Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

vote no sad2 wink

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:13 pm

I haven't seen the terms of the deal but 1 year for $12 million would seem to be a "win" for Fitz. The Jets blinked.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Finally!  Fitz wanted a 1 year deal all along, and the Jets finally caved.  I think they rememberd Geno was going to be their starter, and it scared the ever loving shit out of them

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:47 am

People Dancing and Praying over Fitz-Noodle-Arm. Good Grief.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Shawn what I see is the guy who throws into triple coverage but has a big stud receiver grab it and barrel thru guys for the TD?
Is that what you're trying to show...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Shawn what I see is the guy who throws into triple coverage but has a big stud receiver grab it and barrel thru guys for the TD?

Did you see my roster? fun dance

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Yeah, Fitz is so stunningly average it is mind numbing, but he has big WR's who make him look good. He should have had around 30 INTs last season. His numbers are propped up with smoke and mirrors...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Finally!  Fitz wanted a 1 year deal all along, and the Jets finally caved.  I think they rememberd Geno was going to be their starter, and it scared the ever loving shit out of them

WTF are you talking about!?

Fitz wanted a multi-year contract all along, not a one year deal... and he started out asking for $18 million per year, then he came down to $16 and just about a month ago he proposed a one year deal for $15 million... The Jets were standing firm at around $9 million the whole time, they only recently bumped up the offer to one year @ $12 million with the recent cap space they cleared... They also put a 7 pm deadline on their offer to Fitz a few days ago and if he passed the deadline they were pulling the offer off the table.

The Jets didn't cave, they were in the drivers seat the whole time and were not going to overpay for an extremely average player like Fitz and in the end it was Fitz finally caved by settling for a 1 yr deal for $6 million less than he originally wanted. Nobody else wanted Fitz and nobody else was going to offer anything close to the Jets final offer, he finally signed it because the alternative was sitting out the season and not playing..

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Fitz wanted a multi-year contract all along, not a one year deal...  and he started out asking for $18 million per year,   then he came down to $16 and just about a month ago he proposed a one year deal for $15 million...   The Jets were standing firm at around $9 million the whole time,   they only recently bumped up the offer to one year @ $12 million with the recent cap space they cleared...

The Jets didn't cave,  they were in the drivers seat the whole time  

I'm pretty sure that WTF he is talking about is the same thing we were discussing on page one of this thread. On June 2nd I posted that Fitz asked for this exact 12 mil deal and the Jets said no. So yeah, the Jets caved just as Derrick said.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Fitz wanted a multi-year contract all along, not a one year deal...  and he started out asking for $18 million per year,   then he came down to $16 and just about a month ago he proposed a one year deal for $15 million...   The Jets were standing firm at around $9 million the whole time,   they only recently bumped up the offer to one year @ $12 million with the recent cap space they cleared...

I'm pretty sure that WTF he is talking about is the same thing we were discussing on page one of this thread. On June 2nd I posted that Fitz asked for this exact 12 mil deal and the Jets said no. So yeah, the Jets caved just as Derrick said.

Really? So you are just going to ignore the parts where Fitz started off demanding $18 million, then lowered to $16 million, etc... or the fact that he turned down a 3 yr $24 million deal that included $12 million in the first year... saying that all Fitz was asking for all along was a 1 yr $12 million deal is just simply false... Fitz went from demanding $18 million per year on a multi year deal to accepting one year for $12 million, but it was the Jets who caved?! Okay, whatever... dizzy laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:01 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Really?  So you are just going to ignore the parts where Fitz started off demanding $18 million,  then lowered to $16 million,  etc...   or the fact that he turned down a 3 yr $24 million deal that included $12 million in the first year...  saying that all Fitz was asking for all along was a 1 yr $12 million deal is just simply false...   Fitz went from demanding $18 million per year on a multi year deal to accepting one year for $12 million,   but it was the Jets who caved?!   Okay,  whatever...  dizzy laughing

No, he didn't get the 18 million that he started off asking. If that's enough to make you feel right, then you're right. But he made a counter offer almost 2 months ago that the Jets eventually caved to.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:28 pm

Its not about being right, it's just the facts...

Fitzpatrick started out wanting multi year deal @ $18 million...
One of the Jets earlier offers was 3 yr $24 million with $12 million in 1st year...
Fitzpatrick didn't want that deal because he wanted more than $12 million...
Fitzpatrick then decided he wanted $16 million per year, still looking for a multi year deal...
Fitz then 'caved' and said he would accept a 1 yr $12 million deal...
The Jets couldn't afford 1yr $12 million for most of the offseason because of cap space...
With cap space, the Jets finally offer 1 yr $12 million...
Fitz finally accepts the 1 yr deal with minutes to spare before the deal is pulled...

Fitz finally realized that absolutely NO team in the NFL was going to pay him starter money and he eventually signed the deal... I don't see another factual way to interpret the events other than Fitz ended up getting less years and less money than he spent the whole summer holding out for and believing he was worth...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Its not about being right,   it's just the facts...  

We could go back and forth about the facts. My point being the fact he was told no to this deal 2 months ago, and 2 months later got what he wanted all along.

But I'll let you make one more post about how he had to cave because he didn't want to play 2 years at 6 million, and then I'll let it rest.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Its not about being right,   it's just the facts...  

We could go back and forth about the facts. My point being the fact he was told no to this deal 2 months ago, and 2 months later got what he wanted all along.

But I'll let you make one more post about how he had to cave because he didn't want to play 2 years at 6 million, and then I'll let it rest.

That is NOT what he wanted all along... that was the whole point... he got a lot less than he originally wanted... Not sure why that is so hard for you to comprehend... mock

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Quote :

That is NOT what he wanted all along... that was the whole point..

Maybe it was. Evil laugh Maybe it was.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:06 pm

...don't forget the added $3 mil in incentives, based on "team performance"  That "could" bring it to that $15 mil mark, and make Fitz the winner in the deal.  

Besides, isn't the real point of all this, that geNO sucks?  Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 am

I was perusing a particular website this morning and came across the blurb below, couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't agree more...

Quote :
AVOID: RYAN FITZPATRICK V. BENGALS

Rostered: 37 percent
Line: +2.5
O/U: 41.5

Fitzpatrick — like most things associated with his alma mater – is more than a little overrated. He was basically a QB1 in 2015, which is more than I can say for any of the three QBs I’m recommending here. But that production was a mirage, and the truth comes out starting this week. Only Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland have lower implied totals than New York’s 19.5. And the Bengals are a brutal passing matchup. They intercepted 21 passes and allowed just 18 touchdown throws, making them the only defense in the league with a better than 1:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Not good news for an interception machine that sometimes poses as an NFL QB.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:13 am

I was perusing a particular website this morning and came across the blurb below,   couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't agree more...

Quote :

Fitzpatrick — like most things associated with his alma mater – is more than a little overrated. He was basically a QB1 in 2015, which is more than I can say for any of the three QBs I’m recommending here. But that production was a mirage, and the truth comes out starting this week. Only Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland have lower implied totals than New York’s 19.5. And the Bengals are a brutal passing matchup. They intercepted 21 passes and allowed just 18 touchdown throws, making them the only defense in the league with a better than 1:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio.  Not good news for an interception machine that sometimes poses as an NFL QB.

The value of Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't lie within himself. He has the 2 most consistent WRs in the NFL, and he puts the ball in their hands. He also has a pretty decent pass catching back... or 2.

As far as the matchup is concerned, the 2016 Bengals pass defense is not up to par with the 2015 defense.

Now, I have decided to keep Fitz on the bench this week, but only because I feel Cousins and Taylor are better options. But Fitzpatrick won't put up numbers that you will laugh at this week. I'd play him over at least a dozen other starting QBs.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 am

How are the Bengals worse on defense than 2015 - they basically didn't lose anyone except Burfict for a few games?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
How are the Bengals worse on defense than 2015 - they basically didn't lose anyone except Burfict for a few games?

A guy named Reggie Nelson. Just 2 players is huge.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:41 am

I was perusing a particular website this morning and came across the blurb below,   couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't agree more...

Quote :

Fitzpatrick — like most things associated with his alma mater – is more than a little overrated. He was basically a QB1 in 2015, which is more than I can say for any of the three QBs I’m recommending here. But that production was a mirage, and the truth comes out starting this week. Only Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland have lower implied totals than New York’s 19.5. And the Bengals are a brutal passing matchup. They intercepted 21 passes and allowed just 18 touchdown throws, making them the only defense in the league with a better than 1:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio.  Not good news for an interception machine that sometimes poses as an NFL QB.

I thought this was going to be discussion about Harvard... lol3

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Quote :

The value of Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't lie within himself. He has the 2 most consistent WRs in the NFL, and he puts the ball in their hands. He also has a pretty decent pass catching back... or 2.

As far as the matchup is concerned, the 2016 Bengals pass defense is not up to par with the 2015 defense.

Now, I have decided to keep Fitz on the bench this week, but only because I feel Cousins and Taylor are better options. But Fitzpatrick won't put up numbers that you will laugh at this week. I'd play him over at least a dozen other starting QBs.

Kid looks good to me. rock on

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 pm

He has more points than every QB in the league fun dance

Haters be hatin'

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:14 pm

I own Fitzmagic in one league (my 3 QB league), and I enjoyed him last year, and he looks to be ready for another good season. He surely has the weapons.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I own Fitzmagic in one league (my 3 QB league), and I enjoyed him last year, and he looks to be ready for another good season. He surely has the weapons.

He definitely has weapons, that is what is masking how absolutely average his talent is...

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:59 pm

There are some in Cincinnati who wonder whether the Bengals would have been better served building the franchise around Patrick Fitzryan. Wasn't terrible as a backup there.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Haters be hatin'

Haters gonna be proved right...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Haters be hatin'

He keeps playing like that they will.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am

Fitz joins the Elite.
6 pick club: Peyton, Favre, Fitz
5 pick club: Flacco, Brees, Eli, Romo, Ryan, Cutler, Fitz!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:06 pm

I mean it was pretty freaking impressive to me... 7 turnovers from the QB position doesn't happen too often.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Haters be hatin'

Only half as many picks this week laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Haters be hatin'

Only half as many picks this week laughing

He's playing much better laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Benched!
Gotta say I called this

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Yeah I saw this coming too Laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Held out for all that extra money, because he thought he was worth it...... Now he's riding the pine! mock

At least he's getting paid though

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm

Geno Smith's knee injury is believed to be a torn ACL.
Quote :
It will end the star-crossed quarterback's season, and almost certainly his Jets tenure. Smith attempted 14 passes before going down against the Ravens. Smith has been a hard-luck player for Gang Green, but also woefully incapable of creating his own luck. Smith has made zero progress since being taken with the No. 39 overall pick of the 2013 draft. His field command and lack of awareness are his biggest weaknesses. The Jets will move forward with Ryan Fitzpatrick, who won't be under threat from the awful back-up brigade of Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty no matter how poorly he plays. Headed for free agency, Smith turned 26 earlier this month.

Back to Fitz!

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TB   Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 pm

The man with one the best beards in the NFL, Harvard grad, glad to be out of NYJ, is going to Tampa...his 7th tm, collect some easy money and support JW.
With the receivers TB has, and his experience, if JW does goes down with an injury, Fitz has shown he can step up.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

bumping this... May want to merge with the new thread that Mobtown created...

Agree though.. heading to Tampa is a great spot for Fitz. Hold a clipboard, no state tax, with that beard he'll be about 17,000 degrees in the Florida sun.

I assume that within 2 weeks of getting here that Sty and Fitz will have a Moustaki/Beardaki challenge.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Yeah, I like this spot for him. Good Insurance for TB too.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm

any news on what the contract is worth? Stole 12 mill last year... smfh... JETS fan here... I will go away now......

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri May 19, 2017 4:09 pm

3 mil base and incentives

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4