Share | 

Jared Cook TE OAK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Quote :
Cook (shoulder) will have an MRI on Monday to assess the severity of his injury, The Tennessean reports. Analysis: Cook, who has had an impressive start to the season, does not think his injury will require surgery. However, his MRI results will be more decisive, so keep an eye on his status going forward

no

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Quote :
Cook (shoulder) was limited at practice Thursday, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports. Analysis: Cook didn't practice Wednesday, so this is actually an upgrade that bodes well for the tight end's chances of playing Sunday against the Texans.

Good news for Cook and the Titans especially if Britt is down again.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Quote :
Cook has reportedly requested a trade from the Titans, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports. Analysis: Cook, who is in the last year of his deal with the Titans, is eighth among NFL tight ends with 373 receiving yards and is on a 56-catch pace. He's evidently frustrated with the way the team has been using him of late, as he was on the field for only 25 of the Titans' 59 offensive snaps in Week 8.

If he gets traded who's the next man up?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Quote :
Jared Cook sustained a right shoulder injury late in Sunday's loss to the Colts. Analysis: So much for that late-season momentum Cook seems to have annually. He was forced out of the game late in the third quarter and was unable to return, finishing with a 3/20/1 line. Expect more details on Monday.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Quote :
Titans tight end Jared Cook has been placed on injured reserve with a torn rotator cuff. SOURCE: John Glennon, Tennesseann Analysis: Cook hasn't been a major factor in Tennessee's offense this season but he's been more involved since Jake Locker returned from his shoulder injury. Craig Stevens (20-252-1) is the next man up but isn't an attractive fantasy option.

Good thing my season is over...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Paul Kuharsky "fully expects" the Titans to use their franchise tag on impending free agent Jared Cook.

Analysis: Kuharsky is a former Titans' beat writer, so we'll give his take here a little extra credence. Fantasy owners have long been frustrated by Cook's lack of production and under-utilization. If the Titans spend $5.962 million to franchise him on a one-year deal, we'll know they think his ceiling is high as well. Cook managed just 44 catches, 523 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this season. It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

Unfortunate. Was hoping he'd find greener pastures.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am

Quote :
According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, free agent Jared Cook "appears to have no future" in Tennessee. Analysis: This directly contradicts what ESPN's Paul Kuharsky postulated earlier this month, as the former Titans' beat writer said he "fully expects" Tennessee to franchise tag its perennially under-utilized tight end. Cook would be due an affordable $5.962 under the tag. La Canfora "would expect" former Titans coach Jeff Fisher to target Cook for the Rams if he reaches the open market. We'd guess Cook gets one more chance in Tennessee.

pray

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 am

Screw Tennessee come to St. Louis and watch your numbers go up.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 am

Maybe it was just Tennessee getting to him but I went from a fan to not believing this past season.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 am

I believe a change of scenery will do him good. Definately if he can somehow get into an offense that uses the tight ends in the pass.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm

St Louis should be a decent place for him. Amendola will probably be gone

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Quote :
The Nashville Tennessean suggests the Titans could hit a "big snag" in contract talks with free agent Jared Cook over whether he should be classified as a tight end or wide receiver.

Analysis: Cook played over 60 percent of his snaps as a slot receiver/wideout in 2012, and this could become contentious if the Titans try slapping Cook with the tight end franchise tag. The franchise number for receivers is roughly $10.5 million. The tight end franchise number is just under $6 million. Per beat writer Jim Wyatt, Cook and the Titans are "nowhere close" to a long-term agreement.

Very interesting. Do they keep him if he wins his argument and is classified as a WR?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 pm

So frustrating, he's criminally underused by the Titans yet they want to franchise tag him? Maybe if they have to pay the higher price tag, they will finally use him more...

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:29 am

Same thing Jermichael Finley was arguing the year before their still both TE's and as of now neither are great and should be thankful of the franchise tag money for the TE. Out of their minds to think they should get top WR money. I get it though the agent has to try.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Quote :
The NFL Players Association is backing free agent Jared Cook as he attempts to argue he's a wide receiver -- not a tight end. Analysis: Per Mike Clay's 2012 charted stats, Cook played 67 percent of his snaps in the slot and three percent outside. So he's going to have a very strong case. The franchise tag for a receiver is $10.537 million, and the tight-end tag is $6.066 million. We suspect the sides will wind up meeting somewhere in the middle.

Wonder if his MLF designation would change if he wins the battle.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Quote :
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have reached an "impasse" with free agent Jared Cook over their franchise-tag dispute, and it's "safe to say" they will not reach a long-term deal on Monday.

Analysis: That means Cook will hit the open market. The fact that the Titans aren't willing to tag Cook as a tight end suggests they believe Cook would have won the argument that he should be considered a receiver. That would have far-reaching implications for future free agent tight ends. Watching Cook walk would be bad news for a team that needs to surround Jake Locker with as much talent as possible, but a potential boon for Cook's fantasy value. He's been criminally underused throughout his four years in Tennessee.

Hell yes!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm

a potential boon? Don't buy it. Believe it when I see it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Quote :
A source tells the Chicago Sun-Times that free agent Jared Cook will draw interest from the Bears. Analysis: The Bears have swung and missed with lumbering, drop-prone Kellen Davis. Cook would step right in as a true "move" tight end, representing a massive upgrade in terms of both separation ability and hands. The sight of Jay Cutler would also be welcomed by Cook, who has been underutilized over his first four NFL seasons while catching passes from the likes of Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Kerry Collins and Vince Young.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 pm

It would be great for the Bears and Cook if he does end up going there

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Cutler approves. Lol

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 am

It makes perfect sense. Which is why it won't happen.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Quote :
BrianHPFC‏@PFCentral

Rams Sign Jared Cook: Breaking news Rams Sign Jared Cook. http://wp.me/pcQbV-329

Not a bad landing spot.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Quote :
"@JasonLaCantora: The #Rams and former Titans tight end Jared Cook have agreed in principle to a 5 year 35 million dollar deal."

Cleaned up!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

So Lance "Stonehands" Kendricks is now even more worthless than he already was! Laughing Just hope these guys use him the right way. He is a weapon, not a run blocker, why Tennessee could never get it right is beyond me...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
So Lance "Stonehands" Kendricks is now even more worthless than he already was! Laughing Just hope these guys use him the right way. He is a weapon, not a run blocker, why Tennessee could never get it right is beyond me...

Yup, time to drop Kendricks in a couple leagues...........

Tried holding out hope for him........

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Thats way too much money for this guy.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Disappointed about this, had high hopes for kendricks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:14 am

Quote :
New Rams TE Jared Cook says the Titans offense "really didn't suit me." Analysis: Cook is stating the obvious. "It didn't fit me," Cook said. "That's just how it is. Every team a player goes to, the fit is not perfect. Some guys have to move around to two or three teams before they find the perfect fit." Cook also implied Sam Bradford is the best quarterback he's ever played with. "I've always kind of had to use my catch radius and make kind of circus catches. Not so much here. (Bradford) puts it right on the money, and he makes good reads."

Scooped him up everywhere I could. I have high hopes for him.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:19 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
New Rams TE Jared Cook says the Titans offense "really didn't suit me." Analysis: Cook is stating the obvious. "It didn't fit me," Cook said. "That's just how it is. Every team a player goes to, the fit is not perfect. Some guys have to move around to two or three teams before they find the perfect fit." Cook also implied Sam Bradford is the best quarterback he's ever played with. "I've always kind of had to use my catch radius and make kind of circus catches. Not so much here. (Bradford) puts it right on the money, and he makes good reads."

Scooped him up everywhere I could. I have high hopes for him.

Me too, I like his talent and seems like he should have a larger role with the Rams... I have been trying to collect Cook and Jordan Cameron wherever I can get them as they have been relatively cheap and I think they have a chance to break into TE 1 territory this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Quote :
St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said the team will move TE Jared Cook around this season. 'He's going to play all over the place,' Fisher said. 'We've even got him in the backfield, so we've got some good things for him.' Fisher said Cook and QB Sam Bradford have spent a lot of time together this offseason in order to build chemistry. Analysis: Cook hit career highs with 49 grabs for 759 yards in 2011 and should eclipse those marks this season given the young and unproven weapons elsewhere in the St. Louis passing game.

Cook in the backfield, Austin in the backfield... everyone but RB's!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:40 am

Can't wait for training camp and preseason games to start seeing some of how they migh use him...

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 am

Tenn was talking about how much they were going to use Cook for the last 2 years. That never came to fruition.  I started that bandwagon 2 years ago and I have officially jumped off of it and started the Cameron/Housler train.  CHOO-fuckin-CHOO! BTW, there is still room...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Doesn't matter what happened the last two years... Different situation... Different team and they paid quite a bit of money to bring him in to STL. Jared Cook in for a big year!

I have Jordan Cameron, so I am already on that train as well! I think both Cook and Cameron have very good shots at finishing the season as top 10 TEs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 am

Quote :
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch says it "almost feels" as if Jared Cook has "taken over (Danny) Amendola's slot position" early in camp. Analysis: Cook was primarily a slot tight end in Tennessee, and ex-Titans coach Jeff Fisher knows how to best use his strengths. Cook anticipates the Rams "putting me on stage a little bit more." The Rams' offseason approach was centered around creating big plays, scrapping chain movers Amendola and Steven Jackson. A 4.49 seam stretcher inside the numbers, Cook oozes big-play ability.

So fucking money. Cook is going to be an absolute beast this year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:26 am

I tried to get Cook wherever I could this offseason... I think he is a legitimate candidate to be a breakout superstar!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Flat out dominant! Today showed what he is capable of when a team actually makes him a focal point of the offense! He is so fast and so athletic, he is a huge mismatch for opposing defenses!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 am

Yup. I spent all off season saying how amazing he was going to be but the Cardinals D scared me so I benched him.

Never again will I make that mistake.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am

One game. Only one game. I might temper my Woody just a little. It's not like he hasn't been in Fisher's offense before......................

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
One game. Only one game. I might temper my Woody just a little. It's not like he hasn't been in Fisher's offense before......................
Bradford is a much better QB than what he had and that O-Line has been overhauled. Cook is money.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am

And this really isn't the same Fisher offense he was in before... They have tailored things more to fit Bradford and his passing skills. And it is all about opportunity, in Tennessee he wasn't a focal target for whatever reason... If they keep giving him the targets, he will have many more games similar to this week. There isn't a faster, more athletic receiving tight end in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 am

And this really isn't the same Fisher offense he was in before...   They have tailored things more to fit Bradford and his passing skills.   And it is all about opportunity,   in Tennessee he wasn't a focal target for whatever reason...    If they keep giving him the targets,   he will have many more games similar to this week.  There isn't a faster,  more athletic receiving tight end in the NFL.
Not saying he's not talented, also not sure I buy that 100%. I expect him to have a great year, just not sure he will duplicate that same stat line again this year. I also think the same can be said for Julius Thomas.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am

Not that 40 times are the best measuring stick, but Cook runs 4.50 40 yd dash and has been timed in the 4.4's. The only other TE I can think of with sub 4.5 speed is Vernon Davis. Cook is a bit bigger though.

Of course I am not saying that he will put up that stat line every week, it isn't realistic. But, if Bradford keeps giving him the targets he will produce, he is bigger than most WR's and as fast or faster than many of them. Can't cover him with a LB.

I like Julius Thomas as well, and of course he might be in the best situation of any TE in the league, look at his QB and the other 3 WR's on that roster. But Thomas is not the same kind of athlete as Cook is. Thomas runs about a 4.7 40 and is not as agile and athletic.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am

Also, Bob, I'm not sure why you don't think Cook would be able to have the same kind of day statistically as he did in Week 1. 7 catches for 141 yds and 2 TD is a good stat line no doubt, but its not like a career best type of a line. And he did that against the Cardinals who are not exactly pushovers on defense, surely he will have more matchups against more inferior defenses than he did in week 1.

I am not saying he is now the best TE in the league or anything, what I have said all along was that if the Rams actually give him the targets he will be a top 10 TE. I don't think that is debatable at this point.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm

He's a PPR monster and he'll be a top 5 TE this year. Bradford *loves* him.

Thomas I'm not buying on yet. Decker, Welker, D-Train, Julius Thomas, Dressen and Tamme are all options for the passing game, not counting that stupid back field. Julius all but vanished in the second half as teams covered him. When Dressen and Tamme come back he'll see the field a little less too (although he's a far superior pass catching talent.)

I'm just not buying it. I certainly wouldn't trust him. Not even a little. He'll be good in spots but I expect much more Kevin Ogletree type production than Jimmy Graham.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Not saying Cook isn't talented. I'm just saying teams will start to defend him and that is going to cut his numbers quite a bit. Figure Austin draws the #1 DB, but after that, the Rams are not all that scary. He'll do very well, but see him finishing somewhere in the 10-14 range.

It's just my opinion, we don 't have to agree, shit, I could be dead wrong and he outperforms all TE's, I just don't think it will happen.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm

You're not giving Givens enough credit at all.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeah, Givens is a nice receiver and the combination of Pettis, Quick and Bailey give the Rams nice depth options at WR... Opposing teams can try to scheme for Cook to limit him but that will leave Austin and Givens more room. Its not quite to the level of the Broncos, but it is a similar pick your poison type of a deal. The Rams were also running 4 receiver sets quite often with Cook in the slot. This can force a defense to roll a safety in to help or to bring in extra DB's but the bottom line is he will be tough to cover even if defenses scheme to take him away. Should be fun to watch all year.

The other thing is it looks like Bradford is comfortable in this new offense and he is ready to take the next step in his development. The Rams are gonna be a tough out this season...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, hate to say it, starting to look like the same old same old.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 pm

That would be an inaccurate statement. The problem in Tennessee was a lack of targets, that isn't the proglem in St Louis, he had 10 targets in week 1, 6 last week and 7 more today. The problem the last couple of weeks has been pretty lackluster play by Bradford and an inconsistent run game. Also, the playcalling has been strangely conservative, rarely going down field. Cook is staying involved in the offense and more big games will follow.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:08 am

That would be an inaccurate statement.   The problem in Tennessee was a lack of targets,   that isn't the proglem in St Louis,  he had 10 targets in week 1,  6 last week and 7 more today.  The problem the last couple of weeks has been pretty lackluster play by Bradford and an inconsistent run game.   Also,   the playcalling has been strangely conservative,  rarely going down field.   Cook is staying involved in the offense and more big games will follow.
Actually, I meant the same old Rams.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared Cook TE OAK   

Back to top Go down

Jared Cook TE OAK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: