Go down 
AuthorMessage
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

per Rotoworld.com
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8402/tavon-austin

Quote :
Tavon Austin runs 4.25, 4.31 at NFL Combine

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin ran forty times of 4.25 and 4.31 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

He likely just sewed up a first-round pick. Although Austin is built similarly to Dexter McCluster, he possesses superior short-area burst and much, much better straight-line long speed. Austin can hit homeruns, whereas McCluster is just a shifty guy who makes defenders miss but lacks the ability to run by and away from them. Austin excelled as a running back, slot receiver, punt returner, and kick returner for the Mountaineers.

per NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000144492/Tavon-Austin-a-draft-gem

Quote :
Marshall Faulk thinks West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin is Wes Welker and Percy Harvin rolled into one. Can the prospect make an immediate impact in the NFL?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I love Tavon Austin's skill set, hes fast yes but has ball skills and he is just an instinctive football player. He's a bit small but I don't think that will keep him from succeeding at the next level.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Official time now at 4.34...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:22 pm

At 5'8 can he be an effective deep threat though? Maybe an across the middle kind of guy in the slot.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm

While I think he can be a deep threat to a point, I think his game is much broader than that, he is more of a Percy Harvin type where you try to get him the ball in space, in addition to the speed he is explosive and elusive and is a threat to bust loose on every single play. He also ran the ball a lot in college.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Maybe I'm just putting WAY too much emphasis on his size.

Harvin - 5'11
Wallace - 6'0
Marshall - 6'4
Welker - 5'9
Cruz - 6'0
Nicks - 6'1
Dez - 6'2
Cobb - 5'10
Green - 6'4
(CAR) Steve Smith - 5'9

I dunno. It just seems like he'd be overwhelmed by larger defenders. He obviously has the speed to get separation but I'm just a little cautious.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

This guy has some crazy talent. Hopefully when he gets to the NFL he doesn't come up short.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
This guy has some crazy talent. Hopefully when he gets to the NFL he doesn't come up short.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Maybe I'm just putting WAY too much emphasis on his size.

Harvin - 5'11
Wallace - 6'0
Marshall - 6'4
Welker - 5'9
Cruz - 6'0
Nicks - 6'1
Dez - 6'2
Cobb - 5'10
Green - 6'4
(CAR) Steve Smith - 5'9

I dunno. It just seems like he'd be overwhelmed by larger defenders. He obviously has the speed to get separation but I'm just a little cautious.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, as this is just his way to try and use reverse psychology to prevent me from taking Austin with the 1.01. hehe

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Quote :
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport "hears" the Vikings want to trade up in the draft and could be eyeing West Virginia WR Tavon Austin or Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Analysis: The Vikings have two first-round picks -- No. 23 and 25 overall. Rapoport thinks it's doubtful Minnesota would trade both, and he'd "bet" the Vikings keep the 25th pick. The Chargers are mentioned as a team wanting to move back from the No. 11 slot if one of the top three offensive tackles doesn't fall to them, so there could be a match. Austin is looking like a sure top-15 pick next week.

Poor Tavon.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Quote :
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports West Virginia WR Tavon Austin scored a seven on his Wonderlic Test at the Combine. Analysis: The Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn has exclusive access to Wonderlic scores each year, and he reveals them for some top wide receivers at the linked article below. Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson registered an 11 out of 50. College teammate Justin Hunter scored a 12. Keenan Allen (19) and Robert Woods (23) were much better. Ultimately, Wonderlic scores have zero correlation to NFL success.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 am

The Rams get their guy!

I heard it was "leaked" that the Jets wanted him at #9 because they couldn't keep their mouths shut which prompted the trade-up.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am

I would say that was "leaked" like saying that Buffalo wanted a QB...no shit

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 am

This could be a real 3 headed monster in St Louis if Austin, Givens, and Quick all pan out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 am

Quote :
Tavon Austin played on just 4-of-47 snaps in Sunday's win at Houston.
Neutral 

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 am

What the? scratch 

I didn't see that coming... was it coaches decision? I haven't read that he was injured at all????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Quote :
Austin, who returned a punt 98 yards for a touchdown, had two catches on three targets for 138 yards and two touchdown catches Sunday against the Colts. Analysis: Austin's breakout game finally came, scoring his first touchdowns since Week 2 and crossing the 100-yard mark for the first time. In fact, it was his first game with more than 47 receiving yards, a mark which he eclipsed on a 57-yard touchdown in the second quarter. He then added an 81-yard score in the third quarter to get him over the century mark. Despite the electric production, Austin was still only targeted three times
The Rams still have no idea how to use him.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I hope there are a bunch of nutcases that fall for this shit next week on the weekly sites.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

Austin is a tough one for me. I personally thought he was a system WR when he came out of West Virginia. (slot guy in a spread offense) The Rams with Fisher as the coach are philosophically a run team. It for me looked to a poor fit.

He does have some skill, and in the return game especially I am surprised he isn't featured more. I think this game will be a statistical outlier though. I doubt he has 3 more TD's the whole season with Clemens at QB

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:15 am

The question was never his talent IMO. It was whether or not he could survive NFL hits. He's absolutely electric and a huge play maker. His utilization leaves me baffled though. He should be seeing 7+ targets a game and at least 5+ touches out of the backfield + KR/PR opportunities.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am

For me talent enough, a team needs to to draft talent that best fits their system. The Patriots are great at this, not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. To me that is what Austin is. The Rams don't (maybe yet) have the outside receivers to run the 4 and 5 wide sets effectively in a way that gets Austin in space. It is also not what Fisher wants on offense. Defensive head coaches (again Patriots are the exception) very rarely want to spread it on offense.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:24 am

Quote :
St. Louis Rams WR Tavon Austin (knee) sustained a knee injury during the team's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Austin will undergo more tests Monday, Sept. 15.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Sprained MCL - Two weeks.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:45 pm

Quote :
Tavon Austin was carted off the field with a leg/ankle injury at Rams practice on Sunday.

The extent is unknown at this time, but he might need an MRI. Per the Los Angeles Times' Jack Wang, Austin "was able to stand" after the injury, but "couldn't put too much weight on it." Austin averaged 62.2 total yards per game with eight touchdowns in Todd Gurley's 12 weeks as the Rams' lead back last season, versus 40.3 yards with one score in Los Angeles' other four games. Coach Jeff Fisher has suggested Austin could catch 100 passes this season.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 pm

Quote :
News Articles > Tavon Austin carted off due to dehydrati...
Published Sun Jul 31 7:53:00 p.m. CT 2016
(Rotoworld) Updating a previous item, Tavon Austin was carted off the practice field due to cramps on Sunday.
Analysis: Austin was cramping up from dehydration and "isn't expected to miss any time," per coach Jeff Fisher. The Rams can breathe a big sigh of relief. Austin and Todd Gurley will be their primary playmakers on offense this season.

(Article Link)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 pm

ESPN Los Angeles expects the Rams to release Tavon Austin.
Quote :
Reporter Alden Gonzalez believes the "only reason" Austin might keep his roster spot is because just 37.5 percent of his $8 million salary/bonuses would come off the books this year, as opposed to 100 percent in 2019. With Austin due a $5 million roster bonus in March, we would fully expect the Rams to cut thier losses, even if it comes with $5 million in dead money. Austin's four-year, $42 million extension in August 2016 is one of the worst NFL decisions in recent memory.

Ugh, probably my worst decision ever in a rookie draft. I selected him 2 overall that year. Disgusting.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=38]Reporter Alden Gonzalez believes the "only reason" Austin might keep his roster spot is because just 37.5 percent of his $8 million salary/bonuses would come off the books this year, as opposed to 100 percent in 2019. With Austin due a $5 million roster bonus in March, we would fully expect the Rams to cut thier losses, even if it comes with $5 million in dead money. Austin's four-year, $42 million extension in August 2016 is one of the worst NFL decisions in recent memory.[/size]

Ugh, probably my worst decision ever in a rookie draft. I selected him 2 overall that year. Disgusting.

Yikes!  That really sucks

What a big time disappointment of a player with so much athleticism

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=38]Reporter Alden Gonzalez believes the "only reason" Austin might keep his roster spot is because just 37.5 percent of his $8 million salary/bonuses would come off the books this year, as opposed to 100 percent in 2019. With Austin due a $5 million roster bonus in March, we would fully expect the Rams to cut thier losses, even if it comes with $5 million in dead money. Austin's four-year, $42 million extension in August 2016 is one of the worst NFL decisions in recent memory.[/size]

He will catch on with a team and hopefully for him, he will get into the right situation.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :

He will catch on with a team and hopefully for him, he will get into the right situation.

If McVay could not find a spot for him and make him viable in that dynamic offense, I am not sure who will
Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :

If McVay could not find a spot for him and make him viable in that dynamic offense, I am not sure who will

They had too many new weapons that were his guys, like watkins, Kupp, Everett and Woods. I guess even Reynolds. They should make a swissarmy knife position for guys like Austin.

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm

He seems like a New England player to me

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:03 pm

He seems like Percy Harvins little brother to me. Buh bye.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
He seems like Percy Harvins little brother to me.  Buh bye.
agree
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
He seems like Percy Harvins little brother to me.  Buh bye.
agree
And Tyler Lockett

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tavon Austin WR LAR   

Back to top Go down

Tavon Austin WR LAR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: