x

Share | 

Le'Veon Bell RB PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Bell should stop talking. Just makes him look worse.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:38 pm

I agree and he should stop smoking pot if he ever wants to get paid. Josh Gordon should be a warning to all that you may miss two prime years.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:53 am

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Quote :
According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1.
"They are pretty confident that they will have him Week 1, so that’s what the Steelers are telling us," said Sal Pal. A previous report from PFT's Mike Florio indicated Bell was unlikely to win his appeal, which is expected to take place on August 18. If Bell is indeed reinstated for the season opener, he would vault back into the first round of fantasy drafts. Stay tuned.

interesting. that would be nice

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Nice because I took him in the third round and that would be a steal!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Just got suspension reduced to 3 games.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Just got suspension reduced to 3 games.

Quote :
As part of the settlement that reduced his four-game suspension to three games, Le'Veon Bell was kept in Stage 2 of the NFL's substance abuse program.
This is a quietly big deal for Bell in Dynasty leagues. His next violation would not cost him ten games or a full season, which would've been the case had Bell advanced to Stage 3 of the substance abuse program. Instead, any future failed or missed test would only result in another four-game suspension. Expect to see Bell resume going in the late first round of fantasy drafts. DeAngelo Williams will only open the season starting three games, not four

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Goodell obviously got him on his fantasy squad.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:13 pm

I like that Bell is already planning for his next suspension...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:46 am

I wonder how he keeps getting them reduced. Most everyone else who gets 4 games seems to actually serve all 4.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 am

Must gave given ol' Rog some good weed.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 am

There must have been some legitimate confusion and misunderstanding with coordinating the tests after Bell changed his phone number, on both his part and the NFL's part... It's the only logical explanation, especially with the NFL keeping him in stage 2 instead of advancing to stage 3... this is as close as it gets to the NFL admitting fault in the way they handled something... Considering the issue was missed tests due to confusion and he has passed all of his other tests taken over the last year, I think it is looking like Bell has a much safer long term outlook than most of us thought when the suspension was first announced...

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:26 am

For a player who has 47 of a possible 64 games played in overall, 74%...IMO he does need to get better...still he's getting #1 pay.

Le'Veon Bell didn't sign the multi-year contract offer the Pittsburgh Steelers placed on the table ahead of Monday's deadline for franchise tag players to ink long-term deals.
After tweeting simply "I guess I gotta get better" Monday, Bell expounded on his feelings in a conversation with ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.
"It's a little frustrating, but it's a business," Bell said. "I'm not in a rush to sign for something I'm not valued at if I feel I'm worth more than what they are offering me."
Bell did not say specifically what type of deal was on the table, or what numbers he was looking for in a new contract.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday the Steelers made an offer that would have paid Bell more than $12 million annually. One issue with the offer, per Rapoport, was the amount of guaranteed money Pittsburgh offered -- the Steelers traditionally structure deals with little guaranteed beyond the first year.
Bell's $12.1 million franchise tag figure is more than $4 million more than the next closest running back -- LeSean McCoy at $8 million per year. The 25-year-old believes the depressed RB market doesn't accurately reflect the important role tailbacks play in every facet of the offense.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 am

Unfortunately for Bell, I bet the contract properly reflects the fact that he's already been suspended twice.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm

I think Pitt makes Bell more than Bell makes Pitt. All things considered, not sure why they would spend a ton on him.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 am

Bell is really really talented, but he gets a lot of hype from the fantasy community because of the receiving numbers he puts up.  DWill put up pretty decent fantasy numbers when he was filling in for Bell so I hear what Andy is saying.  I am all for a guy betting on himself, but I think Bell probably put himself behind the 8 ball with this move given the injury rate for RBs and his suspension problems.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 am

I'd almost like to see Pitt pull the tag from Bell.  There is no team in the NFL that would give Bell anywhere near the money that Pittsburgh was offering or the opportunity.  Sure, it would hurt Pitt but you're going to lose Bell next year anyway.  And there's still a few talented guys you could bring in and make up some of the performance -- possibly even Charles if he gets cut.  Let's be honest.  DWill was always good but he was at a whole different level when given the chance in Pittsburgh.  That's not a mere coincidence.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'd almost like to see Pitt pull the tag from Bell.  There is no team in the NFL that would give Bell anywhere near the money that Pittsburgh was offering or the opportunity.  Sure, it would hurt Pitt but you're going to lose Bell next year anyway.  And there's still a few talented guys you could bring in and make up some of the performance -- possibly even Charles if he gets cut.  Let's be honest.  DWill was always good but he was at a whole different level when given the chance in Pittsburgh.  That's not a mere coincidence.

I am not so sure about that, but teams like SF have $61Million left right now while Pitt only has 15. Some team would overpay.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:15 am

I wouldn't be so sure about that Nick.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

The highest average contracts now are JStew and McCoy at $8 million per year.  

Then

Martin - $7.15
Fournette - $6.787
Miller - $6.5
Ivory (yup) - $6.4
Murray - $6.312
Elliott - $6.239
Gio - $5.167
Latavius - $5

And that's your top 10.  I guess someone could decide to burn money -- but I'm not betting on the team that might be in a fight for a franchise (or so they think) QB next year

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

Doesn't matter, none of those guys have what Bell has on the field. Is he a DB? Yep, but he is the best back, or a top 2 in the NFL. He is a game changer. There are several teams with $40+ Million that could do it, and we have seen more idiotic contracts over the last few years.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 am

Play with the numbers, it's fun.  But try to find a position (other than FB) where there's a 150% increase from the 2nd highest paid and the highest paid at a position.

And, let's be honest, DWill was a game changer when he was running with that offense.  Bell is good, but the team makes him who he is.  He reminds me a lot of Emmitt in that regard.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Play with the numbers, it's fun.  But try to find a position (other than FB) where there's a 150% increase from the 2nd highest paid and the highest paid at a position.

And, let's be honest, DWill was a game changer when he was running with that offense.  Bell is good, but the team makes him who he is.  He reminds me a lot of Emmitt in that regard.

Oh I totally agree with you. But do you think adding Bell to an offense like the Colts would immediately make them "Super Bowl Contenders"? They have $20 Million. Do you think the Browns that have $34M would love to take him off that offense?

I think it would be idiotic too, but we saw Albert Haynesworth get $18M per year in 2009 when the cap was only $120M. It baffles me with the contracts some GM's give out, but how often do you have the opportunity to get a guy that is at the top of any position in the NFL?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 am

Let's take a step back and look at what DeAngelo did there.  Remember, DeAngelo had not cracked 1,000 yards in a season since 2009.

Rush AttRush YdsRush TDsReceptionsRec YdsRec TDs
2015 wk 121127 15 
2015 wk 220773415 
2015 wk 8971 439 
2015 wk 9271702255 
2015 wk 101754 115 
2015 wk 128291788 
2015 wk 1326134 531 
2015 wk 1423762215 
2015 wk 1514261530 
2015 wk 16171002653 
2016 wk 1261432628 
2016 wk 23294 4381
12 game totals2401,10113474121
16 game pro-rated3201,46817.3362.67549.331.33
Over 16 games, that's 386.36 fantasy points.  Sounds like a lot.  And it is.

Our all-time high-scoring RB in RW is David Johnson last year.  He put up 285.90 points.  Even if you back DeAngelo's numbers to a 15-game schedule, he would have scored 362.21 points -- or almost 80 points more than any back in the history of this league.

And the numbers aren't cherry-picked.  It's when he was a starter and includes a few clunkers.

Correction -- DJ's numbers were over 11 games.  But DeAngelo would have put up 265.62 over 11 games, or just 20 points less than the best performance in RW history.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:04 am

I am not arguing with you here. I am just saying that some shlup would overpay for him.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Quote :
Contract-year RB Le'Veon Bell says he will consider sitting out the 2018 season or retiring if franchise tagged for the second-consecutive year.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

He'll sit out right up till regular season starts just like he does every year. I so would love to see them call his bluff.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeah no way he sits out entire year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Not a fan oh him off the field. On the field? He’s a freak. I am not sure how the Steelers will handle this, but I hope he plays under the Tag again.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 am

I hope he doesn't get tagged and has to learn what the market really will pay for a RB. He should have taken the Steelers offer last year.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:59 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I hope he doesn't get tagged and has to learn what the market really will pay for a RB. He should have taken the Steelers offer last year.

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am

This is going to get interesting. He is only around 26 but the Steelers have beaten the shit out of him. Lets say Ben plays one or two more years. This is window for Pittsburg. I predict they will give him Tag one more year and then let him walk when he has nothing left. 300 touches for several years. I then predict Browns will overpay for broken down RB and the shitty cycle of bad gets will continue for Cleveland.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

I think the opposite. I think he sits. I think he knows that with the workload he has been getting he just inst going to be able to have the longevity to wait out getting paid on a contract and wants that money now.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm

I REALLY want to be a fan of him since he's a fellow Spartan alum but off the field he just makes bad decisions and not my kind of guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he sat, at least for the first 4-6 weeks. Should have taken the money last year, still not sure what he thinks he's worth.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT   

Back to top Go down

Le'Veon Bell RB PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: