Jared Cook TE OAK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
That would be an inaccurate statement.   The problem in Tennessee was a lack of targets,   that isn't the proglem in St Louis,  he had 10 targets in week 1,  6 last week and 7 more today.  The problem the last couple of weeks has been pretty lackluster play by Bradford and an inconsistent run game.   Also,   the playcalling has been strangely conservative,  rarely going down field.   Cook is staying involved in the offense and more big games will follow.
Actually, I meant the same old Rams.
Oh, the part about the Rams I would agree with! Where are the deep shots to Givens like they were doing in preseason? Or even the downfield attempts that they took in week 1? Part of the reason Cook did so well in week 1 was they gave him targets and they threw it to him down field! Yesterday, they were overly conservative, everything was underneath and "safe"... The OC Brian Schottenheimer should stop listening to his old man Marty when it comes to play calling...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:16 pm

So, figured it was time to resurrect his thread. So glad I didn't buy into his hype going into and after week 1. He finally got another TD today, but, has only been over 40 yds 3 times in the last 8 games. Saw him go at a big cost in a few leagues early, just isn't going to live up to it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Quote :
Cook led the Rams in receiving over the 2013 season, amassing 51 catches for 671 yards and five touchdowns. Analysis: It was actually a career year for Cook, although the Rams were hoping for more performances like his effort in Week 1 (seven catches, 141 yards, two touchdowns). Defenses keyed in on Cook after that, and his output dropped dramatically. His value is higher if Sam Bradford is healthy, but temper any Jimmy Graham-like expectations.

This year... this year...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:43 pm

This guy isn't worth owning.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
This guy isn't worth owning.

The #14 TE in fantasy scoring isn't worth owning?   Meanwhile you didn't have a TE on your roster within 65 points of Cook...    scratch

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:51 pm

He also led his team in targets, yards, and receptions. With Bradford back that all should go up even more. I'm not saying he's going to live up to his 'potential,' but I think he's squarely in that middle group of TE's after the top 3 or 4.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:27 am

I think he is a fuckin Pettigrew-esque player and even having to top TE talent I wouldn't want him.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Released

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:17 am

I have a fascination with finding out what Rodgers could do with a tall athletic target like Cook. This is the type of target I believe Thompson would take a look at because he can get him on the cheap.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Quote :
Free agent Jared Cook is visiting the Packers.

It's the first we've heard of Cook since he was released by the Rams last month. The Packers have struggled to find a viable pass catcher at tight end since losing Jermichael Finley to a career-ending neck injury, but Cook is a mistake-prone, one-trick pony. Cook would form a tandem with Richard Rodgers in Green Bay.

Eh. Bleh.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:14 pm

I remember being excited about this turd at one time. What a waste

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Free agent Jared Cook is visiting the Packers.

It's the first we've heard of Cook since he was released by the Rams last month. The Packers have struggled to find a viable pass catcher at tight end since losing Jermichael Finley to a career-ending neck injury, but Cook is a mistake-prone, one-trick pony. Cook would form a tandem with Richard Rodgers in Green Bay.

Eh. Bleh.

That a boy Teddy! I seem to remember a certain someone (me) saying that they should take a look at this guy. Do it!!! The moment he's signed we just got significantly better at TE.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:43 pm

I just don't see it making us significantly better. People had problems with Finley's drops? Oh boy, wait for Cook. Can't block either. How is he even better than Rodgers? Yuck.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Evertbody brags this guy up. (Right Justin?) Then, the season starts and what does he do? Turns into a thief.....................................

Because he just stole your teams money....................

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:08 pm

How can you even evaluate Cook based on past performance. He's been on the most pathetic offenses in the league. His QB's have been Young, Hasselbeck, Locker, Bradford, Clemens, Davis, Foles, Keenum. Over that span there has been one 1,000 yd receiver from 2009-2015 (1,023 in 2011). Nobody has prospered in those offenses. All I'm saying is his ceiling is infinitely higher than Rodgers and he's worth the risk at the right price. He's a 6'4" TE that can still probably run faster than any TE coming out of the draft.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:12 pm

The Packers don't have a TE friendly scheme either. I'm staying far away if he signs. Let someone else live on the "he's a TE with Rodgers as his QB" crap.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 pm

If he signs I'm buying you a Cook jersey

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:16 pm

But he'd be a TE with Rodgers as his QB!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The Packers don't have a TE friendly scheme either. I'm staying far away if he signs. Let someone else live on the "he's a TE with Rodgers as his QB" crap.
It's not a TE friendly scheme because they don't have one to throw to shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Nope. Finley was twice the TE that Cook is and RichRod had 3 receptions less than Finleys best season. Jacob had 767 yards one season, which is still not that great. It's just not set up for someone to be fed the ball. Cook isn't that much of a difference maker either, he's just not that guy. I won't be angry if we sign or if we don't sign I guess, I just view him as a near equal to DickRod.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 am

Do you two support the same team?

laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:43 am

Haha, well I guess we are both very passionate about it but have different appraches how we want to win. No problem with that, I like a good Packer debate. Hope you don't mind Dano.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:43 am

Love a good debate, everyone has their views on how a team should be run. You want to hear passion or more like hatred lets talk Vikings and Bears (to a lesser degree).

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:31 am

I'm in a good position with Cook right now. He's a FA with two years left on his deal. I could cut him at no cost if he signs in a shit location before MFL updates or just hold onto him to see what shakes out if he ends up somewhere like Green bay.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:32 am

Cook is weaksauce. He's that guy who can have a big game once in a while and makes you wonder why in the fuck he doesn't deliver all the time. At this point, he is to blame for that.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I could cut him at no cost if he signs in a shit location before MFL updates

A main reason why I don't like the rule, but I'm not complaining. Yes I am.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Yeah I'm not in favor of that either. Should be if you cut him after its time stamped that he is signed anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Cook is weaksauce.  He's that guy who can have a big game once in a while and makes you wonder why in the fuck he doesn't deliver all the time.  At this point, he is to blame for that.

Exactly this! I think it was 2014, his first year in St. Louis, and he blew up in week 1...then did absolutely shit the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Cook sucks and I hope he doesn't sign in GB! They don't need a TE, they need a DAMN LB!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Yeah I'm not in favor of that either. Should be if you cut him after its time stamped that he is signed anywhere.

steamroller

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm

I think the truth is somewhere is between with Cook... I thinks its a safe bet that he never lives up to becoming the stud that many thought he had the talent to be, but it is also true that the Rams couldn't produce any consistent performers in the receiving game...

It couldn't hurt him if he went to a good situation, but he is still never going to sniff the top 5 TE status, He will be lucky if he ever reaches low end TE1 status...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:51 am

Quote :
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers are "set to sign" free agent TE Jared Cook.

USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports the deal has been done since last week. Cook will take his physical and sign the contract Monday. Coach Mike McCarthy spoke at the Owners Meetings about the need for a "big man" to run down the middle of the field in the passing game. Cook has both the size and athletic ability to be that player for the Packers, but he has never been able to take advantage of his physical gifts on a consistent basis. He has also never played with Aaron Rodgers. Cook will be an interesting late-round name in drafts this summer.

Oy. I was really not a fan of this. Hopefully it pans out in the end.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:16 am

Definitely a receiving upgrade over Richard Rodgers... This is an interesting signing, it will definitely be the best situation that Cook has ever been in...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:23 am

Anybody know any numbers on the contract. Like I've been saying, for the right price why not take a chance on him. Red zone numbers have been horrible and he gives us a big target. I'd still like to see them draft a TE.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 am

Let's see how he does with an actual NFL QB, something he has never had in his whole career.

Also, I like this trade from a fantasy standpoint, because I traded Richard Rodgers for a 2nd round pick! Boy do I like that trade now

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 am

1 year, 3.65m prove it contract.

Interesting.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Anybody know any numbers on the contract. Like I've been saying, for the right price why not take a chance on him. Red zone numbers have been horrible and he gives us a big target. I'd still like to see them draft a TE.

$3.6 on a one year. No word on guaranteed or signing bonus, but they said it was a prove it deal.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:03 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

$3.6 on a one year. No word on guaranteed or signing bonus, but they said it was a prove it deal.

Thanks for confirming my earlier post.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I don't see Thompson resigning him at those prices, if he has a good year that number will be doubled but it will give us a year to draft and develop a young TE. More than I thought they'd spend but I like it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Well if Cook fails this year then you know he's trash.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 pm

Well if Cook fails this year then you know he's trash.

I don't need to wait a year, I already know. The only thing that amazes me is that when Cook walks backwards a "beep, beep" "beep, beep" sound doesn't emulate from his ass.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 pm

Cook is the kind of guy that occasionally delivers a good game and tricks people into thinking he's turned the corner only to fuck them all again. If you don't fall for it, it's actually pretty funny to watch.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Been saying for 2 years this guy is not FF relevant. Justin and I had that argument back in 2014 I do believe. Don't own him, never will.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 pm

packers | Richard Rodgers starter over Jared Cook? Thu Jul 21, 07:44 PM

Quote :
Green Bay Packers TE Richard Rodgers is expected to start over TE Jared Cook, not just in 2016, but for the next few seasons, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. An advantage Rodgers has this season is that he is in better shape after weighing up to 272 pounds last year.

duckhunt

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:47 pm

From a local viewpoint, McGinn is the biggest douchebag ever and tries to drum up stories. Just my thought.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:49 pm

In response to Andy's post as I forgot to hit 'quote'...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 pm

I was looking for a funny trope alert gif or something but couldn't find one so went with surprised cat instead.

I really shouldn't post at 5am on 3 hours sleep...

tired

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:47 am

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 am

IF you all think Cook is good, youre going to be disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   

Back to top Go down

Jared Cook TE OAK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: