HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Julian Edelman WR NEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8759

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

I think I have Julian Edelman in 7 of my 6 leagues. I was relieved to hear it's not serious at this stage.

Like several have mentioned, it's only a matter of time but would like to at least get a few weeks out of him first.

pray2


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 pm

England Dragons wrote:
I think I have Julian Edelman in 7 of my 6 leagues. I was relieved to hear it's not serious at this stage.

Like several have mentioned, it's only a matter of time but would like to at least get a few weeks out of him first.

pray2

You will get a few games...all WITHOUT Brady. wink


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10418

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Well that was quick. How long before he is out again?

Julian Edelman (foot) returned to practice Wednesday.
Quote :
Edelman gave everyone a scare Tuesday when he exited practice, slammed his helmet to the ground, and hopped on a cart. But it proved to be just that: a scare with his surgically-repaired foot. Edelman's lengthy injury history is what's keeping him a potential value as WR24 off the board in fantasy drafts.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8759

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:08 pm

And.......... Breathe.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:34 pm

England Dragons wrote:
And.......... Breathe.

If he does that he'll get hurt.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8759

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
And.......... Breathe.

If he does that he'll get hurt.

ROFL


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10418

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Quote :
Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.

Edelman is the the only "QB they have for week 4.......   laughing


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.

Edelman is the the only "QB they have for week 4.......   laughing

Any bets the Pats still win the game...especially with "10" days to prep. lol3


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10418

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:51 pm

They could have Blount and Edelman split QB snaps and still win.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5324

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:59 pm

So who starts more QBs this year?  The Browns or the Patriots?  Smart money is on the Browns but I'm gonna go with the Pats.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5324

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm



Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10418

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
So who starts more QBs this year?  The Browns or the Patriots?  Smart money is on the Browns but I'm gonna go with the Pats.

When it comes to QB's, always bet on the Browns. The Pats will have Brady back in week 5, the Browns may start 12 different QB's this year.  rofl


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3021

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=47]Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.[/size]



Edelman is the the only "QB they have for week 4.......   laughing

Any bets the Pats still win the game...especially with "10" days to prep. lol3

No bet for me, I learned my lesson on Thursday as I thought the Texans would make some noise.  Those Pats are like a machine. tank


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 pm

That did not look good. Hoping he didnt just tear what I thought he did

pic.twitter.com/w5qUXzxW5m


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3021

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm

It's those non-contact injuries that are the scariest.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Yikes... if it isn't one of the 3 letter tears, he will be very, very lucky.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6869

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots "suspect" Julian Edelman suffered a torn ACL in Friday night's third preseason game.

Edelman will undergo an MRI on Sunday to determine the exact nature of the injury. Edelman caught three passes for 52 yards on the Patriots' opening drive in their tuneup for the regular season, but Edelman planted his right foot to make a cut and immediately had his knee buckle a bit. Non-contact knee injuries are rarely ever followed by good news. Edelman is shaping up to be lost for the season. Chris Hogan was the biggest beneficiary Friday night, and he and Brandin Cooks would both stand to gain quite a bit if Edelman misses the year.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots "suspect" Julian Edelman suffered a torn ACL in Friday night's third preseason game.

Edelman will undergo an MRI on Sunday to determine the exact nature of the injury. Edelman caught three passes for 52 yards on the Patriots' opening drive in their tuneup for the regular season, but Edelman planted his right foot to make a cut and immediately had his knee buckle a bit. Non-contact knee injuries are rarely ever followed by good news. Edelman is shaping up to be lost for the season. Chris Hogan was the biggest beneficiary Friday night, and he and Brandin Cooks would both stand to gain quite a bit if Edelman misses the year.

Yikes. I hate Brandon Cooks and the opportunity he'll have.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Yikes.  I hate Brandon Cooks and the opportunity he'll have.

lol3

But won't Amendola, and the RB's be the real beneficiaries?


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Yikes.  I hate Brandon Cooks and the opportunity he'll have.

lol3

But won't Amendola, and the RB's be the real beneficiaries?

I agree, but that's 150+ targets. Stupid Cooks is bound to get more in his absence.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8759

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 am

Such a shame - I love watching Edelman play.

vote no


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 am

The real winner here is the Jets. Now they can make that push to win the AFC East.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:20 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
The real winner here is the Jets. Now they can make that push to win the AFC East.



Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3444

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 am

Never good to see someone get hurt on a non contact play. Hope he rebounds and comes back strong next year


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10418

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 am

Man that's a shame.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:
The real winner here is the Jets. Now they can make that push to win the AFC East.


DITTO


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:17 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:
The real winner here is the Jets. Now they can make that push to win the AFC East.


DITTO
X3


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3021

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:03 pm

It's official, ACL, done for the year.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man that's a shame.

For Edelman and the guy who dropped a 1st on him.

Wonder if he can come back at 31?


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1665

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 am

Yikes! This is not good news!


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1270

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:39 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man that's a shame.

For Edelman and the guy who dropped a 1st on him.

Wonder if he can come back at 31?

No more guaranteed money on his contract. His days are numbered in New England.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:02 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man that's a shame.

For Edelman and the guy who dropped a 1st on him.

Wonder if he can come back at 31?

No more guaranteed money on his contract.  His days are numbered in New England.

I thought they just signed him to a two year extension??

Edit: They did - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/julian-edelman-5808/

He would be only 2 mil cap hit if they drop him after this year. Willing to bet they give him a chance next year and then cut when he has no more guaranteed money in '19


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1270

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man that's a shame.

For Edelman and the guy who dropped a 1st on him.

Wonder if he can come back at 31?

No more guaranteed money on his contract.  His days are numbered in New England.

I thought they just signed him to a two year extension??

You are right. His extension had $7M guaranteed. $5M was on the signing bonus and his 2018 salary of $2M is guaranteed. Nothing after that though. The team could also save $1M by not having his roster bonus paid out for 2018 and 2019 - including another $1M incentives for workout bonuses. He may play 2018 as a contract year since 2019 isn't guaranteed or the team could just buy his contract out and release him.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man that's a shame.

For Edelman and the guy who dropped a 1st on him.

Wonder if he can come back at 31?

No more guaranteed money on his contract.  His days are numbered in New England.

I thought they just signed him to a two year extension??

You are right.  His extension had $7M guaranteed.  $5M was on the signing bonus and his 2018 salary of $2M is guaranteed.  Nothing after that though.  The team could also save $1M by not having his roster bonus paid out for 2018 and 2019 - including another $1M incentives for workout bonuses.  He may play 2018 as a contract year since 2019 isn't guaranteed or the team could just buy his contract out and release him.  

32 year old who makes his living off his quickness and agility coming back from an ACL tear.

Not gonna say impossible, but odds arent in his favor.


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 pm




Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2987

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Yea... Could be a nail in his career's coffin.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   

Back to top Go down
 
Julian Edelman WR NEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: