New England Nineties
MatthewL763
25 posters
AuthorMessage
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 am

Whats up everybody? Just spent some time looking over the league and reading the bylaws. Here is my application i don't have a team name thought of yet since i just received the link to this a few hours ago.

1.  Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted.

I've been playing fantasy football for about 15 years and usually play in 6 leagues each year. They are all different some keeper leagues one with a bigger league fee than the rest, some have idp players, one auction, and one is just about as standard as it gets only played because it was at my new job and its always fun to trash talk co-workers and figured itd be a good way to get to know some of them.

2. Why do you want to be a part of RW, what drew your interest?

I have a friend who plays on here ( Singapore Slings)....i think is him he didn't say. Anyway he had to drop out of one of my keeper leagues because he was joining this. He sent me a link last year just to look at it and i told him if there were any openings let me know or at the end of the year i would get on the waiting list. Anyway this site looks awesome and im guessing would be more active than all my other leagues combined. I'm always up for a challenge and competitive, and activity would not be a problem with me. I play baseball on a proboards site that is similair to this and requires constant activity.

3. How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?
I would say around 6 hours a week in the offseason but that number would increase alot starting with lead up to the nfl draft. I love reading about and watching the nfl draft. It all depends whats going on at the time as i try to stay current on everything including college football, baseball, and whoever is on my fanduel team for that sport on any night.

4. Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story.
There are a lot of ones.......when i was way younger in 2001 or whichever year edge blew his knee out i was fortunate enough too have the number two pick that year and the guy with the number one took edge so i got marshall faulk at 2 and with basically just him won the title. In my big money league winning the championship in its first year playing vs my girlfriend at the time. Breakout seasons by Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles to name a few. In one of my keeper leagues where you can only keep one player i traded ray rice for some draft picks inlcuding a first and made him throw in charles before he was starting. And in my bigger money keeper league it has a rule where if you draft them as a rookie you can keep them as long as you'd like i ended up getting aj green way later than i should have so the future is looking solid there.

5. What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?
Probably that im better and smarter than them.....jk probably just that i am good for any league always active and not one of those guys where in normal leagues they just give up or dont set lineups stuff like that. Usually always making trades except for a couple people dont make any trades which sucks. I play with one member of RW and have so for a very long time you could ask him.

6. Anything else you would like to add?
Im a huge football fan pro and college but also play fantasy baseball etc. I also would like to say thanks for reading this and any consideration for the open spot or the waiting list. I've played a lot of fantasy and for a long time but never in a league like this. Roster Wars looks awesome and hopefully I will get to find out soon. Also not relevant really.........but my favorite team is the Miami Hurricanes!
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

New England Nineties

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Matt. Welcome.

If you haven't already, I would put the time in to read the bylaws, they're extensive and some of them are unlike any league I've ever been in myself.

Matt L Signineties
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Glad you found us, Matt. Welcome.

Matt L Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Welcome!

POST MOAR

Matt L Sigmar10
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Welcome Matt.

Matt L Siggol13
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

San Diego Killers

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome Matt

Matt L Sigkillers
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Glad you found us

Matt L Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

Utah Spazz

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome Matt, glad there is another Fanduel nut around the boards. I love Fanduel and in fact just made another $50 last night in NHL. We should share lineups.

Matt L Sigspazz
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

Singapore Slings

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

cheers

Matt L Sigslings
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Welcome Matt.

*That sounds like a noun not a greeting...

Matt L Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:06 pm

LOL @ Dave.

Welcome Matt. So if you know Tony, is it safe to assume you are in Minnesota as well? If yes, whereabouts?

If you haven't had a chance to get through the entire bylaws yet please do so as soon as possible and I will email you later today with some further questions I have and jump right in on any thread and be active. The more active you can be the quicker everyone can get a feel for you and I will keep you up to date on where things are at.

Again,

welcome2

Matt L Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome matt

Matt L Sigwaffles
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Matt L Matt_im ... doh Cheeze Level Def-Con 6

cheers

Matt L Sigste15
Back to top Go down

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Matt L Matt_im ... doh Cheeze Level Def-Con 6

cheers

LMAO your awesome!

Matt L Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

Singapore Slings

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm

FYI, he works 2nd shift so most of his posting will be later at night. He is in MN, I've known him since middle school and been doing fantasy leagues with him since high school (10+ years.) He knows his stuff and certainly has my endorsement!

PS- Matt is NOT the buddy I mentioned a few days ago who that doesn't want the time commitment of RW.

Matt L Sigslings
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:22 am

Welcome Matt #3. Glad you found us

Matt L Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:46 am

Good to have you here Matt

Matt L Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:04 am

Welcome to RW Matt!

cheers

Matt L Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

Decatur Freakshow

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Another Matt.....

I'm way to old to keep all of you straight, considering half the time I call my kids by the wrong name......

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt L Sigfre11
Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

New Berlin Blitzkrieg

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome to the jungle...

Matt L Sigblitzkrieg
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

Singapore Slings

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

One more FYI, I texted him and asked where he went after the initial post. Told me he has been busy at work the last few nights, but he will be on tonight and this weekend if ya'll want to chat or ask him things.

Matt L Sigslings
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
One more FYI, I texted him and asked where he went after the initial post. Told me he has been busy at work the last few nights, but he will be on tonight and this weekend if ya'll want to chat or ask him things.

Cool..thanks Tony. I was wondering and held off on emailing him.

Matt L Sigete14
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:50 am

Whats up again guys sorry didnt get a chance to get on last night worked all night and it was valentines so no chance. Anyway thanks for all the welcomes.... Minnesota Eternals I have lived here all my life and lived in blaine the whole time until just recently moved to fridley. Utah Spazz i'm game on that sounds like you got the nhl down better than me hahahaha. Anyways like Tony said I work night shift and i should include that i usually work between 50-60 hours a week but don't look at it as a bad thing its actually better becuase when i work until 330 am there is nothing to do but watch sportscenter, fanduel, and general sports reading everbody else is sleeping. Its late now Friday night gonna check out the site for a while, crash but i'll be on saturday and sunday no doubt and im not working so should be much more normal hours. Lastly I've read the bylaws completely and some sections multiple times but don't get me wrong i'm not saying i have it down Ive probably texted Tony 15 questions at least about this anyway thanks again guys.

Matt L Sigleaguefriendfriend
Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

Carolina Werewolves

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:04 am

Welcome Matt,

I understand 100% about working 50-60 hours a week mostly nights. Restaurant management has mostly the same hours. It allows for 6am posts like this one. I usually do my commissioner duties at some very weird hours.

Matt L Sigwerewolves
Back to top Go down

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Welcome Matt, glad there is another Fanduel nut around the boards. I love Fanduel and in fact just made another $50 last night in NHL. We should share lineups.
dont leave me out! I know nothing about nhl

Matt L Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

Wyoming Headhunters

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Welcome Matt......to Roster Wars "the forum"

Matt L Sigheadhunters
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

Minnesota Destroyers

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 am

A fellow Matt...welcome to the forum! cheers

Matt L Sigdestroyers
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 am

Hello again everybody if possible I would like to be reconsidered for this league and was told there were a few openings. I was disappointed in being passed over last time and then baseball came around and I never really logged back in. I would really appreciate a second chance and activity will not be a problem. I will be on as much as possible and if passed over again will continue to do my best to being active. This year I played in 9 leagues and finally played in my first dynasty league that I found courtesy of this site. It was created by a user on here (GLDL) and I happened to win the first ever championship.....some of you may know me as showtime in that league. Anyone in that league and tony could still vouch for me but I know this league comes down to activitu so like I said I will show that I will be. Thanks I hope to get a second chance if not no hard feelings and ill just stay active until you eventually have to consider me again......thanks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Welcome back sir. Feel free to join us and we'll see what shakes out. Very happy to hear you got your feet wet in the dynasty game and that is so great you were able to capture a title in your first year. The fact that you were able to play for a year with some of the folks from this league certainly will help me in making the right decision for Roster Wars.

Matt L Sigete14
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

New England Nineties

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Baseball? DISQUALIFIED.

Matt L Signineties
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey, Matt. Welcome/welcome back.

Matt L Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Baseball? DISQUALIFIED.
Agreed.

Matt L Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:25 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Baseball? DISQUALIFIED.
Agreed.

Laughing  clap

Matt L Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

Devils Tower Outlaws

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Hey Matt, welcome back here! You know me as the commish of the GLDL league that you mention above. I can certainly vouch for your activity within that league as an owner, and you certainly did well there in winning the title... but around here it is about more than just being active during the season and activity on the board is a given. Jump in and join us!

Matt L Sigoutlaws
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 pm

oh yeah, WELCOME Matt

Matt L Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:02 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Baseball? DISQUALIFIED.

Hahahahaha im all about football i just need something to keep me entertained when there is no football on.
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

Singapore Slings

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
FYI, he works 2nd shift so most of his posting will be later at night. He is in MN, I've known him since middle school and been doing fantasy leagues with him since high school (10+ years.) He knows his stuff and certainly has my endorsement!

PS- Matt is NOT the buddy I mentioned a few days ago who that doesn't want the time commitment of RW.

Just as a reminder for anyone who didn't want to read from the top...

He still has my 100% endorsement.

Also Frenchy, they are right, the way to be successful in this league is to be on the forums often. That aspect of ownership is non-negotiable. We had an owner get accepted then booted because he got the franchise, then basically stopped posting for half the off-season (or however long it was... too long.) I am confident that you would not do that, but you have to prove it to thees assholes. Good luck!
cheers

Matt L Sigslings
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 am

Yeah, just hop in so the rest of us can get to know you, Matt.

Matt L Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

Las Vegas DeGenerates

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 am

Welcome Matt... Stick around and be involved brother! That is how you get on the official waiting list!

Matt L Sigdeg15
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:58 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:

Just as a reminder for anyone who didn't want to read from the top...

He still has my 100% endorsement.

Also Frenchy, they are right, the way to be successful in this league is to be on the forums often. That aspect of ownership is non-negotiable. We had an owner get accepted then booted because he got the franchise, then basically stopped posting for half the off-season (or however long it was... too long.) I am confident that you would not do that, but you have to prove it to thees assholes. Good luck!
cheers

Thanks man appreciate that......will do.
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

Utah Spazz

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Welcome Matt. Get involved and I am sure with the way things are going you will be in contention for a team yourself.

Matt L Sigspazz
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

MatthewL763

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:46 am

I hope so I really enjoy dynasty leagues I doubt ill play in any standard leagues really going forward with the exception of a couple I've been in forever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matt L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt L   Matt L Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt L
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: