x

Share | 

Andre Brown RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Andre Brown RB FA   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:26 am

Quote :
The only negative part of the Giants' big night was losing running back Andre Brown to a broken fibula in the fourth quarter. Brown, who had carried 13 times for 64 yards to pace an effective running game, was injured on his longest gain of the night, a 16-yard run. The Giants didn't offer a timetable for Brown, who has been a pleasant surprise this season.

Maybe they'll finally use Wilson.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Quote :
Giants assigned restricted free agent RB Andre Brown a second-round tender. Analysis: Brown will be due $2.02 million once he signs on the dotted line. It's a fair price for a player expected to open the season as the Giants' short-yardage and goal-line back. In a perfect world for the G-Men, Brown would settle in as a complementary player as David Wilson puts a grip on feature duties.

Really happy for Brown. He has bounced around for a long time.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm

The other piece of news that came into my owners box is that the Giants are planning on splitting carries between Brown and Wilson. If he can stay healthy (and that's a big if) he is a really talented back and he earned more carries with the way he played last year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Quote :
per Rotoworld:
Restricted free agent Andre Brown said Tuesday that his goal is to score 22 touchdowns this season.
Brown is clearly under the impression that he'll remain the Giants' goal-line back. "Third-down back, pass protection, goal line, short yardage – all that," he said. "I can't wait to do it." Last year, Brown scored eight touchdowns in 10 games before fracturing his fibula. Now fully healthy, he'll be an ideal complement to explosive feature back David Wilson. Apr 17 - 8:23 AM

Now that Brown is going to get me 22 TD's my problems are solved at RB!!! Yeah, right... Shocked Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Quote :
Bad news for one player is very often good news for another. That's the case today as ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting the Giants RB Andre Brown suffered a broken leg in tonight's game.

RB David Wilson was already the #1 RB for the Giants but we'd been planning on Brown seeing lots of carries. With Brown out, Wilson's value rises even higher. Bump him up a few spots on your draft board if you've yet to draft.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Its official, Brown is a giant pussy who is as fragile as you can get... the guy makes Ryan Matthews look durable!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

I had lunch with Stevie Brown and Andre Brown last year. Now they're both on IR. I remember Andre Brown was still recovering from his broken leg LAST year at the luncheon.

Bah.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Andre is certainly a china doll, that is now irrefutable...

So, since you follow the giants Justin, who moves up? Is it Torrain or is it Scott? I would think Cox is now a lock to make the final roster...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Probably Torain. Scott has been on the bubble numerous times. There's nothing there. Cox and Torain are the most likely candidates but I think Torain is more likely.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah, sucks... very much liked him. Interestingly enough, you scooped up Scott whereas I snagged Cox.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 pm

So you think Cox might be up for the primary backup spot? He is intriguing due to the special teams value. Weren't they considering him for kickoff returner?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 pm

So you think Cox might be up for the primary backup spot?  He is intriguing due to the special teams value.  Weren't they considering him for kickoff returner?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 pm

I didn't grab Scott anywhere. Nothing there.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 pm

WTF, where did the double post come from?

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Don't quite know; Justin is the NYG expert compared to me. I think it's muddled at best... thought Andre was going to be the NYG RB to finish with the most points, quite honestly. Now?.. who knows... Scott has shown me nothing so I leaned on the promising rookie (who too has shown little to nothing).

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I didn't grab Scott anywhere. Nothing there.
Hmm... must have confused you w/ someone else in our leagues. Do see you dropped Andre in CLA so perhaps that's where my mind got stuck on you.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I have no faith in this guy coming back this year.... he is a china doll, even if his leg heals, he will hurt something else... it feel like a guarantee at this point!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

I think Wilson is now almost borderline RB1. Early 2nd round pick now goes his ADP. Might be a guy you consider if you are at the turn as well.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Probably Torain.  Scott has been on the bubble numerous times.  There's nothing there.  Cox and Torain are the most likely candidates but I think Torain is more likely.
Torain was released, so looks like Cox

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Probably Torain.  Scott has been on the bubble numerous times.  There's nothing there.  Cox and Torain are the most likely candidates but I think Torain is more likely.
Torain was released, so looks like Cox
o.O shocked they kept Scott over him. Damn.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Quote :
Brown (leg), who was placed on the Giants' injured reserve/designated to return list, will not be able to play until Week 10, NFL.com reports. Analysis: Brown, who fractured his leg last week, will not be eligible to play until after Week 8. However, with the Giants' bye scheduled for Week 9, Brown will have to wait for Week 10 against the Raiders to make his season debut. When he returns, expect Brown to see New York's goal-line carries and work his way back into contention for a bigger role behind bonafide starter David Wilson.
Non factor.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Not yet official.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 am

They haven't put him on the short term IR yet,  but that is only because they don't have to yet,  it actually makes more sense for them to wait until before week 2 to do so.    By most accounts (including Browns)  this is going to happen,  it is a matter of when and not if...

Link:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23463069/report-giants-plan-to-place-andre-brown-on-shortterm-ir-list

I had hoped he could be a TD vulture and sneaky point producer this season but the guy just can't stay healthy...   And unfortunately players as fragile as him tend to prove themselves to be "non-factors"...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:55 am

Anyone know about Mike Cox? Is he going to take carries away from Wilson now that Brown is out?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Anyone know about Mike Cox? Is he going to take carries away from Wilson now that Brown is out?
I don't "know" anything but the wording when things went down was that because of Brown's injury, Cox would have a roster spot. Then a bunch of people rushed out and added him like looters during a riot and I guess I see "getting a roster spot" because of the injury a far cry from starting and/or playing because of it. For me, PASS.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Quote :
(FFToday) The New York Giants on Wednesday put running back Andre Brown on injured reserve with a designation for a possible return. The designation means Brown has to miss at least six weeks of practice and at least eight weeks of games. Because the Giants have a bye in Week 9, that means the earliest Brown will be eligible to play is Week 10 against the Oakland Raiders.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/04/giants-make-it-official-with-brown-sign-ojomo/

Seems official as of today...

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Great! Now need him to get his MFL (I) designation so that I can cause some extra damage across some leagues.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 am

Quote :
Giants running backs coach Jerald Ingram said Tuesday that he believes Brown (leg) will be activated and ready to go for the team's Week 10 game against Oakland, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports. Analysis: Though Brown had suggested he'll be ready go Nov. 10, this is the first real indication from the team that he will be activated in time to face the Raiders. Brown recently said that he feels "great," and while he'll likely be eased into the backfield mix, there will be immediate flex appeal with Brown following the team's Week 9 bye, given his proficiency at the goal line.
The Giants need him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Signed with the Texans.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:06 pm

I think he will be a fantasy non factor here. Foster is going to get as much work as he can handle.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:27 pm

I don't know,  I think Foster is on the decline,   he is starting to break down...  I think Fosters days as a 30 carry workhorse are a thing of the past...   it would not be in the Texans best interest to overwork Foster if they want him to survive...   I could easily see a scenario where they work Brown in more than some people might think...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Brown has to be healthy for that to happen...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Yeah,  Brown will have to stay healthy if the Texans have any chance of keeping Foster healthy...    I believe that is called a catch 22,   and I would want no part of the current Texans backfield...   sick

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Probably the best possible spot for Brown, fantasy-wise, at this point.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:27 am

I would have re-signed with the Giants if I were Brown because I think it offers a better chance to get significant carries from week 1 on.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:44 am

Do we even know if they wanted him?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

CUT

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Andre Brown RB FA   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down