Randall Cobb WR GBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Would love to see Cobb hit the FA market.  GB seems to draft WRs with ease...

I think this statement has more to do with the fact the Pack have trucked Favre and Rodgers out there weekly since 1992. That is almost 25 years, man. Also, Rodgers is deadly accurate. He throws footballs around a field like an English dart player.

coffee

This is true, but might also highlight the need to not overspend on WRs.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Staying in Green Bay per @AdamSchefter. 4 year 40 Million.

yay

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Never a doubt in my mind pray

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:57 pm

party4
fun dance
banana7
party3

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Works for me!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:13 am

This is really where he belongs. I still like Adams alot. He will get playing time no doubt.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

This is going to look like a silly $ decision by Cobb two weeks from now.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Staying in Green Bay per @AdamSchefter. 4 year 40 Million.

yay

Thought the Raiders had said they'd pay more. Of all people, I'm just surprised to see you doing the happy dance ??

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:57 am

New England Nineties wrote:
This is going to look like a silly $ decision by Cobb two weeks from now.

I think he's well aware that he's given the Packers a bit of a hometown discount. He can always go to the Raiders and wallow in mediocrity when this contract is up. Right now going to the Raiders is career suicide

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 am

Career suicide? Whatever. Good players can be good anywhere. It wouldn't be likely that he'd make less money or have a shorter career overall going to a team like the Raiders. He's already left at minimum of $8M on the table. Not a stretch to think he could have gotten a longer term and perhaps a larger guarantee.

Don't care where he plays. Best person to decide that is him, but playing for less than your value in the NFL seems much closer to "career suicide" than taking a max offer from a rebuilding team.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:44 am

Look at Eric Decker to the Jets or James Jones to the Raiders. They were both worth more money coming from a Rodgers/Peyton offence than they are now. (Although I never liked either.)

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:56 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Career suicide?  Whatever.  Good players can be good anywhere.  It wouldn't be likely that he'd make less money or have a shorter career overall going to a team like the Raiders.  He's already left at minimum of $8M on the table.   Not a stretch to think he could have gotten a longer term and perhaps a larger guarantee.  

Don't care where he plays.  Best person to decide that is him, but playing for less than your value in the NFL seems much closer to "career suicide" than taking a max offer from a rebuilding team.

Definitely career suicide... Who was the last FA that went to the Raiders and prospered? Whoever goes to the Raiders is worth less when they leave. FA don't go to the Raiders unless they are in the waning part of their careers. Nobody goes there in their prime that's why they're the Raiders. They are a dysfunctional organization and will be for awhile

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 pm

I knew Corn prices were on the rise, 10 M for a Cobb. Hmm, okay. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Look at Eric Decker to the Jets or James Jones to the Raiders.  They were both worth more money coming from a Rodgers/Peyton offence than they are now.  (Although I never liked either.)  

Jones was 29 or 30 when he went to the Raiders. It was basically his last contract either way. I'm going to go back and see what Decker got from the Jets. Is Cobb going to go for a huge contract at 28 or 29 when this one is up? I stand by thinking he'll probably have left money on the table looking at the career in its entirety. If career suicide means he'll be a HoF WR with the Packers but not with another team, well...some people like him more than me. I'm writing this one down in two places and hope I remember at least one of them in 2019. But I guess we'll never really know.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Look at Eric Decker to the Jets or James Jones to the Raiders.  They were both worth more money coming from a Rodgers/Peyton offence than they are now.  (Although I never liked either.)  

Jones was 29 or 30 when he went to the Raiders.  It was basically his last contract either way.  I'm going to go back and see what Decker got from the Jets.  Is Cobb going to go for a huge contract at 28 or 29 when this one is up?  I stand by thinking he'll probably have left money on the table looking at the career in its entirety.  If career suicide means he'll be a HoF WR with the Packers but not with another team, well...some people like him more than me.  I'm writing this one down in two places and hope I remember at least one of them in 2019.  But I guess we'll never really know.  

It depends what you mean by career suicide - if you believe the objective is to maximize earnings then maybe re-signing wasn't the best option but A) we don't know that (since his numbers could plummet with a crap team making his 3rd contract worth less) and B) I personally wouldn't consider that the objective function of my career

If I could choose 50M and playoffs almost every year with a shot at the SB vs 60M+ and toiling at the bottom of the league with a messed up organization I know which one I'd take...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:34 pm

I don't think Cobb should be worrying about his second contract. Few players are at that level, he's not like a Darrell Revis. Get it while you can IMO.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Oh brother...

Roto wrote:
Randall Cobb suffered a shoulder injury in the Packers' third preseason game.
Cobb injured his shoulder trying to make a catch on the opening series. He was immediately take to the locker room, and is likely done for the game. The Packers can't afford to lose Cobb after Jordy Nelson's season-ending torn ACL. Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis will get an extended look in three-wide sets.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LOL!  Right with ya...Here's hoping it's just a precautionary deal.  pray

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:56 pm

mischevious go vikings!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

I hope this isn't a bad injury  pray2

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 am

Word is that it IS NOT a broken collarbone, so that is good... haven't heard the severity of the sprain or if it is something else like a separation... Hopefully we will hear tomorrow...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:32 am

Don't like the fact that "HE" doesn't know if he'll be ready...But given the source, who knows what was really said, or the context.

ESPN wrote:
X-rays on Randall Cobb's injured shoulder came back negative.
He'll have more tests Sunday but it looks like he's going to be okay. Cobb got hurt on his third play from scrimmage Saturday against the Eagles. At first he thought he broke his collarbone but that wasn't the case. "I just caught the ball and was going down to the ground, and I had a guy land on top of me," said Cobb. "It's not what we think it could've been." Cobb isn't sure if he'll be ready for Week 1 against Chicago.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Ouch, the Pack is taking a whooping at WR this pre-season. Even if this injury is one he can bounce back from in reasonably short order, fact is he is already hurting entering the season and with an increased work load being eyed to replace the loss somewhat of Jordy this does not look like a good thing. Pack might have really focus on working Lacy hard and heavy and play a more run balanced/run heavy style this year. I have lil confidence that Ty Monty or Jeff Anus err Janis can fill the Nelson nuimbers and if Cobb ever succumbs to injury this year things compound at that point. Might not be any Cheese puffs at the x-mas party this year.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Rodgers makes WR's, not the other way around. Remember that. Davante, Janis, and Monty will all be household names by the end of the 2015 season. Maybe even Myles White.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Keep drinking that Kool-aide Nick...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Rodgers makes WR's, not the other way around. Remember that. Davante, Janis, and Monty will all be household names by the end of the 2015 season. Maybe even Myles White.
Just like Favre used to when he was throwing to Bill Schroeder and Don Bebbe and still killing teams. I agree 100%

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Keep drinking that Kool-aide Nick...

Oh I'm drinking the kool-aide, and you will see Pinky, you will see. laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Verified as a minor AC joint sprain... most players don't even miss any time with this type of injury. Cobb wasn't going to play in week 4 of the preseason anyway, so I would be shocked if he isn't ready to go for week 1. What looked potentially horrible has turned out to be next to nothing...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks Chris...Kept replaying the injury and the camera angle has him folding up after the defender lands on top of him; I was thinking collar bone, which wouldn't be season ending, but extremely painful, especially for a wide receiver...Good News!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 am

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

sick

We clearly need a Packers man love sub-forum. tongue

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Excellent post!!!!

Cobb has a minor injury so no need to worry.  Adams and Cobb are both going to be crazy good this year

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:

sick

We clearly need a Packers man love sub-forum.  tongue

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:21 am

Quote :
Fox Sports reported Packers WR Randall Cobb will be able to play Week 1.

Cobb injured himself in the third preseason game. A source told Fox Sports all "indicators" are Cobb will be able to play in the regular season opener. With Jordy Nelson (ACL) done for the year, Cobb has a chance to better his career highs in catches (91) and receiving yards (1,287) set last season.

Good stuff.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am

Randall Cobb will have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of his shoulder injury.
It is not much of an update, but it is the first we have gotten since Cobb left Sunday night's game in the fourth quarter. With Jordy Nelson also questionable with a quad injury, Davante Adams could be forced into the No. 1 role this week against the Bengals, and Geronimo Allison will be worth a look on the waiver wire.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am

This sucks man. I like Allison and I like Adams, but can Adams step up and be the #1 for the Pack next week? Who knows......

Just great, we get a possibly recharged Bengals team that will be going out for blood, and we are stuck deploying Allison, Adams and Davis as are starting WRs sick

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Adams is JAG. The Packers have collected a few of them and it makes me sad.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Why would you say that?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Why would you say that?
LOL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 pm

May have dodged a bullet.

The Packers view Randall Cobb as day to day after an MRI came back negative on his shoulder.
Quote :
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is calling the injury "nothing major." Cobb left Sunday night's game in the fourth quarter. It sounds like he'll be ready for Week 3 against the Bengals, but we'll have to monitor him throughout the week.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Why would you say that?

Because it's the truth. Adams has been forced into the role he has....it happens....it's the same reason Markus fuckin Wheaton played as long as he did in Pittsburgh. But he (Adams) isn't anything special. That fuckin pile Martellus Bennett shouldn't be rated as high as he is peoples eyes either but here we sit. Not sure how many passes that donkey has to drop before they stop peppering his ass with targets...believe he had like 11 yesterday which partly is because Jordy went out but even then if the GB staff saw what I saw they would have reconsidered.

Geronimo Allison is raw as hell but if he can develop, the Jordy/Cobb/Allison combo would beat the shit out of anything that included Adams or Bennett.

@Bennett fans.....save your hate mail. I know he's your hero. After doing nothing in Dallas (Witten) he went to Chicago where he got plenty of targets and had a dynamic duo leaving him a lot of room to look great and now he's dropping balls and getting stupid penalties in Green Bay. I'll throw him this bone...he's better than Jared "the hack" Cook easily but the love ends there. He should see if the waterboy needs a drink.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 pm

just one of the many injuries I sustained this week.. FUCK

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:29 am

I think you are very wrong on Davante. He was one of my favorites coming out of college and he is developing into a very nice pro. In 2-3 years I think we laugh about your comment and can't believe it was made.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I think you are very wrong on Davante. He was one of my favorites coming out of college and he is developing into a very nice pro. In 2-3 years I think we laugh about your comment and can't believe it was made.

Yes. Makes some boneheaded drops but is not the worst receiver in the league. Obviously having Aaron Rodgers as your QB helps but to compare him to Markus Wheaton is insulting to the man.

Loved watching him in college. Derek Carr throwing fades to Adams in the corner of the end zone on every red zone play.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am

He's JAG. He's better than Wheaton but he'd fail hard if he doesn't have better players drawing better coverage away from him. He's in an ideal situation so he has value. If he ever loses the situation you will see everything I'm saying become very clear.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:35 am

He's JAG. He's better than Wheaton but he'd fail hard if he doesn't have better players drawing better coverage away from him. He's in an ideal situation so he has value. If he ever loses the situation you will see everything I'm saying become very clear.

Well I would hope he wouldn't become as bad as Treadwell.  laughing

In all seriousness, I totally disagree, but we may never know.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:34 am

I'm also in the camp that think he is JAG that has some inflated production by the elite QB and offense he is on.. When he moves on to seek a big paday he will show his true colors

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:57 am

I'm a fan of Cobb. But when he lost his return abilities then he became less of a threat. He accounted for over 1200 return yards in his first two seasons, but after he suffered a fractured fibula in 2013 he just hasn't been quite the same. Although he was averaging 7.5 catches a game in the first two games this year. Anywhere besides Green Bay or maybe New England and his value does drop.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   

Back to top Go down

Randall Cobb WR GBP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: