Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

I might be in love.

Quote :

6'2" Height
   31 3/4" Arm Length
   216LBS. Weight
   9" Hands

Incredibly raw but I absolutely loved watching him.  4.42 40, caught just about everything that came his way, just really really turning into the top WR in this draft.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:26 am

#3 Wideout after quite a fall. He's super raw. At least he has an all-star QB throwing to him to help him learn...

troll

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 am

Hey! Thats my quarterback.

I am "hopeful" for Ponder to given another shot with new weapons. He didn't do himself any favors before but I also don't think he was exactly provided with much to work with.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

I like Patterson a lot, but not after teaming up with a terrible NFL QB. He will need a better passer before he can make anything happen. He reminds me a lot of Dez for some reason. Lots of potential, but I don't think we will see it for a while.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:01 pm

^ I agree. Probabyly 3-4. years and by then Ponder probably won't be the starter and who knows what rookie Minny will go with at that point. Terrible landing spot for Patterson IMO as he is the 4th option behind Peterson, Jennings and Rundolph on a run 1st team. Yuck.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
^ I agree. Probabyly 3-4. years and by then Ponder probably won't be the starter and who knows what rookie Minny will go with at that point. Terrible landing spot for Patterson IMO as he is the 4th option behind Peterson, Jennings and Rundolph on a run 1st team. Yuck.

I'd much rather own Patterson than Jennings. I don't think Jennings is athletic enough anymore to make ANY kind of an impact. I almost expect Meachem like numbers out of him this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson outproduce him. He's much more of a playmaker.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Minny sure likes getting the ball in Patterson's hands.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Minny sure likes getting the ball in Patterson's hands.
With AP on the sidelines, what else are they gonna do?? Lol....

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:25 am

^ I agree.  Probabyly 3-4. years and by then Ponder probably won't be the starter and who knows what rookie Minny will go with at that point.  Terrible landing spot for Patterson IMO as he is the 4th option behind Peterson, Jennings and Rundolph on a run 1st team.  Yuck.
I'd much rather own Patterson than Jennings.  I don't think Jennings is athletic enough anymore to make ANY kind of an impact.  I almost expect Meachem like numbers out of him this year.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson outproduce him.  He's much more of a playmaker.
Are you high???

Now, I would probably rather own Patterson than Jennings going forward, but to say Jennings isn't athletic enough anymroe to make ANY kind of impact? That's just being retarded man. He's not the player he was, but he's still going to lead the Vikings in receiving this season.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
^ I agree.  Probabyly 3-4. years and by then Ponder probably won't be the starter and who knows what rookie Minny will go with at that point.  Terrible landing spot for Patterson IMO as he is the 4th option behind Peterson, Jennings and Rundolph on a run 1st team.  Yuck.
I'd much rather own Patterson than Jennings.  I don't think Jennings is athletic enough anymore to make ANY kind of an impact.  I almost expect Meachem like numbers out of him this year.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson outproduce him.  He's much more of a playmaker.
Are you high???

Now, I would probably rather own Patterson than Jennings going forward, but to say Jennings isn't athletic enough anymroe to make ANY kind of impact?  That's just being retarded man.  He's not the player he was, but he's still going to lead the Vikings in receiving this season.
Highly doubtful. It wouldn't surprise me if Rudolph did though!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Not sure about Rudolph leading the team in receptions, Jennings may end up leading but only sort of by default.... In a dynasty league I would not want to own Jennings, not even this year, and certainly not going forward!

Patterson is going to be a stud in this league! Especially if Minny ever gets a QB!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 am

Over the last 6 weeks or so, ever since Minnesota finally started to give this kid more snaps in the offense he has really started to blossom! He is still a tad raw and has to improve his route running, but there is no denying the playmaking ability. Granted, a good chunk of his scoring is coming from kick returns, but over the last 6 games Patterson is a top 15 fantasy WR! This is with no QB and he is still only getting in about 75% (or less) of the offensive plays. If Minnesota can get a good QB this offseason and Patterson becomes an every down WR he will be a top 10 (maybe top 5) WR going forward!

IMO, none of the rookie WR's from this year have a higher ceiling than Patterson, including T. Austin, D. Hopkins and K. Allen... he was my favorite WR from this draft and nothing has changed that opinion!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 am

Patterson is in the same light as Julio Jones. K.Allen continues to remind me of AJ Green. Minny just needs a QB and then Patterson will be set for an explosion.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 am

Keenan Allen is and will be the most productive WR in this draft class. He suffered a knee injury that hurt his draft stock. He was poised to be the #1WR taken prior to the injury and is playing like a star! Patterson is very talented but skilled? Negative. Will he be a player that studies defenses and perfects his craft? I don't think so.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Keenan Allen is and will be the most productive WR in this draft class. He suffered a knee injury that hurt his draft stock. He was poised to be the #1WR taken prior to the injury and is playing like a star! Patterson is very talented but skilled? Negative. Will he be a player that studies defenses and perfects his craft? I don't think so.

I like Allen as well, but I believe Patterson is more talented with a higher ceiling... Allen has been more productive in the passing game so far, but that might have more to do with the fact that the Chargers have a good QB and tend to be a pass first system, while Patterson plays for a run first team with horseshit QB's... You also have to factor in that Patterson excels at rushing the ball and returning kickoffs, neither of which are things that Allen brings to the table...

Patterson is not "unskilled" as you seem to insinuate, not sure where you get that idea and not sure why you would think he won't continue to get better... Everybody who pays attention knows he is raw, but he hadn't played alot of big time football before being drafted so that is to be expected, the route running and defensive awareness are all things that can be coached and can be improved... Whether he "perfects" that side of his game or not, he still has the talent to end up being one of the best (if not the best) WR from this draft class...

We all have our preferences with players, and that is fine, but it is extremely premature to declare Allen the most productive WR from this draft class... that is just silly.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 pm

So is he the most productive rookie WR this season? I think so. So is it a stretch for a player already th leader in productivity to continue the productivity especially with Rivers (who many thought was all done prior to this year, so Troy Aikman he is not) seems plausible. He has the intangibles that really good WR's have.

So saying that Patterson has the most "upside" something that can't really be measured....kind of seems silly to me. I guess we have differing opinions.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Yes, from a strict WR stat viewpoint K. Allen has been the most productive rookie this year... But making the jump that to say that he is the best rookie WR and will remain the most productive does not logically follow.

My point is that Allen's productivity had more to do with opportunity than just talent level. Allen was forced into a starting every down role due to injuries in a pass first offense with a good QB. To his credit, Allen stepped up and that is comendable, but his situation definitely played a role in his productivity....

Patterson only became a starter in the last month and still plays only 50-75% of the offensive snaps... and on top of that he plays in a run first offense with a laughable revolving door of shitty QB's, clearly not the same opportunity, so we're not comparing apples to apples here.

With that said, due to Patterson's ability rushing the football and returning kicks, he is still less than 30 fantasy points behind Allen for the season, that is a fairly insignificant gap (less than 3 ppg) in fantasy production. I have no doubt that if Patterson had the same opportunity with a comparable QB he would have kept pace if not exceeded Allen's production as a WR...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Carolina Werewolves wrote:

I like Allen as well,  but I believe Patterson is more talented with a higher ceiling...   Allen has been more productive in the passing game so far,  but that might have more to do with the fact that the Chargers have a good QB and tend to be a pass first system,   while Patterson plays for a run first team with horseshit QB's...  You also have to factor in that Patterson excels at rushing the ball and returning kickoffs,   neither of which are things that Allen brings to the table...

Patterson is not "unskilled" as you seem to insinuate,   not sure where you get that idea and not sure why you would think he won't continue to get better...   Everybody who pays attention knows he is raw,   but he hadn't played alot of big time football before being drafted so that is to be expected,    the route running and defensive awareness are all things that can be coached and can be improved...  Whether he "perfects" that side of his game or not,  he still has the talent to end up being one of the best (if not the best) WR from this draft class...

We all have our preferences with players,  and that is fine,   but it is extremely premature to declare Allen the most productive WR from this draft class...   that is just silly.

I'm big on what I've seen from both Allen and Patterson so far. Although it's way too early to make a call on what Dobson will become, it crushes me that the Pats had a chance to take either one of those two guys (Allen or Patterson) and went with Dobson instead. I love Belichick, but his draft choices get exponentially questionable the further away from the ball you go. Like DTs, OL, and DEs he does pretty well with. But when you get outside the numbers at WR? Trainwreck. CB, Safety have been black holes on Pats defense for years. Sorry to hijack the thread with a digression. Bottom line is that both Allen and Patterson look like they're going to be fantastic players.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Not sure where the Dobson references are coming from. He is a good player but is not even close to the level of a Patterson or Keenan Allen...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Not sure where the Dobson references are coming from.  He is a good player but is not even close to the level of a Patterson or Keenan Allen...

Oh man, that's the thing I was trying to say, I totally agree with you. But for a Pats fan, anytime Allen and Patterson come up, we immediately think of Dobson. Because the Pats had a chance to grab Patterson, but traded out of the spot. Then they went WR and picked Dobson with Allen still available. Just doesn't look like a good move was my point. Like you said, he doesn't appear to be on their level. But it's a digression from the thread.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:18 pm

shacknado wrote:
Not sure where the Dobson references are coming from.  He is a good player but is not even close to the level of a Patterson or Keenan Allen...

Oh man, that's the thing I was trying to say, I totally agree with you. But for a Pats fan, anytime Allen and Patterson come up, we immediately think of Dobson. Because the Pats had a chance to grab Patterson, but traded out of the spot. Then they went WR and picked Dobson with Allen still available. Just doesn't look like a good move was my point. Like you said, he doesn't appear to be on their level. But it's a digression from the thread.

If I were a Pats fan, I would be upset about that too... I actually think Dobson, Thompkins and even Boyce all have a chance of being pretty good wide receivers, so it may not be too bad... but, when you think of how they could have (and probably should have) added a truly special talent like Patterson or Allen it has to sting a little. Can you imagine Patterson as the slot receiver with Brady throwing to him?! That would be scary for the rest of the league...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:33 pm

shacknado wrote:

If I were a Pats fan,  I would be upset about that too...  I actually think Dobson,  Thompkins and even Boyce all have a chance of being pretty good wide receivers,  so it may not be too bad...  but,  when you think of how they could have (and probably should have) added a truly special talent like Patterson or Allen it has to sting a little.    Can you imagine Patterson as the slot receiver with Brady throwing to him?!  That would be scary for the rest of the league...

All great points. It didn't necessarily SHOCK me that they passed on Patterson (even though I was hoping they'd pick him) simply because of the raw factor...Pats were looking for an immediate impact player ideally. But passing on Allen looks a little ridiculous, at least as things stand today. If Dobson develops to his ceiling then maybe it's a push move, but Allen looks every bit like the stud he was billed as being.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 pm

shacknado wrote:
shacknado wrote:

If I were a Pats fan,  I would be upset about that too...  I actually think Dobson,  Thompkins and even Boyce all have a chance of being pretty good wide receivers,  so it may not be too bad...  but,  when you think of how they could have (and probably should have) added a truly special talent like Patterson or Allen it has to sting a little.    Can you imagine Patterson as the slot receiver with Brady throwing to him?!  That would be scary for the rest of the league...

All great points. It didn't necessarily SHOCK me that they passed on Patterson (even though I was hoping they'd pick him) simply because of the raw factor...Pats were looking for an immediate impact player ideally. But passing on Allen looks a little ridiculous, at least as things stand today. If Dobson develops to his ceiling then maybe it's a push move, but Allen looks every bit like the stud he was billed as being.

I can understand being a little worried about Patterson being too raw, but if they were really more concerned about getting an immediate impact player, what the hell were they doing drafting Dobson?! Especially drafting him with Allen still on the board! I don't know, but I would be surprised if Dobson's ceiling was anwhere near as high as Patterson or Allen when it's all said and done...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 am

I can understand being a little worried about Patterson being too raw,  but if they were really more concerned about getting an immediate impact player,  what the hell were they doing drafting Dobson?!  Especially drafting him with Allen still on the board!  I don't know,  but I would be surprised if Dobson's ceiling was anwhere near as high as Patterson or Allen when it's all said and done...

It's an excellent point. Sometimes Belichick can be frustrating when he's drafting because I get the impression that he always has to be the smartest guy in the room.

EXHIBIT A: Drafting Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round. Wilson wasn't invited to the combine, was expected to be undrafted. At worst they could've grabbed him in the 6th or 7th. Grabbing him in the 2nd is just wasting the pick, an arrogant move. And it doesn't help that he didn't even turn out to be good. And Lavonte David went a few picks later, a player that would've filled a need nicely for the team.

EXHIBIT B: Drafting Nate Ebner, the rugby player from Ohio State who played like 3 defensive snaps the Buckeyes, strictly a special teams guy otherwise. I mean, it was a 6th round pick, so it is what it is, but it was so clear that the guy could've been signed as a UDFA. If they wanted to lock him up and take the decision out of his hands where he signed, then they could've easily used the second of their two 7th round picks on Ebner. No way any other team was going to draft him.

There are enough examples to go through an alphabet worth of exhibits. Belichick drafting Dobson with Allen still on the board would easily be included in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 am

well count your lucky stars that Belichick is such a good coach that he can usually find a way to get more out lesser players than many other coaches in the NFL!

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:00 pm

well count your lucky stars that Belichick is such a good coach that he can usually find a way to get more out lesser players than many other coaches in the NFL!  

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Belichick as a coach. But I think he could benefit from some player personnel help in the front office.
Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Back to the subject of the thread, I love Patterson's potential. Had him once, but traded him in a deal that got me Antonio Brown, who has helped me make the title game in that league, so I don't regret the move (not like Brown is old or anything either). But I'm gonna have to track him down somewhere at some point before he fully blows up. Price ain't cheap though, rightfully so.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:54 pm

He continues to be a triple threat! He didn't get alot of chances in the passing game today but he still piles up 150+ kick return yards and rushes for a TD and still ends up with more than 20 fantasy points! Its too bad the Vikings QB's suck and their coaches aren't imaginitive enough to scheme for ways to get this guy the ball in space. He is a legitimate threat to taked every single touch to the house, the coaches should be feeding him the ball, he is the best offensive player not named Peterson on the team!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:59 am

WTF is up with this guy. He lays yet another dud with 1 catch for 9 yards. He's practically unstartable at this point. How is it so hard to get the ball in his hands? Just run a quick slant, have these coaches ever played Madden before? But seriously, what gives? I don't want to hear about how he sucks or he can't run routes as that just can't be the case. How hard is it to run a 10 yard out or a post? He's not even being targeted. I don't get it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 am

You said you don't want to hear it but his route running needs a lot of work. If he cant get open then that's on him.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:25 am

Yesterday, Teddy either overthrew him or he lost in in the sun (don't know for sure) when he was WIDE open- busted coverage, no defenders in sight and the ball sailed over his head... that was about 13 points lost in one play. I've never watched any "All-22" games, but been hearing locally that he's not getting off the line well, and when he does he runs poor routes and just doesn't get open. No release ability coupled with a seive for an offensive line is not a good combo for production. He really hasn't looked great as a KR this year either, so who knows, maybe some undisclosed injury. I hate benching him, but I haven't really had a choice the last few weeks. That said, it's far from hopeless, Teddy's legit and if CP continues to develop, he's going to be good.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:19 am

I am still a believer in CP's talent... I have been watching MIN's games and I don't think the biggest problem is his route running or even getting open, he appears to get open fairly regularly to my eyes... I think that maybe Teddy and him haven't quite got on the same page and built a rapport just yet... Teddy always seems to looking to Wright, Jennings or the TE (a rookie QB's security blanket) as his first reads, and despite all the fluff talk in the offseason, Norv and the coaching staff are not making a big effort to get CP the ball or run many special plays for him at all... I think CP is one of those guys you have to get involved early and get him going... it just isn't happening this year. I don't think the problem is Patterson alone, look at the last half of last year when the previous staff made getting him the ball a priority, he was a top 10 fantasy WR over that span.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 pm

WTF is up with this guy.  He lays yet another dud with 1 catch for 9 yards.  He's practically unstartable at this point.  How is it so hard to get the ball in his hands?  Just run a quick slant, have these coaches ever played Madden before?  But seriously, what gives?  I don't want to hear about how he sucks or he can't run routes as that just can't be the case.  How hard is it to run a 10 yard out or a post?  He's not even being targeted.  I don't get it.

Could it be where he is?

You know, like all of the Percy excuses.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Here is that "overthrow."

https://vine.co/v/OOPOJuBFQve

I had the exact same thoughts as this vine guy when I saw the replay: if he runs full speed, it's a catch.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Additionally, from a local fantasy sports writer (not Charchian):

Quote :
Cordarrelle Patterson is really pissing me off. Maybe he's hurt, in which case the bye should help. But the lack of focus and the lazy efforts are inexcusable. At this point he's a liability out there; MN QBs when targeting CPatt this season: 26/48 (54.1%) for 308 yards (6.4/att), 1 TD, 4 INTs, 46.2 PR (h/t Zach Kruse). He's dangerous with the ball in his hands, but he's a BAD WR and he's not showing the mental capacity or the desire to improve.

i dont know

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:

I had the exact same thoughts as this vine guy when I saw the replay: if he runs full speed, it's a catch.

i saw more of a looking into the sun problem, u see him whip his head at the end.. instinct to turn away when think you are about to get beaned in the head, as in he thought he was right under it, not that he gave up

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:13 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:

i saw more of a looking into the sun problem, u see him whip his head at the end.. instinct to turn away when think you are about to get beaned in the head, as in he thought he was right under it, not that he gave up

True, but losing it in the sun was not my biggest concern- he was trotting for half the route, if he's on the gas that ball hits him, or at least he has a chance to lock in on it at the last second. I want him to be a beast, both for my RW and home-town team but, so far, he's not showing that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:27 pm

He's a bench player for 2014...the question is will another offseason and some more on-the-field experience get him where he needs to be for the future?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:

Yeah but the fucker is wearing a helmet and the ball is filled with air.  He's not a baseball player.  I personally don't buy the theory that he lost it in the sun.  I feel like that's just an excuse.  What it looks like to me is that he knew he was wide open and thought Teddy overthrew him by a mile.  So instead of running harder and faster, he threw a mini temper tantrum and gave up on the play before it was over and as it turned out the ball wasn't really overthrown at all.  If you lose it in the sun at least put your hands up to try to either block the sun or catch the ball.  CPat stopped running, threw his arms up in the air (not in a motion to catch the ball) and then threw them down before the ball even landed.  

Seems like to me it's a personality/attitude problem, moreso than a route running problem.  I don't doubt that he isn't the greatest route runner, but there are plenty of ways to have him run short routes to get open, either with pick plays or slants or comebacks or bubble screens etc...  The Vikings aren't even getting creative and trying to do that much.  It seems like he is just running low percentage fly patterns ala Torrey Smith.  

Part coaching issue and part CPat attitude/personality issue.  Me thinks.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Sunday's 31-13 Vikings win over the Carolina Panthers marked the apex of disappointment for Patterson's season. The receiver didn't play an offensive snap until the second play of the second half. It was a halfhearted effort on a screen that fell incomplete, his only target of the game. Patterson played just three snaps the entire contest, per Pro Football Focus.

Zimmer said after the game that Patterson didn't play the first half because he missed practice time due to a funeral.

Sounds like a bust to me. I'm not sure he can turn it around at this point.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Did I read that right? They held him out of the first half because he missed practice to attend a funeral? Sounds like a real classy organization to me.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 pm

THERES NO DYING IN FOOTBALL!!!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Did I read that right?  They held him out of the first half because he missed practice to attend a funeral?  Sounds like a real classy organization to me.

That was my thought too... its bullshit to get penalized for a funeral... That is probably an excuse on the coaches part though, I think he is in the doghouse right now...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:48 pm

agree

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Rumors abound that the Vikings are trying to trade him. (Which would be amazing for him since it's clear that they have no idea how the use him properly.)

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:29 pm

When a player sucks, I'm unclear on how much blame should be placed on the player vs. the staff for "not using him properly." This is an excuse made for a lot of players like this - Patterson, Austin, Harvin, etc. I'm not sure if I buy it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Harvin's always hurt. Don't think his lack of production has anything to do with his use.

Patterson is super raw. He's not the best route runner in the world but he is a huge weapon any time the ball is in his hands. You need to use a player's strengths. Run some end arounds, let him return the ball, and throw him a few bombs a game. The Vikings seemed to be happy to do that for awhile and then just stopped for whatever reason. Not sure why.

Austin... I've always been worried about Austin. Guy is just so fucking tiny.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Well, Patterson's been in the league for two years now. It's probably time he know how to run some routes. He clearly doesn't. Of course, you can put that on the coaching staff as well if you want, but we really don't know the reason.

I think if you have to cater your offense around a player to make sure he gets the ball in special circumstances, it's a disadvantage.

But again, the Vikings took him, he was obviously raw, so who knows. Probably both to blame.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 pm

You can draw up any special route you want, if he's not where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there, what's the point? "Just run as fast as you can and catch the ball" only works in Tecmo Bowl, Movies, and if your name is Randy Moss. He ain't Randy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:47 am

Some here are saying CPat could be better if used properly. What team could do that? Where do you see him as a high to perfect fit?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK   

Back to top Go down

Cordarrelle Patterson WR OAK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: