Share | 

Colin Kaepernick QB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I would rather the owner just said he thinks Kaep is a douchetard versus pointing to jerkoff fan letters as a valid something.

Freedom of speech covers everything, even if we hate it (and I do hate Kaep's shit) but he deserved a good old fashioned ass-kicking (moreson if he spit on the flag) and burning one is illegal if I remember right.

Freedom of speech covers flag burning as well. I agree Kaep is getting what he deserves, since while freedom of speech is protected, you still have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm

So in what format, context...would his protest be acceptable?

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
So in what format, context...would his protest be acceptable?

That's a really good question Mac. I think the protest would have been more acceptable had he backed it up with action. While he did begin speaking with more informed individuals and even made a donation towards the later part of his protests, Kaep seemed to just enjoy the spectacle and media stage for much of the first part. Most importantly, he didn't exercise his right to vote, which is the most important step in implementing the changes he believed in.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 6:58 am

My thing is that I have politics shoved down my throat enough in my daily life.  I really don't need that shit while I'm watching football as well.  I don't care what he does outside of the game / field and in his personal life.  What rallies he attends in the off season or where he speaks.  Just don't shove it down my throat.

Disclaimer: This isn't just a Kap thing either. I hated Tebow for the same reason. The sideshow drama bullshit. The talking heads and commentators who let it dominate the discussion are at fault as well.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 am

I wish there was this much reaction when an NFL player committed an actual, you know, crime.

Beat up your wives and girlfriends? Involved in killing someone? Come right on in, here's our locker room!!! Oh, wait, you kneeled during the national anthem? GTFO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:29 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I wish there was this much reaction when an NFL player committed an actual, you know, crime.  

Beat up your wives and girlfriends? Involved in killing someone?  Come right on in, here's our locker room!!!     Oh, wait, you kneeled during the national anthem?  GTFO

Well, to be fair, Greg Hardy and Ray Rice are still looking for work. I get what you're saying though.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:39 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
My thing is that I have politics shoved down my throat enough in my daily life.  I really don't need that shit while I'm watching football as well.  I don't care what he does outside of the game / field and in his personal life.  What rallies he attends in the off season or where he speaks.  Just don't shove it down my throat.

Disclaimer: This isn't just a Kap thing either.  I hated Tebow for the same reason.  The sideshow drama bullshit.  The talking heads and commentators who let it dominate the discussion are at fault as well.  

Politics...now thats a whole another thread....we try not to watch more than 30 min of news a day.

Game/sports commentary/reporting has so much meaningless trivia.....the game is almost secondary at times as we are fed information about players, personal lives. Of course this reflects the social media focus, player's self promotion.
Also the announcers, for the most part, aren't of the quality of those in the past. I can't recall John Madden even telling a non football story during a broadcast...he'd tell football stories, but his focus was the game

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

Disclaimer: This isn't just a Kap thing either.  I hated Tebow for the same reason.  The sideshow drama bullshit.  The talking heads and commentators who let it dominate the discussion are at fault as well.  

Politics...now thats a whole another thread....we try not to watch more than 30 min of news a day.

Game/sports commentary/reporting has so much meaningless trivia.....the game is almost secondary at times as we are fed information about players, personal lives.   Of course this reflects the social media focus, player's self promotion.
Also the announcers, for the most part, aren't of the quality of those in the past.   I can't recall John Madden even telling a non football story during a broadcast...he'd tell football stories, but his focus was the game

Which is why I fucking love Jon Gruden.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:29 am

One of the most impressive things about Peyton Manning was how (I don't know how) his personal life seemingly never came up. Makes me believe the players who do come up are bringing it on themselves. Those who have been here a while know how much I hate the media so I'll continue to blame them for being half-wits.

Kaepertard deserves a ass-kicking by a member of our military for using his freedom of speech to turn his pouting act into some sort of statement backed up by no action on his part.

The Giants owner would have sounded much more intelligent to me had he said something about not wanting someone so disrespectful to our nation and military as opposed to saying he didn't want to face the backlash from a bunch of whiny cunts with a pen and a lack of better shit to do. The Minnesota Vikings would have to threaten to storm my house in order for me to think for one second that writing them an angry letter should/would/could matter one iota. Clearly others think more of their opinion.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:48 am

In regards to Peyton Manning, he had scandals, but he was a star QB and people were more forgiving because of who he is. I'm guessing Kaep would not have had as big of a fallout if he did this shortly after his Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:54 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
In regards to Peyton Manning, he had scandals, but he was a star QB and people were more forgiving because of who he is.  I'm guessing Kaep would not have had as big of a fallout if he did this shortly after his Super Bowl.

Oh...well then forgive my earlier statement for it was clouded by my super successful means of not paying attention to the outside world. laughing

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:55 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
In regards to Peyton Manning, he had scandals, but he was a star QB and people were more forgiving because of who he is.  I'm guessing Kaep would not have had as big of a fallout if he did this shortly after his Super Bowl.

Oh...well then forgive my earlier statement for it was clouded by my super successful means of not paying attention to the outside world.  laughing

Haha you are pretty great at it!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 am

I love the eloquent wording of this quote. Haha

Quote :
Peyton Manning “forcefully maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly” onto the face of Dr. Jamie Naughright, the University of Tennessee’s director of health and wellness, in 1996 and then “smirked” and “laughed” about it.  

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 10:01 am

Quote :
Peyton Manning “forcefully maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly” onto the face of Dr. Jamie Naughright, the University of Tennessee’s director of health and wellness, in 1996 and then “smirked” and “laughed” about it.  

shocking shocking shocking shocking shocking shocking shocking

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 am

Oh and don't forget the HGH shipped to Peyton's house in his wife's name.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Quote :

Hahaha who hasn't done that. I thought that was all part of a physical.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 pm

I can appreciate what Kaep was trying to do as far as using his platform to stand for something he believes in however his kneeling was the absolute wrong way of going about it. You cannot disrespect the very symbol of this nation, the symbol of freedom and ultimate sacrifice and expect a positive response. The great part of the freedom that we all enjoy is that he has the right to do that but you can't rip the owners for exercising their own freedom not to sign him. I don't care if he gets signed or not but ultimately if owners thought he was a franchise QB they would sign him. He's a backup, overpriced back-up at that. The distraction just isn't worth it to most teams.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I can appreciate what Kaep was trying to do as far as using his platform to stand for something he believes in however his kneeling was the absolute wrong way of going about it. You cannot disrespect the very symbol of this nation, the symbol of freedom and ultimate sacrifice and expect a positive response. The great part of the freedom that we all enjoy is that he has the right to do that but you can't rip the owners for exercising their own freedom not to sign him. I don't care if he gets signed or not but ultimately if owners thought he was a franchise QB they would sign him. He's a backup, overpriced back-up at that. The distraction just isn't worth it to most teams.

I agree, talent trumps all in the NFL. If you can play, distractions and character take a back seat.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 8:16 pm

I haven't shared my opinion on him with y'all yet but it's not a positive one. I wouldn't mind a career ending injury for his stance. He's second rate talent now. Pair that with the unwanted and completely warranted hate and what's to like about him? That was me being kind btw.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm

I hope Kaep runs into Greg on a really bad day.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I hope Kaep runs into Greg on a really bad day.

ROFL So true. ROTFLMAO   And Kaep has a cig hanging out of his mouth when he says to Greg, "Sup?".

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 am

Peter Carroll and Seahawks pass on Kap. Sign Austin Davis

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 am

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Peter Carroll and Seahawks pass on Kap. Sign Austin Davis

BLACKBALL! BLACKBALL! Turn your backs NFL!

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:27 am

Kap may be indeed done, but i'm still surprised nobody is willing to roll the dice on his athleticism especially with some of the back up QBs that are rostered.

When he was coached to take advantage of his strengths he was actually able to be productive.

Off the field baggage doesn't bother me either..these guys are there for my enjoyment and to win football games. They aren't and never should be considered role models.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 am

Pete Carroll sounded like an idiot in press conference.

"We really like him. We think he is a starter in the NFL. We went with Austin Davis."

You think he is starter . You can get him at the price of a backup. And you really like him. But you go with someone else.

Well Kap. Get busy with that protesting career.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 am

Insignificant "free agent".

PLEASE...let this thread die!!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Valhalla Viktors wrote:
Kap may be indeed done, but i'm still surprised nobody is willing to roll the dice on his athleticism especially with some of the back up QBs that are rostered.  

When he was coached to take advantage of his strengths he was actually able to be productive.

Off the field baggage doesn't bother me either..these guys are there for my enjoyment and to win football games. They aren't and never should be considered role models.

Finally someone gets it.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Pete Carroll sounded like an idiot in press conference.

"We really like him. We think he is a starter in the NFL. We went with Austin Davis."

You think he is  starter . You can get him at the price of a backup. And you really like him. But you go with someone else.

Well Kap. Get busy with that protesting career.

What was he supposed to say? Kap came in throw it around and he sucked! Nobody is going to openly say that. You throw the guy a compliment and move on.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Valhalla Viktors wrote:

Finally someone gets it.  

Hey guys agreed that this guy isn't a role model but wearing an offensive item such as socks with "pigs" should never have been allowed and really he should have been fined. Two dead cops in Florida in the last 24 hours with 6 total shot in the span... Respect and also offensiveness goes both ways imo.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I will never argue that he isn't a shitty person. I just don't care about his personal beliefs or whatever. I only care about his performance on the field. I can't wrap my head around why anyone cares about what his opinion is. It's like giving a shit about what the Kardashians think or do, it is not worth the energy to acknowledge that these people even exist outside of football.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
I will never argue that he isn't a shitty person.  I just don't care about his personal beliefs or whatever.  I only care about his performance on the field.  I can't wrap my head around why anyone cares about what his opinion is.  It's like giving a shit about what the Kardashians think or do, it is not worth the energy to acknowledge that these people even exist outside of football.

Good point. cheers

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
I will never argue that he isn't a shitty person.  I just don't care about his personal beliefs or whatever.  I only care about his performance on the field.  I can't wrap my head around why anyone cares about what his opinion is.  It's like giving a shit about what the Kardashians think or do, it is not worth the energy to acknowledge that these people even exist outside of football.

His shitty opinion affects my viewing football. Everyone talks about shit other than football. The Kardashians aren’t on my tv or sport I watch. If they would stop covering and showing these protests I’d greatly appreciate it. Take away the attention he wants and is seeking.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:14 am

Given the widespread variations of everyone from professional athletes to high school bands now either not standing or taking a knee, raising a fist during the anthem not sure why Kap' is still the "lighting rod" on this issue.
Regardless of your views he is taking positive steps in making good on his pledge of $1 mil to charties...has donated $700,000 so far.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:53 am

This trash bag will never get another NFL job. Not because of anything but he brings the circus to town. No team wants that, it distracts you from everything you want.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:29 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Given the widespread variations of everyone from professional athletes to high school bands now either not standing or taking a knee, raising a fist during the anthem not sure why Kap' is still the "lighting rod" on this issue.
Regardless of your views he is taking positive steps in making good on his pledge of $1 mil to charties...has donated $700,000 so far.

I like him a bit more now that he seems to be backing up his stance with action. The fact is though that it's hard to change people's opinions on this issue, so no matter what he does some people will hate him, and if people hate him then there's little incentive for NFL teams to sign him.

Protests will continue, but since he was the one to ignite them, I wouldn't be surprised if he out of the league for good.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:18 pm

The problem is that he's not good enough to warrant the baggage that he brings with him. No team is going to start him so why the fuck bring that shit storm down on your team?

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:36 am

The problem is that he's not good enough to warrant the baggage that he brings with him.  No team is going to start him so why the fuck bring that shit storm down on your team?

He was the right "fit" at the "right time" for San Fran....then post superbowl SF rapidly declined from the top of the organization to the locker room.
As I said in an earlier post you've got everyone from pro athletes to high school bands doing some kind of anthem/flag protest. So the significance of the protest has been diluted.
Given the gravity of the violent protests, terrorism we see daily worldwide.....this protest is peaceful, not sure if there have been arrests in relation to the protests...and does it in any way infringe on other's rights who follow the normal course of behavior in standing for the flag/anthem?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
The problem is that he's not good enough to warrant the baggage that he brings with him.  No team is going to start him so why the fuck bring that shit storm down on your team?

He was the right "fit" at the "right time" for San Fran....then post superbowl SF rapidly declined from the top of the organization to the locker room.
As I said in an earlier post you've got everyone from pro athletes to high school bands doing some kind of anthem/flag protest.  So the significance of the protest has been diluted.
Given the gravity of the violent protests, terrorism we see daily worldwide.....this protest is peaceful, not sure if there have been arrests in relation to the protests...and does it in any way infringe on other's rights who follow the normal course of behavior in standing for the flag/anthem?

You are correct in a lot of what you're saying but also factor this in:

The protests that you have seen in high school, college, track etc were they happening before Kaepernick? Or did this kids who sometimes view movie stars or athletes as role models get affected by the first one they say do it and emulate his behavior?
If you're an owner do you want a backup QB that might lose you a lot of season ticket holders?

In my opinion this is not about Race or even bad cops, it's about millions of people that bust their butts working, or have lost loved ones in war, or in civil service and they see a guy that protests peacefully BUT also does the "I'll wear my pig socks". What do you think would happen if a black, white, pink, orange whatever color player went on the practice field or game day field with a nazi symbol, confederate flag, anti Muslim symbol? If he would just kept it classy I think a lot of people would not be as angry and anti Kaep.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:31 pm

The socks were over the top and I agree with Sty were a bad move on his part. If he wanted to execute a peaceful protest and say it is not about disrespect to those that serve, or have served in the capacity of military or civil service then that in my book is not horrible, but the wearing of the pig socks were exactly the opposite.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-colin-kaepernick-socks-20160901-snap-htmlstory.html

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:59 pm

And here I thought we might be discussing football in this thread. Bummer

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:10 pm

It all when wrong when he signed that contract with a fucking quill. Twat.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Why are we still talking about this dumbass... Who gives a shit about his protests or his socks... He sucks are football. That is why no team has signed him. He has the skill to be a backup QB in the league, and because of his off-the-field antics, teams don't want to bring on that much baggage for a backup quarterback.

There is zero doubt that if he was a top tier talent, teams would sign his ass.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am

This was nice of Nick and Derrick! Make it happen Packer fans!

http://www.fox9.com/sports/packers-fans-petition-to-bring-colin-kaepernick-to-green-bay

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

I aint signing that FUCKIN thing! Fuck that piece of shit

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Wow, 3,700 signatures.  That should move the needle.  

Not sure if he would be much worse than what Packers showed with Hundley this week.  If they don't let the kid throw the ball they might as well sign Kaep...he's probably a better runner than Hundley.

For the record - I wouldn't sing Kaep for anything. Not near good enough to deal with all the media BS. Might as well sign Tebow.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:26 pm

If enough QBs keep going down, at some point he will get a phone call.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:

The Cardinals will have to do something too.  shrug

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Don't laugh but I think that Bruce Arians might be able to do something with Gabbert.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Don't laugh but I think that Bruce Arians might be able to do something with Gabbert.

I agree. I'm surprised that the Cards are going with Stanton instead of trying to see what he could do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colin Kaepernick QB FA   

Back to top Go down

Colin Kaepernick QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: