HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Demarco Murray RB TEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega City Legends
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Ok so let me get this straight.....

Beanie Wells goes on IR...
McCoy goes on Bye week...
Murray gets declared out for week 7 with a foot injury
Hernandez comes back from injury...

this is bullllllllogna...

my offense is shot to hell.....


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I didn't know Vince's head coach was Oscar Mayer. Go figure? confused



Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Feel your pain Vince.

I built a few teams on McCoy/Murray/Richardson. Not looking good next week.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Quote :
Though Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones doesn't have a timetable for Murray's return, he doesn't believe that the running back's foot issue will be of a lengthy nature, the team's official site reports. "I don't think it's long term," Jones said of Murray's foot injury. "I think we'll have him back in the foreseeable future." Analysis: Meanwhile, Jones all but confirmed that Murray won't be available Sunday against the Giants, with Felix Jones in line for another start at running back for the Cowboys, assuming his bruised knee doesn't keep him off the field.

It has been ominously quiet on this front.


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I honestly don't expect Murray to comeback anytime soon from this injury. I think we will see a lot of Felix for the next few weeks :(
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23361

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Cuda1337 wrote:
I honestly don't expect Murray to comeback anytime soon from this injury. I think we will see a lot of Felix for the next few weeks :(

...and Felix sucks so looks like a healthy dose of Tanner it is. Laughing


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Quote :
Dallas halfback DeMarco Murray won't play Sunday night against Atlanta. He's still recovering from an injured foot.

Ruled out already? I don't think he plays for another couple weeks.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Quote :
Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said that Murray (foot) has passed some but not all of the tests necessary before he's cleared to return to action, the Dallas Morning News reports. Analysis: "The process you go through with an injury like that is you have different thresholds," Garrett said. "He has to be able to do different things. He has to be able to 10 times go up and down on his toes. Then, he has to be able to hop on his foot by itself without any pain. Then, he has to be able to jog. All that kind of stuff. So there's a number of different thresholds that he has to get past before he can even practice.

thinking


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 am

Beginning to wonder if he plays again this season


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 am

DMC mark II?


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Quote :
Murray (foot) is doubtful for Thursday's game against Washington, ESPN Dallas reports. Analysis: Murray will be sidelined for a sixth consecutive contest. With Felix Jones (knee) questionable, Lance Dunbar is potentially the best running back play against Washington's seventh ranked run defense.

So it continues.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am

Quote :
The Dallas Cowboys plan to have RB DeMarco Murray (foot) at practice sometime this week, but there's no guarantee he plays in Week 13.

Teams with him that managed to limp into the playoffs might get a real boost if he can come back and be effective.


Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
The Dallas Cowboys plan to have RB DeMarco Murray (foot) at practice sometime this week, but there's no guarantee he plays in Week 13.

Teams with him that managed to limp into the playoffs might get a real boost if he can come back and be effective.


I didnt limp into anything....

Crying or Very sad

why Shady and Demarco why!?!? reaction


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
why Shady and Demarco why!?!? reaction

Reason number 'A' why you shouldn't roster the same players in every league.


Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Omega City Legends wrote:
why Shady and Demarco why!?!? reaction

Reason number 'A' why you shouldn't roster the same players in every league.

who asked you anyway? :dry:


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Omega City Legends wrote:
why Shady and Demarco why!?!? reaction

Reason number 'A' why you shouldn't roster the same players in every league.

who asked you anyway? :dry:

sadly, he is right.

Dammit.

Shady is gonna kill me in like 4 leagues if he doesn't come back.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23361

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Omega City Legends wrote:
why Shady and Demarco why!?!? reaction

Reason number 'A' why you shouldn't roster the same SHITTY players in every league.

fixed


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:18 pm

In the locker room with a knee injury.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 am

Quote :
Murray could miss 4-6 weeks after being diagnosed with a sprained MCL, the Dallas Morning News reports. Analysis: The severity of the injury isn't yet known, so Murray could avoid a lengthy stint on the sidelines, but given his injury history there's little reason to be optimistic. With Lance Danbar still dealing with his own hamstring injury, so-far unimpressive rookie Joseph Randle would probably get the start next week if Murray is ruled out.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 am

Quote :
The Dallas Cowboys are no longer sold on RB DeMarco Murray as a franchise running back. The team could look to add a running back at the trade deadline.
troll


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5713

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 am

Countdown til MJD is a Cowgirl?


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Countdown til MJD is a Cowgirl?
Yuck, I think that would be an expensive mistake for the 'Girls... MJD is no longer a franchise back himself...


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)The Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota believes Joseph Randle will be the Cowboys' starting running back in 2015.

Analysis: The obvious implication of Machota's comments is he believes impending free agent DeMarco Murray will not be back with the team next season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it would be a "challenge" to re-sign both Murray and Dez Bryant on Thursday, and given the choice Dallas will almost certainly pick Bryant. An aging running back with a long list of injuries, Murray should be after as much guaranteed money as possible this offseason.

Holy shit. 4 years. He's been in the league 4 years and already, he's an "aging" RB. Well fuck, if that's the standard, they ALL are. Every day.

I guess ADP (before this year), Forte, Lynch, Charles, Foster, McCoy, FJax, just to name a few, better beat feet to get a better seat at the dinner table at the home for old RB's...................

Plus, in a couple of years, he'll be joined by Lacy and Bell there................


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2562

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:29 am

Ah yes, Rotoworld and their brilliant analysis. I tend to find them very useful for reporting current sports happenings in a timely manner, yet shake my head when they let the intern that just smoked a joint in his car at lunch post in depth analysis.

Isn't this the same Joseph Randle that teammates were saying were sick of his shit after the Macy's heist.

The business side of the situation will probably land DeMarco a new home. Not his age, and definitely not Randle.


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm

NorCal Knightmares wrote:
Ah yes, Rotoworld and their brilliant analysis. I tend to find them very useful for reporting current sports happenings in a timely manner, yet shake my head when they let the intern that just smoked a joint in his car at lunch post in depth analysis.

Isn't this the same Joseph Randle that teammates were saying were sick of his shit after the Macy's heist.

The business side of the situation will probably land DeMarco a new home. Not his age, and definitely not Randle.

good post


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm

The next great RB, can't believe he's available for trade in TT.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Quote :
DeMarco Murray knows where the Cowboys and Jaguars stand. He's looking for more ($8M-plus per year).

Get the fuck out of here.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
DeMarco Murray knows where the Cowboys and Jaguars stand. He's looking for more ($8M-plus per year).

Get the fuck out of here.

That's what Mccoy got. shrug


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6066

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 am

The fact I heard DM has only earned 3M since being in the NFL (per espn talking heads this week) amazed me a little. He does deserve to get paid. Obviously 5M per year is nice, but I dont blame him for trying to stand his ground.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:45 am

All these running backs need to get together and refuse to play for so little. If they are all basically holdouts, then they will eventually get paid like they should. It is almost criminal at this point.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:08 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
All these running backs need to get together and refuse to play for so little. If they are all basically holdouts, then they will eventually get paid like they should. It is almost criminal at this point.

What are you a Union Rep? Fuck'em, are they helping you get a raise at your job? Do you like paying 30 dollars for a fucking hat? or hundreds for a authentic jersey? or have them preach that off market jerseys are supporting criminals etc... They can either learn to live on that paltry 4M plus a year or fuck off is my take. Paying a half weeks wages to take two to a game or being told to pay up for merchandise where the mark up is in the 500% range is bullshit IMO. A 5 dollar hat because it has an NFL crest on it is now worth 30 bucks, please. I know I am not forced to buy this shit, but what the fuck am I suppose to wear, some retarded I love NY hat? lol. Oh, and don't think the off market shit is inferior either, I have spent plenty of time at the sports wear store and found plenty of off balance, crooked, crappy stitched shit there. I have also bought online via the knock offs and the quality is on par with the marked up official shit and in some cases better and at 20% the cost. I don't begrudge people earning a living and making some cheddar, but I do not like or appreciate being hornswaggled by the players union cause sports has gone mainstream and they know we'll pay cause we just can't stop ourselves.

soapbox rant rant over, whew, Hallelujah.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:18 am

It's the most basic law of economics. Supply and demand.

Low Supply + High Demand = Higher Prices.

High Supply + Low Demand = Lower Prices.

Running backs aren't viewed as important as they once were. You're getting more and more late round or undrafted backs getting lead rolls and doing just fine. The elite will always command a premium but in the end the money is better spent on a top tier pass rusher, or o-line guy, or quarterback, etc.



Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 am

Murray is getting offers for 5 mil a year. Arguably the best running back last season.
TE Julius Thomas just signed for 9.2 a year.
CB Byron Maxwell just signed for 10 a year.
WR Torrey Smith just signed for 8 a year.
CB Davon House just signed for 6 a year.
QB Brian Hoyer just signed for 5 a year. So there we have it. DeMarco Muarray is now worth Bryan fuckin Hoyer.

If I were Murray I would wait until someone came to me with a real offer.

Yes. 5 million dollars is an insane amount of money. But not when your peers are making 20 million dollars.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 am

It's all relative to your position. Fact is the new pass first NFL does not put a premium on RB's. QB's, CB's, TE's, WR's, OT's, and DE's are where the cheddar is going to. If Murray wants to wait he can wait and wait cause if a team is not offering 8M now they are not gonna be offering 8M later. There are more RB committees than ever and RB's take likely the biggest pounding and have the shortest careers on average. So why would teams paint themselves into fiscal hell. If Murray wants big money now he's gonna have to change positions or come to terms with the fact that in the new NFL it is what it is.

2cents


Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 am

The Eagle rumors can't hurt his chances and getting more money right?

The guy was great last year and hasn't made squat so far in his career. Time to lock up some guaranteed money


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23361

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:45 am

Yup...it's really the same argument any other position could make about QB's. You want QB money then you better be able to chuck a ball like Aaron Rodgers. Runningback is not what it used to be in the NFL.

If I gave a shit I would make an argument that the entire system is flawed in terms of doling out money within the NFL but that's their problem, not mine.

I would also make the argument that far too many people are concerned with what they make in comparison to the next guy as opposed to looking at their compensation for the task they are being asked to deliver but clearly it does matter to some degree.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:45 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
It's all relative to your position. Fact is the new pass first NFL does not put a premium on RB's. QB's, CB's, TE's, WR's, OT's, and DE's are where the cheddar is going to. If Murray wants to wait he can wait and wait cause if a team is not offering 8M now they are not gonna be offering 8M later. There are more RB committees than ever and RB's take likely the biggest pounding and have the shortest careers on average. So why would teams paint themselves into fiscal hell. If Murray wants big money now he's gonna have to change positions or come to terms with the fact that in the new NFL it is what it is.

2cents

good post

Agreed, between the pass heavy schemes and the prevalence of RBBC, the pay scale for the modern RB is being driven down... It also doesn't help that this particular year there are a lot of good RB's coming into the NFL through the draft, that certainly takes some of his leverage away...


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Rumor: 5 year, 42 million deal from Philly about to be signed


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
It's all relative to your position. Fact is the new pass first NFL does not put a premium on RB's. QB's, CB's, TE's, WR's, OT's, and DE's are where the cheddar is going to. If Murray wants to wait he can wait and wait cause if a team is not offering 8M now they are not gonna be offering 8M later. There are more RB committees than ever and RB's take likely the biggest pounding and have the shortest careers on average. So why would teams paint themselves into fiscal hell. If Murray wants big money now he's gonna have to change positions or come to terms with the fact that in the new NFL it is what it is.

2cents

good post

Agreed,  between the pass heavy schemes and the prevalence of RBBC,  the pay scale for the modern RB is being driven down...   It also doesn't help that this particular year there are a lot of good RB's coming into the NFL through the draft,   that certainly takes some of his leverage away...

Let's not forget the relatively short shelf life of running backs. It's really tough to commit long term.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Rumor: 5 year, 42 million deal from Philly about to be signed

That sounds like a good deal.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Rumor: 5 year, 42 million deal from Philly about to be signed

That sounds like a good deal.

Figured you'd like that Arli$$ .... laughing

When you next hat costs you 40 bucks though, don't wonder why. wink


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5341

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 pm

I thought they didn't have money for shady, but they do for Murray? I think Shady's a better fit for that offense than Murray, but I'm probably missing something.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I thought they didn't have money for shady, but they do for Murray?   I think Shady's a better fit for that offense than Murray, but I'm probably missing something.

Nope, you're not missing shit, Chip Kelly ... now he may be missing something. you are crazy


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Hopefully Ryan Mathews decides to not sign his contract now and moves on to another team... There is no room for both Murray and Mathews in PHI, it would kill both their fantasy values, until one or the other got hurt that I suppose!


There are other teams that need a RB that would probably pay Mathews the $4m a year he was going to take from the Eagles... Hopefully he moves on...


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Hopefully Ryan Mathews decides to not sign his contract now and moves on to another team...    There is no room for both Murray and Mathews in PHI,  it would kill both their fantasy values,   until one or the other got hurt that I suppose!


There are other teams that need a RB that would probably pay Mathews the $4m a year he was going to take from the Eagles...   Hopefully he moves on...

Maybe Matthews should get on the horn with Jerry Jones. I know if I was an RB, that Dallas and that OL would peak my interest some.
cool2


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Mathews + Murray + Polk + Sproles

Sounds fun. Never go full Carolina.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:15 pm

I don't get it?
If you trade McCoy why would you go and tie up money in a RB again...


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I don't get it?
If you trade McCoy why would you go and tie up money in a RB again...

Cuz they added Kiko shrug


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3625

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Maybe they just didn't like McCoy????


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Full contract details -

Quote :
DeMarco Murray's deal: $40 million base over 5 years, with max of $42 million.$18 million fully guaranteed, $21 million in total guarantees.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   

Back to top Go down
 
Demarco Murray RB TEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: