Keenan Allen WR SDC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Andromeda Afterglow wrote:
Like the way you think Dan. $10 says he has 900+ yards this year, no injury provisions
Put it on the board.
All lined up, good luck to you sir

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Since Rivers became full time starter in 2006, he has played in 16 games every year. He has been an ironman, however at age 35, I'd suspect the injury bug to finally come calling this season.

Lot to expect from a guy coming off a serious injury and a 35-year-old QB with the potential to miss a few games.

Then add in Rookie Mike Williams becoming the team's depth threat once he is healthy and I think it is a stretch for Allen to reach 105/1100. Using Rivers 2016 stats, for Allen to reach those numbers, he would have to receive 30% of the team's completions and account for 25% of the team's receiving yards.

Only 3 receivers had over 100 receptions last season.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:44 pm

The receptions are probably a bit high, but I was talking him up, so I figured I'd back up my mouth with my wallet.

1100 is easily achievable though. No name Tyrell Williams almost did it last year. Albeit he was really the only guy left...haha

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
In 2015 he was on pace for 134 receptions for 1450 yards.  While I don't think he'll have that kind of stat line this year, I don't think 95 to 105 receptions and 1100 yards is out of the realm of possibility.
The ACL happened in the 1st half of week 1.  That's a lot of recovery time with no other wear on his body.
A lot of players are on a pace for a lot things over the course of a year but it rarely happens. Recovery time yes, he's had plenty but I feel that's a lot different than game reps. Friendly wager for 100recs?

Sure! Why not! Haha

I put it on the board. Meant to do $10 each, but I accidentally put $10 to the winner. Can't edit the post though.
I mentioned that on The Board just confirm the correct amount

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 pm

#2017stud

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Since Rivers became full time starter in 2006, he has played in 16 games every year. He has been an ironman, however at age 35, I'd suspect the injury bug to finally come calling this season.

Lot to expect from a guy coming off a serious injury and a 35-year-old QB with the potential to miss a few games.

Then add in Rookie Mike Williams becoming the team's depth threat once he is healthy and I think it is a stretch for Allen to reach 105/1100. Using Rivers 2016 stats, for Allen to reach those numbers, he would have to receive 30% of the team's completions and account for 25% of the team's receiving yards.

Only 3 receivers had over 100 receptions last season.
Agree to a degree, very few get above 100 receptions each year this is why I did 900 yards instead. Wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, though...

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

The whole notion that Rivers is bound to get injured and miss games just because he's one year older is silly to me.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:09 pm

The whole notion that Rivers is bound to get injured and miss games just because he's one year older is silly to me.

Yep, hasn't missed a game since he took over in 2005. Is there a better chance of him missing time? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Keenan just blew his liver out reading this thread...

I kid, I kid, I joke, I joke...

I like him as well, I was the one that got him for 64$ and own him in quite a few places. I think he can produce WR1 numbers on a weekly basis with a floor of WR2 in some off weeks.. I think the 900 yards and/or 100 receptions can go either way....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:38 pm

If he doesn't get injured - and I accept that is a big if - he smashes those numbers out of the park. Both of them.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:41 pm

England Dragons wrote:
If he doesn't get injured - and I accept that is a big if - he smashes those numbers out of the park. Both of them.

Glad there are some other KA13 lovers here and it's not just me. I've got an autographed jersey hanging on the wall in my man cave/my dogs' room.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm

England Dragons wrote:

IF he's healthy he smashes 900yds agreed. I'm not sure about 100recs. I wouldn't make either of these bets going into next season but coming off ACL... Why not the odds are in my favor.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

IF he's healthy he smashes 900yds agreed. I'm not sure about 100recs. I wouldn't make either of these bets going into next season but coming off ACL... Why not the odds are in my favor.

I can see both sides because of the injury situation. He's barely played in 2 years. But I can't get past the 67 receptions in 8 games in 2015.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:56 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

I can see both sides because of the injury situation. He's barely played in 2 years. But I can't get past the 67 receptions in 8 games in 2015.

Might as well have been a lifetime ago.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Allen WR SDC   

Back to top Go down

Keenan Allen WR SDC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: