Share | 

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
If we keep it up in a day or two this thread will have more posts than Fitzy has career TDs.

Poor Fitzy...

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Not sure I am a "proud" Geno owner,   but for what I paid in the auction which  was something like $1 or $2 WB's,   I will take a shot,  partially because I don't belive in Fitzpatrick and partially because I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Jet's don't resign Fitz...

I mentioned it before,  but it seems that everyone has forgotten or is just outright ignoring the fact that Geno was beating out Fitz in camp last year and was in line to start before  the injury to his jaw...   That was the only reason Fitz got the starting gig...   I believe it is perfectly plausible that the Jets are far more comfortable with moving ahead with Geno (and their rookies)  than overpaying for someone like Fitz.

I think that Geno has gotten alot of flack,   some deserved and some not so much...    He was thown to the wolves as a rookie with a terrible offensive supporting cast and he,  very predictably,   struggled through that year...   Some QB's need some time to develop and Geno is still young (25 years old),   I think there is still some untapped potential and upside there...   I don't think he's a lock or anything,  but I think he is better than those who are too quick to write off a young developing QB...   I could see a scenario where he steps in with the much improved Jets offense and plays well,   certainly worth the minimal investment it took to get him...

Appreciate the defense of "your Guy", and certainly worth a couple WB's to find out...But, you say many are ignoring the "fact" that Smith was beating out Fitz...I certainly didn't see it that way.  I don't claim to know the make up of the Jets as well as you may, but I do take notes during the pre-season and I wrote this in regards to Smith last summer:  "Good athlete, strong quick delivery, can make plays with his feet...Accuracy suffers, failure to read defenses, indecisive in his target selection....leads receivers into trouble...Fitz looks to be looming."  This was observed prior to the "Jaw" incident, and I clearly did not think Smith was a given to be the starter.  You also state he may need a longer time to develop than most QB's, yet this contradicts your very assessment of Fitz, being to old (given a seven year age difference).

Like you said, "No one can win a fantasy argument"  But a "discussion", certainly makes for entertaining off-season banter.  This drama is far from over...fun to watch how it unFOLES...wink  

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't know that it's fair to judge anyone who played under Jeff Fisher in the last 10 years or so...that guy is such a POS.  Fitz clearly isn't "great" but I think he's a decent player who won't fuck up a team that isn't already a problem.

shrug Huh?,    Fitzpatrick has never played under Jeff Fisher...    Not sure I follow...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I just remember his ass in Tennessee...was Fisher already gone by then? lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Whatever...I don't need facts. He certainly had JeffFisher contact through the Titans.....and Fisher is to blame.

raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Fisher's last year in Tennessee was 2010,   Fitz was there in 2013...   but perhaps some of Fisher's funk was still lingering 3 years later! laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Fisher's last year in Tennessee was 2010,   Fitz was there in 2013...   but perhaps some of Fisher's funk was still lingering 3 years later!  laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Damn, after all of this my love has grown for Fitz. Hell, I was not a fan before, but now I am rooting for him just so that I can say told you so.

May try trading for him, but he is really good so I may not have the ammo. laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Damn, after all of this my love has grown for Fitz. Hell, I was not a fan before, but now I am rooting for him just so that I can say told you so.

May try trading for him, but he is really good so I may not have the ammo. laughing

Good idea Nick...then I can trade Tanny to Karla. duckhunt

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:39 pm

If you can get rid of Tanny, do it Tom. Do it quickly. ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

This is especially funny, since I have a mail box flooded with your "silly" offers for him... ROFL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

This is especially funny, since I have a mail box flooded with your "silly" offers for him... ROFL

I thought my comment would be playful and funny.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I thought my comment would be playful and funny.

It is... high five

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Not sure I am a "proud" Geno owner,   but for what I paid in the auction which  was something like $1 or $2 WB's,   I will take a shot,  partially because I don't belive in Fitzpatrick and partially because I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Jet's don't resign Fitz...

I mentioned it before,  but it seems that everyone has forgotten or is just outright ignoring the fact that Geno was beating out Fitz in camp last year and was in line to start before  the injury to his jaw...   That was the only reason Fitz got the starting gig...   I believe it is perfectly plausible that the Jets are far more comfortable with moving ahead with Geno (and their rookies)  than overpaying for someone like Fitz.

I think that Geno has gotten alot of flack,   some deserved and some not so much...    He was thown to the wolves as a rookie with a terrible offensive supporting cast and he,  very predictably,   struggled through that year...   Some QB's need some time to develop and Geno is still young (25 years old),   I think there is still some untapped potential and upside there...   I don't think he's a lock or anything,  but I think he is better than those who are too quick to write off a young developing QB...   I could see a scenario where he steps in with the much improved Jets offense and plays well,   certainly worth the minimal investment it took to get him...

Appreciate the defense of "your Guy", and certainly worth a couple WB's to find out...But, you say many are ignoring the "fact" that Smith was beating out Fitz...I certainly didn't see it that way.  I don't claim to know the make up of the Jets as well as you may, but I do take notes during the pre-season and I wrote this in regards to Smith last summer:  "Good athlete, strong quick delivery, can make plays with his feet...Accuracy suffers, failure to read defenses, indecisive in his target selection....leads receivers into trouble...Fitz looks to be looming."  This was observed prior to the "Jaw" incident, and I clearly did not think Smith was a given to be the starter.  You also state he may need a longer time to develop than most QB's, yet this contradicts your very assessment of Fitz, being to old (given a seven year age difference).

Like you said, "No one can win a fantasy argument"  But a "discussion", certainly makes for entertaining off-season banter.  This drama is far from over...fun to watch how it unFOLES...wink  

Well if taking a flyer on a cheap QB like Smith makes him "my guy" then so be it, I suppose...

All the news blurbs last offseason were generally positive about Smith, I specifically remember Todd Bowles talking about how much Smith had progressed coming into his third season. The incident with his jaw happened near the mid point of camp and up through then Smith was getting the first team reps and starting in the preseason games... Technically you are right that he wasn't guaranteed to be the starter, but at that time he certainly had the inside track and I remember that being pretty much common knowledge...

I think it is beneficial for a majority of young QBs to sit and learn a year or two if possible and not be thrown to the wolves and possibly damage their confidence and psyche. I think Geno was definitely in this category and the Jets were a wreck at the time, but he was forced to play. However he is still only 25 so the upside is still there and I think he can improve.

I don't see how that contradicts the way I view Fitz, Fitz was eased in properly before playing but over the course of his career has proven himself to be very average at best... At this point he is what he is... You aren't really continuing to develop at age 33, you are either there or you aren't...

Big difference between a 25 yr and a 33 year old vet who has shown us what he is already... at least that's how I see it in this case...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Well if taking a flyer on a cheap QB like Smith makes him "my guy"  then so be it,  I suppose...

Just messin'; I couldn't figure out why all the man love for him, then I looked at your roster and all was clear.wink   Just think you are over hyping a mediocre talent, over another.  And if the kid can't rally the "locker room" he doesn't have much of a chance, regardless.  I don't recall one person speaking up for him after that incident; and according to accounts, no one even tried to intervene...that speaks volumes, a team doesn't let their QB1 get smacked around.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm

My opinion is that Geno is a thug bitch. And if you are a thug bitch that throws more picks than TD's, it will be hard for a team to rally around and support you and win.

Fitz seems like an easy guy to get behind.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Well if taking a flyer on a cheap QB like Smith makes him "my guy"  then so be it,  I suppose...

Just messin'; I couldn't figure out why all the man love for him, then I looked at your roster and all was clear.wink   Just think you are over hyping a mediocre talent, over another.  And if the kid can't rally the "locker room" he doesn't have much of a chance, regardless.  I don't recall one person speaking up for him after that incident; and according to accounts, no one even tried to intervene...that speaks volumes, a team doesn't let their QB1 get smacked around.

I think about all I have said in regards to Geno Smith is that I don't think he has had a fair shot up to this point and that I think he still has some upside and if given an opportunity he has room to grow and might develop into a decent player...

Not sure how that gets translated into "man love" or "hyping him"... come on now, that is just ridiculous...

I did like him coming out of college, but the only reason he is on my roster right now is that I put in a low bid and nobody else followed up so I got stuck with the bid and stuck with the player... same thing happened to me with Revis as well!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Geno who? Hackenburg will start for the Jets in a year anyway....which is why they are only offering Fitz. 6 mil.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:34 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Geno who?  Hackenburg will start for the Jets in a year anyway....which is why they are only offering Fitz. 6 mil.

I fully endorse this statement. It wouldn't be smart, but give the kid a chance! laughing vote yes

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:17 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I do want Tanny, but I dont have the magic trade dust to get him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:22 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I do want Tanny, but I dont have the magic trade dust to get him.

Yeah, Tom was asking for almost what others for top tier QB's were asking. I don't think he realizes that Tanny was QB19 with starting every game. He's not the QB10 that Fitz was. laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:43 am

Geno who?  Hackenburg will start for the Jets in a year anyway....which is why they are only offering Fitz. 6 mil.

If any of you thought that Geno struggled with accuracy... Hackenberg (the "Hack") goes through long droughts where he can't hit the broadside of the barn, he only had a 56.1 completion percentage in college, that is friggin terrible, and the passing windows only get smaller in the NFL... For me the biggest red flag in evaluating college QB's is completion percentage, 60% is the minimum to even be considered, in three years Hackengerg never hit that mark, he was close as a freshman at 58.9 %, but then he dropped to 55.8 % as a sophomore and even further down to 53.5 % as a junior! That is the wrong direction! If he couldn't compete passes at the college level, why should we think he will be able to do so in the NFL where the defenses are much, much stronger... Even Fitzpatrick hit the 60% mark in 3 of his 4 seasons in college, dipping to 57.2 % as a senior...

By comparison, Geno had a 67.4 completion percentage through 4 years of school, including a 71.2 % in his senior year and his worst season was still a 64.8 %... Petty might actually provide some competition for the starting spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Hack" stays in the 3rd string (or lower) role throughout his most likely short NFL career. I am still in shock that the Jets wasted a 2nd round pick on the "Hack"...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:52 am

Hack is better than Geno.  stir the pot stir the pot stir the pot

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Petty > Hack > Geno

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Petty > Hack > Geno

lol3

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:19 pm

You guys care to share any stats or evidence on why you are apparently so optimistic for a guy like the Hack who struggled to even complete half his passes his last year in college... I don't see it, he looks terrible to me...

Its easy to just be a pot-stirrer or just say somebody is better just because, but that is pussy ass weak sauce! Present your reasoning, if you have any...

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:55 pm

I have no stats, evidence or reasoning Chris - - - I actually agree with you and was just being a smart ass.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Ed, you are certainly well versed in the nether regions of the internet! laughing

How do you find some of the stuff you post?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:41 am

Great point. I'm not a big fan of Yahoo! sports, but they had a great article about why the Jets don't go all in on Patrick FitzRyan: Link

If you're trying to win now, Ryan is a solid #2 QB, as I think the Jets will run him into the ground and ease Hackenburg in. Trying to build a team beyond 2016, though, and Hackenburg will be entrenched as the starter.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:39 pm

I will be shocked if the Hack ever becomes an NFL starter, for the Jets or any other franchise... He was a mediocre college QB who struggled to even complete 50% of his friggin passes... I don't understand why some people are jumping the gun and anointing the Hack and just ignoring Geno (who was an even higher 2nd round pick) and Bryce Petty (who I think is a much better prospect than the Hack)...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:16 pm

I don't think any QB on the Jets is a starter 3 years from now. Everyone wants it to be someone but it's nobody. Hehe.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 pm

I will be shocked if the Hack ever becomes an NFL starter,   for the Jets or any other franchise...   He was a mediocre college QB who struggled to even complete 50% of his friggin passes...    I don't understand why some people are jumping the gun and anointing the Hack and just ignoring Geno (who was an even higher 2nd round pick)  and Bryce Petty (who I think is a much better prospect than the Hack)...  

Ummmmm, it's because Geno sucks dick.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Chris, the big thing for me is that Hack was recruited to PSU by O'brain. He left after his freshman year and was a square peg in a round hole at PSU after that. Not saying Hack is the next ARod, but looking strictly at college stats without considering systems changes is missing the bigger picture.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Evil laugh

Quote :
Jets fans attending the team's annual Town Hall event last Wednesday night booed when coach Todd Bowles mentioned Geno Smith's name regarding Gang Green's quarterback situation.
The fans also chanted "We Want Fitz" at the event, referencing free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick. With Bowles, owner Woody Johnson, and GM Mike Maccagnan fielding questions, the Q & A portion of the Town Hall was "dominated" by fans asking about the Fitzpatrick situation. It sounds like Jets brass gave them no definitive answers, and the fans were angered when Smith's name was brought up.  

If I might borrow from Todd... coffee

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Chris, the big thing for me is that Hack was recruited to PSU by O'brain.  He left after his freshman year and was a square peg in a round hole at PSU after that.  Not saying Hack is the next ARod, but looking strictly at college stats without considering systems changes is missing the bigger picture.

I agree with you that stats don't tell the whole story,   however some of them are absolutely CRITICAL indicators of future NFL potential...   for QB's,  I think the big one is completion percentage which is why I focused on that...   I tend to downplay who recruited Hack or what his scheme fit may or may not have been the last couple of years,  simply because every QB has to throw sometimes,  in college and the NFL, regardless of the offensive scheme...  The simple fact of the matter is Hack struggled mightily to complete passes in college,   whether he was throwing short,  medium or long,  which makes me VERY skeptical of his future ability to improve on this in the NFL where all the defenses are much better than anything he saw in college.

Trust me,   I am always taking the bigger picture into account when evaluating players,   I am also basing my opinion of Hack on many other metrics including an 8th percentile QB rating,  a 20th percentile Yards per attempt,  and a 16th percentile wonderlic score,   which I think is important for a QB and is the only thing that I like about Fitz and the main thing I dislike about Geno who has the same score as Hack...  Just looking at the stats seem to indicate that he is subpar and then for me watching him play only confirms it...   bad footwork,  inconsistent mechanics and woeful accuracy is all there on display for anyone that wants to see it for themselves.   He does have some positive traits and I am sure the Jets coaches believe they can fix him up and develop him,  but their track record is less than inspiring (see Geno Smith)...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Evil laugh

Quote :
Jets fans attending the team's annual Town Hall event last Wednesday night booed when coach Todd Bowles mentioned Geno Smith's name regarding Gang Green's quarterback situation.
The fans also chanted "We Want Fitz" at the event, referencing free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick. With Bowles, owner Woody Johnson, and GM Mike Maccagnan fielding questions, the Q & A portion of the Town Hall was "dominated" by fans asking about the Fitzpatrick situation. It sounds like Jets brass gave them no definitive answers, and the fans were angered when Smith's name was brought up.  

If I might borrow from Todd... coffee

No surprise here,   I am pretty sure we had already established in a different thread that the typical average NFL fan is an ignorant mouthbreather and I think this goes double for Jets fans!  laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't think any QB on the Jets is a starter 3 years from now. Everyone wants it to be someone but it's nobody. Hehe.

I don't completely disagree with this,   though I obviously think Geno has the best chance of the bunch...   with a slight chance that Petty develops into a starter as well...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 pm

No surprise here,   I am pretty sure we had already established in a different thread that the typical average NFL fan is an ignorant mouth breather and I think this goes double for Jets fans!  laughing

Agreed>>>>>jets =      

But, when it comes to geNO Smith...Just call Gronk and I MBDM's...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

No surprise here,   I am pretty sure we had already established in a different thread that the typical average NFL fan is an ignorant mouth breather and I think this goes double for Jets fans!  laughing

Agreed>>>>>jets =      

But, when it comes to geNO Smith...Just call Gronk and I MBDM's...

Not following you... confused

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Just like the passes of the Jets QBs, Tom's jokes went over everyone's heads.  

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Just like the passes of the Jets QBs, Tom's jokes went over everyone's heads.  

ROTFLMAO

Not following you...    confused

In simplified form:  I'm a "mouth breather"...and geNO sucks! make fun

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Let's get this done..........

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/08/keidel-life-without-ryan-fitzpatrick-jets/

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 pm

I think every week that goes by at this point starts to make me think that the Jets may be more comfortable with moving on without Fitz than the media is... It is looking more and more possible that Fitz may have priced himself out of job...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:22 pm

THERE IS HOPE!!!!! FAIRLY STRONG HOPE!!!!

And lowering Wilkerson’s 2016 cap hit comes gives the Jets more room to pay Fitzpatrick this season. Before Wilkerson’s deal got done, the Jets were slated to have just $2.9 million in cap space this season. Adjusting some other contracts was going to be necessary if they were going to get Fitzpatrick’s deal done, and now the Jets have adjusted Wilkerson’s deal, lowering what was scheduled to be the second-largest cap hit on the team, behind only the $17 million tied up in cornerback Darrelle Revis’s deal.

It remains unclear just how far apart the Jets and Fitzpatrick are, but signing Wilkerson is one step toward freeing up the cap space the Jets will need to meet Fitzpatrick somewhere in the middle and get their starting quarterback in camp.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:03 pm

FITZ signs 1 year 12 mil deal

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Well that was drawn out.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well that was drawn out.

Was just thinking the same. Why take so long. Surely 12m would have been on the table from the start seems a reasonable number...

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Especially since its only a one year deal

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Party time fun dance

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down