Share | 

Jared Cook TE OAK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:52 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Cook is the kind of guy that occasionally delivers a good game and tricks people into thinking he's turned the corner only to fuck them all again.  If you don't fall for it, it's actually pretty funny to watch.

I support this post.

BUT-----if he isnt better this year he really SUCKS because he has a good QB, but it wont matter, trust me.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 pm

packers  | Richard Rodgers starter over Jared Cook?    Thu Jul 21, 07:44 PM

Quote :
Green Bay Packers TE Richard Rodgers is expected to start over TE Jared Cook, not just in 2016, but for the next few seasons, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. An advantage Rodgers has this season is that he is in better shape after weighing up to 272 pounds last year.

duckhunt

Wait a minute, I thought you were the guy that railed against all of these journalists that simply take their personal opinion and turn it into "news"... laughing That is exactly what this is...

Let's look at the facts here, Cook is not all great, but Rodgers is below replacement level, which the GB coaches have hinted at, and they wouldn't have signed Cook if they weren't looking for an upgrade... Cook is at least going to be given a go as the no. 1 TE in GB, and whether or not he wins the job will be determined by the coaches during training camp and not by some journalist sharing his opinion in July... coffee

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 pm

The real question is will the GB offense actually be able to support the TE position to make him worth anything anyway?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Quote :
Green Bay Packers TE Richard Rodgers is expected to start over TE Jared Cook, not just in 2016, but for the next few seasons, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. An advantage Rodgers has this season is that he is in better shape after weighing up to 272 pounds last year.

duckhunt

Wait a minute,   I thought you were the guy that railed against all of these journalists that simply take their personal opinion and turn it into "news"...   laughing   That is exactly what this is...  

Let's look at the facts here,  Cook is not all great,   but Rodgers is below replacement level,  which the GB coaches have hinted at,  and they wouldn't have signed Cook if they weren't looking for an upgrade...   Cook is at least going to be given a go as the no. 1 TE in GB,  and whether or not he wins the job will be determined by the coaches during training camp and not by some journalist sharing his opinion in July...   coffee

Me posting it didn't mean I thought much of it. Oh, and your facts are not facts.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Chris fighting for the guys on his roster until he is blue in the face? Noooooooo. laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 pm

Saying Cook is not that great but he is probably better than the other loser is considered "fighting for him"?! Rolling Eyes And Nick, don't pretend you didn't send many offers to me trying to get Cook...

Facts are indeed facts, and you won't find many people outside of Andy who think that Rodgers is talented enough to start in the NFL... Unless I am mistaken, don't all the GB fans in this league think that Cook will be an upgrade over Rodgers?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 pm

I think Rodgers can start in this league.

Cook may be an upgrade, he may not. He has tools but drops opportunities, and Rodgers will tell him to fuck off if he does that in GB.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Quote :

duckhunt
Starting what? How many games do they play July? Trust me he's the starter in September. Fuck you McGinn

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Quote :

duckhunt
Starting what? How many games do they play July? Trust me he's the starter in September. Fuck you McGinn

Lol. It's one thing to forecast a few months to the start of the season, but to forecast the next few seasons before they're even in pads? This guy is pretty ballsy.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:57 am

GB hadn't had a good TE since Mark Chumura! They just don't use the TE in the passing game game like. Other teams, so I doubt any of these guys will be fantasy relevant

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:28 pm

The question is why hasn't GB used the TE as much as some other teams? Is it really by design of the playbook? Or is it because they haven't had a decent TE in many years?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The question is why hasn't GB used the TE as much as some other teams?   Is it really by design of the playbook?  Or is it because they haven't had a decent TE in many years?

I think it's mainly Because they haven't had the best O line, so they have the TEs stay back and block a lot.

I think the want to use TEs more, but the line has major trouble getting Rodgers extra time. It's been that way so many years, so us Packer fans are used to the TEs being obsolete

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Ummmm, Finley was a MUCH better TE than Cook, and when we had him MM said that they literally designed the season around him in 2010 and he went down with an ACL early.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Ummmm, Finley was a MUCH better TE than Cook, and when we had him MM said that they literally designed the season around him in 2010 and he went down with an ACL early.

I wasn't a fan of Finley either. I don't think, even if he stayed healthy, he would've been that good. We just keep trying to find a good offensive TE, but we keep getting guys like Rodgers and Cook, that are just middle of the road TEs

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Finley did so much more than the stat sheet showed. He actually made the defense account for the middle of the field. I wasn't talking fantasy, I was talking real life TE. He was the biggest physical freak we have had at the position in my lifetime.

Chewy never had a season as good as Finley's best in his short career, and in the 90's we fed our TE's. KJ was better, but he just stopped in briefly.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:11 pm

I miss Finley....that situation was tough to watch. He was much more talented than ever came to fruition no matter what actually caused it. Injuries for sure but besides that soooooo much more should have come from his presence.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Finley did so much more than the stat sheet showed. He actually made the defense account for the middle of the field. I wasn't talking fantasy, I was talking real life TE. He was the biggest physical freak we have had at the position in my lifetime.

Chewy never had a season as good as Finley's best in his short career, and in the 90's we fed our TE's. KJ was better, but he just stopped in briefly.

I know, I was talking about real football not fantasy too. I did like Finley as a complete TE, but was just upset he never materialized into the type of TE I expected him to be. Prior to his major injury that is.

I thought he could be the next top TE, but there were so many games he didn't get the job done like I wanted to see. I guess it's more a disappointment in Finley and not a dislike in him. So I take back my comment that I didn't like him, as that is wrong of me to say

I do miss him too, and that injury he suffered scared the shit outa me!! Almost as scary as Nick Collins injury. Never good to see a player carted off with an injury.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Cook will be Cook, that is a great game every 4th or 5th and disappointment between those great games. This dood has the tools to be solid, maybe even more. However, he has a .10 cent head on that million dollar body.

As for Finley, who was another physical beast in terms of combine numbers. However, his hands were like two stone tablets, much like James Jones. I drank the Finley kool aid in a few leagues and all it did was give me a thumping headache and left me wanting the brown acid leftovers from Woodstock.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Cook will be Cook, that is a great game every 4th or 5th and disappointment between those great games.  This dood has the tools to be solid, maybe even more.  However, he has a .10 cent head on that million dollar body.

As for Finley, who was another physical beast in terms of combine numbers.  However, his hands were like two stone tablets, much like James Jones.  I drank the Finley kool aid in a few leagues and all it did was give me a thumping headache and left me wanting the brown acid leftovers from Woodstock.

coffee

rofl Finley couldn't catch a cold living in Green Bay during the freeze of winter.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 pm

GB also has had 3 good WRs for awhile so a TE isn't so necessary.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah I don't know that they had three good WRs last year. Without Jordy that WR corp is average at best.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Here's an amazing stat... We've been talking about Jared Cook for 3 pages. Jared Fucking Cook!!! God I love this place. metal

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:11 am

1 reception for 7 yards. That's the Jared Cook we know and love. He's no world-beater but Richard Rodgers actually looked good out there and helped out whereas this sluggish bag of orangutan dicks looked slow, lost and worthless as always. Hey Jared, please hang em up and spare us all.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:14 am

1 reception for 7 yards.  That's the Jared Cook we know and love.  He's no world-beater but Richard Rodgers actually looked good out there and helped out whereas this sluggish bag of orangutan dicks looked slow, lost and worthless as always.  Hey Jared, please hang em up and spare us all.

Andy, can you please tell us how you really feel, I almost feel like you left us guessing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
1 reception for 7 yards.  That's the Jared Cook we know and love.  He's no world-beater but Richard Rodgers actually looked good out there and helped out whereas this sluggish bag of orangutan dicks looked slow, lost and worthless as always.  Hey Jared, please hang em up and spare us all.

Andy, can you please tell us how you really feel, I almost feel like you left us guessing.

I have reached out to the Packers organization and let them know that if THAT is all they need from the TE position that I can be had for a very modest wage and they can expect more effort and possibly more production.

This asshat should be renamed Jared the Cook and make sure he wears a fuckin hair net.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:21 am

Poor Jared Cook. Stop picking on him, what did he do to you?  laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 am

Or Jared the Crook for getting all the money he has Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:01 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Poor Jared Cook. Stop picking on him, what did he do to you?  laughing

He poisoned my eyeballs.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am

Probably best to summarize his whole Packer career by his 1st game...His game could have been significantly better. He had a defensive PI call on a long pass down the seam and another misfire by Rodgers. So could have added another 2 catches for 45 yds or so. He's going to have some big games this year and still has a legit shot at being a Top 10 TE.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:41 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Cook is the kind of guy that occasionally delivers a good game and tricks people into thinking he's turned the corner only to fuck them all again.  If you don't fall for it, it's actually pretty funny to watch.

I support this post.  

BUT-----if he isnt better this year he really SUCKS because he has a good QB, but it wont matter, trust me.

Still support this post.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Probably best to summarize his whole Packer career by his 1st game...His game could have been significantly better. He had a defensive PI call on a long pass down the seam and another misfire by Rodgers. So could have added another 2 catches for 45 yds or so. He's going to have some big games this year and still has a legit shot at being a Top 10 TE.

Hitting the rock a lil early today aren't ya?

He is a Top 10 over rated All-timer that is for sure.  He has zero chance of ever being a top 10 scoring TE.  Even the Great Rodgers cannot "double check" and save this bum.  Bring back Finley the TE and place him in a Rascal 2000 to drive the seem (literally) and even he would do better than Cook the crook.

Just sayin' with some nayin' ...  wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

He is a Top 10 over rated All-timer that is for sure.  He has zero chance of ever being a top 10 scoring TE.  Even the Great Rodgers cannot "double check" and save this bum.  Bring back Finley the TE and place him in a Rascal 2000 to drive the seem (literally) and even he would do better than Cook the crook.

Yeah, I agree with you here. Cook has no shot to be that guy, but he could produce here and there. It will be WAY too inconsistent for my liking though.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Funny you mention Finley because if you're a Packer fan he is the President of "overrated" club or the "never lived up to the hype" club. Just a side note, it's not like he has to play great to crack the Top 10 but Rodgers will get him there none the less.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:07 pm

I mentioned Finley on purpsoe and used him as an example cause I'm in the Finley is over rated club, hell I may be the Prez of that club and just not know it ... lol.

Anyway, Cook will have 2 or 3 games at the most where you go "holy shit, this fuckin' guy is AWESOME".  The rest of the games (12 to 14 of them) you will be saying "where the fuck is the useless cunt Cook today?"  

My main point is that even Rodgers will not make this turd consistent fantasy wise.  Cook is Cook and when he retires he will be what his name says he is ... (queue the Dennis Green soundtrack) .. wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:28 am

I don't think he has long to do something because Aaron Rodgers is gonna be advocating for Richard to be "his guy" quickly if the future fry Cook doesn't do something. People can say what they want about RR but what the coach and QB think is about all that matters and in their eyes, I'd bet RR looks better than dopey ol' fry Cook.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 am

I don't think he has long to do something because Aaron Rodgers is gonna be advocating for Richard to be "his guy" quickly if the future fry Cook doesn't do something.  People can say what they want about RR but what the coach and QB think is about all that matters and in their eyes, I'd bet RR looks better than dopey ol' fry Cook.

I think the huge thing for RR, is the AR trusts him. He has pretty sure hands, something that Cook lacks at times.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:39 am

Richard may not be a sexy guy for us fantasy footballers, but he is a solid option in the NFL if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:12 am

Richard may not be a sexy guy for us fantasy footballers, but he is a solid option in the NFL if you ask me.

I like sexy guys........I dropped Jared Cook in a league this week for a waiver pick. Not worried one bit about it either.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Quote :
Jared Cook was spotted with his right foot in a walking boot and using crutches after the Packers' Week 3 win over the Lions. Analysis: Cook left the game in the second quarter and never returned. The Packers called the injury an ankle issue, but Cook had surgery on his right foot in June. Richard Rodgers would be in line for a bigger role if Cook is forced to miss time.

The Jared Cook experiment has failed.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Who could have seen this coming? Glad he's hurt only so the Packers will stop trying to force him into relevance and Richard Rodgers will improve their passing attack.

Jared Cook sucks and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Glad I didn't trade for him like I tried to a few times. It was the inner homer in me thinking he would be better than he is.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Figured I would post this since there are so many Cook fans here...

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reports Jared Cook's ankle injury is not season-ending.
Quote :
Cooks was spotted on crutches and in a boot after being carted to the locker room Week 3 against the Lions. The concern is the injury is to the same foot which required surgery in June. Demovsky reports the Packers are still trying to determine if he is looking at a multi-week absence. The Packers are on bye this week before hosting the Giants in Week 5.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:13 pm

That sucks for the Packers.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:17 pm

That sucks for the Packers.

Sucks for the Packers in blocking, but as a receiving threat not at all. I knew he wouldn't bust out in this Offense, that hardly ever uses its TEs in the passing game

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 pm

ESPN's Jason Wilde reports the Packers offered free agent Jared Cook more than they paid Martellus Bennett.
Bennett signed for three years and $21 million on Friday. If true, it's astounding Cook didn't take the offer. It was either hardball gone wrong or a compete overestimation of what Cook can get on the open market. It's not entirely surprising a player as mistake prone as Cook dropped the ball like this. He has no shot at beating Bennett's offer elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Would have liked to keep him but happy with the way things panned out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

ESPN's Jason Wilde reports the Packers offered free agent Jared Cook more than they paid Martellus Bennett.
Bennett signed for three years and $21 million on Friday. If true, it's astounding Cook didn't take the offer. It was either hardball gone wrong or a compete overestimation of what Cook can get on the open market. It's not entirely surprising a player as mistake prone as Cook dropped the ball like this. He has no shot at beating Bennett's offer elsewhere.

Silly boy.

get some

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:14 am

Cook is hot garbage. Not sure how anyone could have watched his season and thought anything more of him. If he was made an offer and turned it down....

He dumb.

you are crazy Dumb.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:00 am

Cook is hot garbage.  Not sure how anyone could have watched his season and thought anything more of him.  If he was made an offer and turned it down....

He dumb.

you are crazy  Dumb.

Well Rodgers QBR drastically improved with him in the offense, like crazy amounts. He was crucial to us in the playoffs too when he got healthy.

But he needs to fire his new agent. This was a giant fuck up. HUGE.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 am

Cook is not a player I ever target.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   

Back to top Go down

Jared Cook TE OAK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum