x

Share | 

Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Steelers would like to sign WR Emmanuel Sanders to a contract extension before he becomes a free agent.

Looks like he'll have a much larger roll next season when Wallace moves on.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

Quote :
Restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders is visiting the Patriots on Friday.
Power move. Even low-level restricted free agents rarely escape their tendering team, but the Steelers find themselves in a mess of a cap situation. Sanders is tendered at the original-round level, which means the Patriots would only have to surrender a third-round pick if they signed him to an offer sheet Pittsburgh couldn't match. The Patriots — as you may have heard — have a ton of 2013 cap room left, and could offer a front-loaded deal Pittsburgh didn't have a legitimate chance of matching. Just 26 years old (on Sunday) with 94 catches in three seasons, Sanders would be worth a third-round gamble. He can play all three receiver spots, and has 4.4 wheels.

Would be interesting to see what the Pats do with WR. I don't think Lloyd is back and losing Welker to the Broncos hurts. I get Amendola is similar but the guy gets hurt every year. Looking so far like the Pats don't have a WR you can trust to start the 2013 season.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 am

Offer made. I doubt the Steelers are going to be able to match as they have no cap space and the Patriots have a ton, so they probably front-loaded the offer.

Sanders/Amendola/Gronk/Hernandez is a nice group. Donald Jones probably WR4 or so, they're going to add someone else I think.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am

Quote :
The Patriots have submitted a one-year offer sheet on restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders.
By tendering Sanders at the third-round level and leaving themselves with under $3 million in cap room, the Steelers are at risk of the rare restricted free agent loss. They'll have five days to match the offer and may be able to, but they'd have to do more restructuring (likely of Troy Polamalu) that'd further bludgeon their cap situation down the line.

Sorry Justin, just posting this so it looks like I care about my post count. Cool

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 am

Hmm not sure If I like this for Sanders. He was a starter in Pitt this year and now he goes to a team that "supposedly" has a very hard playbook to figure out and lots of great players have not faired well over there.
Anyway, kinda hoping Pitt keeps him tbh.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 am

No way Pittsburgh keeps him, they don't have the money and a 3rd rounder will net them a nice WR in a crowded WR draft class.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am

I would take a WR in the 3rd round over Sanders any day of the week.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

me too.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

As a Sanders owner I don't this is a great move on paper, we will have to see how the Pats use him, does he step into the larger role that Lloyd had last year, or are they thinking about him in a smaller role like they did with Edelman... Big difference there...

I don't think Pitt can match with the lack of cap room, and I agree with the consensus here, with this years crop of WR they will be fine drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd. Even the WR needs a year or to develop its not the Steelers were going to be competitive this year anyhow...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

me too.

And me. Seems to be a bad move all round. Actually, maybe good for the Steelers...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

I'd be happy to get Sanders for the 3rd as a Patriot fan, I'm not super interested in adding a rookie WR unless it's a stud, and I don't really see a lot of those this year.

I am, however, a little confused about the offer sheet. I'm not a fan of giving up a 3rd for a guy and signing him to just a 1 year deal. I don't get that at all. It may have something to do with making the contract number too high for PIT to match and once they get him (if they do) they can give him a 2-3 year deal with a lower number in year 1, I don't know. Just seems odd.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Sounds like you're allowed to renegotiate a contract right after signing an RFA as long as the annual $ value of the first year is not lower than it was in the RFA contract the team offered.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm

And just as I was writing that I saw that the Steelers matched the Patriots' offer sheet. Sanders can thank Belichick for the raise, maybe some goodwill for FA next year. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 pm

I think he will do better in Pit then he would have in NE - less competition

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Agreed, this is probably better for Sanders value, at least this year, which is all that is important to me. I think it is an absolute lock now that the Pats draft a WR.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I dont have Sanders but I do have Brown and I think is good for him also - thats why I'm glad he stayed

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Agreed, this is probably better for Sanders value, at least this year, which is all that is important to me. I think it is an absolute lock now that the Pats draft a WR.

WR is definitely a priority but I would also not be surprised if they pulled off a trade for one. Them going after Sanders in what is considered to be a pretty deep WR class tells me they would strongly prefer bringing in a veteran WR who has some NFL chops already. I could see a relatively shocking draft day trade a la Randy Moss as a possibility.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Good to hear, I think Sanders will have a great year.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Signing with Denver.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 am

Should fit nicely as a 3rd or 4th option, until Manning retires. He could put up Decker #'s but sell high if there's a buyer.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:33 am

Not sure he will approach Decker's TD totals... Sanders is not quite the red zone threat that Decker was but overall he is a better WR so he should do pretty welll in that high volume passing attack.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Quote :
This has been in the works for a while and seemed likely to happen after the Broncos cleared up cap space by releasing QB Mark Sanchez and P Britton Colquitt. Sanders will not have the theoretical motivational benefit of playing for his next contract this year, but in reality, this does not have a significant impact on his fantasy value.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Way to bury the lead reporter man - you forgot to include a reference to what actually happened, AKA the 3yr extension laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN   

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: