Share | 

Danny Amendola WR NE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Quote :
Updating previous reports, New England Patriots WR Danny Amendola (hip) tore the adductors that connect his hip to his legs. Amendola may also have a sports hernia and would be out three to four weeks if he needed a surgery to repair a hernia. Analysis: This sounds terrible for Amendola, but this shouldn't be surprising given his history of freak injuries.
Pile it on?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Man,  what a waste!  So much talent,  but his body is just not capable of sustaining the contact.    If it wasn't already obvious,   this guy will never stay healthy enough to be a consistent factor for his team.  Wish I hadn't ended up with him in a couple of leagues...   Wasted the roster spot hoping against hope that he could actually stay in the game...  my bad.

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Just like Danario...

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Tried hard to acquire him in all leagues w/o overpaying... so, yeah, don't own him anywhere and, instead, acquired the much cheaper Edelman in a number of them.

It's a shame... seems like a good guy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Quote :
The Boston Globe suggests that as of Friday, Amendola (groin) is expected to play Sunday night against the Falcons. Analysis: Of course, the report cautions that there is "a lot of time between now and Sunday night," but evidently there is something behind Amendola's upgrade to a "questionable" designation this week. Given that the Globe's take is the most optimistic spin we've seen/heard with regards to Amendola's Week 4 status, we'll keep a close eye out for some form of confirmation -- one way or the other -- as Sunday's 8:30 ET kickoff approaches.
Wouldn't start him either way.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah I wouldn't either... Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the Boston Globe, being the good little homers that they are...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't either...  Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the Boston Globe,  being the good little homers that they are...
So you think that the Globe is making up reports that Gronk/Amendola might play because they wish/hope that they will? That's what you think newspapers and journalists do?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 pm

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Gronk plays. Amendola is weeks away.

Or Amendola plays and Gronk is weeks away. Who the fuck knows? Fucking Patriots.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:08 pm

England Dragons wrote:
It's all smoke and mirrors.

Gronk plays. Amendola is weeks away.

Or Amendola plays and Gronk is weeks away. Who the fuck knows? Fucking Patriots.
Agreed. I doubt neither of them play. Especially Amendola. He was out on the practice field two weeks ago, and couldn't walk without limping. The Patriots listed him as a "iimited" participant.

Well, the Patriot beat writers said he couldn't walk without a limp, maybe they were just being homers.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't either...  Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the Boston Globe,  being the good little homers that they are...
So you think that the Globe is making up reports that Gronk/Amendola might play because they wish/hope that they will? That's what you think newspapers and journalists do?
The Patriot "reporters" are good little homers, and they are hoping to have their best receiver back, but right now they are the only "reporters" on planet earth saying his return this week is likely! I think it is a stretch to call the cheerleading they do journalism.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Really doubt he plays

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
The Patriot "reporters" are good little homers,  and they are hoping to have their best receiver back,  but right now they are the only "reporters" on planet earth saying his return this week is likely!   I think it is a stretch to call the cheerleading they do journalism.  
Maybe because they're the "reporters" that "report" on the Patriots, lol. Anyway there's one report in one paper (the Globe) saying he'll play. The idea that you think they're making this up out of "homerism" is, frankly, really stupid. I assume you're not actually this dense and just trying to back up your incorrect assertion that Dobson didn't have an impressive early camp (which he did).

Obviously all of these guys have sources, and one of them has a source saying Amendola will play. I'd say it's a lot more likely that the "source" is putting things out there because the Patriots want teams to think he's going to play than that he's actually going to play. Either way, saying that journalists make up positive reports because they're "homers" is just really idiotic. There's a different between reporting news and doing analysis.

If you want to not be completely ignorant on the topic, you should look up Ron Borges, who has written for both the Globe and the Herald, and is very open about his hatred for Bill Belichick, and kills him every chance he gets. Also maybe look into the main "cheerleading homer" NFL writer that the Globe has, because his name is Ben Volin and he's just been there for a few months. The Globe had to replace the previous homer, Greg Bedard, who's "cheerleading" that you wouldn't even call "reporting" got him hired as a senior writer for Sports Illustrated. Anyway, Volin came from Florida, where he grew up, and has been covering the Miami Dolphins for 8 years before this job. I guess he changes the teams he's a "homer" of pretty quickly!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Whatever dude, its not just the Patriots, but my opinion is that the vast majority of "reporting" from local newspapers in NFL cities is basically just a form of cheerleading and a far cry from actual journalism. I was just pointing out the irony of the "homers" at the Globe being the only "reporters" saying that Amendola (and Gronk) is likely to play.

I think I am going to leave it at that, because past discussions between you and I have been about as productive as clapping with one hand! You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine. As usual we can just nip it in the bud and agree to disagree.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm

OUT

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
OUT
Of course he is!laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 am

Quote :
There continues to be optimism that Amendola (groin) will play Sunday against the Bengals, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports. Analysis: The final call on that front might not be made until Amendola tests things out in warmups, but he has a shot to return to action Sunday in a game that could feature some wet conditions in Cincinnati.
Still wouldn't trust him.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Come on....i need...i neeeeeeeeed.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 pm

I came here expecting to see he got hurt walking to the mailbox.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah, I expected to read something about him re-pulling his vagina again... Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm

He gonna play. How long he gonna last?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Probably won't finish the game, that seems like a safe bet at this point!

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 pm

C'mon damnandola!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:07 am

There's still 12 hours til the game starts. Plenty of time for him to hurt himself Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Quote :
Amendola was on the field for a season-low 12 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Packers, ESPN's Mike Reiss reports. Analysis: For the second straight game, he did not record a catch, and as long as both Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell are healthy enough to play, Amendola is off the fantasy radar.

I don't think I've ever seen a hype train derail quite this badly.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm

maybe you should read the t rich thread

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

Crying or Very sad
mock

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Crying or Very sad
mock

Eric......

worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Crying or Very sad
mock

Eric......

worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2 worship2

vote yes vote yes vote yes vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Quote :
Patriots activated WR Danny Amendola (knee, ankle) off the active/PUP list. Analysis: Amendola is still unlikely to play Week 1 after missing all of camp, but the move suggests the Patriots expect him back in the first six weeks. Now behind at least Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Martellus Bennett, and Chris Hogan in the pecking order, Amendola does not need to be owned in any format.

I don't know how he still has a job.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Danny Amendola (concussion, knee) did not practice Thursday.
Dealing with a knee injury in addition to a concussion, it seems highly unlikely Amendola gets back on the field this weekend.

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter Sep 14 - 12:33 PM

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am

I don't know why I continue to get suckered in with this guy. Have him in numerous leagues and I'm not sure I've ever started him for a week.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Amendola WR NE   

Back to top Go down

Danny Amendola WR NE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: