x

Share | 

New TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: New TV Shows   Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Lots of new stuff coming on over here. What are you guyd watching and what do you like?

Elementary
Modern twist on Sherlock Holmes with Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Whatserface as Holmes and Watson, set in New York. Watched the first 2 episodes and am enjoying it so far. Got a real Monk / Mentalist feel to it so high hopes for this one.

Arrow
Rich guy gets stranded on a Deserted Island for 5 years before rescue. Gets rescued. Comes back to richdom and struggles to adapt. Has something to do with arrows. Watched it for about 12 minutes before turning off. Utter shit.

Chicago Fire
Aussie guy out of House stars in a Chicago Fire Dept (who'd have guessed that from the title?!?) recovering from the recent loss of a fellow Fireman. Only seen the first episode - will catch the second over the weekend - but it seemed a bit formulaic. Very like ER. But then I watched ER for years and really liked it so may be okay. Juries out on this one so far.

Last Resort
Set on a Nuclear Submarine which refuses to launch Nukes on Pakistan (I think) and then goes on the run. Or something like that. I fell asleep half way through episode 1 so still need to finish watching it. The fact that I fall asleep shouldn't be taken as a bad sign - I'm always falling asleep these days...

American Horror Story - Asylum
Not techncally a new show but sort of is. I loved season 1 but this is a new story with a partly new cast and the cast that are returning playing different roles. Haven't seen episode 1 yet but keen to hear any thoughts you guys have...

The Glades
Chicago cop relocates to Miami after getting shot in the ass by his old boss. Yes, really. And it's kinda great. He's your typical off the wall kinda guy but in an unusually non annoying way. Seen about 6 episodes so far and sticking with this one...

Continuum
Sci-fi time travel show where future criminals escape a death penalty by travelling back in time just as about to be executed. And accidentally bring a future lady cop with them. They then set about trying to change the future and she tries to stop them. I am still watching this despite the knowledge that they are idiots and can't alter the futute as they are in a different time line. She's also an idiot as she hasn't twigged that her husband is very clearly a very bad man and involved in some nasty shit. But she gets a pass as she's quite cute.

Can't think of any more. Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Not techncally a new show but sort of is. I loved season 1 but this is a new story with a partly new cast and the cast that are returning playing different roles. Haven't seen episode 1 yet but keen to hear any thoughts you guys have...

Mrs. Eternals is a devoted fan of American Horror Story. I saw some of it but it never got me sucked in enough to stop working on things during its airing.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Chicago Fire does the Fire service justice. A lot more realistic then some FD shows of past years. I am enjoying it.

I also really like Last Resort...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Last Resort and Chicago Fire vote yes

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 am

Finished watching episode 1 of Last Resort and liked it.

One question though. Why would the Government fire on one of their subs with 18 nuclear missiles on board? I know nothing of these things, but if they blew the sub up, wouldn't 18 nuclear missiles going off under the ocean be kinda unrpredictably catastrophic?

shrug

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Finished watching episode 1 of Last Resort and liked it.

One question though. Why would the Government fire on one of their subs with 18 nuclear missiles on board? I know nothing of these things, but if they blew the sub up, wouldn't 18 nuclear missiles going off under the ocean be kinda unrpredictably catastrophic?

shrug

Supposedly hard to set off a nuke accidentally. I can't find any better links than this article from slate.

Quote :

But what if Iran had 55 pounds of 90-percent enriched uranium already assembled into a bomb, and a U.S. or Israeli missile strike hits that material dead-on? Even then, the strike isn’t likely to cause more than a minor nuclear detonation. The chain reaction in a nuclear bomb is carefully choreographed, with the most common strategy being to surround the fissile material with conventional explosives and then detonate the weapon with a finely tuned electrical charge. That has the effect of compressing the uranium simultaneously from all sides and preventing any uranium from escaping its container too quickly. All of the conventional explosives surrounding the fissile material must go off within microseconds of each other in order to contain the uranium. In the worse-case scenario, a missile strike on a facility containing nuclear weapons would almost certainly mess with the synchronization of the charges and the compression would be compromised. The nuclear chain reaction would either not occur at all, or it would be cut short.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 pm

"The Americans" starts this Wednesday on FX. 1980's era cold war spy drama. The TV ads look pretty good. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Dallas was good tonight. Anyone watch?

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 am

I will say this I was skeptical of The Following with Kevin Bacon but it definately interesting and entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Spartacus "War of the Dammned is about to start... Been a great series so far.

Can't wait for the new season of "The Walking Dead" though... That show is the best ever to hit prime time TV..... Or cable for that part.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Spartacus "War of the Dammned is about to start... Been a great series so far.

Can't wait for the new season of "The Walking Dead" though... That show is the best ever to hit prime time TV..... Or cable for that part.

First episode of Spartacus is already on demand if you have it. But yeah I'm really excited for Walking Dead to come back

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 pm

yeah, watching it later tonight.....

Just caught up on episode 2 of the Ultimate Fighter.... Pretty lame fight on a terrible match-up. Next weeks fight is gonna be a little different though and I can't wait to see the knockout their talking about. I tried to find a spoiler to episode 3 but couldn't find anything.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:20 am

Hats off to "the Americans" on a solid debut on the FX.

They hooked me in the opening minutes with this musical gem from my past.

Toss in a lil Phil Collins later and it was like I was in a time warp watching tv.

Sometimes it's good to be oldish. Cool

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:
I will say this I was skeptical of The Following with Kevin Bacon but it definately interesting and entertaining.

Agreed; so far so good.

Am really hoping for a show to hook me now that Fringe is history.

Just so much terrible shit on television...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 pm

New Berlin Blitzkrieg wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:

Agreed; so far so good.

God, how I'm gonna miss the hell out of Fringe.....

Here's my list of Shows set on my DVR;

1) The Walking Dead
2) Spartacus "War of the Damned"
3) Castle
4) Elementary
5) The Mentalist
6) The Ultimate Fighter
7) American Idol (yes I'm a reality TV nut)
8) Arrow (lame acting but still a superhero addict)
9) Star Wars the Clone wars
10) Green Lantern "The animated series"
11) Young Justice
12) Ultimate Spider-man
13) Big 10 Wrestling
14) True Justice (Steven Seagal)

Shows I need to check out;

1) The Americans
2) The Following

Will have to set the DVR to record the last 2 since it sounds like they might be worth the hour of my life.....

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Hell, I completely forgot about Person of Interest... Great sho

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Watched episode 1 of The Americans. Well done. Great plot. Acting was top notch. Has potential to be a solid show.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 am

New Berlin Blitzkrieg wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:

Agreed; so far so good.

Yeah, I'm with you Richard. I do think this is Fox's answer to Fringe, as Fringe was the answer to the X-Files. The Pilot lacked I thought, but the 2nd episode has us coming back.

Netfilxing "Supernatural" almost through Season 2, kind of enjoying it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

I've been slowly watching supernatural. It's a fun show. Mindless, but it's nice to have a few of those

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Damn, can't believe I forgot to list "Hells Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares"

Love me some Chief Ramsey...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

I like Chef Ramsey myself laughing It would be wicked awesome if he started calling himself Chief tough and wore a headdress.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I like Chef Ramsey myself laughing It would be wicked awesome if he started calling himself Chief tough and wore a headdress.

To that crazy idea Ramsay would say ...

Here are two other Ramsay blow ups gems, that I might add are uncensored.

The French Pig & Fire in your face you Fuckin' Donkey respectively.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 am

Here's an update on the new ones I listed in the opening post and a couple more...

Elementary
Excellent stuff. JLM is perfect as Holmes and it's the first thing I've ever seen her do where Lucy Liu doesn't wind me the fuck up. Great stories, nice and quirky. It's effectively Monk II. And Monk was brilliant.

Arrow
Utter shit. My initial 10 minnute thought was correct.

Chicago Fire
Took a bit of watching but enjoying this now. It really is ER in a fire station.

Last Resort
Not for me. Silly plot.

Just watched the last one. Can't say how utterly disappointed I was with this show. Season 1 was brilliant - creepy, well written, different and enjoyable. Asylum was all over the place and they really missed a chance to make a great show after such a good start.

The Glades
Got caught out here. This is not a new show. New to the UK but you guys are in season 4! Season 2 started here last week - looks like they will be rolling out the first 3 seasons pretty close together and still enjoying this one. Who knew the lead guy was an Aussie though?

Continuum
Watched season 1 and stuck with it. Enjoyed it but always with a nagging doubt that it's all gonna go to shit. Still, season 2 has been scheduled so it must have done okay over there.

The Following
2 shows in and liking this one. Episode 1 looked to be going to the same places lots of other shows go until the last 15 minutes and it switched up nicely. Ep2 was strong so hoping this one's a winner. Having 2 excellent actors in Bacon and Purefoy certainly helps...

Vegas
Starts here in a couple of weeks. Anyone watched this yet? Worth a watch or not...?

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

I like Chef Ramsey myself  laughing   It would be wicked awesome if he started calling himself Chief tough and wore a headdress.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:02 am

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:

I like Chef Ramsey myself  laughing   It would be wicked awesome if he started calling himself Chief tough and wore a headdress.

OMFG, is Andy Chef Ramsey? Now that I think about it, besides the English thing they are the same dude! I bet off camera Ramsey calls everyone a cunt.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:11 am

I'm just glad Game of Thrones is back :)

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm

We've been watching the new Netflix show 'Stranger Things'. Has a very 80's Spielberg vibe to it. Enjoying it. Only 1 season and 8 episodes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
We've been watching the new Netflix show 'Stranger Things'. Has a very 80's Spielberg vibe to it. Enjoying it. Only 1 season and 8 episodes

Valerie and I are watching it too. Digging it so far.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Don't remember this thread before it got resurrected... Jon must not like comic based stuff, that is the only explanation for thinking Arrow is shit... If you are into comic based shows, then Arrow is a very fun and enjoyable show to watch... I am a sucker for the comic stuff... I also love 'The Flash' and 'Gotham' as well...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:34 am

Just started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix and I am hooked. I binged through Season 1 and will start Season 2 very quickly.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:15 pm

I watched and very much enjoyed Peaky blinders (Once I turned on subtitles).

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Don't remember this thread before it got resurrected...   Jon must not like comic based stuff,  that is the only explanation for thinking Arrow is shit...   If you are into comic based shows,   then Arrow is a very fun and enjoyable show to watch...   I am a sucker for the comic stuff...   I also love 'The Flash' and 'Gotham' as well...

No, I love comic book shows, but just the edgier stuff. I thought Arrow was terrible - felt like I was watching a show made for teenagers. I can't watch The Flash as I just keep seeing Sheldon from TBBT playing the lead and refuse to watch Supergirl.

Really enjoying the Netflix stuff - Daredevil, Jessica Jones and looking forward to Luke Cage this year. Also watch Agents Of Shield and enjoy that.

We watched season 1 of Gotham and it was okay. Interesting premise but Fish Mooney or whatever her name was ruined it for me. Chewed up every scene she was in. Terrible acting. So didn't stick with that.

There's so much good TV about that you can afford to be picky about it.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:35 pm

I have a similar thing with the character that plays penguin he bugs the shit out of me but we stuck with that one. It gets better and Fish is hardły in the next season if you ever get bored and want to go back to it

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Totally like this one.  Almost done.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Just started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix and I am hooked.  I binged through Season 1 and will start Season 2 very quickly.

This is top notch.....I know the new season is out and have not started it yet, but I will before football season.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:34 pm

We just finished Banshee. Was another good show

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:44 pm

We just finished Banshee.  Was another good show

Loved Banshee too - think they finished it at a good time though. Nicely done.

Anyone watched The Night Of?

Fantastic stuff. Highly recommended. Probably the best thing we've watched this year.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 pm

We watched the night of, and loved it (HBO).
Currently watching season 2 of Narcos and it is frikken awesome.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:01 pm

"The Night Of" is an HBO show? I have that. vote yes I'll have to check it out. The last suggestion by Jon was only broadcast on his side of the pond, I'll gotta be careful on what he suggests before I get too excited. laughing

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Redknights

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
"The Americans" starts this Wednesday on FX. 1980's era cold war spy drama. The TV ads look pretty good. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Absolutely love this show too! Every episode is better then the last. Finally they are up for an Emmy, well deserved. Try out Narcos on Netflix. It truly grows on you. Excellent show. (Season 1+2). Stranger Things, very cool show, especially for us 80's fans.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 pm

watched the "night of" thought it was good not great

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:11 pm

"Stranger Things" is the second best show Netflix has ever produced (the best being House of Cards). Very well done show, and Wynona Rider is surprisingly good.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 am

England Dragons wrote:

Fantastic stuff. Highly recommended. Probably the best thing we've watched this year.

Ok, I watched Episode 1 of “Night Of”.  This is the type of show that I enjoy.  What surprised me the most was the reference to a Roster Wars thread that was on fire this past summer.  So in the middle of this intense drama, I do a double take (no a double listen), rewind, and listen again.   I actually laugh out loud at what I hear.  Since this is more recent to me and the fact that it was probably missed when it first aired, I just had to share it with you all.  So here it is:

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:46 am

I'm on episode 2 of the night of...very good so far!

Is Narcos worth watching I heard a few people saying it was boring

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:00 am

Narcos is awesome. I'm in the midst of S2 of that now.

I liked the Night of until about 3 episodes to go... then well... just whatever; not sure there is a big enough eye roll emoji for me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:10 am

Started watching Limitless on Netflix and have been pretty invested in it so far.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Started watching Limitless on Netflix and have been pretty invested in it so far.

Pretty sure it's been cancelled after one season.

I like to spread the joy.

laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Narcos is awesome.  I'm in the midst of S2 of that now.

I liked the Night of until about 3 episodes to go... then well... just whatever; not sure there is a big enough eye roll emoji for me.

Ha! We were the opposite. Loved The Night Of, got bored of Narcos. Watched season 1, won't bother with season 2.

Each to their own!

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Ok, I watched Episode 1 of “Night Of”.  This is the type of show that I enjoy.  What surprised me the most was the reference to a Roster Wars thread that was on fire this past summer.  So in the middle of this intense drama, I do a double take (no a double listen), rewind, and listen again.   I actually laugh out loud at what I hear.  Since this is more recent to me and the fact that it was probably missed when it first aired, I just had to share it with you all.  So here it is:

laughing

Nice spot!

Stick with it - really good story.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:11 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

Pretty sure it's been cancelled after one season.

I like to spread the joy.

laughing

Yeah I saw that. Huge bummer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TV Shows   

Back to top Go down

New TV Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-