x

Share | 

Cinncinnati Bengals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Good young team, but showed their age yesterday in the playoffs. Too many rookie mistakes to compete with a team like Houston.

AJ Green looks like he's going to be a very solid WR in this league for years to come. I really liked Dalton coming out of college and liked his pairing with Green right out of the gate. But they need a running game badly and Ced-Ben ain't the answer.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Yeah I can see them making a move up for Richardson in the draft if the Browns pass, since they have that extra first. Would be a nice young offensive corp with Dalton, Richardson, Green, and Gresham.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 pm

That would be a great move if they could pull it off. But I fear they may realize they need do get a couple giants for the offensive line with their first rounders. Either plan would make sense to me.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I fear that as long as Mike Brown is there...the "right" thing to do will elude them.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com

Quote :
Bengals hired Hue Jackson as an assistant special teams/secondary coach.

Jackson had to settle for a low-level defensive assistant job after essentially being black-balled following a year-ending press conference in Oakland that was negatively perceived around the NFL. A former receivers coach in Cincinnati, Jackson has a background with Marvin Lewis. He may attempt to reenter the coordinator ranks next offseason. His "market" appeal was shot for 2012.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report.

Quote :
Draft Picks

Round 1: CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Alabama), OG Kevin Zeitler (Wisconsin)

Round 2: DT Devon Still (Penn State)

Round 3: WR Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), DT Brandon Thompson (Clemson)

Round 4: TE Orson Charles (Georgia)

Round 5: CB Shaun Prater (Iowa), WR Marvin Jones (Cal), FS George Iloka (Boise State)

Round 6: RB Dan Herron (Ohio State)

Round 7: None

Grade: A+

Summary

While I'm not a huge fan of Dre Kirkpatrick this early—and they technically passed on David DeCastro to get Kevin Zeitler—the rest of this draft is amazing.

The Bengals filled needs for the present and future, drafting tough competitors who have played at high levels on major stages in college football. Still, Sanu, Thompson, Charles, Prater, Jones and Iloka are all steals in their draft slots.

Best draft of the 2012 class? The early grade goes to Cincinnati.

Easily one of my favorite drafts. Orson Charles was a GREAT value as was Sanu. To get both of them while beefing up their D and O-Line in rounds 1 & 2 is pretty damn good.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree. A good draft by the Bengals for a change. Two in a row as a matter of factly

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Yeah did they somehow become a great organization at building through the draft. What happened... Maybe now with the rookie wage scale Brown can't be cheap and screw the draft as a result...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 pm

BJGE = feature back.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Quote :
BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Bernard Scott said they are expecting to be used in a committee this season.

The Bengals used Cedric Benson as a workhorse, but that's not the plan anymore. Green-Ellis isn't talented enough to be effective with 20-plus touches a game and the organization has never had faith in Scott as a true featured runner. We're expecting a fairly even split in overall touches, with the plodding Green-Ellis serving as the nominal starter.

Seems like every year they say Scott will get more touches, never seems to happen though, we will have to wait and see. Also wonder where Cedric Benson will land?

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Quote :
Third-round WR Mohamed Sanu has earned rave reviews from offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.

It sounds like the Bengals believe Sanu can step in as a possession receiver right away. "He just has a natural instinct to be a big, friendly target; he knows what he has to do to get open," Gruden said. "He's got the ability to stick his foot in the ground, make the right shade or angle and get that 12-yard completion." Sanu will battle fellow rookie Marvin Jones at camp for the No. 2 wideout gig.

Sanu continues to impress early on for the Bengals, I think too many teams over looked this kid, he would have been a great fit for the Texans or Rams imo

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I've watched Sanu play at Rutgers and DAMN was he good. He's a guy who fights for the ball and plays very physical.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Quote :
NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports No. 17 pick CB Dre Kirkpatrick has suffered an injury in the "knee area" that could sideline him for "much of camp."

Knee area is vague and worrisome. Another interesting post I saw on FBG that I thought would warrant some discussion here...

How much of the Bengals success last season was do to the TERRIBLE QB's they played?

Here's the post:

Quote :
I think the QB competition the Bengals faced last season has to go down as the worst in the recent history of the NFL.

Here is how I'd rank the Bengals' 2011 opposing QBs from strongest to weakest (the QBs the Bengals beat are in bold):

1. Ben Rothlisberger
2. Ben Rothlisberger
3. Joe Flacco
4. Joe Flacco
5. Alex Smith
6. Ryan Fitzpatrick
7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Kyle Orton
9. Tavaris Jackson
10. TJ Yates
11. John Skelton
12. Colt McCoy
13. Colt McCoy
14. Curtis Painter
15. Blaine Gabbert
16. Kellen Clemons

The order is highly debatable but the awfulness surely is not. It is amazing how incredibly lucky the Bengals were with last year's schedule. I honestly think this could be the easiest slate of QBs any NFL team in recent history has ever gone up against....

Fun facts, based on these rankings:

1. Half of the opposing QBs the Bengals faced in 2011 were worse than Kyle Orton....
2. The Bengals' 3rd best victory last season (based in part on strength of opposing QB) was over Tarvaris Jackson and the Seahawks...
3. Due to injury, the Bengals missed playing Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub and Sam Bradford. Instead, they faced Curtis Painter, TJ Yates and Kellen Clemons....
4. The 3rd best QB the Bengals faced in all of 2011 was Alex Smith....

Pretty sad.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:45 am

Wow...I never thought about that. No wonder the Bungles won so many games....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 pm

That is a shocking list. No wonder they made the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Quote :
Bengals CB Brandon Ghee is out indefinitely with a dislocated wrist.

Analysis: Ghee went down Saturday's practice and already had surgery, shelving him for "an extended period." It's a hard-luck injury for a corner who appeared to be coming on this camp after laboring through his first two NFL seasons. The Bengals are reeling with injuries in the secondary. Ghee and Dre Kirkpatrick (knee) are questionable for Week 1, and Shaun Prater (knee) is done for the year.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Quote :
Bengals waived WR Jordan Shipley.

Shipley is now eligible to be claimed off waivers, although his health is an obvious issue. Slow to recover from ACL surgery, Shipley was spotted by the Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy following Thursday night's preseason game with an icepack on his knee. "The knee was not responding," Reedy tweeted. If a team does want to give Shipley a look, the Jaguars make sense. Shipley had his lone productive NFL season (52 catches, 600 yards) under first-year Jacksonville offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski back in 2010.

People used to think he was a sneaky PPR play

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Quote :
Bengals OC Jay Gruden confirmed that it will be a high priority this offseason to find a "game changer" at running back.

Not at all surprising.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Shame. Green Ellis is a solid play. Just because he isn't dynamic? I would have to disagree with this call.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 am

Quote :
Bengals signed franchise player RE Michael Johnson to a one-year, $11.2 million contract.
Johnson's salary is now locked in, while the sides have until mid-July to hammer out a long-term agreement. Johnson is the very rare Bengals player to be making over $10 million per season. Considering Cincinnati's reluctance to hand out big-money deals, we wouldn't be holding our breath for a multi-year pact. Coming off an 11.5-sack campaign, Johnson could put himself in position for a mammoth pay-day with an equally productive 2013.

Really smart move by the Bengals, they have a shot at taking that division with all the Ravens departures and the Steelers age is certainly a question mark as well.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Bengals signed franchise player RE Michael Johnson to a one-year, $11.2 million contract.
Johnson's salary is now locked in, while the sides have until mid-July to hammer out a long-term agreement. Johnson is the very rare Bengals player to be making over $10 million per season. Considering Cincinnati's reluctance to hand out big-money deals, we wouldn't be holding our breath for a multi-year pact. Coming off an 11.5-sack campaign, Johnson could put himself in position for a mammoth pay-day with an equally productive 2013.

Really smart move by the Bengals, they have a shot at taking that division with all the Ravens departures and the Steelers age is certainly a question mark as well.

There's a lot more questions about the Steelers than just their age. I pegged them to miss the playoffs for the last two years. They proved me wrong once.

Who is their RB?

Who are their WR's? (Brown and...?)

Who is their TE? (Miller probably won't play in the 13 season.)

Don't even get me started on the o-line or defense.

The Steelers are a team held together with shoestring and bubblegum right now. They won't be a playoff team for a long time. They need to blow it up like the Colts did.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I like that they locked up Johnson but can't believe they haven't gotten anybody in free agency. I think going in they had the most cap room and after keeping Johnson they still were like second or so. Still solid players left but thought for sure they would at least go for one of the top safeties or something. And i agree with what was said about Pittsburgh but think that offensive line will be good when healthy especially decastro.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I also had a friend put down a wager for me when he was in vegas prior to free agency thinking they would be slightly active. I figured with their great young core, cap room, and extra 2nd rd pick that 30-1 were great odds.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote :
HBO confirmed Monday that the Bengals will be the featured team on this year's edition of Hard Knocks. Analysis: It will be the Bengals' second appearance on the popular training camp reality show after they were featured in 2009. Clubs are famously leery of appearing on the program out of the fear it will be a "distraction," but two of the past three teams to be featured have gone on to make the playoffs, including the Bengals in 2009-10.

Awesome! A team worth watching cheers

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:53 pm

sleep

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
sleep

Better than the Jets or Cowboys.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 am

MatthewL763 wrote:
I also had a friend put down a wager for me when he was in vegas prior to free agency thinking they would be slightly active. I figured with their great young core, cap room, and extra 2nd rd pick that 30-1 were great odds.

Typed this when i applied last year i don't mind the bet considering the odds but that game and Andy Dalton were brutal in the second half. Daltons play in the second half made ponder look good.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 am

MatthewL763 wrote:
MatthewL763 wrote:

Typed this when i applied last year i don't mind the bet considering the odds but that game and Andy Dalton were brutal in the second half. Daltons play in the second half made ponder look good.

HAd to work so I missed the games yesterday but when I saw the final score, it was like  Neutral  The Bengals doing what the Bengals always fuckin do...

You take a team which barely (and wrongfully) beat a second string Chiefs squad, fly em across the country and drop into hostile territory against a team that won their division....and of course they win.

I really liked the 2007 Bengals...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

You take a team which barely (and wrongfully) beat a second string Chiefs squad, fly em across the country and drop into hostile territory against a team that won their division....and of course they win.

League is just so unpredictable so often. Except with the Bengals, I guess. They're as reliable as can be when it comes to losing playoff games. Crazy, cuz they looked amazing at times this year, then like the same old Bungles for much of yesterday's game.
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am

Well they should be right back next year maybe they can get a bye so they can avoid losing another wild card game.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:59 am

MatthewL763 wrote:
Well they should be right back next year maybe they can get a bye so they can avoid losing another wild card game.

Absolutely disagree.

Let's just be realistic.....

Dalton is pretty bad.

Great Defense, one of the best WR's in the game, decent RB's, solid TE's, sooooo....

What's the problem?

Andy Dalton

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:05 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
sooooo....

What's the problem?

Andy Dalton

Mike Brown

Guy is a loser and the team has to lose with him.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 am

Right on, Bob. I think everyone saw his ceiling right away. Lots of people enjoyed the storyline of him continuing to develop, but nope, what you saw season 1 was the most you were ever going to get.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm

The problem is Dalton does got on streaks where he's awesome. It's enough to hook a team into thinking they've got something. In some ways, that's worse than drafting a complete bust. Winning division titles is nice, but when your team's ceiling is so obviously limited because of a QB who's playing just well enough that you can't easily eject him, it'd almost be better to draft Jamarcus Russell.

I heard a state the other day that Marvin Lewis tied the NFL record for most consecutive seasons coaching a team without a single playoff win - 11 seasons!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Cincy Bengals   Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 am

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:05 am

Merged duplicate topics.

Good move indeed! Love seeing some positive instead of all the negative.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Cedric Ogbuehi (Tackle) taken in the first.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Fucking disgraceful city and fans... Throwing garbage and shit on the field... Throwing garbage at Big Ben as he's carted off the field... Terrible city and fans. Terrible.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 pm

Wow. It was like I was watching the Lions.

Burfict and PacMan need to be under lock and key tonight after that one. They'll burn that whole town down if left to their own devices.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:01 pm

Pitt gets the win...Just Rewards!

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:01 pm

Unreal ending to that game... Cinci ownership should release Burfict and PacMan and fire Marvin Lewis before the fans even leave the stadium. Should just post it on the jumbotron... WOW!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 pm

That was really crazy. Kept getting more unbelievable!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:05 pm

NFL Network... Deon Sanders defending Burfict... LT siding with AB... funny argument... they trying to act it out.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Wow, Cincy just self implodes!

Marvin Lewis brings in the bad attitudes types thinking he can harness them, gives them a chance at a career when most won't touch them, and how do they repay him? They go out and act like fools in the final minute of a playoff game they are winning and promptly blow it for the team, the city, and the fans.

Heads could roll over this one, even Lewis may pay the price. Unreal. What a bunch on ingrates!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 am

Disgraceful. Here's 'Pacman' Jones' instagram post game:

"The (expletive) ref did a horrible (expletive) job," Jones said. "You got (Steelers linebacker coach) Joey Porter in the middle of the (expletive) field talking (expletive) to everybody and then when somebody says something to him ... he isn't even supposed to be on the (expletive) field."

Yeah, wasn't on you at all. Idiot.

Bengals got exactly what they deserved.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:19 am

Just nuts. But I do hope Ben's rapist ass is somehow out next week.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 pm

What a crazy game! Not surprised that the Steelers won but wow

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Do we expect any less from the Bengals? They are always a quick exit in the playoffs. So not surprised they blew up and them got eliminated

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 pm

roto wrote:
NFL suspended Bengals WLB Vontaze Burfict three games for repeated violations of player-safety rules.
Well deserved. Burfict played with reckless abandon in Saturday's Wild Card game against the Steelers, first sacking Ben Roethlisberger and then driving his knee into Big Ben's injured shoulder after the play before later leveling Antonio Brown across the middle on the final drive in the fourth quarter on a pass Brown had no chance to catch. Brown was concussed on the play and is in doubt for Week 19. Burfict has been playing with no regard for anyone but himself since coming into the league as an UDFA out of Arizona State.

Burfict also said that A. Brown was "faking it" doh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinncinnati Bengals   

Back to top Go down

Cinncinnati Bengals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: