Christine Michael RB IND

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 am

DDT wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
How did CM gain so much value?  and how has he kept it?   All he has been since entering the league is a 3rd string RB who barely touches the ball and has not flashed anything special when he has gotten chances.    Now he may be on the roster bubble behind an undrafted FA...

He always had a bit of hype but was still going late 1st/early 2nd in rookie drafts.  I think that the hype really got crazy in his rookie preseason.  He had one really good game against the Packers but half his yards came on a 43-yard run.  He also had a decent game against the Chargers.  I think that the flash of potential, along with the thought that anyone can run behind Seattle's line and Lynch is getting older made everyone think that they had the next Shaun Alexander.  It's really not that much different than the Kniles Davis situation although Kniles did put up some decent regular season numbers last year.

Yeah, Lynch was 27 years old when Michael was drafted, so he was getting really really old.

Is it just me, or does it seem strange to have a politically incorrect last name?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 am

I won't modify many topics, but I had to do it on this one. It's been driving me crazy for a while.

I changed it from
Christine Michaels RB SEA

to
Christine Michael RB SEA

Way to go Bambam

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem strange to have a politically incorrect last name?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
How did CM gain so much value?  and how has he kept it?   All he has been since entering the league is a 3rd string RB who barely touches the ball and has not flashed anything special when he has gotten chances.    Now he may be on the roster bubble behind an undrafted FA...

I don't think he's kept his value at all.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:56 am

That all said, the Michael hate seems to be a little overboard. Yes, he looks like a bust, but I don't think he was as hyped as people remember at draft time. I took him at 2.12 in the TT draft - behind other RB's named Marcus Lattimore, Jonathan Franklin, and Montee Ball. Not to mention Robert Woods, Aaron Dobson, Just Hunter...freaking Tavon Austin went at 1.01 and Cordarelle was at 1.04.

Yeah he looks like a bust, but he's not even a top 5 bust in that class.

He went even later in DD, someone got him at 3.08 there. Good gamble there. So I don't really see the "overhype," but maybe that was just in this league

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:08 am

How early was that draft? I remember him going later just after the NFL draft and then the hype machine started to ramp up. You could get him in the 2nd round in a few early drafts (I thought I hit the lottery getting him and Lattimore in one draft with 2 2nd round picks) but he started going in the late first round towards the end of May and even higher as the offseason progressed.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 am

First week of May.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 am

He was drafted in the 2nd round of one of my rookie drafts, mid 2nd. I can't remember others, but in that draft we wait until the last week of July to draft, and the hype train was full freight train strong.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:03 pm

The hype train really started picking up later in the summer after he was drafted, in RW and other early drafts I am in he was still under the radar a bit, but by the end of summer he was going late 1st to mid 2nd in rookie drafts... And then later that season and throughout the following offseason I started hearing about multiple trades where people were getting 1st and/or 2nd round picks for the guy, despite the fact that he was the 3rd stringer behind Turbin all along. Only recently has his value started to decline but there are still plenty of owners who consider him a strong hold or would want 2nd or 3rd round picks for him in a trade... I just never saw enough from to justify the value he was carrying. My only regret is not getting him in any of my leagues, I would have loved to be able to trade him and turn that 3rd stringer into a 1st or 2nd round rookie pick!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:52 am

Per ROTO

Cowboys acquired RB Christine Michael from the Seahawks for a conditional draft pick.
It's a smart flier for the RB-needy Cowboys, and the best-case scenario for the uber-talented Michael after he languished behind Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin on the depth chart the past two seasons. Michael has obviously been overvalued in fantasy circles, but his raw physical ability still jumps off the page. He'll be put in position to succeed by shrewd OC Pat Linehan behind Dallas' league-best offensive line. There's a chance Michael ends up just as buried in Dallas as he was in Seattle, but he's very much worth a flier behind Joseph Randle, Lance Dunbar and Darren McFadden. There are carries there for the taking in Big D.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:53 am

Lets see if he can beat out the rag tag team The cowboys have. IF not then he can go away forever....

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:55 pm

The proverbial rubber has now hit the road. C Mike is a Cowboy, they have a top ranked line, a solid run game, and a solid pass game. No excuses now, he'll either deliver the mail or slink into the abyss. Clock is now officially ticking with his exit from Seattle.

coffee

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:31 pm

According to ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer, the Cowboys' trade for Christian Michael is "more about insurance and depth."

For good reason, the Cowboys don't have much faith in underwear/cologne bandit Joseph Randle or oft-injured Darren McFadden. They want depth in the backfield, and Michael has a lot of talent even if deficiencies elsewhere in his game have limited C-Mike's playing time dating back to Texas A&M. Archer writes Michael is unlikely to become "the guy" at running back. "The Cowboys have planned to go with a committee, perhaps headed by Randle and split up with McFadden and (Lance) Dunbar," Archer wrote. "Now they can add Michael to the list."

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Interesting... Though I still cringe when a report like the one posted by Norfolk claims that Michael is "uber-talented"! Really? He was a 3rd stringer in Seattle who would have been cut if he wasn't traded, and he hasn't done anything to this point in the NFL.

Seriously, WTF?... he is probably the only 3rd string player who was on the roster bubble that gets referred to as "uber-talented"! Fucking silly...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Saw on Twitter he was traded for Mark Ingram in one league. Tevin Coleman in another.

I wasn't planning on having anything from him this year. I still don't, but at least he's behind Randle now, who I own. Shruuuuuuuuuug.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Wow. Can't believe people are paying that much for him.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Wow.  Can't believe people are paying that much for him.

Yeah, well there's a reason they were put on Twitter - they're absurd. That said I bet there's a lot of leagues where people are happily throwing 2nd round picks at the Michael owner. Literally could not have gone to a better situation.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Great situation...Poor talent.  Never bought in; and don't think he does much in Big D.  If I owned him, I'd "try" to sell, value will never get any higher.

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Great situation...Poor talent.  Never bought in; and don't think he does much in Big D.  If I owned him, I'd "try" to sell, value will ever get any higher.

Weren't you paying attention, forget about the fact that Seattle sold him for pennies... he is clearly an "uber-talent"... ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Oh shit...You're right Chris. Anyone selling???? lol3

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Just saw someone trade Julius Thomas for him. Not that I'm a fan of Julius but still.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:18 pm

I think it's funny how close-minded some of you sound. It's not like it's unprecedented for a player to do nothing at his first team, then succeed in a new place. Michael is talented in the sense of the raw ability that he has, but obviously there are a lot of other reasons that a player can fail that don't have to do with a lack of talent.

He's gone to a great offense with the best OL in the league, and please point out the "uber-talented" player that the Cowboys have at RB.

I really hate that I've become a Michael supporter now because I'm not big on his hype and would've given him away for nothing yesterday, but some here seem to be on the other end of the spectrum.

He's unlikely to hit, but to deny his ceiling is a little silly too.

And it's not just because I own him - part of the reason I think he is in a better position now is because the players in front of him aren't that good, including Randle, who I also own.

But yeah, we can all laugh at the people trading proven players for him, that's insane.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:19 pm

It will be interesting how the Cowboys RB sitch plays out. They may all suck...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:29 am

They will try and try to stuff the ball down Randles throat, and he will be mediocre and possibly get injured. DMC will get injured on the way to the cafeteria, CMike will be more mediocre. But man that line is good, so maybe that will mask some average back play.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Or maybe the OL won't be awesome again...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:26 am

Start up the hype machine, Michael may possibly get a chance to start or see increased carries:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/13884292/dallas-cowboys-consider-starting-rb-christine-michael-lg-lael-collins

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:54 pm

More and more mediocre crap. I am glad I have avoided the cowboy RB's altogether in every league I am in. Junk.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
More and more mediocre crap. I am glad I have avoided the cowboy RB's altogether in every league I am in. Junk.

laughing Says the Lacy/Starks owner.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

laughing Says the Lacy/Starks owner.

But the difference is that Lacy will turn it up. Same thing last year, started out banged up, fantasy owners freaked out, but he comes around.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I got Randle for cheap during the off-season because everyone knew that the Cowboys were going to bring in someone new. He's RB11 right now.

Should I not be glad? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:13 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I got Randle for cheap during the off-season because everyone knew that the Cowboys were going to bring in someone new. He's RB11 right now.

Should I not be glad? Crying or Very sad

If you got him on the cheap that's good. I think that RB11 will drop as the season goes down, but that's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am

Michael sucks and will suck when he gets the start!  Never understood the hype on this guy?   confused

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:06 pm

The real problem is the Cowboys suck. But sucking might help fantasy production.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:58 pm

And the fun continues. CMike just got cut again:

Hit the road jack!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:19 pm

My Name is CMike, and I am a .... Fantasy Football Turd.

Hope you didn't use a Number Two on Me ... Evil laugh ... ewww, Peee-u

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:07 pm

So much promise, so little delivery.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Free cap years banana in tux

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Can't even make the Cowboys RB depth chart? What a bum!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:10 pm

He's Baaaaack...Just in time to save the Hawks, and possibly your Fantasy team. wink ROTFLMAO

ESPN wrote:
ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia expects Christine Michael and Bryce Brown to share the early-down workload in Week 15 against the Browns, with Fred Jackson playing in passing situations.
Specifically, Kapadia tweeted he expects C-Mike and Brown to "share carries," with Jackson "taking over on third down." There isn't a more volatile backfield in football, and to say we have an idea of how many carries each running back will get would be pretending. It's very likely that the Seahawks themselves have not even begun to decide. "He's been with us for a long time, so he does have a lot of background," coach Pete Carroll said after Michael was re-signed. "That doesn't mean he's going to be the featured guy or starter or anything like that. He's just coming in here and trying to help us out, and we'll see how that works out."

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:28 am

Here we go again with this Rolling Eyes bum!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm

I think that means is that they are going to try to hold the ball together when they run with it. Neither of them can hold onto the ball by themselves, so maybe with 4 hands on the ball, they can keep it off the ground.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:03 pm

CMike Back in Seattle, seems like a re-run of a really really bad tv show, that came from a mediocre movie, that came from a so-so short story.

BLEH! vote no

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
CMike Back in Seattle, seems like a re-run of a really really bad tv show, that came from a mediocre movie, that came from a so-so short story.

BLEH! vote no

Yeah, he needs to go away.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:49 am

He sucks. Enough said.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:26 pm

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh brother!! 16 for 84...Have now seen it all this season. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:35 am

Surprisingly the internet didn't implode last night with CMike finally having a solid game. I think that this guarantees that Lynch is gone next year and Seattle rolls with Rawls and CMike, although CMike is a RFA next year. But I can't see there being a lot of interest in him given how many times he was released this year.

The big question, if this happens, is does Lynch retire and, if not, where does he land? I'd like to see him end up somewhere like Carolina, even though it wouldn't maximize his fantasy value.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:17 am

He was playing the Browns, so don't take a lot of stock in those rushing numbers.  Now if he does that against a decent run defense, then maybe he has a little something to give

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:44 pm

He's getting the start over Rawls.  But will he get a majority of the work, or will it be split between the two?  I'm sure the SilverBallers & SteelCats will be monitoring this closely.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   

Back to top Go down

Christine Michael RB IND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: