x

Share | 

Antonio Brown WR PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Interesting. I was waiting on this one as a bench mark to where Beckham will be next year. I actually expected it to be bigger. Suppose it depends on guarantees.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:35 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Steelers signed WR Antonio Brown to a four-year, $68 million extension through 2021.

The extension will pay Brown $17 million annually and makes him the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver, passing A.J. Green's $15 million average. The top wideout of his generation -- and arguably the best we've seen since Randy Moss -- Brown has 100-plus catches in four straight years and double-digit TDs in three straight. Brown turns 29 in July. Because his game relies on route running and not elite athleticism, Brown should age well into his 30s.

overhead banana7 santa banana

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm

That's a lot of dimp.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
That's a lot of dimp.
Auto correct is awesome.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
That's a lot of dimp.
Auto correct is awesome.

No, that's actually exactly what I meant to say. laughing

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:21 am

Well he certainly deserves to be the highest paid NFL WR based on production. In that system with Ben tossing the football I can see him being extremely productive for much/all of this contract. He might need to tone down the antics a tad, but I think the Steelers will take some shenanigans with his numbers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Well he certainly deserves to be the highest paid NFL WR based on production.  In that system with Ben tossing the football I can see him being extremely productive for much/all of this contract.  He might need to tone down the antics a tad, but I think the Steelers will take some shenanigans with his numbers.

We will see after 2017 when Ben is gone just how productive he is. They better get a plan in place, because what we have seen in the past two years when Ben was out, AB was below average.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well he certainly deserves to be the highest paid NFL WR based on production.  In that system with Ben tossing the football I can see him being extremely productive for much/all of this contract.  He might need to tone down the antics a tad, but I think the Steelers will take some shenanigans with his numbers.

We will see after 2017 when Ben is gone just how productive he is. They better get a plan in place, because what we have seen in the past two years when Ben was out, AB was below average.

Pretty sure Ben would like to play 3 more highly productive years. Not that the number 3 corresponds to his contract here. Nope. He wants to go 3 more vote yes

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Pretty sure Ben would like to play 3 more highly productive years.  Not that the number 3 corresponds to his contract here.  Nope.  He wants to go 3 more  vote yes

Nah, he has taken a beating. He needs time to play with his kids. The time has never been better for him to walk away. wink

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

This fucker already has 700 yards receiving through 6 games!  I wonder if he can keep it up and come close to 2,000??

That's an average of 130 per game, which isn't far fetched with his skill set coffee

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
This fucker already has 700 yards receiving through 6 games!  I wonder if he can keep it up and come close to 2,000??

That's an average of 130 per game, which isn't far fetched with his skill set coffee

I wouldn't be surprised.

What I am wondering though, is if in a way Antonio Brown has fucked Big Ben up? Ben and AB have synced up so well and in the past it didn't stop other receivers from having success and now Ben can't get on the same page with anyone else. Martavis was rumored to be in somewhat of a doghouse but I'm unclear as to why because the entire team looked flat as fuck...and now Bryant has asked for a trade (thank god) but i's not like Ben is having real success elsewhere.

I know there are plenty of folks that believe that JuJu Smith-Shoes-ter is something great but I disagree, for the same reason the masses were wrong about Sammie fuckin Coates, Markus Wheaton and Eli Rogers.

My guess is we'll never know. I think Ben will be done after this year (if he wins the SB he'll want to leave on a high note but more likely this doesn't end well why would he go again?) and while Brown is obviously very good, I'm not sure his value doesn't take a decent hit when his QB walks away.

It is the Steelers though...one of those teams (look at the coaching history) might go as Green Bay went and step right from Big Ben into another golden boy QB.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 am

AB is done when Ben is gone next year. I mean, AB will be a BELOW average WR. Look at the numbers without Ben. His future is in trouble.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
AB is done when Ben is gone next year. I mean, AB will be a BELOW average WR. Look at the numbers without Ben. His future is in trouble.

That is the worst thing I've ever seen posted on this site.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That is the worst thing I've ever seen posted on this site.

Nah...it's an opinion that's too far towards crazy but I'll rank every single post that argued with me as worse than this. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 pm

It only takes one competent QB that can get AB the ball to keep his value up. Case in point, Watson to Hopkins. Deandre was awful last year but a rookie with an average arm is putting him back on the map as an elite WR. There are some decent players in this years draft at the QB position. One of them will end up on the steelers.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

This is just silly. The only times he's been without Ben he's been with clear backup QBs. It's not like they have Ben's replacement on the roster already.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That's just crazy, I'll put $100 on the above average side

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Average. We will place bets when we see who God QB is, but when Ben has been out AB has been terrible.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 pm

I'll be ready and willing to bet. I think BELOW AVERAGE is insanity. I can agree that he could fall off dramatically but the guy is too much of a talent to fall as far as you claim. There are plenty of WRs that I would say this about but Brown is the real deal.

IF...

it were to happen I would absolutely blame the coaching staff and QB for being fuckwads. Brown doesn't have to prove shit at this point. One either uses him properly or they don't. If I come to your house, pick up a hammer you've used for 10 years without issue and claim it's a shitty hammer, what does that make me?

Wrong. It makes me wrong.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm not saying he would be an average NFL receiver, he would be average/below average in FANTASY, as he has been when Ben is not there.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I'm not saying he would be an average NFL receiver, he would be average/below average in FANTASY, as he has been when Ben is not there.

I understand...but that would still take a lot. When Ben hasn't been there he's had Landry Jones. If the future of the Steelers or another team is a player like Landry Jones you very well could look to be right. If however goes to a team that is trying at all with the QB position, he should be plenty fine.

What team today would fuck up Antonio Brown? The Browns, the 49ers and the Seahawks are all I see. The latter of course because they managed to fuck up the use of Jimmy Graham so you can't doubt their ability to fuck up anyone.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm

I'm with both sides here. I think he'd still be a top WR, his production would definitely drop with out Ben. I cannot think of a single QB that would give him as many targets that Ben does.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown WR PIT   

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown WR PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: