:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Damontre Moore DE NYG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm

So, Damontre Moore had a pretty disappointing performance at the combine. This guy was in discussions for the number 1 overall DE and a possible top 10 pick. His 40 times and overall explosion were not what many were expecting. But perhaps the biggest concern was that he only put up 12 reps in the bench press! Some of the other DL put it up well over 30 times, but to really put it into perspective, Tavon Austin the small WR put up 14 reps yesterday! Looks like he might start falling down the boards a bit. Maybe he will do better at his pro day...
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 pm

cslarsenx20 wrote:
So, Damontre Moore had a pretty disappointing performance at the combine. This guy was in discussions for the number 1 overall DE and a possible top 10 pick. His 40 times and overall explosion were not what many were expecting. But perhaps the biggest concern was that he only put up 12 reps in the bench press! Some of the other DL put it up well over 30 times, but to really put it into perspective, Tavon Austin the small WR put up 14 reps yesterday! Looks like he might start falling down the boards a bit. Maybe he will do better at his pro day...

This is why I don't like the combine. I'm not going to say that this guy will be anything, because I haven't even heard his name before, but how often does a DE have to chase a QB down 40 yards? Now the bench press is a different story. I'm not sure how he could have done so poorly, but even with the bench press, you aren't really bench pressing on Oline out of the way. I definitely understand the concern, but I would much rather see these guys doing drills that have at least something that has to do with their job.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Giants got a steal here says I.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Absolutely, he has 1st round talent IMO.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Mon May 09, 2016 7:09 pm

...Fast Forward Three Years, and:  Welcome to Oakland young fella.  Now, get your head on straight!!  Not much at risk...We'll see.

CSN Bay Area wrote:
Raiders signed DE Damontre Moore, formerly of the Dolphins.
Although Moore has flamed out with the Fins and Giants, he flashed useful pass-rush ability as a rotational player early in his career, and is not yet 24 years old. He's a worthwhile flyer for the suddenly talent-collecting Raiders.

Quote :
On one side there is a "troubled" young man who struggles with his emotions. It got defensive end Damontre Moore cut by the Giants in his third season despite having talent and being a third-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

On the other side is a young man who is quick to get involved in charity work off the field and seems at home working with kids. It's a young man who went to school in the off-season because he was intent on fulfilling promises to earn a degree from Texas A&M University. Moore has aspirations to obtain a law degree after his playing career ends.

Moore will get another chance. Somebody will likely claim him off waivers by Monday. This is a player with talent still working on his rookie contract. Moore is scheduled to make $675,000 next season.  Somebody will see a young man who simply needs some work channeling his emotions. Most who know Moore would not say he is a bad man, just a troubled kid trying to navigate the shark-filled waters of the NFL.

The enigma that is Damontre Moore was never solved by the Giants or Dolphins, maybe Jack Del Rio can get him on track?  

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 am

Huge talent. Moron. Fingers crossed for him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damontre Moore DE NYG   

Back to top Go down

Damontre Moore DE NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: