x

Share | 

New TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:04 am

Ok, HBO has a new series that just came out.  It's call Westworld.  It's kind of like a Sci-Fi western I-Robot type show.  Basically, real humans pay big bucks to go on a vacation/adventure and interact with these human type programed robots.  I'm not really a Sci-Fi viewer, but I like Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris so I watched the first episode. 

Not really sure what to think yet, but it was intriguing.  Any Sci-Fi buffs here that have seen it?  Or has anybody else checked out this show yet?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:27 am

Where you been Bern?? wink

Westworld (1973)
"A robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park".
Director: Michael Crichton
Writer: Michael Crichton
Stars: Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin, James Brolin |

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Where you been Bern??   wink

Westworld (1973)
"A robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park".
Director: Michael Crichton
Writer: Michael Crichton
Stars: Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin, James Brolin |

Like I said, Sci-Fi isn't my thing. laughing   Besides, in '73, I was 6 years old and watching Yogi Bear & Boo Boo (I mean that bear was a picnic basket thief). 

So this is a remake, huh?  Who knew?   shrug Michael Crichton came up with this kind of stuff back in '73?  Impressive.  If I do end up getting into this series, it would then be interesting to watch the '73 series too.  Never did get into Star Trek, Star Wars, or any of the new zombie stuff that has been so popular.  I'm just trying to get in on the ground floor on something.  Thought that maybe this has a chance.   laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:49 pm

age dont matter no one none son - i was 2-3 in 73 and i knew about it - looking forward to checking out new WW when i get a chance

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
age dont matter no one none son - i was 2-3 in 73 and i knew about it - looking forward to checking out new WW when i get a chance

I was still watching cartoons well past that. lol3

I'd be interested to know what somebody thinks about the show when they have an idea on what it's about going in.  I really wasn't sure what it was about, so the first half was kind of confusing and slow as I was trying to figure it all out.  Once I caught up with the show, it was starting to get good for me.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:13 am

Don't know if you guys can get this over in the US, but there's a show that finished on the BBC last night called The Fall.

It ran for 3 seasons, just 6 episodes per season and is about a serial killer, set in Northern Ireland.

The leads are Gillian Anderson (excellent) and a pre-famous (season 1 at least) Jamie Dornan who is superb.

Very, very good. The best British thriller since Luther. Catch it if you can.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:41 am

I'll take a look.   Luther was excellent, so hopefully, i'll be able to find that over here as well

eta: Excellent! Just added it to my Netflix queue.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:56 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I'll take a look.   Luther was excellent, so hopefully, i'll be able to find that over here as well

eta:  Excellent!  Just added it to my Netflix queue.

Ah, good.

I'm guessing only 2 seasons may be on Netflix at the moment with the final episode only airing last night but it'll come soon enough.

It's a real atmospheric, slow burner. Hope you can understand the accents!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I'd be interested to know what somebody thinks about the show when they have an idea on what it's about going in.  I really wasn't sure what it was about, so the first half was kind of confusing and slow as I was trying to figure it all out.  Once I caught up with the show, it was starting to get good for me.

I'm really enjoying WestWorld. I was also a little confused at first but I'm totally hooked now.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I'm really enjoying WestWorld. I was also a little confused at first but I'm totally hooked now.
I want to check this one out too, but no time lately - sooner or later I will get to it

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:32 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Just finished Episode #3 and it's getting real interesting now. Still have 4 to watch but I don't want to watch it yet as I want to stretch it out a bit. I always like knowing there's always one more episode out there that I can still watch. laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:51 am

Does anyone watch designated survivor? Was told that is one of the best shows on tv now by several people.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Does anyone watch designated survivor? Was told that is one of the best shows on tv now by several people.

I watched the series premiere.  I like the premise but it didn't hook me, so I have yet to get to episode #2.  If several people are liking it, I may have to check out #2 and see how it starts to unfold.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

We're enjoying it

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I watched the series premiere.  I like the premise but it didn't hook me, so I have yet to get to episode #2.  If several people are liking it, I may have to check out #2 and see how it starts to unfold.

The pilot did not hook me either, but I gave episode #2 a chance and enjoyed it more. I still have other shows I enjoy more, but this one is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 pm

It's ok for me. I thought the idea would be as far as they could go with the show, but it's more like a mellow house of cards.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
It's ok for me. I thought the idea would be as far as they could go with the show, but it's more like a mellow house of cards.

House of Cards.  Now there's another show people tell me that I need to watch.  I've seen Season One at Target, but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Im more into comedies, so I wasn't sure if anyone had started watching the new one on ABC "Speechless".

Its about a special needs student who doesn't talk, his family and his life in a new school. Its pretty funny (though I may just think that bc I work in a school) but totally done in a tasteful way (not making fun of disabilities at all).

I

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:21 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Im more into comedies, so I wasn't sure if anyone had started watching the new one on ABC "Speechless".

Its about a special needs student who doesn't talk, his family and his life in a new school.  Its pretty funny (though I may just think that bc I work in a school) but totally done in a tasteful way (not making fun of disabilities at all).

I

Ok, I love comedies, but it's hard to find good ones that make you laugh out loud.  A lot of times, they're too predictable.  I checked out Speechless and was rofl ROTFLMAO That show is pretty creative and I watched the first 2 episodes.  To me, the 2nd was as good as the Pilot.  Definitely going to catch up on this show.  Thanks for the heads up on this one. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:33 am

Oh see my wife is into Speechless. I watched an episode and really disliked it. I just did not think it was funny for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:16 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Ok, HBO has a new series that just came out.  It's call Westworld.  It's kind of like a Sci-Fi western I-Robot type show.  Basically, real humans pay big bucks to go on a vacation/adventure and interact with these human type programed robots.  I'm not really a Sci-Fi viewer, but I like Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris so I watched the first episode. 

Not really sure what to think yet, but it was intriguing.  Any Sci-Fi buffs here that have seen it?  Or has anybody else checked out this show yet?

I'm 4 into this one. Really liked the first few episodes and I like the concept but its not really going anywhere for me. Going to give it one more try but may ditch it if it doesnt go anywhere!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oh see my wife is into Speechless. I watched an episode and really disliked it. I just did not think it was funny for some reason.

Really disliked it? surprised   I even watched the 2nd episode because sometimes the pilot is the best they got, but I was even laughing on the 2nd episode.

Don't tell me that when the family used the strategy to buy the worst house in the best neighborhood and they had a cell tower in their backyard but the father was thrilled because he now has like 30 bars on his phone, you didn't chuckle a little?  laughing   That's funny stuff right there.  shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:58 pm

I don't know what it was, just didn't like it.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I'm 4 into this one. Really liked the first few episodes and I like the concept but its not really going anywhere for me. Going to give it one more try but may ditch it if it doesnt go anywhere!

I finished 3 and so far so good for me.  I'm just still wondering what Ed Harris is up to?  He really wasn't in episode #3.  As a guest, how long does he get to stay there?  I'll watch #4 sometime this week, but it's kept me going so far.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I finished 3 and so far so good for me.  I'm just still wondering what Ed Harris is up to?  He really wasn't in episode #3.  As a guest, how long does he get to stay there?  I'll watch #4 sometime this week, but it's kept me going so far.

The actors are staying the rest of the series gets really crazy starting after episode 6

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 am

American Horror Story, awesome! Love this shit!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:44 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

5 episodes in to Westworld and it's probably my favorite show at the moment. No clue where the hell it's going but really want to find out!

Great cast and some very interesting stuff bubbling under the surface.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:36 am

Do they speak normal in the shows you watch, or do they have weird British accents and that strange humor? laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:40 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Do they speak normal in the shows you watch, or do they have weird British accents and that strange humor? laughing

Well the shows made over here have weird British accents, if they are set in Britain and use British actors...

The fact that a large number of actors in US TV shows are British but you can't tell as they are good at US accents is another point altogether.

But we don't dub US TV shows with British actors voices if that's what you are asking. You are speaking our language for the most part.

wink

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

England Dragons wrote:
You are speaking our language for the most part.

Hmmm - - - I always thought you were speaking our language.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well the shows made over here have weird British accents, if they are set in Britain and use British actors...

The fact that a large number of actors in US TV shows are British but you can't tell as they are good at US accents is another point altogether.

But we don't dub US TV shows with British actors voices if that's what you are asking. You are speaking our language for the most part.

wink

I know, there are several funny points in all of this, but I figured to poke you buddy.

It freaks me out when there is an actor/actress that I have seen in several things and later find out they have a British accent. When I try to do a British accent it just sounds Irish. rofl

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 am

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:25 am

I'm more confused after watching that video. Gooday mate!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:12 am

England Dragons wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

5 episodes in to Westworld and it's probably my favorite show at the moment. No clue where the hell it's going but really want to find out!

laughing

I just watched Episode 4 on Saturday night and the ending was pretty awesome as some of the hosts are now having flashbacks and the one prostitute cut herself open to pull out the bullet. 

Sloppy work by the lab when they repair the hosts and didn't remove the bullet. What were they thinking? laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
You are speaking our language for the most part.

Hmmm - - - I always thought you were speaking our language.

Not really. But I'm sure we can agree that we are speaking each other's language....?

wink

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:

I hope he's not getting paid for that shit.

laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

wink

I know, there are several funny points in all of this, but I figured to poke you buddy.

It freaks me out when there is an actor/actress that I have seen in several things and later find out they have a British accent. When I try to do a British accent it just sounds Irish. rofl

laughing

I often can't tell either. IMDB rules!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

laughing

I just watched Episode 4 on Saturday night and the ending was pretty awesome as some of the hosts are now having flashbacks and the one prostitute cut herself open to pull out the bullet. 

Sloppy work by the lab when they repair the hosts and didn't remove the bullet. What were they thinking? laughing

Wait 'til you see episode 5!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:25 am

Anyone else watching that new show 'Mars'. I'm 2 episodes in and absolutely hooked on that one? Think it will be brilliant.

Also 'Shooter' started the TV version of the Wahlberg film (and I think Wahlberg produces it) and that was pretty good although im not 100% sold on that one yet.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 am

I tend to like cheesy shows, so don't take this recommendation for much, but I'm hooked on The Last Ship. I just started season 2 on Hulu from TNT.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:49 am

I think that Designated Survivor is the best new show on TV. We are absolutely hooked on this one.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:11 pm

I enjoy Designated Survivor as well. I am also watching "Conviction", which is not awful. I think they will run out of story lines pretty quickly on that show however.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I tend to like cheesy shows, so don't take this recommendation for much, but I'm hooked on The Last Ship. I just started season 2 on Hulu from TNT.

Heck, I'm all about cheesy shows too.  My son & I got hooked on Last Ship when it came out and would DVR it and watch each episode.  I liked it for the end of the world scenario.  Then he went off to college before season 2 and then it kind of fell off the map for me.  For me, I'll watch anything that will get my attention and for the enjoyment of it, cheesy or not.  I've even gotten hooked on the new season of the Curse of Oak Island and started watching Hunting Hitler.  Conspiracy, mystery, entertainment, I'm easily hooked. laughing

As for Westworld, I had cooled off and not watched it for a bit, but started back up on it.  Just finished Episode 7 and now that episode has reeled me back in! vote yes

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:17 am

Hunting Hitler was an awesome Documentary Bern, I watched that a while back - really enjoyed it.

What do you think? I think he made it out, there is no way an ego maniac like Hitler would kill himself!!!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:37 am

New season of Alone is underway. The physical aspect is one thing, but I get hooked on this show from the mental aspects of being totally isolated.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
New season of Alone is underway. The physical aspect is one thing, but I get hooked on this show from the mental aspects of being totally isolated.

Yes! It's weird that they are not in Canada this time. Absolutely love this show, I wish I could binge watch instead of watching week to week but I can't not watch it. I can't believe dude left already. If you go, you have to make it longer than that.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 am

Just watched the Westworld finale. Absolutely brilliant. Got to be about the best new show this year.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:37 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

House of Cards.  Now there's another show people tell me that I need to watch.  I've seen Season One at Target, but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

House of Cards is DEFINITELY worth your time.  The first season is the best by far, if you get it and dont care for it dont spend your money on the other seasons, but Netflix is where I watched it.

The other seasons are good, but one of the seasons it felt like there were setting foundation for the season to come after.  I loved season 1 the best though.

We just watched The Crown on Netflix.

Just started The Glitch last night.  2 episodes in.  Again one of the Netflix originals

I will never watch westworld (not by bag of tea) and never saw GofT on HBO and likely wont but we will see.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Yes! It's weird that they are not in Canada this time. Absolutely love this show, I wish I could binge watch instead of watching week to week but I can't not watch it. I can't believe dude left already. If you go, you have to make it longer than that.

These contestants are survivalists, how can they not make it a week at the very least? shrug I've done a lot of tent camping in my younger days and I know I can survive at least 48 hours. By then I'll start getting real hungry and then I'd tap out. laughing I have no false illusions that I can do what they do, but I don't even think the solitude of being alone for a few days would bother me. I just don't have the skills to survive out there. grin

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

House of Cards is DEFINITELY worth your time.  The first season is the best by far, if you get it and dont care for it dont spend your money on the other seasons, but Netflix is where I watched it.

The other seasons are good, but one of the seasons it felt like there were setting foundation for the season to come after.  I loved season 1 the best though.

We just watched The Crown on Netflix.

Just started The Glitch last night.  2 episodes in.  Again one of the Netflix originals

I will never watch westworld (not by bag of tea) and never saw GofT on HBO and likely wont but we will see.

Did finally purchase Season 1 of "House of Cards" but haven't started it yet.

I'm with you Carla, have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. Not a sci-fi guy either, but Westworld has kept my attention. I've watched 7 episodes now so I'm still interested enough to continue as it has been good. As a matter of fact, the end of #7 was damn good and I definitely have to continue. The weird thing is that I have to be in the right mood or frame of mind to watch that show. shrug

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   

Back to top Go down

New TV Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: