x

Share | 

Aqib Talib CB DEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Quote :
Patriots acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Buccaneers for a 2013 fourth-round pick. Analysis: A living, breathing trade. The Bucs are also sending a 2013 seventh-rounder to New England. It's a power move from the Pats, and further house cleaning from hard-nosed Bucs coach Greg Schiano. Currently on the last week of a four-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy, Talib is in the midst of a solid season despite getting absolutely throttled by Hakeem Nicks in Week 2.

I hope this isn't a bad sign for McCourty!

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Patriots acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Buccaneers for a 2013 fourth-round pick. Analysis: A living, breathing trade. The Bucs are also sending a 2013 seventh-rounder to New England. It's a power move from the Pats, and further house cleaning from hard-nosed Bucs coach Greg Schiano. Currently on the last week of a four-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy, Talib is in the midst of a solid season despite getting absolutely throttled by Hakeem Nicks in Week 2.

I hope this isn't a bad sign for McCourty!

Nope, that's a REAL bad sign for Arrington, they have been talking about benching him. Now, does this week count on the suspension? NE on a bye, I'm not real clear on the rules here.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

It's a 4 game suspension, not a 4 week suspension. Therefore, the bye week does not count.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
It's a 4 game suspension, not a 4 week suspension. Therefore, the bye week does not count.

Kinda what I thought. Thanks Todd

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Arrington sucks, and Ras-I Dowling just went to the IR.

I'm actually surprised they gave up this much to get him considering the dumbassery level, the one game suspension, and the fact that he's only signed through this year (though he'll probably be an RFA).

Giving up a 4th is no joke for the last 3rd of a season - Belichick better be planning on him to start. I hope he's not as stupid in football as he is in life.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 am

NE defensive backfield is just bad right now. I think this is a good move for them, IF they can control him. Guy is extremely talented, but just stupid. Probably his last shot. Hope he takes it like it is.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 am

Quote :
The Patriots have re-signed cornerback Aqib Talib to a one-year deal, a league source told ESPN's NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The move was a pivotal one for the franchise this offseason, as Talib was an integral addition to the defense after his acquisition at the trade deadline last season.

The 26-year old Talib returned an interception for a touchdown in the first of six regular-season games he played for the team, and quickly emerged as the team's top cornerback. The Patriots' confidence in Talib was reflected in him being used to shadow an opponent's top receiver during stretches of the latter part of the season.

He posted 19 tackles in six regular season games to go along with 10 more in the playoffs.

Talib was forced to leave the AFC Championship due to an injury suffered early in the game, and the Patriots secondary struggled as a result of it.

Good move by the Pats here.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
The Patriots have re-signed cornerback Aqib Talib to a one-year deal, a league source told ESPN's NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The move was a pivotal one for the franchise this offseason, as Talib was an integral addition to the defense after his acquisition at the trade deadline last season.

The 26-year old Talib returned an interception for a touchdown in the first of six regular-season games he played for the team, and quickly emerged as the team's top cornerback. The Patriots' confidence in Talib was reflected in him being used to shadow an opponent's top receiver during stretches of the latter part of the season.

He posted 19 tackles in six regular season games to go along with 10 more in the playoffs.

Talib was forced to leave the AFC Championship due to an injury suffered early in the game, and the Patriots secondary struggled as a result of it.

Good move by the Pats here.

Whew!!!! I got him cheap then at 9 WB's.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots CB Aqib Talib (hip) is not expected to play in the team's Week 8 game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Quote :
Owner Bob Kraft was evasive when asked if he's confident the Patriots will re-sign free agent Aqib Talib. Analysis: "It's not like we have unlimited funding," said Kraft. "He wasn't on the field a lot of the time since he's been with us. It's a balance of us balancing all that out and what is he worth. ... We'd like to have him here and now it's just about doing business."

Not what I'd call a ringing endorsement.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 pm

wow.surprising comments from Kraft.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:34 am

Quote :
The Denver Broncos reached an agreement with free-agent CB Aqib Talib on a six-year, $57 million contract Tuesday, March 11. That includes $26 million in guaranteed money, according to sources.

Most guaranteed money by a CB ever.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
The Denver Broncos reached an agreement with free-agent CB Aqib Talib on a six-year, $57 million contract Tuesday, March 11. That includes $26 million in guaranteed money, according to sources.

Most guaranteed money by a CB ever.

...for the next 24 hours or so.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Quote :
WFAA Dallas reports Broncos CB Aqib Talib is being investigated for aggravated assault after an altercation at a Dallas-area nightclub early Wednesday morning. Analysis: Little details are available, but both Talib and his brother are under investigation by the Dallas PD. Two vehicles associated with the Talibs have been towed and are being searched for evidence. Talib was an off-field malcontent early in his career with the Bucs, but had managed to stay out of trouble in recent years.

Ruh roh raggy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Holy shit. He has quite the history huh?

Quote :
From wikipedia:
Legal and conduct issues[edit] Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[16] On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver,[17] and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[18] In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[19] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[20] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[21]

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Quote :
The Dallas Police Department has suspended Aqib Talib's case. They say after talking to witnesses they don't have enough evidence to proceed

SCHWAM

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Avoided the hammer this time but he'll find a way to fuck up again....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

Well this little scare let me retain him on the cheap so I'm happy haha.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:

Well this little scare let me retain him on the cheap so I'm happy haha.

I think we saved him on our team too.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:48 pm

With Goodell in office these players are high risk. They're always just one mess up from a 4 game suspension or longer. Definitely would have to get him cheap so u can afford a good contingency backup

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:30 am

Quote :
Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib was released from a Dallas hospital Monday and is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a gunshot wound in his lower right leg Sunday. But he is not expected to participate much, if at all, in the remainder of the team’s organized team activities. Details are murky on what happened early Sunday at a strip club in Dallas, where two others were injured from gunshots. “Everything was a blur, and I was too intoxicated to remember what happened,” Talib told Dallas police, according to WFAA-TV’s Rebecca Lopez.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:36 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

This wasn't Namath predicting a Super Bowl win but Shawn called it.  This has to result in a suspension -- I can't rationalize how Talib is playing but Josh Gordon is not.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:37 am

Anyone really surprised by this? Once a punk always a punk

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:40 am

I'm just surprised that JFF wasn't hanging with them.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:07 am

Aqib Talib hit the field for the first time today after shooting himself 2 months ago in the leg.  There's a chance he may be suspended by the NFL and Adam Schefter reports that he would be surprised if a suspension was anything less than 8 games.  That's 2/3 of the Roster Wars Regular Season.

Still no official word from the Whiskey Creek Gadabouts on the Talib situation.  Phone call to the Whiskey Creek Headquarters were forwarded to an answering machine.  He scored 169pts for the Gadabouts in 2015.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:43 am

Suspension forthcoming?

Quote :
Dallas police have concluded Aqib Talib accidentally shot himself in June's accident.
This has been the belief for some time now. Talib could be facing league discipline. The 30-year-old corner has remained one of the league's best through the first four games.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqib Talib CB DEN   

Back to top Go down

Aqib Talib CB DEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: