only been playing football for 3 years. Tons of crazy stories about him here locally as he played at BYU.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 am

#5 overall to the Lions!

I wasn't a fan of this pick. We'll see how it pans out.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 am

This has bust written all over it IMO. Who knows though, maybe the next JPP

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Wed May 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Fluff response to a fans question about Ziggy Ansah from a chat with a Lions beat writer:

Quote :
Chris McCosky: Let me preface all comments about rookie camp by saying, it was rookie camp. They were in jerseys and helmets and doing mostly position drills, and doing them against other rooks and tryout players. That said, his athleticism is undeniable. He was by the end of the three days, unblockable. The rawness is also undeniable. But he's exciting

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Quote :
Ansah (abdomen) is questionable for Sunday's game against Chicago. Analysis: Ansah was a limited practice participant all week, but he evidently isn't a lock to suit up against the Bears. Hopefully the rookie can get on the field Sunday, because he really broke out against Washington last week, posting seven tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in his first career start.
Hope he plays.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Ansah (abdomen) is questionable for Sunday's game against Chicago. Analysis: Ansah was a limited practice participant all week, but he evidently isn't a lock to suit up against the Bears. Hopefully the rookie can get on the field Sunday, because he really broke out against Washington last week, posting seven tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in his first career start.
Hope he plays.
Yeah, was planning to start him this week. Arse.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

Quote :
Detroit Lions DE Ziggy Ansah (shoulder, biceps) won't be ready for offseason workouts and will be brought along slowly. Ansah had surgery on his shoulder, but he also had a biceps issue last season. "He may have had an issue with it of some sort and, oftentimes, those things are interconnected, as you well know," head coach Jim Caldwell said.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 am

okay.. Not bitching about not getting any stats from Ansah against the Bears, but can someone explain to me what a Forced Fumble is???

Ansah had a goose-egg and I know I saw him force a fumble.

As I'm watching the game, I see Ansah tackle Forte... Forte fumbles and the ball bounces right back to him... Any reason why this wouldn't be considered a Forced Fumble???

https://fansided.com/2015/10/18/matt-forte-fumble-lions-video/

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
okay.. Not bitching about not getting any stats from Ansah against the Bears, but can someone explain to me what a Forced Fumble is???

As I'm watching the game, I see Ansah tackle Forte... Forte fumbles and the ball bounces right back to him... Any reason why this wouldn't be considered a Forced Fumble???

Maybe because Forte got it right back? I don't know though.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Maybe because Forte got it right back? I don't know though.

I can see the argument that it should be credited as a forced fumble for Ansah and a fumble + recovery for Forte. The ball never even hits the ground though so I feel like Forte never really entirely "lost possession" of the football. If it hit the ground, rolled around and he came out of a scrum with it I'd think it'd be credited as a fumble.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 pm

FUMBLE
Article 3 Fumble. A fumble is any act, other than a pass or kick, which results in a loss of player possession.

From: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

I'd guess that stat corrections will fix this... or perhaps they're saying he hadn't made a football move yet and thus he was just finishing the "catch"!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:50 pm

That's the only thing I coudl think of Justin -- that because it didn't hit the ground, it doesn't count.

I don't know, it's just strange. Announcers were like Ansah forced the fumble & then he's not even credited with a tackle. haha.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Not sure how that is ruled either, he sort of lost possession but without it hitting the ground maybe that doesn't qualify... It will be interesting to see if a stat correction does happen for that play, wouldn't surprise me...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:37 am

It was stat changed...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:11 am

Sonuva!

Starting Training Camp on PUP. Apparently, it's precautionary, but with Ziggy, you never know.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Ansah DE DET   

Back to top Go down

Ziggy Ansah DE DET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: