Share | 

Jay Cutler QB MIA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler (ribs) doesn't even feel it a possibility he will sit in Week 8. 'I'm not concerned at all. I think Sunday, it'll be cleared up and I'll be fine,' Cutler said Wednesday, Oct. 24. Analysis: It'll be a minor shock if Cutler doesn't play, but whether you'll see big fantasy numbers out of the QB is a whole other question. Expectations need to be downgraded for now.

That hit Suh laid on him was awesome.  Totally legal and just BANG.  I love good hits.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Fri May 05, 2017 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Quote :
Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler suffered a neck injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Week 14 game. Cutler remained in the game for a few more plays but then was replaced for the remainder of the contest by Jason Campbell. Analysis: Cutler was 22-of-44 for 260 yards, a TD and a pick-6 interception before leaving as his neck stiffened. Campbell, meanwhile, was 6-of-9 for 64 yards and a late TD in the 21-14 loss. Cutler, who sat out Week 11 with a concussion, obviously will be evaluated this week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Quote :
Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman revealed on Wednesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix that the read-option will be part of the Bears' playbook. We wouldn't expect Jay Cutler to use the attack much, but it will give defenses more to prepare for. Cutler is athletic enough to at least make defenses pause on option-type plays.

Perhaps it also has to do with the Bears' division rivals.

"I know we're going to see it early and often. If I was playing against us, I would test the Green Bay Packers," coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com.

Trestman couldn't hide his excitement about working with Cutler on Wednesday -- and it's not because of Cutler's running ability. The new coach called Cutler "exceptionally tough" and said Cutler's arm was better than any quarterback Trestman ever has worked with.

Cutler's legs might get an occasional workout in 2013 too.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman revealed on Wednesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix that the read-option will be part of the Bears' playbook. We wouldn't expect Jay Cutler to use the attack much, but it will give defenses more to prepare for. Cutler is athletic enough to at least make defenses pause on option-type plays.

Perhaps it also has to do with the Bears' division rivals.

"I know we're going to see it early and often. If I was playing against us, I would test the Green Bay Packers," coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com.

Trestman couldn't hide his excitement about working with Cutler on Wednesday -- and it's not because of Cutler's running ability. The new coach called Cutler "exceptionally tough" and said Cutler's arm was better than any quarterback Trestman ever has worked with.

Cutler's legs might get an occasional workout in 2013 too.

Rolling Eyes

Hater

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 pm

And not ashamed to admit it.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:58 pm

And not ashamed to admit it.

I'm confused at what exponent I should use on this gross understatement. scratch

Lets use a base number of 8 to the power of 10 which tallys a cool rough 1 Billion (1,073,741,824) ... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Cutler back to the locker room.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Play didn't look too bad to me. he was walking on his own but looked to be in pain

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Play didn't look too bad to me.  he was walking on his own but looked to be in pain
I agree but he obviously tweaked something. We'll see.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Done for the day.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote :
Cutler will be out at least four weeks with a torn groin muscle. Analysis: As a result, Josh McCown, who took over for Cutler in Sunday's 45-41 loss to the Redskins, will take over the Bears' QB duties for the foreseeable future.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Quote :
Cutler will be out at least four weeks with a torn groin muscle. Analysis: As a result, Josh McCown, who took over for Cutler in Sunday's 45-41 loss to the Redskins, will take over the Bears' QB duties for the foreseeable future.
Knew it was coming. Torn Vulva.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :
Mulva? Delores!!!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:05 am

Cutler's last year in Chicago? I'd definitely let him walk.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am

I think it boils down to dollar$. If Cutler wants 20M range, then adios. Let some other team pay that. Fact is though there is a shortage (not 32) of legit NFL starting QB's, that week in, week out give your team a shot to win. Maybe the Bears get lucky and draft a young guy to take the helm. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Quote :
Chicago QB Jay Cutler came out in the fourth quarter Sunday against Detroit after suffering an ankle injury. Analysis: Josh McCown will be asked to lead the two-minute drill. Cutler finishes the afternoon with 250 yards on 21-for-40 passing. He threw one touchdown and one interception.
Hah.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Cutler is fucking shit... not "the shit", just plain ol' shit...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Cutler is fucking shit...   not "the shit",  just plain ol' shit...
Something about him has always irked the shit out of me. Can't stand him. I wish he was on the Cowboys.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Cutler is fucking shit...   not "the shit",  just plain ol' shit...
Something about him has always irked the shit out of me.  Can't stand him.  I wish he was on the Cowboys.
Perhaps its the stupid ass cocky smirk on his face, even when it is unwarranted and he just threw his 4th INT of the game, or perhaps it is his goofy "boy-band" hair-do's (although he did finally get rid of that ridiculous swirly-q overgrown mop thing)!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:56 am

Quote :
CHICAGO—Claiming they don’t want to rush the veteran play caller, Bears coach Marc Trestman announced Thursday that the team is giving quarterback Jay Cutler three to four years to properly heal from a lingering ankle injury. “For the sake of the Chicago Bears, we feel it’s best for Jay to take as many years as he needs to fully recover,” said Trestman, who reportedly advised Cutler not to worry about returning in time for the playoffs or the 2014 NFL season. “Looking at the big picture and long-term goals of this football franchise, it would be reckless and irresponsible to allow Jay to get back on the field too soon. Unfortunately, high ankle sprains can be tricky and sometimes need one or two hundred weeks to fully mend.” Bears general manager Phil Emery emphasized that Cutler should focus solely on rehabbing the ankle and that signing a contract extension with the team should be the last thing on anyone’s mind

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Fast healer.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Feel free to retire, man, think about your family...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Did I finally get you guys with an Onion story?!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:30 pm

No, the story is obviously a joke (fake)... we are playing along (or at least I was)... However, I really wouldn't mind if the douchebag retired! Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:45 pm

No,  the story is obviously a joke (fake)...    we are playing along (or at least I was)...   However,  I really wouldn't mind if the douchebag retired!  Laughing   
You and me both!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 am

Just signed to a 7 year deal. Dafuq.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Just signed to a 7 year deal.  Dafuq.

What? I haven't been to any news sites this morning, just here... He signed an extension in Chicago? Surprising considering he isn't even the best QB on the team!  Shocked 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Just signed to a 7 year deal.  Dafuq.

What?   I haven't been to any news sites this morning,  just here...   He signed an extension in Chicago?   Surprising considering he isn't even the best QB on the team!    Shocked 

Yup, saw it via NFL Mobile

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:16 pm

7 years. Wow. I think he's better than most seem to give him credit for but 7 years...

They really need to get McCown to stay on now too if they can - perfect back up based on what he did this year.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Excellent. The Bears have put themselves into cap purgatory.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 pm

as a bears fan all I have to say is - UGH

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Basically it is a 3 yr deal for 54M (22.5M in '14, 15.5M in '15, and 16M in '16). Same money as all the big name guys more or less. Are the Bears over paying? Sure. Hell, short of Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady they are all over paid IMO. Fact is it takes a year or two to groom a kid (rookie) QB. So the Bears will likely grab one in this or next yrs draft class to groom. That back up guy this year McCown isn't sure he even wants to play anymore as his wife and kids are living out of state currently. Factor in that as well as he played this year, he did it against literally the 4 of the worst top 10 secondaries out there. He basically beat on a bunch of midgets if you will.

Thus, do I love the signing? No. However, if the Bears didn't pay him someone else would have and sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:03 pm

I just don't see the Bears as so close to a contender that it's worth shelling out that kind of money for someone who has missed 12 of his last 48 games.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Beautiful thing about the NFL is it takes only one year to go from chump to champ and back to chump.

Bears "O" is as good as ever IMO. The "D" was a colossal disaster this year. Add a CB or two, a LB, maybe a S, and a DL or two and perhaps a new DC and the Bears could turn into a decent playoff team fast.

I think the "O" is sound for the first time in eons. Hell, even that normally crap line looks solid. Just so happens that once an "O" was found the "D" fell into an abyss never seen before in Chicago. In a word it was putrid. That can be fixed quicker than the "O" though IMO. So I see light and possibilities.

Finally, it ain't my money, so why do I care if they over pay him. I'd rather over pay him than Palmer, Sanchez, Freeman, Henne, Campbell, Hoyer, etc...

Only negative is cap. Well that will be helped once Peppers and his 16 to 18M is off the books.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 pm

I saw someone on NFL Insiders (a regular contributor, but I can never remember his name) make a good point the other day about Cutler vs. essentially every other QB available this upcoming off season. They were all garbage/retread/backup/low-ceiling guys, a completely hideous list. So if they didn't have the draft pick to grab a difference maker at QB, they were damn near forced to re-sign Cutler at an inflated price. Sucks kinda, but that's the reality of how limited the talent pool of truly elite QBs can be.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Which isn't to say that Cutler is elite, just that he's clearly a major step above the other options they were likely looking at.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 am

I think they pretty much had to sign Cutler (I like the devil you know reference) - it does look like a pretty cap friendly deal - the offense does look better then it has in a long time and GM Phil Emery pretty much did that in 2 years, if he can do the same with the defense then the Bears will be in good shape.

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Cutler a Miner!!! Welcome....

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Thought he might have broken ribs judging by that hit, then he throws a td so... impressive.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:56 pm

I fucking hate his face.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:03 pm

The media in Chicago are going to be calling for Trestman and Emery to get fired and the release of Cutler.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Good. He has a stupid fucking face.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:54 am

last week after the Bears were blown out by Green Bay in which Jay Cutler blamed the punter for the loss.
“Following the team’s blowout 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he would be the first person to admit the team is in dire need of a new punter. “It’s certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O’Donnell,” said Cutler, who pointed to O’Donnell’s blocked punt in the third quarter as playing a major role in the team’s unraveling and conceded that blame for the team’s loss rested squarely on the rookie punter. “Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit—when individual players aren’t doing their part out there, we’re going to fall short as a team. Pat didn’t play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that.” Cutler went on to acknowledge that Bears long snapper Jeremy Cain will also need to step up his performance significantly before next week’s game against the Vikings if the team is to have any chance of turning its season around.”

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 am

Wow jay wow.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 am

Congratulations Jon you traded for a top class guy that knows how to say "I was wrong" I need to improve" "I have red algae bloom in my tank and its my fault not the local fish stores"...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:13 am

Dunno what you are talking about. Clearly the punters fault. Everyone can see that...

belly dance

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:31 pm

The Onion ran a beautiful story last week after the Bears were blown out by Green Bay in which Jay Cutler blamed the punter for the loss.

“Following the team’s blowout 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he would be the first person to admit the team is in dire need of a new punter. “It’s certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O’Donnell,” said Cutler, who pointed to O’Donnell’s blocked punt in the third quarter as playing a major role in the team’s unraveling and conceded that blame for the team’s loss rested squarely on the rookie punter. “Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit—when individual players aren’t doing their part out there, we’re going to fall short as a team. Pat didn’t play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that.” Cutler went on to acknowledge that Bears long snapper Jeremy Cain will also need to step up his performance significantly before next week’s game against the Vikings if the team is to have any chance of turning its season around.”

Of course, you guys know the Onion isn’t real.

But apparently many Chicago fans do not possess that knowledge.

From Twitter:

“Cutler says "I'll be the first to admit... We need a new punter" Really jay? Is that what the Bears need????”

“Jay Cutler says the bears are in desperate need of a new punter. You sir are a special kind of stupid.”

“Jay Cutler honestly blamed the punter in the loss? Is this dude serious? Cutler is AWFUL”

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 am

Question, who is gone next year Trestman or Cutler??

They always blame everybody else but Cutler, so it be interesting how they handle this situation in the windy city?????

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:33 pm

neither...unfortunately

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay Cutler QB MIA   

Back to top Go down

Jay Cutler QB MIA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum