Share | 

Julian Edelman WR NEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman (broken foot) was placed on Injured Reserve Tuesday, Dec. 4. He will likely need surgery. Analysis: The absence of TE Rob Gronkowski and now Edelman only means additional middle-of-the-field targets for already-busy WR Wes Welker and TE Aaron Hernandez.

Really sucks for the Pats.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Quote :
Edelman is fully recovered from the broken foot that landed him on injured reserve in December, ESPN Boston reports. Analysis: Edelman, a free agent, is still considering his options but remains a possibility for the receiver-starved Patriots. While he likely wouldn't ascend to a starting role with Danny Amendola signed to take Wes Welker's spot in the slot, he may be willing to reprise his gig with the Patriots as a secondary receiving option.

Sweet!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Quote :
On the same day the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet, they are bringing back one of their own free-agent wide receivers.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms Julian Edelman will sign a one-year, incentive-laden contract later today. The agreement was first reported by USA Today's Mike Garafolo.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Well, that may answer the question I had about the role of Sanders (if they get him)... I think Sanders would take on the larger role that they had Lloyd in last year and Edelman would fill the part time role like he has the last few years...

I always thought it was absurd how some people were projecting him into Wes Welkers role, I just don't think he is that good! It would seem the Patriots agree with the signing of Amendola and bring in Sanders potentially. I mean they have to give up a draft pick to get Sanders, to me that makes it clear they don't see Edelman as anything more than a limited role player.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Well, that may answer the question I had about the role of Sanders (if they get him)... I think Sanders would take on the larger role that they had Lloyd in last year and Edelman would fill the part time role like he has the last few years...

I always thought it was absurd how some people were projecting him into Wes Welkers role, I just don't think he is that good! It would seem the Patriots agree with the signing of Amendola and bring in Sanders potentially. I mean they have to give up a draft pick to get Sanders, to me that makes it clear they don't see Edelman as anything more than a limited role player.

I'm much higher on Edelman than you are. Amendola has not proven that he can survive a full NFL season. I don't think Sanders is anything special. I'd get Edelman while you can although it's probably too late.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Tom Brady has made Edelman look good in a few games but he can do that with almost anyone! I am just not that impressed with Edelman, I would be interested in hearing what you have seen from him that makes you think he can be something beyond average?

Valid point about Amendola and injuries but Edelman has had his own problems with injuries... You have ask yourself this, if the Patriots were so high on Edelman being this amazing weapon in their offense, why did they wait so long to even talk about bringing him back, and why did they go out and get Amendola and why are they willing to pay Sanders and give up a fairly high draft pick to bring him in?

I don't think Edelman is a bad player, but I don't think he is better than Sanders and nowhere close to a healthy Amendola. All I am surmising here is that the actions of the Patriots don't seem to support the hypothesis that Edelman will be anything more than an average role player... at all...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Amendola
Edelman
Sanders

sick

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Athletically Amendola has a better skill set than Welker did... His problem has been injuries... If he stays healthy (and thats a big IF at this point) he should be able to put up the same numbers or better than Welker. Sanders and Edelman aren't bad receivers, especially will Brady throwing the ball. If Sanders gets on the same page as Brady which is something Lloyd never could do, then he could produce some solid numbers I think.

I don't think the Pats are done here though, I think they probably draft another WR in the first few rounds... which would likely bump Edelman down even further to maybe the 4th option at WR...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Athletically Amendola has a better skill set than Welker did... His problem has been injuries... If he stays healthy (and thats a big IF at this point) he should be able to put up the same numbers or better than Welker. Sanders and Edelman aren't bad receivers, especially will Brady throwing the ball. If Sanders gets on the same page as Brady which is something Lloyd never could do, then he could produce some solid numbers I think.

I don't think the Pats are done here though, I think they probably draft another WR in the first few rounds... which would likely bump Edelman down even further to maybe the 4th option at WR...

I like Edelman more than Sanders. If anything he's the one to fall down the depth chart says I.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

I like Edelman more than Sanders. If anything he's the one to fall down the depth chart says I.

That is obvious Justin... but it doesn't look like the Patriots agree with you, that's what I am saying... Could be wrong but actions typically do speak louder than words...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Why doesn't it look like the Pats agree? I hear there are a lot of financial incentives in Edelman's deal even if it is only a 1YR. They also signed him on after signing Sanders showing that they don't think Sanders alone is the guy.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Why doesn't it look like the Pats agree? I hear there are a lot of financial incentives in Edelman's deal even if it is only a 1YR. They also signed him on after signing Sanders showing that they don't think Sanders alone is the guy.

But they could have resigned and extended Edelman all along, they didn't do that, and when they did it was a one year deal, financial incentives aside, that alone would suggest he is not in their long term plans, and they obviously did sign Amendola to a longer deal. With Sanders, they are paying a decent salary and giving up a decent draft pick to get him, its not a guarantee but it suggests to me that they see him with a larger role than Edelman. If they saw Edelman as the #2 or #3 guy I think there are other UFA's that they could have signed for cheaper and not given up a draft pick to get in order to fill the #3 or #4 slot.

To me the timing and waiting to bring Edelman back suggests that they were waiting to see if they could sign somebody better in free agency or possibly work a trade, and when that didn't happen they made their run at Sanders and decided they better bring Julian back for depth... I also think they could draft another WR fairly high who might eat even more into Edelmans role.

I am speculating and could be wrong, but I don't see how their actions would suggest they see Edelman as a vital component of their offense moving forward...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Justin, go buy Edelman in every league you're in, because you're higher on him than anyone who owns him, guarantee you that. Laughing

Random responses to things I've read in the last few posts:

1) If they get Sanders, there's no way the Patriots draft a WR. They only had 5 picks, I believe 1st, 2nd, 3rd, then like 6th and 7th. If they trade their 3rd for Sanders, that's their WR.

2) Edelman has shown flashes and I would have been interested in him had he gone somewhere, but it's pretty clear that nobody in the league viewed him as a starter.

3) Edelman has also had a lot of injury problems, and he hasn't played nearly as much as Amendola.

4) Amendola/Sanders are the #1 and #2, I think that's pretty clear. Edelman and Jones are some nice middle class depth, way better than they had at depth last year. I never want to see Deion Branch in a Patriot jersey again.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Sanders, Edelman. What a clusterfuck. No thank you.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I have Edelman in a couple of leagues, I got him cheap enough that if he broke out it would be worth it for me if not, no skin off my back (or roster) - unfortunately I have to agree with DTO, if the pats thought more of him they would have signed him before this

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Sanders, Edelman. What a clusterfuck. No thank you.

exactly. I hope this year finally ends the constant comparison of every other player in the league to either Gronk/Hernandez/Welker...that shit is so annoying. The way I see it, by week 5 Gronk will have his arm amputated, Hernandez will look like Jared Cook, Amendola will be on the Johnny Knox trail, Sanders will be doing his best OchoCinco impression and Edelman will be Edelman. Owners of Gronk will insist he can play with just one arm, owners of Hernandez will wait with bated breath for the party to start, owners of Amendola will point to his few performances and ignore the facts and folks like Justin will still be explaining how guys like Edelman and Sanders just have to be about to emerge.

They will still be a good NFL team but no thanks to owning anyone other than Brady.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I hope this year finally ends the constant comparison of every other player in the league to either Gronk/Hernandez/Welker...that shit is so annoying.

I completely agree. I'm tired of hearing everyone under 6 feet being compared to Welker.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm

I really hope Pittsburgh finds a way to match the offer and keeps Sanders because I own him and I think being the #2 WR on a crappy Steeler team that will likely be playing from behind more than usual this year sounds a lot better then being the #2 WR in NE where that really means you are the 3rd or 4th read on most plays! We'll see...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 pm

And I still wouldn't be surprised to the Patriots draft a WR even if they do get Sanders. Having only 4 WRs and Gronk's injury concerns makes them a little thin in the receiving department, not to mention Amendola isn't exactly someone you can count on being healthy the entire season...

Let's not overlook that this isn't a team with a lot of needs outside OL and CB. Also, both Edelman and Sanders would be on 1 year deals, so they might want to bring in a rookie to develop for next year when they may let one or both of the other guys go.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:21 pm

And I still wouldn't be surprised to the Patriots draft a WR even if they do get Sanders. Having only 4 WRs and Gronk's injury concerns makes them a little thin in the receiving department, not to mention Amendola isn't exactly someone you can count on being healthy the entire season...

If they get Sanders, they'll have two picks in the top 160. Obviously they can always trade back, and very likely will, but I think they've done their analysis and have decided, for whatever reason, that they'd rather get Sanders than draft a WR. I also doubt that NFL teams view injury guys like fantasy owners do, which is to look up how many games they played, then declare a guy "injury prone" or not. Any team would be doing extensive medical background checks, particularly with a guy like Amendola. I'm not saying he's no injury prone or that they can't be wrong, but I do not think that internally they give Amendola $30 million and then talk about how "we should really draft a WR because we can't depend on Amendola to stay healthy." Paying him the money means they're confident, right or wrong, that he's fine. The contrast to this is a guy like Danario Alexander, who nobody seems to want to touch with a 10 foot pole. Different types of "injury prone."

Let's not overlook that this isn't a team with a lot of needs outside OL and CB. Also, both Edelman and Sanders would be on 1 year deals, so they might want to bring in a rookie to develop for next year when they may let one or both of the other guys go.

I just posted this in the other thread, but I'm extremely confused about the Sanders offer sheet being only 1 year. I think that they probably sign him to a new deal if they get him from PIT. Giving up a 3rd for a one year rental makes very little sense to me.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I hope this year finally ends the constant comparison of every other player in the league to either Gronk/Hernandez/Welker...that shit is so annoying.

I completely agree. I'm tired of hearing everyone under 6 feet and white being compared to Welker.

fixed

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 am

Edelman's contract is a base salary of $715k with $0 guaranteed. There's a workout bonus and some incentives based on receptions.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah, that is not a contract that tells me the Patriots think this guy is the next big breakout star! And that is after being a free agent for a month and drawing ZERO interest from the other 31 teams. Heck, with that contract he is not a lock to even make the team!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Edelman is the WR version of Bernard Scott.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm still dumbfounded that there is anyone out there that ever thought there was something to this guy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I'm still dumbfounded that there is anyone out there that ever thought there was something to this guy.

Thought he could be money as the #3 plus return yardage.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Quote :
Edelman is back in a walking boot after undergoing what was described as a "clean-up procedure" on his right foot, the Boston Herald reports. Analysis: Meanwhile, the Boston Globe reports that while Edelman will miss the Patriots' upcoming OTA's, there is an outside chance that he will be be able to participate in the team's June 11-13 minicamp. Overall, this doesn't appear to be a major issue, but any additional injury setbacks for Edelman as training camp approaches could lead to added opportunities in the slot for undrafted free agent T.J. Moe.

Might not be so bad.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue May 07, 2013 7:54 pm

thumbsup

I'm not looking for anything huge from him - just would like him to be worth more then nothing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman could have a big role with the team in 2013 because he is the most familiar wide receiver with QB Tom Brady, and because of the subtraction of WRs Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Donte' Stallworth, Deion Branch and TE Aaron Hernandez, and the injury situation with TE Rob Gronkowski.

I won him for $7 and sold him for $7. Might end up regretting that. Time will tell.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman is the team's best bet to line up as the No. 2 wide receiver in Week 1, according to ESPNBoston.com writer Mike Reiss. The receiver missed a chunk of offseason activities because he was rehabbing from a foot injury, but Reiss believes Edelman's biggest advantages are the trust he has earned from QB Tom Brady and his knowledge of the offense. Reiss believes that Edelman should quickly ascend the depth chart once training camp begins, as long as he's healthy. Reiss makes a lot of sense. Edelman is receiving virtually no fantasy attention as training camps approach, but there are certainly opportunities available. Edelman's knowledge of the playbook is distinctly beneficial in his competition with all the newbies in New England. Consider him a possible deep sleeper, although the upside is probably not great.

Starting to regret it Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm

I think things change quite a bit in New England...I find it odd that people just think every swinging dick can be plugged into whatever previous roles existed and take those numbers...its comical to me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:39 pm

I think things change quite a bit in New England...I find it odd that people just think every swinging dick can be plugged into whatever previous roles existed and take those numbers...its comical to me.  

Well he certainly flashed last year. It's not like it's someone new to the team that has never produced before. Plus he adds return yardage which is a bonus in this league. I'm not saying he's going to be a WR1 but he might make a decent flex option.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Well he certainly flashed last year.  It's not like it's someone new to the team that has never produced before.  Plus he adds return yardage which is a bonus in this league.  I'm not saying he's going to be a WR1 but he might make a decent flex option.  

Oh I know...I kinda read this and just ran with it off-subject a bit. In general, I see many people being disappointed this year by the Pats but someone will undoubtedly have a good year but calling who that is..is a crapshoot.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman should feel like he is every bit as valuable as WR Danny Amendola's five year deal that was worth $31 million, in the opinion of Jeff Howe of The Boston Herald. Howe believes Edelman will not be interested in giving a home-team discount on a contract because the Patriots allowed him to visit the Giants for two days last offseason.

I like Edelman but I don't think he or Amendola are worth that kind of dough.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Quote :
Edelman agreed to re-sign with New England on Saturday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Analysis: It looked at one point as if the Browns would get in a bit of a bidding match with New England and San Francisco for Edelman's services, but Cleveland's pursuit of Andrew Hawkins deflated the demand for Edelman and allowed the Patriots to reel him back in. Edelman's 2013 season could very well go down as the best of his career after snagging 105 passes for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns, but his fantasy value appears stable since he remains New England's best wide receiver, and his PPR value should remain rather high.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 am

vote yes Looking forward to cutting Amendola next year.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Great flick. Gotta love edelmonster in PPR. I need football.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Broken foot.. Likely done for season.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Broken foot.. Likely done for season.  

They are saying he should be back for the playoffs, damn. Dude is a PPR slot machine. Can Amendola be that guy?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:51 pm

He better be...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
He better be...

Haha, I mean until he inevitably goes down.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 am

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:16 pm

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "initial exams" suggest Julian Edelman's lower leg injury is not serious.
Quote :
Edelman slammed his helmet down as he exited Tuesday's practice with an injury to his lower left leg, the same side which required two foot surgeries in the last 10 months. This report at least quells fears that he suffered another broken bone, but it is too early to tell if he is dealing with another setback to his foot. Edelman will undoubtedly be nursed through the rest of the preseason, but it sounds like he will be ready for Week 1.

Yeah, poor dude just seems to be dinged all the time. One full season in 7, and it looks as if 8 will be marred.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Hate to see injuries; but he's a system player...Welker, Edelman, Amendola...Who's up next? Oh yeah, some guy named Hogan. wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:01 pm

He's fine, until the next time...

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Julian Edelman's Tuesday leg injury was "just a scare," and that he's day to day.
Quote :
Per Garofolo, it's possible Edelman is back at practice as early as Wednesday. This being the Patriots, the situation is unlikely to be that straightforward, but it's still the best possible news after Edelman slammed his helmet in frustration Tuesday. Edelman is never a good bet to play 16 games, but this isn't going to be the injury that sidelines him.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Hate to see injuries; but he's a system player...Welker, Edelman, Amendola...Who's up next?  Oh yeah, some guy named Hogan. wink

Or the rookie Mitchell. wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Hate to see injuries; but he's a system player...Welker, Edelman, Amendola...Who's up next?  Oh yeah, some guy named Hogan. wink

Or the rookie Mitchell. wink

Shhh.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julian Edelman WR NEP   

Back to top Go down

Julian Edelman WR NEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: